April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good example when Paula begound and MUA think different. Paula gives this an :I$$$ meaning it is expensive and average. Here on MUA I think this has got great feedback and is something to try.
But what do I think about this. I agree with MUA! I like it. The coverage is medium going to full, but doesn't look that thick and muddy around the eyearea. Like the name says it does stay on and first at the end of the day it will set in the fine lines around my eyes. I do apply a powder after putting it on at morning and that does help with the staying-power. I did also try applying it here and there on the face and blending it out with a mac 187. That gave a sheer-light and even coverage.
Like many others concealers this has made me breakout, so I try to only use it around my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

This is a great concealer! It lasts a very long time and covered up my majorly dark eye circles with just a little bit of product. I know many of the reviewers did not recommend this for under the eye but it's the only place I put this stuff and I don't have any complaints whatsoever. I think the trick is to apply sparingly and blend immediately. I have yet to find a concealer that works as well as this does for my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ShopaMaggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has excellent staying power! This is a fabulous undereye concealer that takes you through work day through to a night out! I would recommend to anyone since the price is fairly reasonable and the applicator is hygenic and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favorite concealer for under my eyes. It stays in place all day long. It doesn't settle into those pesky tiny lines, and looks a lot fresher than the concealers that have a more waxy consistency.

This blends great with my foundation, but looks just as good when I opt not to use the foundation and use my MSF instead.

I've been using a deluxe sample of it forever, so I know a little goes a loooong way. When I finally have to break down and purchase the full-sized; I know it will last me forever.

My only beef with this concealer is the application process. It's the typical wand applicator and tube of product (like lots of lipglosses are) I don't like the idea of dipping something that's been around my eyes back into the product. Not that I have gross/infected eyes; but the thought of germs breeding does sometimes give me pause.

Overall, this is more than wonderful! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have fair, sensitive, dry/combo skin with dark pigmentation patches under my eyes due to a hormonal condition and I wanted a concealer to cover this. This concealer is the only concealer I've found that does this without drying out my skin. I managed to get a gwp sample with this concealer one end and Double Wear Mascara the other end. I love both products and will be re-purchasing both in full sizes when they run out, but I have to say the sample gwp size has lasted 4 months already!...FAB! I apply the concealer which is nice and thick in consistency (but not too thick that it doesn't blend) with a concealer brush and it easily covers the pigmentation and any marks/blemishes I have without any trouble at all. It lasts all day long too so it does "stay-in-place"!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tiggercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is not good for yellow based skin tones. I was trying to find a replacement for my beloved Prescriptives concealer so I bought this because of the rave reviews. The light color is rather dark. I'm an olive skin tone & I found it to be dark on my skin & I'm not pale at all. It made my red marks look more splotchy because of the pink undertones to this concealer. I like the wand applicator & it does stay put & last all day, but if you have fair skin or yellow undertones, stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ilikenavyblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this a few days ago and i found it to be a good product. I have very dry skin because im on acne medication which dries it. I dont use this on my cheeks as it turns cakey and flakey but under my eyes it works wonders, stays put, conceals everything and gives a natural look.
overall a good concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

the best concealer hands down. this dosen't fade it stays put. i would buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer worked pretty well. I also tried the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer by It Cosmetics. This concealer seemed to work better.

The only downside is the lightest shade is a bit yellowy for my very light skin. However, if you put your foundation on top of it, you can't see it anyway. Also I think the yellow makes it do a better job of canceling out the dark under eye circle color.

I wouldn't call this HG, but then again I haven't found the perfect product. It seemed thicker than Bye Bye and it does go on rather thick, but, it didn't really smooth out the skin under my eyes and the circles still showed slightly. Also it wore off after a while. I suppose if I layered it a bit more maybe it would work better.

I have to say that I didn't notice the hugest difference with whether I wore this or not along with my regular foundation. Anyway, so far, this is the best concealer I have tried.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a concealer that actually conceals! I have tried them all, from low end to high end and even Dermablend which is supposed to cover tattoos (yeah, right) and this is the only concealer I've found that can actual cover my dark circles! The consistency is perfect and you only need the tiniest bit when applying, plus you can layer it as well for perfect coverage (though you won't really need to, I just have VERY dark eye circles). The only problem I had was entirely my fault - I didn't realise that if you want to conceal puffiness as well, you should go a shade darker, but this is easily remedied by putting on my EL Maximum Cover foundation on top. I might purchase a darker shade for my eyes and keep this one for redness. I've had no problems with it sinking into fine lines or caking, even on the days when my skin is dry.
I gave this 5 lippies for the price because while it was expensive, it is very cost effective because you only need the tiniest amount for great coverage. Because of this, I think it will actually work out much cheaper than even the drug store brands. Though even if it was twice as expensive, I would still purchase it because it does such a good job of hiding my dark circles.