Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/14/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I feel like people are constantly comparing/contrasting Naked and Naked 2. People are always saying which one they prefer over the other, and how the two are so similar, that they don't feel a need for both, and blah blah blah. I, personally, feel like I can't compare the palettes. They are two very different palettes. What one doesn't have, the other makes up for. I couldn't survive without either one of them, and I wouldn't want to. They both contain absolutely stunning shades, and I mix and match shades from both palettes all the time. Sometimes, I'm even confused on what to use because there are just so many lovely shades to choose from. Both of these are amazing palettes, and I would repurchase in a heartbeat. I also own the Lorac Pro palette, and several Too Faced palettes, but I still find myself reaching for my Nakeds the most. You just can't beat Urban Decay.

on 5/14/2013 12:28:00 AM

Another great product from Urban Decay!

on 5/13/2013 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This pallette has a good variety of shades that I can use for day/work and also for night/parties. Sometimes I line my eyes with the black shadow instead of using liner.

on 5/13/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Better then the first for day time makeup

on 5/11/2013 9:05:00 PM

Here I am... probably the millionth person giving a review on the Naked 2 palette, but here goes:

What I Like:
-I LOVE the packaging, it is the sturdiest palette I own, the mirror is huge, and the two-ended brush that comes with it is something I use daily to apply all my shadows with.
-I am in love with the matte shades. Foxy, Tease, and Blackout are the shades I am closest to hitting pan with, and I use them almost daily.

What I Don't Like:
-I have warm-medium toned skin. While some of these shades may work for others, the majority of the shades in this palette remain untouched simply due to the fact that they just don't "work" on my skin tone.
-The shimmery-ness. Some gals love all the glitz and glitter, but I guess I'm just not one of those gals. While I do use shimmers every now and then, the ones in this palette are just way too metallic and glittery for me to create that neutral, natural look.
-For shade YDK: the fall-out in this one is inevitable. Even with loads of primer, it is a hot glittery mess.

Pigmentation:
-Overall, the pigmentation is pretty decent. Some shades are better than others, so on a 1-5 scale, I'd rate the overall pigmentation of the palette a 4.

Overall:
I'd suggest this palette if you a shimmer shadow lover that has cooler undertones since these shadows tend to lean more toward the cool side. The packaging is the best. Ever. And so is the brush it comes with. But if you tend to look better with warmer shades and shadows and aren't a huge fan of glitter, you should probably steer clear from this palette. So even though most of the shades don't work with my warm skin, I still got value from the brush, mirror, and the 3 matte shades.

I own both of the Naked palettes and i have to say this one is my favorite! The palette is quite pricey but i think it is worth the money and hype. I have fair skin so this suits me well and i love it. The colors in this palette are shimmery and more 'pigmented' and suitable for everyday while the first Naked palette is more darker neutral which i tend to lean towards for smokey eyes. The first thing i have to say about Naked 2 is the palette itself is flawless, i love the packaging although i did drop it once and the color "Blackout" broke in half which sucks but hey it did protect it well! I tend to go for more lighter neutrals so if you like more everyday light neutral colors i recommend this. My go to colors in this palette are Half Baked, Bootycall, Tease, Verve, and YDK. These are great everyday colors and you can also turn it into a smokey eye for nighttime! I tend to go for verve on the lid, and tease in the crease and bootycall as a very lightly applied highlight! The colors are easily blendable and definitely so pretty up close and you can even see it from far away, looks great! I have recommended to friends and family and my aunt and cousin bought the 2nd one for thereselves after using mine! I think this is my everyday go to palette and def recommend! Go get it, worth the price! If you are unsure of whether to get the Naked or Naked 2, look up swatches and comparisons you can definitely tell the difference!

on 5/7/2013 8:57:00 AM

I got this palette as a birthday gift from my boyfriend back in March and I've been using this palette ever since. I don't have a huge collection of eyeshadows since I always tend to JUST use the neutral shades anyway. And I don't have high end products in general because I feel like most drugstore products do an excellent job for a fraction of higher end ones.
Don't get me wrong, the colors in this palette is amazing and it's rare for me to actually use every single color in a palette but I do that with the Naked 2. However I like my eyeshadows to be a little more creamy and buttery (I mean you know what I'm saying right?). I always have to sweep my fingers a couple time to apply on my eyes (since my eye brushes just can't get any product from this palette). The colors last a long time but I use the ELF mineral eye primer which just makes everything last forever. I'm not too tan but not fair either (maybe like an NC25?) so some colors don't even show up.
I think it's a nice something something but I don't think I'm ever gonna buy it on my own, I feel like the wet n wild shadows and NYX trios are more pigmented and way more inexpensive.
Nevertheless, the colors in the Naked 2 are gorgeous!

I like this palette a lot! i use most of the colors!

on 5/6/2013 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Absolutely love this! Foxy is the best blending shade I've ever used. Beautiful colors! Nice pigmentation, and they are actually hard to get off with an eye primer! Some of the do have fallout if the brush isn't really soft. The brush that comes with it isn't the best... nothing to say that hasn't already been said!

on 5/6/2013 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First urban decay product I have ever purchased and I am super impressed. The colors are gorgeous (though I do wish there were more mattes) and can last through my cardio without smudging even WITHOUT primer. The packaging is not that great because the pans fall out really easily. Had to bring mine back to sephora to get a new one. The sales associate had to open and flip upside down at least 5 of them to find one that didn't have a pan fall out. Despite that, my current palette is in one piece and I use it everyday. A good investment for sure!

Popular Palettes