April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, I'd like to say that I love Urban Decay palettes and think that even though you'll pay a decent amount of money for them, they are so worth it. Naked 2 is not an exception. It comes with a brush, which is really good quality, and a lipgloss which is amazing - I love the lip junkie glosses. I have to admit, when it came down to deciding which palette to buy - Naked 1 or 2, because I feel that both have beautiful colours the add ons definitely tipped me to buy this one, as I already had a primer and several eyeliners. A part of me regrets this and thinks I would enjoy the other palette more, but I really do love this palette. The packaging is great, and very durable. It's good for travelling, especially since it comes with a brush. The shadows - as always - are incredible quality. Of course, you get a little fall down occasionally, as expected with UD shadows, but as long as you tap off the excess it's usually fine. My favourite colours are:

Booty Call - which works amazing as a highlighter for the inner corner or to just sweep over the lid.

Tease - amazing crease colour, particularly paired with Booty Call.

Chopper - I almost feel like this is a rose gold colour. It's just beautiful.

I love all the colours in the palette but those three are my favourite.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

What more can I say that hasn't been said? I love this palette, it has great colours for my pale skin tone, vibrant and stay on all day if you use an eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Are you sick of hearing about Urban Decay's Naked Palettes and how great they are? Yeah, me too, but just hear me out for a couple paragraphs. The Naked2 Palette is my first ever Urban Decay purchase, and the single most expensive beauty buy I've ever made. I was never really interested in the original Naked palette, but I've been craving the Naked2 ever since it launched roughly a year ago. The color scheme, which Urban Decay calls as a mixture of "taupe and greige", suits my coloring and personal preferences much more than very warm Naked palette. The Naked2 Palette contains twelve full size eyeshadows, all of which are made of Urban Decay's revamped formula, which is said to be "richer, smoother, and velvety, the revamped formula delivers insane, crease free performance". I believe each shade is available for individual performance, if you don't want to invest in the palette, but if you like more than two of the shades, this palette is totally worth the $50 price tag. This palette also includes a dual ended Good Karma brush, as well as a baby sized Lip Junkie gloss in Naked (these will be reviewed separately). Just the eyeshadows alone give this palette a value of over $200. This palette was made in the USA but assembled in the Dominican Republic. Urban Decay calls themselves a cruelty free brand, and while that is true, the brand was recently acquired by L'Oreal (who owns a huge chunk of the beauty industry as it is), who does conduct animal testing. Several of the shades in this palette are vegan friendly. I bought my palette at Ulta, but this and other Urban Decay products can be bought at Sephora and through the brand's website.
The Naked2 Palette comes in a cushioned cardboard tray that also houses the itty bitty lip gloss. Flipping the tray over offers a description of the palette in both English and French, labeled images of each of the shades, and a full ingredient list for both the eyeshadows and the gloss. The palette it's self looks lovely, every time I catch a glimpse of it I still can't believe I own it! The palette is made of lightweight but sturdy heavy duty greige plastic. Urban Decay's logo and Naked2 are written on the palette in raised dark olive green letters. The palette opens to reveal a large, great quality mirror. Each eyeshadow is in rectangular pan is labeled. While I love how it looks, I have a couple qualms about this palette's packaging. First off, several shades are loosely glued into the palette, and both Verve and YDK fall out completely! Come on, Urban Decay, I know yinz can afford some good glue. This seems to be a common issue as well. Also, my palette doesn't like to snap shut firmly. For a $50 product from a prestige brand, I'd expect a little better quality. I travel internationally a couple times a year and would definitely be nervous about stashing my Naked2 in my luggage, despite it's seemingly sturdy outer packaging. I believe that the palette is recyclable.
Compared to the original, cult classic Naked Palette, Naked2 is significantly cooler in tone. I appreciate the variety of colors and finishes in the palette. The range really is great, it spans from an extremely light flesh toned shade to an incredibly intense black with so many gorgeous and wearable neutrals in between. Urban Decay says that this palette features taupes and greige shades, but I don't think there is a true taupe or greige in the palette. When I initially swatched the Naked2, I was kinda disappointed. The texture of all the eyeshadows felt amazing, but only some of them looked great. I immediately regretted blowing fifty bucks on an overhyped palette with whole pans of product falling out. Then I tried it out on my eyes, and my opinion changed instantly. All of these eyeshadows are perfectly pigmented and blend beautifully
The shades in Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette work so well together. There is the perfect amount of variety in color and texture. The proportion of shimmers to mattes could be a little better, but I heard that Urban Decay's mattes are high or miss, and that seems true in this palette. As a whole, the quality of this palette is phenomenal, there's only one flop, and it's still workable. All of the shades wear well. I've worn each of the twelve colors over a variety of primers and bases, and I've only had a couple incidences of creasing, most of which were probably caused by the primers or environmental factors, not product flaws. I've used Naked2 almost every single day since I bought it. I don't think I've ever fallen quite so hard for one single product before. Looking back on it, I feel so silly for talking myself out of buying this palette so many times and I can't thank everyone who encouraged me to buy it enough! The Naked2 palette is 100% worth all the hype and is totally worth the $50 I paid for it. I would repurchase this palette without question and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who is interested in this excellent palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I simply love this palette!;) I got mine for Christmas and I use it everyday. It is quite expensive but I guess it's totally worth it since the eye shadows are smooth, creamy, and really easy to blend. The brush is great as well! Even if I'm in a moving car and I can't apply it on properly, it still goes on easily! The free lip junkie is okay, I mainly use it if I need to bring a tiny gloss when I'm using a small clutch or something.

Overall, naked2 is a must have!;D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

So, I had been eyeing the Naked palate's for awhile, almost buying them but not able to handle $50. Then Ulta told me that I couldn't use the $350 in Ulta points I had saved up the last 18 months for Christmas in another state, so I decided that once I made it back to what they considered my "home" state I would be using them all up and never shopping at Ulta again. Ahem.

Anyways, this meant I could finally justify buying this. And WOW.

I've only used a handful of the colors so far, but WOW. I use Too Face's Shadow Insurance as a primer, and this stuff stays all day. Out performs my Lancome's and Chanel's and Estee Lauder's. Plus it goes on soooo smoothly. I even adore the eye shadow brush it came with. I like to use the shadows to line my bottom lid, and it stays all day. Yes, $50 is a lot of money and I can't say you HAVE to have it, but if you can swing it I think you'll be happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty goof-proof palette. Most of the colors are forgiving enough that you don't need precise application and it is very blendable. I feel you get a good amount of eye shadow in each pan, unlike a lot of drug store shadows that get used up very quickly. A big bonus is that there a million tutorials on youtube, so you can feel confident you will know how to use this palette, including the shades that look unwearable in the pan. I bought this at Ulta, and asked a salesgirl to help me decide between this and Naked 1. I was surprised to see that although I have a warm complexion, this palette was a better fit. Overall the colors in this palette seem more wearable to me. The salesgirl told me that this is more of a daytime palette which to me means more forgiving, so if you are not an eyeshadow guru this a great palette to use.
I took off a star because it is not really portable, I did not take it on vacation with me, and the 50 dollar price tag is a bit of a punch in the gut.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by KirstyGS1

I am absolutely in LOVE with this palette! I had seen a make up guru on youtube regularly use it so I purchased my own. There are 12 gorgeous colours to choose from and comes with a two sided brush and a mini lipgloss. One side for apply and the other for blending. The brush is lovely and soft and easy to clean. I used the lipgloss once and didn't really reckon much to it. The eyeshadow colours are beautifully creamy and easy to apply. The Naked 2 palette is a must for neutral colour lovers! It has now become my favourite addition to my make up collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

LOVEEEEE THIS PALETTE! I knew I would enjoy using this one over the original NAKED palette b/c my skin tone looks best with cool tones! Great product. Pigmented, smooth, goes on the eye easily!
I wish it came with an eyeshadow primer potion than a lipgloss though.... I do not use the lipgloss at all -___- what a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Seriously, everyone loves this for a reason! It's nice to have colors that are so pigmented. I have tried several MAC shadows and save and except ricepaper and copperplate there is no comparison! Urban Decay is popular for a reason and these are all of the colors this cool toned gal would have bought as singles anyway!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this palette once I figured out I was really allergic to many brightly colored eyeshadows and liners. My skin tone is about NC-10. I know that Naked 1 is preferred for those with warmer tones, but I just liked the look of these colors better.

This is a really good deal and it has a lot of colors that I use at least twice a week, if not every day (Bootycall, Half Baked, Blackout, and Verve come to mind). There are some duds for me though. For one, Foxy just doesn't show up on me at all. I've tried it several different ways but no dice. I was very excited about Tease (since it was a mid-tone matte), but it gave me a bit of bruised look. Chopper is a bit of a glitter bomb and too orange-y for me (it might have been cool to have a black or silver glitter instead).

I don't think I'll be repurchasing this. It's not that I don't like it and I don't use it (I do), but I'm not so crazy about this palette that I wouldn't want to try others out there.