Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 2/29/2008 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the brush on this primer, as well as the slightly thicker formula, which I find builds better than a thinner formula (I used to buy the smashbox layer lash primer and wait for it to get old and thick, which was annoying and made me feel kind of crazy, but it worked well). I find that it works best to curl the lashes, apply a coat or two of this primer, wait about two minutes, then apply mascara on top. I do find that sometimes I have to comb it out and apply another coat, but I think it holds curl really well. I wish it did not dry white, but I don't think that primers that are clear work nearly as well.

on 2/12/2008 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Update 2.15.08: I am no longer using this primer after four days. The first day was awesome, however, after that is was clump city either way I tried it, dry or wet. Glad I had only a sample of this primer. I may try Tweezerman, since some seem to rave about that one!

I really like this primer so far, it grabs all of my lashes even the baby ones. Plus, it really does seem to make my lashes longer and plumper regardless of what mascara I am using. One thing I can't decide on is to wait for it to dry or continue onto with my mascara while it is still wet. It honestly seems easier to apply my mascara while the primer is still wet, however, they claim you are supposed to wait for the primer to dry. Oh well, I tend to do what works best for me and not always follow the directions when it comes to makeup!

on 2/7/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I think this is my 2nd Cils Booster, 1st i used the L'Oreal .... ( can't remember the name) with primer on one end and mascara on the other so i knew what to expect from a primer but to be honest my lashes are naturally long anyway so whatever primer i use, they're still going to be thicker and longer, so i don't really see the point of buying this again cause it's SOOO expensive.. i mean for something that your're going to put on in the morning and take it off at night right???

on 1/31/2008 3:21:00 PM

Made my lashes clump... may be good for a very dramatic effect, not good for natural look

on 1/30/2008 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have always had problem lashes. So short and wont curl, Etc. I really have like the Cils Booster XL. I put it on and my lashes automatically look onger and thicker. I see little white lashes i didnt know I had. Any mascara is great over this but it seems the defincils is a bit easier to work with... doesnt get clumpy and need a comb through. Im not in love with I am happy. I still am looking for the miracle curl for my perfect lashes.

on 1/12/2008 11:18:00 AM

This is just an ok primer. It does boosts a little, but I prefer the Volume Shocking primer, cause it curves, volumizes and lengths my lashes. It's a very mediocre product, I expected more from Lancôme. Maybe I'll try the Cils Booster XL.

on 1/11/2008 3:30:00 AM

I don't really like the white cream on my lashes and how it make my mascara crumped. But it's the only thing that keeps my mascara (cheap to expensive) stay put until the end of the day.

on 1/10/2008 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: I've gone and purchased Almay Triple Effect and used Cils Booster underneath. I did see a difference in performance.. not huge.. but still a difference so I do have more dramatic lashes. Below is my original review:

Purchased this (Cils Booster XL) after seeing all the rave reviews here. I'm using it to try and add to the underwhelming Maybelline Define A Lash. I was hoping for more volume, but I ended up with more length and just a little bit more volume.

That being said, several sweeps of Cils Booster left me to only use one or two sweeps of mascara, when I'd normally apply at least 6 sweeps of any mascara, for dramatic looking lashes.

I'm thinking of trying it next with a volumizing mascara, like Voluminous - which I've never been happy w/ because of smudging and flaking... and clumps. My aim is to see how Cils Booster improves cheap and less-perfect-in-performance mascaras.

All of this, only because my HG CoverGirl VolumeExact is a toxic toxic soup! :( If it wasn't, I wouldn't even be venturing into Cils Booster (or other mascaras).

on 12/22/2007 8:22:00 PM

Takes a long time to dry. NIce product, good idea, but I didn''t have the patience or the time to use it...

on 12/16/2007 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

one of the best primer i ever used. spread my lash well, prepared for any mascara. it's easy to use and fool proof. surprizingly i find that it does give me some lengthening and volumizing effects. tried using just the mascara alone, find that with this primer, lashes r more obvious and thicker. definately will repurchase again!