July 28, 2014 | 1384 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only used one mascara primer, so I don't have anything to compare this to...however, this is wonderful stuff. My lashes are long, and my mascara doesn't budge. No smearing, clumping, or flaking. I would buy this again and again.

Plus...Lancome lets you return things if you don't like them. That's always a big bonus for trying something new....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have used this as a base/prep. before applying mascara. It really does make a significant difference in that I think it actually enhances the application/results after mascara application. I never use my mascara without a base/prep. such as this one. It's pricey, but worth the money and results. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyelash primer. It lengthens and thickens. I use it with waterproof or water-resistant mascara and with this combo, it holds a curl ALL day. I use mascara while this is still wet, to make sure it blends with the primer and dries holding the curl. Mascaras that are too soft/emollient may not do so well. It keeps my lashes soft and not crunchy, which I hate, and I think they are better conditioned. Mascaras without this primer just don't have 1/2 the oomph as with it! A definite re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i loveee this product! this was my first mascara base and now im into my second tube. Ive tried the shiseido themakeup mascara base but imho i still think that this one is much better. Unlike the shiseido one which actually makes your lashes crispy and waterproofs your mascara this one is easily washed off and lengthens my lashes like crazy. I also like it the fact that it keeps your lashes soft. This one is for keeps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

This is a nice lash primer. It has a nice texture goes on smooth and lengthens my lashes and makes them a little thicker as well. However, to me it is just an extra step without results that blow me away. It is just not worth it. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the better mascara primer's I've used. There's no question that it makes a visible difference to the finished product of my mascara (which is currently Dior show, but changes constantly). My eyelashes appear much more dramatic. Personally, I think it's important to apply your mascara while the cils booster (or any primer, for that matter) is still wet. I try any and every mascara base I run into, but always come back to this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer. Gives serious legnth and thickness, but prevents my lashes from holding a curl. *EDIT* after a few uses it dosent seem to do much for me anymore. It dosent seem to stick to my lashes. I'm going to try Shiseido primer next

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does make a difference. It smooths, separates and lengthens before you apply your black mascara, and the overall result is lusher and fuller.

However, I found that Smashbox Layer Lash Primer works better and is cheaper. Lancome's lash primer is 21.50 and the Smashbox lash primer is 16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this on special with Lancome Hypnose. Combined this is an AMAZING eyelash primer! I have very short, thin eyelashes (I'm asian), and this really does the job in plumping! Combined with Hypnose, my lashes are long and full! I've struggled so much in the past with mascaras, I'd given up all together, and just wore eyeliner. Luckly another asian friend of mine recommended this combo (special at Shoppers Drug Mart) and from seeing the effects on her lashes, I decided to try it myself. Now I will never leave the house without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the skimpiest lashes and I'm one of those women who wished they were blessed with long, wispy ones. With Cils Booster XL, I can achieve that look! When I use this with Chanel Inimitable, I look rested and "alive". I'm not talking mile-long lashes, but just enough length and volume that look extremely natural and unpretentious. The brush is long and can really penetrate the lashes from the base to the tip. That is something I really like about this, plus no clumping whatsoever and even dispersing with just one stroke. Perfection! I was lucky enough to get this in a GWP, but once I'm out of the sample, I'm going to buy the full size ASAP.