October 25, 2014 | 1120 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would not repurchase this, because I'll never use it all. A dark, smokey black with red glitter, it makes a really great dramatic eye. I use it in the crease and top it with Vanilla pigment. Not for everyday wear, but really pretty and flattering for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jojobean

I really wanted to LOVE this color..I was eyeing it at the MAC counter for so long and finally bought it. I am a little disappointed with this only for the fact that it goes on differently on me than it looks in the pot. The sparkles don't really show up much on me and it doesn't really blend all that great to me. I can wear it as a liner and it looks good, but I guess I need more ideas on what to do with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

highly pigmented and is fabulous as an eyeliner or on crease!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by prppygrl69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG i friggin love this color,goes with anything on me,specially if you wear flammable paint or fuschia piggie.bring out the red sparkles.very easy to blend,but not for those who are scared of darker colors.i would deff. buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this for a couple of years now. I hardly use it b/c it's such a hard color to use if you don't do it right. I first got it b/c the M/U artist was doing a smokey eye on me. I neglected it for a year or so b/c I couldn't duplicate what she did. I recently tried it again and to my surprise I really like it now. I pair it with Trax and used both of them wet so the shimmers show through. It also looked really pretty with gold liner around the inner eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mpickens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved how this looked at the counter, but on me it looks almost black. Maybe I am useing it wrong, but if I knew, I would have saved my 13.50.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2005 1:05:00 PM More reviews by another_mac_addict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my least favorite MAC shadow. It isn't that it's ugly, it just isn't what it's supposed to be. Beauty Marked goes on black, not reddish at all, and the shimmer is barely noticeable if you apply it dry. It can look cool and metallic over Pixel or Stilife, but not any cooler than Black Tied. Maybe if you tried it with Flammable. I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but half way through the pan, mine shattered. No way I'm repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 11:08:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This looks great in the pan - deep purple-ish with red microglitter. Unfortunately I tried everything and it just shows up as flat black on me. No glitter, no hint of any colour except just plan boring matte black. It's also the only Mac shadow I have that has broken up a bit in the pan, and it also tends to fall all over the place when applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mouray

It's easy to create a dramatic look with this shade. Definitely more of a night out on the town shadow for me. The only thing that turns me away is I like a matte smokey eye effect and the Beauty Marked has a lot of shimmer to this dark shade, so much so I can't come to love it but as for recommending it ... Definitely .... easy to apply and stay's on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 9:39:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Beautiful in the pan, and although totally different on the lid, it's still a sexy shade when worn. It's blackened plum with some shimmer - great for the crease or as a liner. I just haven't been able to pull it off as a wash - I look like I've been beaten to death.