October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by stefani100780

Urban Decay was the very first (non drugstore) brand of makeup I ever tried. When Naked 2 came out, I bought it within the first week. I only ever wear nude colors and couldn't have been happier that their was a part 2 to one of my favorite palettes. The colors are all beautiful and there are numerous ways to wear them. My biggest complaint is the amount of glitter that ends up on the top of my cheeks after applying. Naked 2 is perfect for nights out with friends, but I find it's a little too much for my office day job. (For that I'm a big fan of Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow collection). My favorite color out of the whole palette is YDK. I use it so much that I had to buy it separately. It's a beautiful glitter bronze that's perfect on my light-medium skin. I love the packaging and although I don't really use the brush, it really is a nice addition and of good quality. The pigmentation is wonderful and it lasts all day. (I always use UD's original primer potion underneath). I probably wouldn't buy this again just because I'm sure it's going to last me for quite a while, but I definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for the perfect night out with the girls palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lisalip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Go and buy Naked 2!!! It's better than anything else in my drawer including my Mac singles of which I have plenty. I am sold on palettes and have Sleek and Wet n Wild comfort zone (my number 2 like). Naked 2 is my go to favourite. I have to force myself not to use it and to use the others. You will not be sorry. Lovely colours, lovely payoff, no fallout, easy to blend. It's the best. If naked 1 wasn't so similar I would be buying that as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for Christmas and I must say I do love this palette. It was my very first high end item, and I pretty much love / use every color in here. I find myself reaching for this over most other eyeshadows, they are easy to apply, blend, last all day, and they're just beautiful. I haven't hit pan on any shadows yet, but when I do I would most likely repurchase. I really want to try the original Naked!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is outstanding and worth every penny! I hardly ever stray away from neutrals and have had a hard time finding a palette with shimmers and neutrals. I am all about being compact, and this has everything. Pair it with Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion and it won't budge all day. Obviously the price isn't ideal, but it is so worth it. Thumbs up Urban Decay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

HG! My go to everyday palette. Its worth every penny, the colors are beautiful and lasts all day with a primer underneath. I rotate between this one and the original Naked for different reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

what more can I say about this palette that hasn't already been said?
I absolutely love the range of shades in this palette, the quality of the shadows, pigmentation, everything. I love everything.
I never buy any other palettes, singles, trios, nothing anymore because regardless I'll end up reaching for this anyways!
oh and I kind of had a hard time finding a purpose for Foxy but I now use it to set the concealer underneath my eyes and it works like a charm, plus if I have a blemish I'll use liquid concealer then follow up with that shadow and BAM! where'd the zit go? haha
the only color I really can't see myself using is Tease, it makes me look like I've been punched in the eye lol but asides from that 1 color, the others are a complete hit.
the gloss is excellent too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

I really like this palette, in fact I like it better than the 1st one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love this palette, the colours are very versatile and would likely work for almost any skin tone. I am fairly pale and was a bit nervous as some of the shades are darker than I would normally purchase but I still find I am able to wear every shade (the black only as a liner though). Most of the shades are shimmery which I am not a fan of most of the time but they still look quite nice. The eyeshadows apply very nicely, I don't use the brush provided but I am sure it would work if I needed it. The colour stays all day and no issue with creasing, I know some people complained about issues with "tease" but I had no problems and loved the shade, that being said I apply it with a sponge applicator and not a brush which may make a difference. Wish there were a few more matte options in the palette but overall I really like it and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by LovelyBlueberry

I love this palette so much! It's my go to palette. That suits my skin color and has all the shades I need for everyday use. I like using Bootycall as a highlight. Tease is great for a natural looking makeup for school. I like using it in the crease. I would say that Suspect and Chopper are my favorite colors. If I'll run out of the eyeshadows. I will repurchase it. The only eyeshadow I don't use is Foxy. It's not visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color, I am a NW 20-25.

I was never interested in the Original Naked palette. The colors in the Original Naked threw me off - way too many dark colors that I can't use at all since I am a high school student, now going off to college this upcoming fall. I like my makeup light and professional. The colors in the Naked 2 are great! Yes both palettes have Half-Baked in them but it really didn't matter to me at all because I have never owned the Original Naked. I got the Naked 2 more than a year ago and I have a lot to say about this.

My favorite (and abused!) colors are and why:
FOXY: After I fill in my brows, I use a really pale creamy concealer on my browbone to define it more. I set it with Foxy, which is the same exact color as my skin tone. I love that it's matte too!
BOOTYCALL: After I do my eye makeup, I always add this to the inner corners to add some oomph to the eyes and on my cupid's bow to give the illusion of nice-looking lips. It's a wonderful light pinky, shimmery shade!
CHOPPER: Yes this has a crazy fallout because of the glitter specks in it. But I don't really care because this coppery color really is wonderful! When I have time, I lightly add a touch of this to my outer corners to add more color to my eyelid.
TEASE & BLACKOUT: I mix these two colors to fill in my brows. I've always filled in my brows with a pencil but using matte eyeshadows from this palette makes my brows look softer. Plus I can dump the eyebrow pencil back at home and bring this palette for multi uses while traveling. Bingo!
SNAKEBITE & SUSPECT: On a normal school day, I use my finger swiped with Suspect as a wash on my lid. I then use a brown eyeliner 2/3s on my eye starting from the outer corner (because lining the whole eye makes it look smaller to me) and then I go over the brown liner with Snakebite. It makes my lashes look great and really gives me the flirty look. It's been my daily look for a long time!
BUSTED: I love this deep brown. It's a great color to use when I am going out with friends for a dinner party! I just swipe this color with a pencil brush and use it to line 2/3s of my eye and it just looks more defined and sexy.

Of course I experiment with the other colors, but these are the ones I have used the most.

The brush that comes along with it is okay, it's not that great for picking up color. I like using the blending end of the brush to soften up my eye makeup but that's probably it. I put in my brown eyeliner in that little slot when I travel instead of the double ended brush. Also this case is very sturdy and has a big mirror in it. A+ since I love to travel during vacations! Whenever I travel, I ALWAYS bring this palette everywhere I go.
The Naked gloss is great, it has a minty smell to it (very refreshing!) and I feel like it plumps a little of my lips up. After I used that all up, I went out and got the big one! I love it!

I would have to recommend the Naked 2 if you are in a working/professional environment or you want something natural everyday because this palette has more light colors than it does compared to the Original Naked. If you're the type of person that loves to go to parties and clubs, I'd get the Original Naked. But if you're spontaneous, I'd get both of the palettes! (Why not?)

All in all, I really love this palette, and I am so glad I got it. I don't think I will have to repurchase it for another ten years or so but when I do run out, I'll definitely run out and get it!