Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I have combination/acne prone skin, and this foundation makes my skin look better after I wear it! I wish it had a little heavier coverage, but with concealer and powder, I get pretty good coverage. I have been using this for years with good results and will continue to purchase!

on 11/11/2010 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really didn't like this product. When I put it around my nose, it gets cakey and flakey looking. And I do not have dry skin at all!! I don't even put on very much either. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this or buy it again.

on 11/8/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this foundation last Saturday and have been wearing it everyday. I have badly uneven, acne-prone, oily skin and its hard to find a color match for my yellowy light-medium complexion as well. I'm surprised I actually fell in love with this foundation! I need medium-full coverage without it feeling and looking caked on. This is just a light-medium coverage for me and it can be oily looking if used without a setting powder. I use silica powder to set it and it looks great. It makes my skin look nice and even (fresh) and It lasts me longer than maybelline superstay foundation (which breaks off after 4hrs and gave me cystic acne, along with revlon colorstay). This one lasts all day for me!!! Also the color Sand is perfect! The only con is there aren't many dark shades at all for the darker girls. I'm medium-light and I had to use the second darkest shade! So far my acne has stayed the same but I noticed they come to a "head" quicker. Finally a foundation that hasn't made my acne worse! Thats all i care about. I have my palladio wet/dry and concealor if i need to touch up and have full coverage :)

on 11/8/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It seems that lately, all my reviews that I have been contributing to this site are all really negative! I can't help the fact that almost every single product I have tried is not performing to the standards I like. Same goes for this product. I have acne prone oily skin and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. After reading the reviews, I thought that this would be my best bet. Unfortunately, it is strikingly similar to Neutrogena's blemish clearing foundation, like almost identical. It smells the same, blends the same and performs the same-like crap. I don't like the coverage it gives me and it seems to accentuate all the imperfections my face has. I have tried a lot of high end products and if it wasn't for the extreme costs, I would definately splurge on some high end foundation that performs well. I think foundation is probably the only thing that is worth buying in a department store. If only I had the money...anyways, yes to me this foundation doesn't control oil, doesn't heal my breakouts, looks terrible and blotchy. Won't buy this again. Ever.

on 11/8/2010 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

When I initially purchased this I was prepared to find it leaving me very dry and with a tight feeling, as I expected from a blemish-clearing product. I was half-expecting to only wear this when my skin was really playing up, but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised! It is a good, natural medium coverage, it feels light and almost weightless on the skin, and glides on so well. No flakiness or dry patches, and it even stays put relatively well throughout the day (on my slippery skin), it lasts me almost my whole 8 hour work day, though I do set with a light powder.
I bought it in Naked, the lightest shade I had available and its a good match, quite neutral and not too pink.
It hasn't broken me out, it covers red marks and blemishes quite well, and it feels good to know that hopefully it is helping my skin stay clear at the same time as looking pretty good!
I would repurchase!

on 11/5/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use Cover Girl concealer as a foundation until they discontinued the product, and now I use this foundation to cover all of my acne scars. I was hoping that it would prevent me from breaking out like I do, but in the first week, I broke out worse than before. I gave it time, but it still seems to be giving me new zits. I can't feel it on my face and it spreads pretty evenly, but after an hour of having it on, my face looks oily. It's light coverage so I have to use a lot of it to cover discoloration and pimples. I'm going to try Almay's other foundations that do not have salycic acid in it because I'm assuming that is what is making me break out worse.

on 10/26/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for a few years now. It was one of the first liquid foundations I ever used and I have been repurchasing ever since. This is a great foundation for people with oily skin because you don't have to worry that it will break you out because it is formulated for acne prone skin. It does not leave the skin feeling sticky or heavy. It feels very light and natural on while giving medium coverage. I still get oily after about 4 hours but that can be fixed with another light application of blotting powder, or a blot sheet. The only thing that I do not like is that it does not come with a pump, but that is a minor problem, and I will continue to buy this foundation. I have recommended this foundation to some of my friends and they also like it.

on 10/24/2010 9:48:00 PM

It does not make me feel like I'm wearing makeup AT ALL!!!!

I have oily nose and dry cheeks, and sometimes after I put on foundation (liquid and powder types) the area around my mouth gets nasty patches and does not make my skin look silky or smooth. But this one sure does the job well!!!!

I got it at Shoppers' with my mom's credits so the price is alright for me.

The color range is awesome too! I hesitated between Natural, Nude, Honey and Buff, in the end I chose Natural because its natural ;)

on 10/24/2010 12:36:00 PM

- First, I would like to state: I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.

- The shade "buff" is a perfect match for me. Though I was planning to buy "ivory", my local CVS did not supply that shade. Fortunately, the shade was a perfect match for me. "Buff" has a bit of yellow tone but not in a disgusting way. It blends to my skin and doesn't oxidize into orange. The shade is perfect.

- I have normal/combination skin and only get a bit oily on my T-zone and chin during the day. Products with salic acid tends to dry out my skin and feel like it's tightening, but this one doesn't. I personally think this foundation is good for any type of skin unless it's EXTEMELY dry. This foundation is not moisturizing, it's smooth when you apply it but it feels weightless. I haven't broken out at all since I've used this.

- It's medium(-full) coverage. I can't really tell because it looks amazingly natural. It covers my redness and conceals my blemishes so well. My skin looks smooth and creamy and I've gotten so many compliments ever since. It doesn't look like I'm wearing any make-up at all, it looks so natural! The coverage and finish is perfect.

- The packaging is a bit of a problem for me. It gets messy and I am very paranoid about germs getting in. I am totally okay with that since the product itself is amazing. You can buy those pumps from beauty supply stores for about a dollar. The packaging is not that good.

- The price is very reasonable for the product.

- This is my favourite foundation so far and I will continue using this. I hope Almay doesn't discontinue this! I definitely recommend!!!

on 10/24/2010 1:36:00 AM

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations. It has alright coverage, ans dosent break me out. Ive tried quite a few foundations, and this is very blendable. It matches my skin nicley, and covers red quite well. I would definitly repurchase! Although it would be amayzing with a pump (it can get kinda messy) I love this product!