October 1, 2014 | 1949 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mdarlow

love this concealer,isnt drying on skin like some ive tried,seems to last well.i use double wear desert beige but use the lightest shade in the concelaer and is a great colour for me,will buy again,it is quite expensive tho but imagine it will last ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

A wonderful concealer for melasma. Great coverage! Not oily, and perfect matte. Not a 5 because of under eye dryness, but its wonderful other than that. Highly recommend to melasma suffers.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer cos my mum just loves it, so I decided to give it a try. I have really dark circles and really thin skin under my eyes, so its dark circles+fine lines. This concealer give pretty good coverage, bit dries my skin, I use moisturiser before uplying it. What I've noticed that after couple of hours it looks kinda orange!? and sets in fine lines a bit I set it with the powder. I have it in 1light. I will prob use it up, not sure about buying it again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. It works really well with my Double Wear foundation. I didn't give it 5 only because I don't think it gives 100% coverage but I really do like that it's not thick and cakey. For the price I think there could be a substitute.

I am fair skinned - I bought this concealer in #2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm fair skinned (NC15) and bought EL's Double Wear Light Foundation in 1.0. At the counter I spontaneously fell in love with this concealer and got it in "Light 01" which is a match. It's easily and perfectly blendable with the foundation. No creasing, smudging etc. Just like the foundation this just won't come off. It stays put all day. The packaging is alright and thanks to the little gloss-like sponge applicator I find it easy to dose and very hygienic. I will apply a bit with the sponge and use my fingers to work it into my skin. Works like a charm. It's quite an expensive little flask but I expect this to last me quite a while since I don't need much. Coverage is pretty high as was to be expected. A concealer needs to provide full coverage imho. What's absolutely incredible is the SPF 10 this is coming with. I'm a sucker for SPFs, especially around the eye area. Perfectly happy with this. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by ShayOx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very smooth and easy to apply and will conceal under eye circles however there isnt much variety to colour and as I am a fair skinned asian girl, i found that number 1 was too fair and number two was too dark therefore none of the colours matched my skin tone and thats a really big let down as this concealer would have worked wonders on my under eye circles if they provided more colour varietys.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really dark under eye circles (purple with blue veins ugh) and I'm always on the lookout for a great concealer. I've heard a lot about this concealer so I decided to try it. I does cover pretty well, but I find it quite a bit drying although I always use a cream underneath. The next problem with this concealer is the colour range. I use 02 light medium which is a bit too dark for me especially because after an hour or so it turns orange. The lighter shade is much too light for me. I'll use it up probably, but I'm not going buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

The staying power is great, but it's much too drying for my undereye. I don't need concealer on my face at all so I am going to return this and get something else,

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by iillylabrati

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got concealers with better coverage, but overall prefer this concealer at the moment. It covers well, doesn't creep into lines or look crepe-y. Comes in a tube with doe-foot applicator wand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the lasting power of this, it really sticks to skin even when I fall asleep it still is there and still works, conceals nicely. But it's hard to use it around eyes, I have to use a truckload of moisturizer and primer to get perfect canvas, otherwise this acculturates every single line and it's not worth the effort. Dior Skinflash works 10x better even on bare skin and since Skinflash is an illuminator not a concealer, the finish is more natural. And I also dislike the color selection, every shade, even the darker ones are too pink for my skin. I don't get why Estee Lauder can make every shade for their powders and foundations, but only make beige/pink shades for their concealers.