MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked

3.6

I love Beauty Marked for smokey purple looks. or as a liner. I just don't like how it can flake.

on 1/22/2006 12:42:00 PM

I would not repurchase this, because I'll never use it all. A dark, smokey black with red glitter, it makes a really great dramatic eye. I use it in the crease and top it with Vanilla pigment. Not for everyday wear, but really pretty and flattering for a night out.

on 1/19/2006 8:09:00 PM

I really wanted to LOVE this color..I was eyeing it at the MAC counter for so long and finally bought it. I am a little disappointed with this only for the fact that it goes on differently on me than it looks in the pot. The sparkles don't really show up much on me and it doesn't really blend all that great to me. I can wear it as a liner and it looks good, but I guess I need more ideas on what to do with this.

on 1/11/2006 10:13:00 PM

highly pigmented and is fabulous as an eyeliner or on crease!

on 12/30/2005 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG i friggin love this color,goes with anything on me,specially if you wear flammable paint or fuschia piggie.bring out the red sparkles.very easy to blend,but not for those who are scared of darker colors.i would deff. buy it again

on 12/30/2005 3:26:00 AM

I had this for a couple of years now. I hardly use it b/c it's such a hard color to use if you don't do it right. I first got it b/c the M/U artist was doing a smokey eye on me. I neglected it for a year or so b/c I couldn't duplicate what she did. I recently tried it again and to my surprise I really like it now. I pair it with Trax and used both of them wet so the shimmers show through. It also looked really pretty with gold liner around the inner eyes.

on 12/22/2005 8:25:00 PM

I loved how this looked at the counter, but on me it looks almost black. Maybe I am useing it wrong, but if I knew, I would have saved my 13.50.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my least favorite MAC shadow. It isn't that it's ugly, it just isn't what it's supposed to be. Beauty Marked goes on black, not reddish at all, and the shimmer is barely noticeable if you apply it dry. It can look cool and metallic over Pixel or Stilife, but not any cooler than Black Tied. Maybe if you tried it with Flammable. I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but half way through the pan, mine shattered. No way I'm repurchasing.

on 11/13/2005 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This looks great in the pan - deep purple-ish with red microglitter. Unfortunately I tried everything and it just shows up as flat black on me. No glitter, no hint of any colour except just plan boring matte black. It's also the only Mac shadow I have that has broken up a bit in the pan, and it also tends to fall all over the place when applying.

on 11/9/2005 10:01:00 AM

It's easy to create a dramatic look with this shade. Definitely more of a night out on the town shadow for me. The only thing that turns me away is I like a matte smokey eye effect and the Beauty Marked has a lot of shimmer to this dark shade, so much so I can't come to love it but as for recommending it ... Definitely .... easy to apply and stay's on.

Top Rated MAC Products