October 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid foundation I've found for my acne-prone skin. Leaving it alone without foundation doesn't make a difference on me, so why not try to even things out? I get decent coverage, my skin doesn't get oily as quickly (still need powder every so often), and I have noticed a slight improvement in my skin. I still get monthly break-outs like I always have, but there is some overall improvement. I certainly don't break out any more than I used to.

It's also the closest match to my skin color that I can find in the drugstore (I'm a grad student; I don't have the budget for high-end). The coverage isn't as good as other foundations I've tried, but this is also the only liquid foundation I've tried that doesn't make me break out. I'll take fewer break-outs over solid coverage any day; after all, foundation can do its job better with a cleaner canvas. This does a really good job of neutralizing my acne scars, too. I just wish they had more cool-toned options.

I really hate the packaging though! I wish it had a pump instead of just the lid. It gets really messy, really quickly, and the bottle always gives me more product than I actually need. Make sure you keep the bottle upright if you buy this!

This is the only liquid foundation I would use on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by soangelala

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I have been looking forever for a foundation that does not make me look greasy as I have oily skin. This foundation blends well, is light offers light to medium coverage and leaves my skin looking naturally matt - not the super cakey foundation type of matt. The packaging is pretty but I would really prefer a pump to control the amount of product I dispense. I use this foundation with a sponge and it works great; there's no streaking. I have also found it to be long wearing and transfer resistant. My acne prone skin did not break out from it but I do not think it does much to clear my skin. I mean in general products that claim to heal and conceal have less than 1percent of acne fighting ingredients so they really don't do much. Since the coverage is light to medium I highly recommend using the light blue capped undereye concealer from Almay on acne spots and other blemishes on your face instead of using Almays clear complexion concealer. The undereye one offers just as much coverage but blends much more easily and does not feel cakey like the clear complexion concealer. It works beautifully injunction with the foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing this product as it is the best foundation I have used so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely light coverage and it really does heal blemishes! I usually stay away from liquid foundations as they generally make my face greasy and break me out. This is definitely my HG for when I have the odd blemishes. I use a stippling brush and stipple it onto my skin and it gives me an airbrush finish. I also set it with translucent powder to prolong the staying power. It provides a light coverage but is definitely buildable and I don't even need to apply concealer when I use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by amski09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation for the idea that it contains salicylic acid in it, and the other ingredients don't clog my pores. The coverage is about medium, and it blends well. The finish is more of a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. My 2 gripes about this foundation are1. it doesn't have a pump and 2. the color choice is limited. It seems like the colors are kind of ashy...perfect for anyone with really light skin. I have a little bit of a fake tan going on right now, and sand seems a tad too light. I might buy the next darkest shade up and try mixing the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Princ3ssVane

So as far as I can tell with the reviews on this foundation, it seems that many people like it. I'm going to have to completely disagree with the good reviews because I HATED this foundation. The first thing I don't like about it is the price. I live in Canada so this product retails at about $15.99 which is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. Also the colour was waaay off. I bought the lightest one and it turned my skin orange like it was ridiculous and the coverage was awful. So i'm going to have to say that I will never buy this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by DarlingForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I've experimented with many, and I mean MANY brands of liquid foundation in hopes of receiving a flawless, non-cakey, or oily finish and this is probably the best product yet. I got the shade Neutral 220 & I have never found a shade so close to my skin color(: and let me mention that for my acne-prone and combination skin it has not broken me out one bit. One thing I do dislike about this product is the packaging, I would definitely prefer a pump. But in the end I officially left my Natural FX foundation for Almay's CCM and I am paying less than half the price for it. :)<3

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chaotiicxcutiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure about this product...I've been looking for my HG foundation, but I'm pretty sure that I've broken out from this. I had acne prone skin during my teenage years, but now that I'm a little older it takes a lot for me to break out and for whatever reason my skin went crazy a week after using this consistently. Therefore, I have stopped using this and have fallen back on Neutragena skin clearing makeup, although I'm still looking for my HG I'm pretty sure this is not it. As others have stated, the opening is very large so a lot comes out at once. A bit pricey for a drug store foundation, especially one I probably won't be using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by denverteacher2010

My HG foundation for years! Makes my skin look better after I wear it! Feels great on my face! Never breaks me out! Also does not dry my dry spots on my skin out! Great price at the drugstore! I find it at Walgreens, Walmart, or Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty ho-hum. Nothing fantastic here. Didn't help my blemishes at all, didn't make them worse though, which is good. I know my skin hates salicyclic acid, so I only used this a few times... This has hardly any coverage, which is weird because if you're using it to heal acne, you usually want it to hide what you do have in the process... It wasn't buildable either... It looked the same no matter how much you put on, which I guess is kind of good... It didn't look cakey, lol. If you're looking for coverage, look elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use Almay foundation on daily basis, but after I use up all my Almay foundation I wont be repurchasing, especially this one. I purchased this in the shade Naked (I'm an NC30 in MAC).
Overall the colour selection is quiet poor. It is a light coverage, and I dont believe this foundation is buildable, it will look cakey if you do build it up. It was not very durable, so after about 3 hours it will start to fade.
However I will say that after you applied it on, it will give just a nice light, natural and even finish, even the though the shade it slightly off.
I hate the packaging, just a plain bottle with no pump.