Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do like this product...but not as much as everyone else seems to I guess. I still wanted to give it a good rating, but was also wondering if anyone could give me advice on how they apply it. I've tried it for under eye concealor and like it. I've tried it for shadow primer and it's hit and miss. Some days it doesn't crease, and some days it does. I don't know if this may be from me working out and sweating, but are there any tricks to putting this one and making it stay put?
Also, i have a lot of hyperpigmentation from acne, as well as existing/new acne and i find that it covers some spots, but not others. I have a pimple i applied it to today, about 2 or 3 times, and it is still red. It didn't cover the pimple barely at all. Does anyone find this works for acne and hyperpigmentation? Or should i just be using it as an under eye concealor and primer?
I'd really appreciate some tips, thanks!

on 6/8/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is great! I got it in the 02 color which is light/medium and it is perfect. It stays on, it doesn't get dry or settle into lines and you really don't need much. I stopped using my Shisiedo eye cream during the day because as much as I like it, it is too greasy and no concealer worked with it, not even Double Wear. I just use Estee Lauder Hydrationist cream which is very moisturizing and put this on over it and voila! no more dark circles. Stays pretty much all day. I also used it as a primer on my lids for the Double Wear cream shadow and nothing moved. Will buy again for sure.

on 6/4/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i love this concealer! it has great coverage! it can be drying if you dont moisturize first and its a bit pricey but in the long run its worth it. i've had the same one for a little over 4 months and use it almost everyday and its only about half way gone. a little goes a long way

on 6/4/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I can say about this concealer is WOW. It covers with a small amount, it last forever, sweatproof for me and ALSO looks the most natural based on all the concealers I've used in the past. Ladies, I've used this to cover the worst of the worst, cystic acne. Although, I have to say, I'm upset that I can't use it anymore because I'm sensitive to some of the ingredients used. Try it, if it doesn't make you break out, KEEP IT :)

on 6/2/2010 2:44:00 AM

Now if I had any makeup product that is hands down my favorite it has to be this concealer. I have been using this concealer for years and with that I mean I have gone through the 3 times Estee Lauder has changed the packaging. Everytime I would freak out and thought they discontinued it. The color is perfect, coverage is perfect and it lasts. Sometimes when I'm lazy and don't want to put on makeup I just use some of this concealer and I'm good to go. I will use this until I die or they stop making it whichever comes first.

on 5/23/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great concealer - blends in well with DW fndtn, although it does sink into pore a bit on my cheeks. But covers blemishes very very well.

on 5/12/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

now that's a really good concealer!i use it only for my undereye circles and does a great job with the coverage ;)

on 5/2/2010 12:50:00 PM

I love this concealer it stays on all day and provides excellent coverage! HG status for me....!

on 5/1/2010 6:59:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

i liked the coverage ; however it smells disgusting

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this in the Medium shade and it blends in perfectly with my natural skin and my Double Wear foundation in Shell Beige. It does wonders to conceal my acne scarring but not so much with my dark circles. Definitely stays nearly 8 hours, very impressive. Will repurchase.