Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 12/19/2013 12:25:00 PM

I love this BB cream :) It lasts on my face for a good 6 hours and evens out my complexion nicely, I also love the consistency and how easy it is to blend. It is perfect for a light, every day coverage :)
The reason I did not give this product a 5 was because it is meant to be skin tone adapting however it does make me look very pale, however a bit of powder normal sorts that out :)
Overall a very good product, Good for everyday use or young people (such as myself) just getting into makeup :)

on 12/18/2013 8:12:00 PM

OMG! Where do I begin?

OK. Makeup for me is something I use not to look good, but to feel good. Looking good in makeup is secondary. I use it to feel comfortable in my skin and confident within myself. So, with that short tangential philosophical mini-rant, I can start by saying that this BB cream made me feel TERRIBLE. I LITERALLY felt terrible because the product sat on my skin like a horrible pomade, as time passed (4 hours, not that much) my skin was terribly oily. UGH, I felt a constant urge to wipe my face with a Bounty, or a towel, or the carpet from my workplace, ANYTHING. Just terrible. I ended up washing my face as soon as I had the opportunity to do so. I had other errands to run, but the horrible feeling left me with no choice. The first day I used this, the first hour I wore it, my whole face was super red like I had finished running the Boston Marathon with Keyan-like speed. I decided to give it a second try and the same thing happened. This is a terrible product.

As for the color, I'm olive skin NW30. I bought the Light to Medium shade and I looked grey-like. That's if you factor out the redness it produced in my skin. Terrible.

on 12/16/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wouldn't buy this again. This unfortunately looks orangey on me and doesn't do much. This is not a BB cream by any means. This is more of a sheer tinted lotion. It's ok in the summer but I would rather just use something else.

I am NW20 and the lightest shade was still too dark and orange. I am not oily and this made my face oily within a few hours.

on 12/16/2013 2:20:00 PM

I have this BB cream and I'm happy with it. It's very light and feels good on my face. However if you want a great coverage, perhaps you should look for something else.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is ok. Products work differently for everyone so im just gonna tell you what happened to me and let you decide on whether you will like it. :)
-i got this for around $7 at target, so a pretty good price
-my skin is pretty pale, so unfortunately the "light" shade, the lightest, was kind of orangey. it isn't a huge deal because it is pretty sheer, but it does make my face a bit warmer than my neck if i don't blend it down
-although the shades are forgiving, the coverage is more than i would have expected. it covers redness ok, but definitely not good coverage, kind of sheer to light, but i can see a difference.
-when i first apply this product, it definitely is not matte. it is dewy at first, but throughout the day becomes pretty oily (in conjunction with my oily skin) and honestly looks kinda gross on me because of my rough skin. but if you have dry-normal, smooth, and pretty even toned skin this may be perfect.
-it lasts longer than most bb creams and foundations (8 hours easily) and doesn't oxidize. when i set it with a powder it gets less oily, but after about 4 hours, my oils break through. (with a more matte foundation it usually takes around 7 hours)
Like i said it doesnt work for me because of my skin type, but it might work for you.

on 12/13/2013 12:09:00 PM

I bought this specifically for use as a primer under my foundation, as I wanted to get into something more moisturizing and good for my face rather than slapping a layer of silicone onto my skin every morning. I have dry skin. This adds a really nice light layer of moisture and tint and provides an excellent base for my foundation, which is currently Mac's Studio Sculpt in MW25. I've also worn it a few times by itself on the weekend, for those days when I'm running errands and don't want to put makeup on. It covers redness and some blemishes and makes me look awake and better put-together than if I'd not put anything on. The tube has lasted me several months. The only thing I would change about the packaging is to have a flip-top cap. I generally don't like products with caps that have to be taken off and put back on in the morning as this adds more time and effort to my morning routine. It took off one lippie from the packaging. Otherwise, I highly recommend this.

on 12/9/2013 12:26:00 PM

I've been using this product for a long time now on and off. I used it mostly during the summer because it was just easier for the hot weather. I still use it during the winter though. I do love this product a lot. It does what it says on the back: blurs imperfections, enhances, brightens, adjusts to skin tone, smooths, hydrates, spf 30 and the 0% oils and other heavy ingredients. It is very light weight and smooth to put on. One thing I did not like about it though was that sometimes if I applied it in kind of a hurry, it would leave orange marks around the edges of my face. Besides that, I love this product. :)

on 12/6/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first BB cream I had ever tried and I thought it was okay. But lately I have been using it and I really like it!! It lasts a long time, looks natural, and you don't have to set it with powder even if you have oily skin! This is the best BB cream I have ever tried and I completely recommend it. Plus it's only like 7 or 8 dollars compared to high end BB creams that's great! Hope this helped! By the way mine is in the lightest shade!

on 12/6/2013 12:23:00 AM

This was the first BB cream I've ever tried, and I only wore it for 2 days before it reacted horribly with my skin. Before I get into that- I will say that for the couple days I wore it, it did what I wanted it to do- I have pretty good skin, so I wasn't looking for much coverage, just something to even me out and make me look a little more polished. No weird smell, the texture was fine, and it blended easily.

On to the horrific reaction I had to it. I suspect that the titanium dioxide sunscreen in it ( it has an spf 30, I believe) is what I reacted to. I'm very allergic to nickel and I read that sometimes in low quality titanium dioxide sunscreens, the titanium is contaminated with nickel. The reaction I got on my face was essentially what happens to my skin if it comes into prolonged contact with jewelry that has nickel in it. Tiny little bumps that looked like blisters formed all over my cheeks, and my entire face was red, swollen, hot, scaly, and in pain. It was absolutely awful and it took about a week before it went away completely. Since that happened, I returned this and told Maybelline about what happened.

If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to nickel, I would stay far, far away from this, because you will be unable to go into public for at least a week. If not, and you just want some very light smoothing coverage and appreciate spf in your makeup, this is probably a good product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This was a decent product. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't awful.
I found the formula itself to be a bit too sticky for my liking...
But overall the BB cream does it's job