July 31, 2014 | 1499 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go to everyday mascara. The thing I love most about it is that is the first mascara that does not irritate my sensitive eyes! It gives nice volume to my lashes which is what I look for most in a mascara since my lashes are somewhat long and have a natural curl. I also love that a tube lasts longer than average before drying out so I can definitely justify paying a little more than the typical drugstore mascara which dries out a couple weeks after opening. I have repurchased at least five times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by abipk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this mascara for years, starting out with the samples my mum would get from the gift with purchase and as I got older eventually breaking down and buying the full size. I absolutely love this mascara, but I recently decided to branch out and see if I could find one that I love equally for a lower price.
I have light brown/blond lashes and the mascara really makes them defined, longer, and you can build it up to make it clumpy if you like.
The formula isn't watery, and lasts me a long time.
Overall a great mascara! If I don't find a lower priced mascara I like, I'm definitely going back to Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

Not cheap but totally worth it! Best mascara I've ever used and the packaging is such a gorgeous deep sparkly green-black. It's just the right balance between defining and clumpy which is how I like it. I tend to put it on then let it dry and reapply for maximum impact.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by MarleyP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this mascara is a great little all rounder. It is smooth and doesn't clump your lashes, however it also doesn't do so much for lengthening or adding any volume. It pretty much looks as if you have had your eyelashes tinted. It is better if you apply e mascara and then curl your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by dutchgirlincanada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara when I first put it on. It really seems to "pull" my lashes and make them look longer and thicker. The black is very black and shiny and just really beautiful. It is one of the few mascaras that make my lashes so thick and really enhances my eyes. BUT at first, I find the mascara stays wet longer than most mascaras so I end up with mascara over my eyes. Then, after 3-4 weeks of use, the mascara in the tube starts to dry up and it starts to make my lashes look clumpy, the mascara starts to flake during the day, and sometimes my lashes clump together. Then I discovered Revlon Grow Luscious mascara, it makes my lashes thick, long, soft and the mascara doesn't dry out in the tube as quickly as with Clinique's....plus it half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't exactly call this "high impact," despite the name. After several coats, my lashes were only slightly more noticeable. I couldn't get it to build. However, the product does have some redeeming features (I don't want to completely rip on it). Like it's extremely black, doesn't flake, and may be more appropriate for a teen starting out with makeup, someone who has a lot of lashes, or someone who wants a conservative everyday look for work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did not work for me. I have thin, long lashes and this made them clump like crazy. Wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't have much experience with Clinique's eye makeup products, nor do I have the slightest interest to delve into trying them out more (I'm more of a MAC, UD, and WNW kinda girl), so who knew that I would absolutely fall in LOVE with a mascara that I got in mini size in a GWP at a Clinique counter, and it soon becomes my ultimate HG, and then.....I never even buy it???? Lol what's wrong with me? I don't buy mascara that often, and when I do, it's to repurchase one of my other drugstore holy grails. I don't like to have more than 5 mascaras at one time. I have some minis from some higher end brands like Urban Decay and Tarte, but none that have impressed me, or wowed me enough to spend 20+ dollars on something that I would just throw out in four months.
Then THIS came along....I can honestly say that this surprise gem FAR surpasses any other mascara I've tried. It's the deepest, glossiest black, with somewhat of a wet formula, but not too wet (my long lashes seem to HATE wet mascaras). This DID not, WOULD not clump whatsoever (which is why it's many steps above my HG L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, which I love, but it can get clumpy at times). The Clinique HI didn't make my lashes feel brittle, but actually made them feel softer (I tested it once I removed it). It also holds a curl VERY well, and didn't smudge on me. I wear glasses sometimes, and most mascaras, no matter what, seem to leave at least a couple black flakies under my eyes throughout the day, but this one didn't. It is really more of a lengthening mascara, but still gives amazing, full definition and clean separation. It didn't give me the dreaded 'spider-lash' effect, it just made my lashes look long, full and lush. I highly recommend this product, and the price ($15 USD) really isn't bad at all. I will definitely be picking this up again the next time I'm at Macy's! I just can't believe I didn't purchase it sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best blackest mascara ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyelashes are longish but not too thick, and this mascara makes them to die for. It thickens and adds crazy volume, wears well, and removes easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

I really don't like it, It's like all my lashes stick together ..