Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/2/2013 5:52:00 AM

I ummed and ahhed for ages about whether or not to spend the money on this product. Then once I decided I would spend it I had to research which palette would suit me best. I finally ordered the Naked Palette 2 and I have not regretted it. It is my favourite palette, followed by Wet n Wild's Vanity Palette which I also love. I will be sad when I run out of bootycall, foxy, tease, halfbaked and busted. I love all the colours but those are my most frequently used colours. I like to use foxy to highlight my brow, bootycall in the inner eye, half baked on the lids, tease in the crease and busted along the bottom lashes as well as adding dimension to the crease and outer corner. These are such high quality eye shadows and to have 12 very usable shades in one palette is amazing.

on 4/30/2013 1:40:00 AM

I absolutely love this palette! The value is incredible first of all and the colors all apply wonderfully. I have the original Naked palette too but was honestly not feeling the love that so many others had for it. This palette appears to be cooler toned vss the original Naked palette and maybe that is why it it suits me better. I use this on a daily basis and am constantly trying out new looks. This is such a great buy that I'll probably just buy another palette once I hit the pan on any one of the colors. At this price point, buying UD single eyeshadows seems ridiculous unless there is some kind of major discount. As for reference, I'm a pale Asian :)

on 4/29/2013 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Personally I feel this product was not worth the hype. As a women of colour I just don't feel the shades within the palette are super flattering or even pigmented enough for my skin tone. I also would prefer a palette with more matte shades. To be honest I don't think this palette is like awful or anything is just for the price I imagined amazing thing but it really didn't deliver for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am not sure there are enough wonderful things to say about this pallette. Honestly, since purchasing it, I barely use any other kind of eye shadow, I find that most of the looks I am going for on any given day/night are able to be found in this pallete.

Not to mention how easily the shadow glides on and looks almost creamy, without being heavy at all. It also really has great pigmentation, and staying power. I find I put this on int he morning with primer underneath and it doesn't move at all the entire day, which is important since no one wants eye shadow creases. This pallette is certainly a staple in my makeup collection.

on 4/25/2013 5:41:00 PM

Overall I really like this palette. I've created a lot of great looks ranging from very casual to a bold going out eyes. The shadows are highly pigmented, and blend very nicely. My only issue is there is a bit of fallout with some of the more glittery palettes. I love that I don't really need to layer these colours at all in order for them to show up. I love that the tone of this palette is more cool than that of the original Naked palette. I have been using this almost daily for over a year and have only hit the pan just barely on the colour I use as a highlight which is foxy. Though the price tag can be a bit intimidating to some people I personally feel it is an excellent price for the value and versatility.

on 4/25/2013 4:38:00 PM

I liked the original Naked Palette, but found that some of the colours didn't work so well on me. So when this one was released, I was delighted to find that all the colours were very wearable, and while I still used some a lot more often, there were none that never got touched.

The shadows are smooth and apply easily, and used with UD's Primer Potion they last really well. There can be a little creasing after maybe 12 hours of wear but nothing like I get with other products I've tried. I don't find I have much of a problem with glitter fallout, the only shadow this is an issue with in my experience is the Y2K shade.

I don't think I'll be replacing my original Naked Palette, but I will definitely buy Naked 2 again!

on 4/24/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this palette so much! Most of the colours are very smooth and pigmented. Foxy is a yellowy, redness correcting beige with sheer pigmentation, it is better used as a blending colour than a legit eyeshadow but still has it's uses. Half Baked is a pigmented warm golden colour. I is really shimmery and a very pretty colour, although I do not like to use it on myself since it can appear very yellow. Bootycall is a cool satin- shimmer peach colour. It's awesome for putting on your lid with Tease in the crease for a really nice defined, glowy look. Chopper is a rusted bronze chunky glitter colour for which urban Decay is famous for. I dont particularly use this colour because it can look very orangey. Tease is an amazing purpley taupe crease shade. It perfectly mimics the colour of a shadow and looks really realistic when the crease is defined with it. Snakebite is a shimmery bronze colour, that almost takes on a green undertone. I dont use it much. Suspect is a bronze with silver shimmer colour with a pretty sheen. I dont use it a whole lot either. Pistol is a cool metallic grey. Verve is a super pretty silvery highlight colour. Its especially nice is you just pack it onto the center of the lid or used sheerly in the inner corners or on the browbone. YDK is a cool rose gold type colour which has a super charged sheen. It is sort of like a muted pink with silver shimmer. Busted is a plummy brown with minimal shimmer and its nice as a soft eyeliner. Blackout is a deep dark black which can be sheered out for a softer look for smoky eyes but is very buildable so you can layer for more pigmentation. Its also a very good eyeliner. All of the shades are useable and are very nice and smooth. I will definitely repurchase once I finish it up, but I will probably repurchase singles before I repurchase a whole palette since I do not use every single shade. Even though the value of the naked palette is like buying three full sized eyeshadows but, it Im going to constantly be wasting entire pans of snakebite, suspect, pistol and half baked, i would rather buy a couple singles.

on 4/23/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I so wanted to like this palette but every time I used it my face just ended up covered in glitter that is a nightmare to get off. Ended up ditching it and buying an Accessorise neutral palette which was very cheap and blows this out of the water!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never had the original Naked palette, but my friend owns one and the colours in that palette are definately more bronzy and dramatic (generally).

In saying that, this palette has a very pigmented black colour (blackout) that I use to darken my outer corner or to set or to soften my eyeliner. On the other extreme of the palette, the colour foxy is yellow toned and blends into my skin.. it doesn't really serve well as a highlighter on me at least. Bootycall is more of a neutral peach colour and is a good highlighter, but it has a satain finish.

My favourite colours in this palette are chopper which is a beautiful light shimmery coppery gold, snakebite which is a medium slightly shimmery brown and tease which is a light matte brown with almost purple undertones. Tease isn't very pigmented but I'm asian and since I don't have a defined crease, this shade is great to pop into my crease area without looking obnoxious. YDK (a shimmery, almost purple toned taupe champagne) and Pistol (satin grey) are also very nice colours.

Half baked (a light golden shade) is great for an inner corner highlight but I find verve a bit too frosty for that purpose. However, verve (a frosty silver) is very good to put on the ball of my eye to bring it out. I don't really find myself reaching for Suspect (a light taupe shade) that much as it doesnt really show up well on my skin tone. Busted which is the second darkest shade (a dark brown with plum undertones), is a great alternative for blackout on days when i want my eyeshadow to be a bit more subtle.

Would I repurchase? No because I wouldn't actually buy this for myself - I was given this as a gift for my birthday :)

on 4/22/2013 8:10:00 AM

I really love this palette. Out of the all the eyeshadows I have I tend to use this one the most in particular.
I love that the black, it comes out really dark, dark enough for me to use as an eyeliner. I have people even asking me what eyeliner I use and don't believe me when I tell them it's black eyeshadow.
Someone said you need primer to get it to stay... I'm not sure about them but I have worn this make-up while sobbing and let me just say that people stared at me in awe when they saw that not even a colored tear fell from my eye.
Overall even though this is a rather pricey set I find it to be really good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials