Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 6/20/2008 5:02:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below.I bought this cleanser/makeup remover almost a year ago and i still have yet to finish it.I find that it dries out my skin after i wash with it and makes it too squeaky clean.I now use it to clean my brushes instead.Its pretty much like an ordinary facial foam,only more expensive and strips the oils on your face.Not recommended.:-(

on 5/28/2008 9:57:00 PM

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser is a mainstay of their Bonus gift selections. I am glad that this is the case because I would never buy a full size of this product! I only keep this for travel purposes only!
This is supposed to be a makeup remover but somehow it seems to be a very harsh cleanser instead. After foaming up, lathering my face and rinsing, my hands seem sticky and my face feels tight and not that particularly clean! I still have mascara residue believe it or not! I use a small amount because this stuff foams like crazy. Nah, I will stick to my tried and true DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and DHC Mild Soap, thank you! Maybe I will give the tube away as a freebie in the ladies wash room next time!

I received this cleanser as a GWP (after buying my supermoisture foundation which I can't say enough good things about). I usually really trust Clinique to be very gentle on my dry skin but this was just too harsh. I have no doubts that it removed all traces of the makeup on my skin because my face feels so dry after using it it's almost painful, I cringe to even imagine following it with another cleanser.

Clinique makes a foam version of this cleanser which is supposed to be much gentler but I haven't tried it yet.

My other huge concern: I was really hoping that it would do well on removing my eye makeup (which I don't think I recommend considering how drying it is) but it didn't do very well on that it all - left tons of mascara all over my eyes (and it wasn't even the waterproof mascara). My HG makeup remover is still the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - it removes all traces of makeup, including absolutely all eye makeup, and leaves my skin feeling great, I highly recommend it over this drying Clinique cleanser.

The pro - this is the reason for 2 lippies instead of 1. If this cleanser does suit your skin, a tiny bit goes a long way. Just about a dollop the size of 1/2 a pea will lather up to cleanse your whole face, this stuff will last you forever.

on 4/15/2008 3:00:00 PM

I received a sample of this in a GWP and decided to give it a try for my combination-oily, sensitive skin. The first thing I noticed that when i rinsed it off, my skin squeeked - literally!
Then, a couple of days after I started using it, the skin on the end of my nose and on my upper lip became very rough and dry. I discontinued it for a few days, during which the problem went away, then tried it again - and sure enough, my nose and upper lip again became dry, flaky and bumpy.
Whatever is in this cleanser is not meant for sensitive skin!

on 4/12/2008 12:03:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3 weeks after getting it as a GWP, and I really like it. I don't follow it with any other cleanser as some reviewers have mentioned. It isn't that drying to my dry skin on its own, but I think following it with another cleanser would probably be a horrible disaster. I do have to use moisturizer afterwards, but I have to do that with everything else anyway.

on 4/12/2008 10:21:00 AM

This was a GWP. I used this as a cleanser (rather than a make-up remover according to the Clinique SA) and it foams and lather well. My face felt clean and wasn't tight.

on 4/6/2008 10:26:00 PM

While this is recommended for average/combination skin, I recieved this as a gift with purchase and decided to give it a try on my dry-ish skin. It was foamy, non-irritating, and not as drying as I expected it to be. My skin felt rather clean and comfy after using. What felt weird was following it up with the 3 step soap part, as recommeded by Clinique. Lathering up twice with anything is typically a recipe for disaster for me in the long run. And, upon closer inspection, I could still see makeup in the pores of my nose. Hmmm. Not the world's worst, but I think I'll stick with my Pond's cold cream before my Clinique 3-step.

on 4/3/2008 9:00:00 PM

I received a sample tube of this with a GWP. I have very sensitive skin from a horrible sunburn that put me in the hospital, so I am very careful about what I put on my face.

This stuff is heaven to my skin. No fragrance means no irritation. It removes my makeup very well, and leaves my skin feeling great. After using for a few weeks, I really noticed that my skin had smoothed out, and my makeup looked, and applied better.

A little goes a long way, and the travel sized tube I received is well over 1 1/2 months old, and isn't even half way used up.

I will purchase the full sized product once this runs out.

on 4/3/2008 8:43:00 PM

I have received a few GWP's of this, and used it off and on for a few years when I've run out of my face cleanser, or I'm traveling (convenient size). It works well, and I don't break out or get red (sensitive skin), but it is VERY drying and I have to use more moisturizer after, so I probably would not purchase this as it is too harsh for very sensitive or dry skin IMO.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well this is a great cleanser…. and it is cheaper than many other ones (like my HG Erno Laszlo!!).

1) comes in a convenient plastic tube
2) it is a pale lilac cream that, applied to your face lathers up with water in a mild creamy foam
3) mind you… just a TINY amount is needed! if you put too much it goes wasted. A tiny amount will do the (great) job!
4) it takes off carefully all the grease- dirt-makeup you may have on your face
5) its’ OK for combo/oily skin (not for dry as it tends to be a little ‘degreasing’)
6) you skin is so fresh & clean after foaming & clearing it with water
7) It is NOT intended to be an eye make up remover (this you need to do with a specific product on a cotton pad!!!) so do not rub the foam into your eyes! it is a SKIN cleanser, not eye cleanser! This way it will not burn your eyes... :o)
8) I can only recommend it… a very good cleanser at a truly reasonable price!!!