Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging is awesome, the price is awesome and it does the job. I have been using this since the beginning of High School (about 7 years ago) and will continue to repurchase. I admit I recently tried 2-3 others (MAC, Avon, Mary Kay) and they didn't compare to Rimmel's.

on 5/17/2007 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this multiple times and I will continue to buy it until they stop making it (I hope never). It removes even my waterproof mascara and eyeliner without being greasy or making my eyes blurry, and it's the consistency of water, so it rinses clean away. It may not always remove everything in one swipe, particularly if I'm wearing a lot of black eyeliner/mascara, but it still does a great job. I try to pick this up when drugstores are having Buy 1 Get 1 Free sales on Rimmel, but at the regular $4-5 per bottle, it's still fairly inexpensive.

on 4/27/2007 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff. The only eye make up remover I've bought that doesn't sting my eyes. It takes off all my eyeshadow, eyeliner, & mascara with no problem. Currently on my second bottle of the stuff.

on 4/23/2007 8:38:00 AM

Ew! Ow! Mine was a freebie with some offer. This stuff STINGS my eyes if/when it gets in and it doesn't do a good job of taking off my waterproof mascara. Waterproof makeup remover my a**.

Don't care what it smells like. This stuff is AWFUL. Although, the container is handy, with its plastic flip top lid. I will never again stray from my beloved L'Oreal again. After this this, I will stay faithful to it. (although... having said that, I have a GWP bottle of Lancome eye m/u remover...)

This eyemakeup remover works great on non-waterproof mascara, eyeliner, etc. For the price, you can't go wrong. I usually use Clinique eyemakeup remover (the non oily one) or the Estee Lauder eyemakeup remover. This works just as good for a fraction of the price. If you use waterproof mascara, you shouldn't use this though. It gets off the MAC water resistant eyeliner no prob.

I didn't care for the product at all. The only thing it would remove was eye shadow, which I can do with water. Forget about getting eyeliner, mascara, etc off with it because it just doesn't work. Definitely won't waste my money and repurchase.

on 2/26/2007 3:28:00 AM

Dirt cheap and absolutely fabulous. Not oily at all.

on 2/25/2007 4:09:00 PM

Pretty good product for the price, and pretty effective at removing most makeup. However, when I wear a lot of eyeliner/mascara, it takes more than a few swipes to get it all off - and I hate having to rub my eyes like that! Also, try not to get any in your eyes, because this stuff stings! Not pleasant. Would not repurchase for that reason.

on 2/22/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is really great.
I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but I do wear contacts.
The Rimmel does a great job taking it all off without irritating or feeling greasy (I hate it when removers are greasy!).
Highly recommended and I will buy it again when I run out.

on 2/19/2007 8:49:00 PM

Well geeze, I will definitely buy this again and again and again! I was going to purchase my usual Neutrogena eye- makeup remover but the girl behind the Ulta counter suggested Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover because she really liked it. I thought, why the heck not, they're probably about the same anyway. WRONG! This stuff dissolves the mascara off of my eyes with almost no pulling or rubbing and most importantly, does not irritate my eyes at all. I accidentally squirted a ton of this stuff off of the cotton ball and into my right eye (don't ask, lol) and it didn't do anything. What?! I have super-sensitive eyes that even mascaras and eye shadow will irritate but even after glooping this into my eye, I felt as if I had only just put water in it. Neutrogena eye m/u remover left me with blurry vision after using it but with this stuff, there is no greasy residue and my eyesight is as sharp as ever. I love this stuff and I do believe I found my HG eye makeup remover. Go Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover! Try this!
:::::::::::::UPDATE::::::::::::
This has been bumped from my shelf of staples. It's a good second choice but I found an EMUR that takes off all of my eye makeup (liner included) with ABSOLUTELY NO tugging or wiping! I thought that was a rumor ability of EMURs but wow, I am now in love with the Lumene EMUR!