Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 6/4/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I can say about this concealer is WOW. It covers with a small amount, it last forever, sweatproof for me and ALSO looks the most natural based on all the concealers I've used in the past. Ladies, I've used this to cover the worst of the worst, cystic acne. Although, I have to say, I'm upset that I can't use it anymore because I'm sensitive to some of the ingredients used. Try it, if it doesn't make you break out, KEEP IT :)

on 6/2/2010 2:44:00 AM

Now if I had any makeup product that is hands down my favorite it has to be this concealer. I have been using this concealer for years and with that I mean I have gone through the 3 times Estee Lauder has changed the packaging. Everytime I would freak out and thought they discontinued it. The color is perfect, coverage is perfect and it lasts. Sometimes when I'm lazy and don't want to put on makeup I just use some of this concealer and I'm good to go. I will use this until I die or they stop making it whichever comes first.

on 5/23/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great concealer - blends in well with DW fndtn, although it does sink into pore a bit on my cheeks. But covers blemishes very very well.

on 5/12/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

now that's a really good concealer!i use it only for my undereye circles and does a great job with the coverage ;)

on 5/2/2010 12:50:00 PM

I love this concealer it stays on all day and provides excellent coverage! HG status for me....!

on 5/1/2010 6:59:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

i liked the coverage ; however it smells disgusting

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this in the Medium shade and it blends in perfectly with my natural skin and my Double Wear foundation in Shell Beige. It does wonders to conceal my acne scarring but not so much with my dark circles. Definitely stays nearly 8 hours, very impressive. Will repurchase.

on 4/14/2010 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been on a hunt for a perfect concealer for quite some time. I tried L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden to name a few.

Finally I bought this to try it out after someone recommended using it as an eyeshadow primer. (Paula Begoun?)

I figured if I didn't like it as a concealer, it could be my eyeshadow primer instead. Well I am pleased to report this does both jobs very well.

It isn't too drying, and it allows enough blending time before setting, at which point it stays all day. It doesn't make my under eye lines and wrinkly bits on my upper lids look all crepey which is a minor miracle in itself. It blends perfectly needing only a few tap, tap taps with my ring finger before it melts into the background hiding dark circles, red spots, veins, redness, freckles and other annoyances of being over 50.

Unlike the Clinique all about eyes concealer, it isn't too yellow or too creamy. It doesn't spotlight and give me white circle eyes or dry patches like the L'oreal one that it looks like, nor does it make me itch like the Maybelline one (age rewind, too much mica I suspect) and unlike Elizabeth Arden's concealer it doesn't pull when I dab it on (I had the old cream one in a pot, quite dry actually)

It behaves itself like a lady, quietly doing it's job without calling attention or causing irritation.

And as for the eyeshadow priming business, yes it works like a charm. I tap it onto my lids and in those hollows by my nose, then dust on my eyeshadow du jour, which then stays put all day.

I've used it for a week and a half now, almost 2 weeks and so far it hasn't caused my irritable skin to react, not rosacea, allergies, eczema, pimples, nothing.

Winner, yes. Holy Grail status, not sure yet but certainly the closest I've come to that ever.

Oh and as for colouration, I bought the 02 Light Medium shade, and it does a great job for me. I'm a redhead, pale skin, I wear 03 Sand Beige in the Colorstay foundation, and I think I'm about an NC 20 or so, maybe NC 15. Warm skin, quite pale, lots of redness due to allergies and rosacea.

on 4/11/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally broke down and bought this as I use the foundation and I love it. I needed it to cover a brown spot and it does a pretty good job,Im surprised. I put it under my foundation so you dont see the weird color it leaves on your skin,I bought shade 02 which is light/med. Edit: Had to return it,allergic to something in it.

on 4/11/2010 11:42:00 AM

Absolutely love this concealer! The area around my nose and mouth is quite red and I have super pale skin...I'd be lost without this product. It gives great coverage and stays put all day! I use it in "light" underneath my mineral foundation and this combination really evens out my skin tone.
I've tried so many concealers before...the MAC concealer formed something looking like eraser fuzz when I applied it over my moisturizer...terrible. This does not happen with the Estee Lauder Double Wear.

I highly recommend this if you have red areas in your face that need to be covered.
The only negative thing (but even that didn't happen to all the tubes I bought) - because you don't need a lot, it lasts a long time...sometimes longer than the doe foot applicator. If used extensively, the foamy part can start to crumble.
Other than that - for me it's the best concealer out there.