August 27, 2014 | 1973 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm fair skinned (NC15) and bought EL's Double Wear Light Foundation in 1.0. At the counter I spontaneously fell in love with this concealer and got it in "Light 01" which is a match. It's easily and perfectly blendable with the foundation. No creasing, smudging etc. Just like the foundation this just won't come off. It stays put all day. The packaging is alright and thanks to the little gloss-like sponge applicator I find it easy to dose and very hygienic. I will apply a bit with the sponge and use my fingers to work it into my skin. Works like a charm. It's quite an expensive little flask but I expect this to last me quite a while since I don't need much. Coverage is pretty high as was to be expected. A concealer needs to provide full coverage imho. What's absolutely incredible is the SPF 10 this is coming with. I'm a sucker for SPFs, especially around the eye area. Perfectly happy with this. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by ShayOx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very smooth and easy to apply and will conceal under eye circles however there isnt much variety to colour and as I am a fair skinned asian girl, i found that number 1 was too fair and number two was too dark therefore none of the colours matched my skin tone and thats a really big let down as this concealer would have worked wonders on my under eye circles if they provided more colour varietys.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really dark under eye circles (purple with blue veins ugh) and I'm always on the lookout for a great concealer. I've heard a lot about this concealer so I decided to try it. I does cover pretty well, but I find it quite a bit drying although I always use a cream underneath. The next problem with this concealer is the colour range. I use 02 light medium which is a bit too dark for me especially because after an hour or so it turns orange. The lighter shade is much too light for me. I'll use it up probably, but I'm not going buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

The staying power is great, but it's much too drying for my undereye. I don't need concealer on my face at all so I am going to return this and get something else,

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by iillylabrati

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got concealers with better coverage, but overall prefer this concealer at the moment. It covers well, doesn't creep into lines or look crepe-y. Comes in a tube with doe-foot applicator wand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the lasting power of this, it really sticks to skin even when I fall asleep it still is there and still works, conceals nicely. But it's hard to use it around eyes, I have to use a truckload of moisturizer and primer to get perfect canvas, otherwise this acculturates every single line and it's not worth the effort. Dior Skinflash works 10x better even on bare skin and since Skinflash is an illuminator not a concealer, the finish is more natural. And I also dislike the color selection, every shade, even the darker ones are too pink for my skin. I don't get why Estee Lauder can make every shade for their powders and foundations, but only make beige/pink shades for their concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by beautybuff820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is definitely a must-have if you have dark circles under your eyes. I absolutely love it. Just bought it yesterday and it is the first concealer i have gotten that does not crease in my dark shadows or fine lines (and i have tried about 10-15 concealers, all from high end to low end brands). I love this concealer, and i would recommend it to anyone wanting something that 1)stays put, and 2)doesn't crease. Wonderful product. HG for me at this point.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Resplendent7

I'm still on the fence about this, because while I love the coverage, I'm struggling with its drying effects. Tends to highlight lines, but will work on finding a good eye moisturizer and reconsider. Would probably not recommend for those of us over 40 for daily use. I personally like the wand applicator, followed by a concealer brush. Dries quickly, so I find applying to a small area at a time works best. Will continue to "work with it", as it does afford great coverage to dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by etters

I have very dark circles so this is what i tend to do:-

Apply light moisturiser then an illuminating primer around the eye area to give a good base to work from. Dot the estee lauder double wear concealer under the eye and pat in. Add an highlighter (i use touche elclat) then set with a light dusting of bronzer. This stays in place all day long and looks fresh by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by chuckjillo

I have dark circles under my eyes and have tried so many different concealers to hide them. This is the best concealer I have EVER USED. It goes on smooth and doesn't cake up and it STAYS. I used it under mineral makeup and it doesn't cake up the make up on it. I would buy this for the rest of my life.