July 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by amski09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation for the idea that it contains salicylic acid in it, and the other ingredients don't clog my pores. The coverage is about medium, and it blends well. The finish is more of a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. My 2 gripes about this foundation are1. it doesn't have a pump and 2. the color choice is limited. It seems like the colors are kind of ashy...perfect for anyone with really light skin. I have a little bit of a fake tan going on right now, and sand seems a tad too light. I might buy the next darkest shade up and try mixing the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Princ3ssVane

So as far as I can tell with the reviews on this foundation, it seems that many people like it. I'm going to have to completely disagree with the good reviews because I HATED this foundation. The first thing I don't like about it is the price. I live in Canada so this product retails at about $15.99 which is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. Also the colour was waaay off. I bought the lightest one and it turned my skin orange like it was ridiculous and the coverage was awful. So i'm going to have to say that I will never buy this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by DarlingForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I've experimented with many, and I mean MANY brands of liquid foundation in hopes of receiving a flawless, non-cakey, or oily finish and this is probably the best product yet. I got the shade Neutral 220 & I have never found a shade so close to my skin color(: and let me mention that for my acne-prone and combination skin it has not broken me out one bit. One thing I do dislike about this product is the packaging, I would definitely prefer a pump. But in the end I officially left my Natural FX foundation for Almay's CCM and I am paying less than half the price for it. :)<3

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chaotiicxcutiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure about this product...I've been looking for my HG foundation, but I'm pretty sure that I've broken out from this. I had acne prone skin during my teenage years, but now that I'm a little older it takes a lot for me to break out and for whatever reason my skin went crazy a week after using this consistently. Therefore, I have stopped using this and have fallen back on Neutragena skin clearing makeup, although I'm still looking for my HG I'm pretty sure this is not it. As others have stated, the opening is very large so a lot comes out at once. A bit pricey for a drug store foundation, especially one I probably won't be using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by denverteacher2010

My HG foundation for years! Makes my skin look better after I wear it! Feels great on my face! Never breaks me out! Also does not dry my dry spots on my skin out! Great price at the drugstore! I find it at Walgreens, Walmart, or Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty ho-hum. Nothing fantastic here. Didn't help my blemishes at all, didn't make them worse though, which is good. I know my skin hates salicyclic acid, so I only used this a few times... This has hardly any coverage, which is weird because if you're using it to heal acne, you usually want it to hide what you do have in the process... It wasn't buildable either... It looked the same no matter how much you put on, which I guess is kind of good... It didn't look cakey, lol. If you're looking for coverage, look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use Almay foundation on daily basis, but after I use up all my Almay foundation I wont be repurchasing, especially this one. I purchased this in the shade Naked (I'm an NC30 in MAC).
Overall the colour selection is quiet poor. It is a light coverage, and I dont believe this foundation is buildable, it will look cakey if you do build it up. It was not very durable, so after about 3 hours it will start to fade.
However I will say that after you applied it on, it will give just a nice light, natural and even finish, even the though the shade it slightly off.
I hate the packaging, just a plain bottle with no pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG! HG! HG!

....My little children, I swear I will NEVER love another liquid foundation as I have this one.

After experimenting around with several different brands, even Revlon's infamous "ColorStay", I totally lost all hope within the realms of the cosmetic industry. I was on the look out for a cheap, heavy coverage yet oil free foundation, especially one that's company didn't test on animals.

Almay's Clear Complexion did all of the above and *MORE*. Since I've been using this, alongside Milk of Magnesia as a primer, I haven't had acne in a long time.

While the decrease of pimples may be in result of my Milk of Magnesia primer, I know that Almay guarantees for this to cut down acne as well....so maybe the two combined is why my friends are so envious. ;)

Other than reducing my acne, some of my old acne scars have even faded. It's not a dramatic change, but I notice a slight difference. My blemishes don't look as blotchy as they did before either.

Plus the lasting power is amazing. Even without a real primer or my Milk of Magnesia, my face still looks flawless for 7+ hours after I slather some of this across my skin.

The only two cons I can think of for this foundation is that they don't create a lot of darker shades. It seems like Almay's whole beauty line is intended for pale looking Caucasian women like myself. Such a shame.

The other con is the price. Though I prefer the use of heavy coverage foundations, personally for me, I don't need very much coverage. All I need to do is hide my rosy tinted cheeks and my already-mentioned scarring. I blend into my hairline as well, though really it isn't required. Not to mention I don't wear foundation every day. So even though I bought my Almay bottle two months ago, I still have a ton left.

For people who use more than I do, this 1 ounce bottle could be a problem. Especially for something so measly to weigh in at $11.99. The point I'm trying to make here is that 1 ounce probably won't be enough for most people. Especially if you need to use foundation for a heavy coverage on a daily basis.

But with that aside, thanks to PETA.org and Google, I FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i started using this foundation about a month ago, because the neutrogena one looked a little orange, it was good but was orange and its sad to say im extremly pale. lol
this foundation is a little lighter, and it hasent broken me out, (knock on wood) lol
but i am thinking about trying EVERYDAY MINERALS because it has better skin tone colors, will write about that product once i get it and try it out for a month.
for now this will do the job it covers well and the power along with it is good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by barbyng

Have been using this for a few years and it's great! Refusing to pay through the nose for make-up, I ditched the Lancome for this and it was a good move. Light but with good coverage and Buff works for me. Notice a difference when on the odd occassion, I do use the Lancome Teint Idole original - I'm much less oily with Almay and it stays on longer! Why throw your money away on inferior, pricier products? Doesn't make me break out, but not sure if it helps keep the acne at bay either. Good, matte coverage when combined with Clear Complexion pressed powder. Don't understand what people's issue is with the lack of a pump - just put your finger over the top and invert the bottle! The right amount is deposited on your finger, it doesn't run - what's the problem? This is a keeper!