February 28, 2015 | 2012 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it first came out and it made me develop rough red patches on my face. I do not have sensitive skin and I love using face scrubs (particularily ones of the Queen Helene variety) but there must be some ingredient in this that causes irritation in some people. I've used other Aveeno products without any problems and I really wanted to like this, but it wasn't meant to be...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by doristam

I have sensitive combo skin and I usually use Cetaphil. I gave Aveeno a chance and it really works. My face feels softer and brighter. I think the key to using this product for sensitive skin is to be gentle when you're massaging it into your skin. The first time I used it, I was unforgiving and wound up with a red and irritated face. The second time I eased up and the scrub worked nicely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this scrub to be pretty gentle. It was somewhat drying but all scrubs seem to dry me out. This one dries me out the least. I use it once in a while when I see and feel product build up on my face. It acts as a good cleaser and can even go over the eyes in the shower to remove makeup because it does have a gentle detergent base and doesn't leave residue or an oily film.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

So far, so good. I bought this to replace my Noxzema scrub which was wreaking havoc on my skin (breakouts, dry peely skin, etc) and I love it! The smell is divine just like with most of their other products, and the tiny scrubber things get the job done without irritating my skin. My only complaint is that it's pretty pricey for a face scrub ($7.99) and the tube is kinda small. But, it'll probably last me a while if I use it 2x/week, and there are always $1 off coupons in the newspaper for Aveeno products :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

HG face scrub. I can't say much more than already has been said - Nice fine granules that don't tear up your face (like St. Ive's). Moisturizing. I definitely notice a huge difference when I go w/o this scrub for a bit (in even tone, color..etc.).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by adn8

This product didn't seem to exfoliate my skin very much. i felt like it didn't make a difference on my skin, in terms of cleansing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 9:10:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this based on the reviews and what a great product! I have oily, sensitive skin, and this provides the perfect level of exfoliation. Smells great, and it really DOES brighten my complexion, which is more than I can say about other products I've tried that make the same claim but cost much more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2005 4:10:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this over a year ago and quit using it but I forgot why because it has been so long. I tried it on my chest and face once and about 7 hours later I developed a red rash all over my face with what seemed like a hundred tiny red bumps with white heads on them. *teeny tiny* I only got about 4 of those bumps on my chest but still I know it had to be from he scrub bc I got them on my face and chest & I used the scrub on my chest which I dont normally do. This is a good scrub for sensitive skin because the granuals are so small but for some reason this did not work with my skin chemistry. I really wanted to like this bc I have a full bottle and I have been wanting a glow like this stuff promises but Ill have to skip. I did find this a little drying for my oily/acne prone skin but only because I scrubbed hard. *these scrub beads feel so small u think u dont get any exfoliation but if you use very small circular motions u get an amazing exfoliating feeling and look* Would not repurchase and Now if I only knew what ingredient caused the rash and red bumps (?) any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I like this scrub a lot because the microbeads are very gentle and soothing...and leaves your skin refreshed and smooth. It also smells very good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Shrinking_Violet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this about two years ago. I have relatively dry skin but the little grainy consistency wasn't even abrasive enough to slough off the dry flakes and patches and I really didn't see a difference before or after when using this product. It was 'too' gentle. I would not rec' this for those who have dry skin as I find this doesn't exfoliate well enough, if any at all. =T