April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by elizabethanne97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it! Great mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. It lengthens my lashes, it gets my bottom lashes easily, and though only a bit pricey, it's not too much from what I've seen from more high-brand makeup lines. It does its job. It doesn't give a whole lot of volume, and the wand could be designed much better for something "high impact", but the lengthening makes it worth it. I won't give it a 5, though; There are drugstore mascaras out there that can do this for you and even do it better without costing this much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by estheticiangirl

Best mascara I have ever used. I have had countless affairs with other mascaras be it high end or drug store brands and I always end up re kindling my romance with high impact. Long, strong, voluminous sexy lashes and absolutely no eye irritation! I love Clinique for its non irritating eye products, I mean who doesn't have a somewhat sensitive eye area? This is my HG mascara for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I've had this mascara for about 2 weeks and have been enjoying it. That being said, this is a very average mascara and it doesn't really do anything special. It doesn't really lengthen, thicken, separate or curl amazingly but it does get the job done. This is more of a wet formula mascara and the brush is your average fibre mascara brush. I do lean towards this mascara when choosing in the morning though because it does so a bit of everything. Nothing amazing that I would use for a night look but it is a perfect daytime mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have yet to find a mascara by Clinique that I like, and this one is no exception. It's just so...AVERAGE. I don't know where the name "High Impact" comes from, as this is not a dramatic, false lash look mascara. The good news is it isn't clumpy, and it does give a natural look if that is what you are after. I prefer a more false lash look, and would not repurchase this medicocre mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by namida23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a sample gift with purchase so I cannot comment on whether I would buy this product again. I do think there are drugstore mascaras that perform just as well if not sometimes better than high end products though at a fraction of the price so I have reserved feelings about high end mascaras in general.

I have fairly long natural lashes for an Asian girl, though they are a little sparse. This product is quite good. The brush was round and easy to use though I found it difficult to get to the very end of the lash line - could just be my own eye shape though. The product tended to gather at the end of the brush which sometimes created clumps, but were easily fixable with a few extra strokes.

I find the result not very different to what drugstore mascaras are capable of and I think this is to do with my application technique rather than the formula per se. Though I could be completely wrong about that, there have been products that are absolute disasters to work with and Clinique's High Impact Mascara is not one of them. My lashes look longer and fully whilst still being natural - not sure where the name 'High Impact' comes from as I would have expected dramatic falsies-like lashes but definitely a mascara that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by dani215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara. For reference, my lashes are black, thick, and moderately long. The color is extremely black. In general, it gives more volume than length, but the best thing about it is that you can add coat after coat to build up length and it never clumps. I can end up with very dramatic, yet natural looking mascara that never looks clumpy or spidery no matter how many coats I use. My lashes always look soft and never stiff with this mascara. It also doesn't flake, which as a contact wearer, is very important. It will smudge if you touch your eyes, but what non-waterproof mascara won't? The only downside is the price, at about $14 per tube. But if you buy other Clinique products, it's frequently included as a GWP. I find the GWP sizes last just as long as the full-size tubes anyway. Also, enough people get the GWP size that it's never hard to find in swap or on Ebay for a price comparable to drugstore mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that this doesn't have better reviews, I think that this mascara is amazing. It both thickens and lengthens my lashes in a dramatic but natural way and the best thing about it is that even after a long day at work I never find any horrible flakes under my eyes. It also washes off really easily and I feel that it is pretty kind and gentle to my lashes and eyes. Clinique have just released a new shade called 'Brightening Black' which I think might be LE -I tried it recently and it's great, I would very much recommend it. It's actually an extremely dark blue shade that looks nearly black and works very well at making my eyes seem whiter and brighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

What I love about this mascara is that no matter how many coats you apply this baby won't clump your lashes at all. It's pretty average and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this (AUD$38).

It doesn't do much and I should've listened to most of the reviews here on MUA. It will lengthen your lashes and add only a little volume but it does nothing else. I would say it has an average formula/texture because it's not TOO thin that it'll run off my lashes but it isn't thick enough to give me that desired umph.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by eternalxluvv

I got this in a kit when I bought a clinique bronzer + lip gloss and I came to super love this mascara! I love the way it volumizes my lashes.