December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Mittengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent drugstore brand foundation. Keep in mind that less is definitely more...it can look a tad bit chalky & a little bit ghosty if applied with a heavy hand but the coverage is awesome. A little goes a long way! The glass bottle does not bother me. I kind of like it though it is a bit old- fashioned. Many have complained about the bottle not having a pump. I don't mind pouring it out....Besides, I would rather pour the foundation out of a glass bottle than have it in plastic, etc...
I chose the "Buff" shade for my fair skin. It is definitely "yellow" toned but completely in the right way. It just disappears into my skin and does not oxidize into pink or orange by the end of the day. It just looks flawless. I used to spend a fortune on both department store brands & Dr. Hauschka but no more...Definitely will be buying another bottle when mine runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My friend recommended this, but I think it works better on oily skin and not if you just break out once in a while. The color was good, but it seemed to really irritate my skin and cause more breakouts than it helped. I usually love Almay products, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ceelineaangela

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It honestly is one of the only foundations that covers my acne fairly well and DOESN'T break me out! All of the products I've used from Almay have always worked great for me. I like the color selection. The price is a bit high for drug store (about $11 Canadian), but I will keep buying it. It's nice that it has salicylic acid in it, but not a hgih amount. It is a medium coverage foundation. I wish the bottle was a pump, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by dunibuni

This foundation is the only foundation that doesn't break me out and so far it's been great. I've used other ones, including Revlon and Mac, but they all irritated my skin or broke me out horribly. It has medium coverage and it looks very natural on my skin; doesn't look cakey or "fake". I used to apply it with a wet sponge, but now I just warm it between my fingers and apply it directly, which works the best for me. I don't get as oily throughout the day, and it seems to be long-lasting. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by rollieismysunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far this is the best foundation iv tried!! i have oily skin which is deals with pretty well. I only have to blot a couple of times i day. Coverage i would say is medium but a little to the full side. I have alot of pigmentation and it hides them very well. Its very natural looking, not heavy at all and blends beautifully. I found it worked best with just a simple oil-free moisturiser underneath. Whenever i used a primer i tended to get more oily. Maybe it was the primer, either way I love it! nearly finished my second bottle already!!

Careful when pouring it onto your hand, can end up wasting alot of product coz the bottle opening is so big.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid foundation I've found for my acne-prone skin. Leaving it alone without foundation doesn't make a difference on me, so why not try to even things out? I get decent coverage, my skin doesn't get oily as quickly (still need powder every so often), and I have noticed a slight improvement in my skin. I still get monthly break-outs like I always have, but there is some overall improvement. I certainly don't break out any more than I used to.

It's also the closest match to my skin color that I can find in the drugstore (I'm a grad student; I don't have the budget for high-end). The coverage isn't as good as other foundations I've tried, but this is also the only liquid foundation I've tried that doesn't make me break out. I'll take fewer break-outs over solid coverage any day; after all, foundation can do its job better with a cleaner canvas. This does a really good job of neutralizing my acne scars, too. I just wish they had more cool-toned options.

I really hate the packaging though! I wish it had a pump instead of just the lid. It gets really messy, really quickly, and the bottle always gives me more product than I actually need. Make sure you keep the bottle upright if you buy this!

This is the only liquid foundation I would use on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by soangelala

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I have been looking forever for a foundation that does not make me look greasy as I have oily skin. This foundation blends well, is light offers light to medium coverage and leaves my skin looking naturally matt - not the super cakey foundation type of matt. The packaging is pretty but I would really prefer a pump to control the amount of product I dispense. I use this foundation with a sponge and it works great; there's no streaking. I have also found it to be long wearing and transfer resistant. My acne prone skin did not break out from it but I do not think it does much to clear my skin. I mean in general products that claim to heal and conceal have less than 1percent of acne fighting ingredients so they really don't do much. Since the coverage is light to medium I highly recommend using the light blue capped undereye concealer from Almay on acne spots and other blemishes on your face instead of using Almays clear complexion concealer. The undereye one offers just as much coverage but blends much more easily and does not feel cakey like the clear complexion concealer. It works beautifully injunction with the foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing this product as it is the best foundation I have used so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely light coverage and it really does heal blemishes! I usually stay away from liquid foundations as they generally make my face greasy and break me out. This is definitely my HG for when I have the odd blemishes. I use a stippling brush and stipple it onto my skin and it gives me an airbrush finish. I also set it with translucent powder to prolong the staying power. It provides a light coverage but is definitely buildable and I don't even need to apply concealer when I use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by amski09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation for the idea that it contains salicylic acid in it, and the other ingredients don't clog my pores. The coverage is about medium, and it blends well. The finish is more of a matte finish which is great for my oily skin. My 2 gripes about this foundation are1. it doesn't have a pump and 2. the color choice is limited. It seems like the colors are kind of ashy...perfect for anyone with really light skin. I have a little bit of a fake tan going on right now, and sand seems a tad too light. I might buy the next darkest shade up and try mixing the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Princ3ssVane

So as far as I can tell with the reviews on this foundation, it seems that many people like it. I'm going to have to completely disagree with the good reviews because I HATED this foundation. The first thing I don't like about it is the price. I live in Canada so this product retails at about $15.99 which is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. Also the colour was waaay off. I bought the lightest one and it turned my skin orange like it was ridiculous and the coverage was awful. So i'm going to have to say that I will never buy this product again