April 16, 2014 | 2092 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the better mascara primer's I've used. There's no question that it makes a visible difference to the finished product of my mascara (which is currently Dior show, but changes constantly). My eyelashes appear much more dramatic. Personally, I think it's important to apply your mascara while the cils booster (or any primer, for that matter) is still wet. I try any and every mascara base I run into, but always come back to this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer. Gives serious legnth and thickness, but prevents my lashes from holding a curl. *EDIT* after a few uses it dosent seem to do much for me anymore. It dosent seem to stick to my lashes. I'm going to try Shiseido primer next

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does make a difference. It smooths, separates and lengthens before you apply your black mascara, and the overall result is lusher and fuller.

However, I found that Smashbox Layer Lash Primer works better and is cheaper. Lancome's lash primer is 21.50 and the Smashbox lash primer is 16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this on special with Lancome Hypnose. Combined this is an AMAZING eyelash primer! I have very short, thin eyelashes (I'm asian), and this really does the job in plumping! Combined with Hypnose, my lashes are long and full! I've struggled so much in the past with mascaras, I'd given up all together, and just wore eyeliner. Luckly another asian friend of mine recommended this combo (special at Shoppers Drug Mart) and from seeing the effects on her lashes, I decided to try it myself. Now I will never leave the house without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the skimpiest lashes and I'm one of those women who wished they were blessed with long, wispy ones. With Cils Booster XL, I can achieve that look! When I use this with Chanel Inimitable, I look rested and "alive". I'm not talking mile-long lashes, but just enough length and volume that look extremely natural and unpretentious. The brush is long and can really penetrate the lashes from the base to the tip. That is something I really like about this, plus no clumping whatsoever and even dispersing with just one stroke. Perfection! I was lucky enough to get this in a GWP, but once I'm out of the sample, I'm going to buy the full size ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by onestarrynight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing this product seemed to do was make my lashes impossible to curl. The just stuck straight out. It also made them somewhat brittle. I got this as a GWP and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. If you're looking for something to increase length and give you a false eyelash look try Tweezerman Fast Lash. That stuff is insane.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I'm in love with this product. I always thought mascara primers were a gimmick or a waste, but the saleswoman at Lancome convinced me to try this, reminding me I could always return it if I hated it. Well, I can tell you that this product is definitely NOT a gimmick! It makes any mascara you put over it look even better. And it makes mascaras that I love but tend to flake (ahem, Voluminous) stay on all day long with no flakies! In fact, I've gotten not one but two compliments on my lashes when I use this in conjuction with Clinique Lash Doubling mascara. I would totally repurchase this. I already have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this eyelash primer. Unlike what the SA recommended, I let it dry before I put on my mascara and it really lengthens and magnifies my puny lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by StarEyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it!! When I wear CB XL, people always ask if I'm wearing flase lashes. I use it with L' Extreme mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by xtinastyles

I bought this after reading rave reviews and I am very happy with it. I originally intended on splurging on the primer then layering a cheapie mascara on top. I sometimes do that or add a coat of DiorShow for added oomph. I find that it adds lots of length but not so much volume. It definately helps mascara from fading as easily. Since I started wearing the primer, I have been asked 2 times whether I was wearing false eyelashes. I think the price is worth it since the formula doesn't dry up like a mascara would. Definately repurchasing.