October 23, 2014 | 865 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by trema

Definitly a holy grail foundation for combination skin to oily skin. Fact is, I'm using it like for almost 12 hours and my combination skin(which is more to oily) is not become oily at all.

It feels so good on the skin.^^ Really!? Good coverage too.^^

Some people told that this product is kinda hard to blend, dry so quick, and for those who's has pores, this product will expose thos pores.
    Well, I have pores too. And I didn't see my pores exposed.*I kinda have technique for covering that

I'm blending it on my skin using Shiseido Foundation Brush, per section, with a quick round moves. After I applied it all over my face, I concentrate on my pores, I use a little more of it and start to dab and blend it with a forward and backward motion to hide the pores. And VOILA, magic happened!

I really love this product..^^ I can't believe I'm wearing make up now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by nadjohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product :) After having a discussion on the merits of this foundation with a friend, i decided to write a review on it. The short version:
    - very long lasting, even if rinsed with water, in hot weather, sweat..
    - doesn't clog pores (in my opinion anyway)
    - looks very natural but smooth
    - at first glance, it is an expensive product but since 1 bottle can last for a long time, it's not that expensive
    - comes in a glass bottle but no pump

I don't know how I survived all these years without it, lol. This foundation is truly amazing! I have very sensitive skin & have to be very careful with what I use... so far, this product has not caused any break outs on me, thankfully (I've used it for 13 months now). I only need to use a small amount & apply it using my fingers. It looks best if you put it on top of the Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator & Hydrationist Moisture Creme (skin looks super duper smooth! i had one of the EL beauty advisors do it on me when I bought my second bottle a couple of weeks ago). However, it's not a "must" - you can use it on top of whatever moisturizer you usually use. Instantly, it gives you a full coverage, giving you an even skin tone, hiding most of your imperfections (except large pores..those might still be seen but to a lesser degree). I don't even need a concealer when I use this, lol.

Yes, it is very long lasting - especially if you applied it directly to your skin (no moisturizer, etc). I once had a quick shower over lunchbreak and my ELDW was still in place when I was done, I was amazed! As i have combination-oily skin, I do touch up with a bit of pressed powder or blot on & off throughout the day to remove any shine, but if your skin is less oily, you don't need to do that at all. However, you must cleanse your face properly with a makeup remover at the end of the day. This thing doesn't come off with a simple wash, huhu...

I can't say if it's transferable or not.. i think if you wipe your face with something, yes, to a certain extent, it will cause a bit of brown tint to transfer but I don't normally see it on my clothing so it's cool. It doesn't run when the weather is hot or if you sweat. Actually, you could see beads of sweat forming on top of the foundation but the ELDW stays put, and looks perfectly fine. There's no fragrance, & it doesn't feel too heavy. In fact, once I put it on, I pretty much just forget about it ;)

I only need to use a small amount for the whole face & neck. I think if you put more, it will start to look a bit cakey. It looks very natural - most of my friends can't tell that i'm wearing foundation - it just makes the skin *look* rather flawless even when it's not, lol. I use it daily & yet, I still managed to make one bottle last for about a year! Maybe I use a very small amount, I dunno, but I'm happy with it ;) And considering that I don't have to buy as many pressed powders as before & only pay RM138 once a year, turns out that this product is not that expensive after all.

It comes in a clear glass bottle, so i have to turn it upside down to get the foundation out... I think I would have preferred if it had a little pump but i'll live ;)

I don't know what else I could tell you, except that this product is excellent. This is a MUST in my makeup purse! Thank you Estee Lauder, for such a great product :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

I really don't see what the big deal is about this foundation.
    Reviewers say this is the HG for oily skinned ladies...
    so i said LETS PUT THIS TO THE TEST. As you might know my
    skin is OILY. With a capital O...yes indeed. Almost nothing lasts on my
    skin.

Wooooow
    this stuff looks bad. It clings to any dryness with a passion, and looks so
    matte and unnatural in sunlight.
    Not to mention it didnt last any longer than any other foundation ive
    used. Revlon CS is just as good as this stuff.
    Also...eww this sinks into fine lines and makes me look old. ew :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by AlishaPlummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this and I feel like that is saying a lot!! I have used this product for over a year now. I am in the color fresco and it matches me really well. It stays on my face all day long!! This foundation is extremely long wearing and gives a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Clorissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying foundation after foundation for a long time. I had tried ELDW before but they kept trying to match me with truffle. It was just wrong. I don't know why but I decided to try again. This time I got matched with Rich Caramel and I do have to say that I am in love. I don't know if this is a new shade or not but it is the most perfect match for my skin color that I have ever found. I am oily and I powder this sometimes and sometimes I don't. It still performs better than any other foundation. I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to apply and it is flawless. I never find it cakey and I don't find it heavy at all. I don't even care about the pump. Sometimes I don't have to touch up at all during the day. But out of habit and being oily I look in the mirror at my desk and when I see how good it looks, I just think WOW. I don't even need my blot powder. Need I say more? Holy Grail!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by turtlebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my foundation for two years now and I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

What needs to be noted is that moisturizer is a MUST underneath EL DW foundation. I use EL Daywear, let it soak in for about 10 minutes (I usually do my hair during this time) and then apply the DW foundation with my fingertips (brush makes it entirely too thick on my face) and BLEND BLEND BLEND, section by section. Allow the foundation to "dry" for a few minutes and I set it with Clinique's loose powder. There is such a thing as "too much of a good thing" and that's very true with EL DW products, they should be used sparingly, not slathered on like cake frosting.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by fairbeauty16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this prodduct at all. It goes on extremely cakey and unnatural looking regardless of the different application methods I tried to apply it with. There are so many better foundations that don't make you look like a zombie that are significantly less money. Also, this product does not have a pump, which is always a turnoff for me when it comes to a foundation because of the sanitation issue that comes along with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Superb product! I've been using a Clinique foundation, which I stopped liking and which was discontinued, so I decided to switch to EL DW based on the reviews. I asked a sales assistant to pick a shade and she went with Fresco, which was spot on. She applied it, along with a little blush and lipstick, and a few minutes later I met a friend whom I hadn't seen in a few months and she was blown away by how "young" I looked (and no one has ever told me that before - even when I WAS young). Since then, I've applied it myself, with a foundation brush (also new for me), and - even with my total lack of application skills - it looks smooth and natural (and it covers and lasts as advertised). I'm also happy with the color (which I never would have chosen for myself so I'm glad I went into a store and didn't buy online). My only problem is the bottle/brush combo - I can't figure out how to actually get to the product with the brush - but I'll deal with it and probably keep using DW forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by amsimmons17

I have tried numerous foundations. This one is by far the best that I have ever tried. It stays on all day! I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by brohar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried Bare Minerals, Pur Minerals, Prescriptives (when they were around), Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Trish McEvoy, MAC, HD, Givenchy and Urban Decay. And probably a handful more. I will NEVER use anything else again but Double Wear. I have both the regular and light (for when I travel to FL). I have never been prone to break outs, and have seen reviews where women do breakout with this and I can see that, it's definitely heavy, but it's NEVER cakey. I live in Colorado now and you would think that as dry as it is that maybe this would become cakey or cracked looking during the day but it looks flawless ALL DAY. You certainly have to cleanse your skin well at night though, you can't just expect water to take this stuff off, I would think if you cleanse well that you are less likely to breakout. If you have yet to find a foundation that STAYS on all day then this one is for you. And I am NOT a makeup expert when it comes to application. I just use the Estee Lauder foundation brush and kind of just slap it on and blend to the best of my ability, when it dries down, it looks amazing. I never have a line even though I am not meticulously putting it on. Give this one a chance, if you break out return it!