September 20, 2014 | 968 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kittykawaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite mascara, and I have tried quite a few! I have relatively average eyelashes and this makes them look really naturally thick and long. I wear this to work every day and this mascara is long-lasting (so no little bits under your eyes ever!) yet so easy to wash off at the end of the day. If I'm only wearing the mascara, I don't even need to use makeup remover on my eyes because it just washes off with water.

The brush also seems to be why this mascara works so well. It really picks up every lash without making them clump and it easy to manoeuvre around your lashes. A recent positive thing I also have to say about this mascara is that it works great with brush on lash extensions.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really disappointed with this mascara. I am quite fussy with mascaras as I like them to look dramatic, like I have false lashes. HOWEVER, my Mum tried this as a sample and she only likes natural makeup, and wasn't fussed either. The formula is really wet, causing smudges, and the brush just doesn't work with my lashes. I have long straight lashes, so I need a mascara that makes them more voluminous, and this simply doesn't do the job. All it does is darken my lashes. I tried using this with a disposable brush, and surprisingly got it to work a little bit more, so perhaps it's the brush? Either way, it didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by xtinkx

I'm writing a review for this and I have only had this product for a few days. I got this as a free gift from Clinique with some special they were running and I LOVE this mascara! The reviewers are right it doesn't seem to last all day and it doesn't curl very well, but I don't care. When I put this on it was like a 98% difference in color and volume. Usually mascaras lightly coat my long already heavy lashes and they look the same. Deff not this one, I will probably buy this once I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara just doesn't work for me. It's a very wet formula, which doesn't seem to dry...this is the only mascara I've ever used where I actually have issues with transfer to my under eye area. Besides to transfer issue, it just makes my lashes look mediocre. There are so many better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I must say that this is one of the best mascaras I have tried and I will keep buying it until I find something better.
The pros:
It does make your lashes look thicker, longer and look like if you had fake lashes on.
Really intense black colour
Easy to apply and works in a couple of brushes
Beat looking lashes from all mascaras I have tried
Cons:
It sheds after a few hours
It doesn't hold the curl for long hours although the time it stays put is acceptable

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Great formula. It separated my lashes and made them look longer, it's buildable and the bush is perfect. However, this really smudges! I have big black smudges from every single eyelash under my eyebrow. Raccoon eyes is a deal breaker for me, won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ihartchanel

this is my first clinique mascara, and i was really excited to try it out, but it turned out to be kind of a dud. the formula was on the wet side, so it took about three coats to have a decent effect. it also didnt give me much volume, it just defined my lashes and lengthened them a bit. by the end of the day, i have a noticeable case of raccoon eyes (which has never happened before for me) and a bit of flaking, . the only reason i gave this a three was because the brush separated my lashes well and the formula gave me a nice eye-opening curl without an eyelash curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zebrapower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mascara itself applied very smoothly, with literally zero clumps. I even let it dry and added a second coat, and still no clumps. The packaging is gorgeous, a sparkly dark green that I've never seen on a mascara tube before. The brush is the perfect size, it's a brushy brush type that's not too big and not too small. The one thing that makes me REALLY sad about this mascara is that it doesn't hold a curl at all. The first day I purchased this, I tried it on and stuck it right back into the box to return it as it made my Asian lashes go pin straight. However, I gave it another shot a few days later and found that the formula had dried a little and was holding the curl SLIGHTLY better. In other words, the curl will definitely droop a bit. If it weren't for this, High Impact could very well be my HG. This mascara would be perfect for someone with naturally curly lashes, but those of us with straight lashes should save their money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissPinkHeroine

I bought this mascara a month ago after my mum was telling me how good it is. So with a lot of excitement I went to the Clinique counter in my local Boots and got it in Black. It is the worst mascara I've ever used. It sort of stamp off on my upper and lower eyelids. I hate it. My mum has got this in Black,Brown and maybe that made a difference. I'll use it up but will never buy again and it's definately not worth price of 16.00.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I found this mascara flaky and a bit clumpy. Opposite to other reviewers, I actaully think the formula is too dry, not wet!
The strange thing is, this mascara can't hold a curl on my lashes at all! I'm saying strange, because most other mascaras I've tried do that quite well on my lashes. With this one, my lashes were poker straight after about half an hour, even though I'd curled them properly.
I also didn't think it volumised a great deal, and I didn't find it very lengthening. I also found it hard to use the massive brush to coat my lashes evenly.
Thumbs down from me.

EDIT: I did find one redeeming feature of this mascara, as I once accidentally popped into the shower with it on, which is: this comes off so so easily just with water! And doesn't leave smudged mascara under your eyes or anything.