January 29, 2015 | 1669 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Vonny

I've only been using this for three days so my overall rating may change but for now I'm liking it. I have combination/oily BUT I have fine lines round my eyes (mostly dehyration and some finer age lines- the horror!) so finding a foundation that fits my needs can be tricky. This (so far) is working for me. It doesn't crease round the eyes nor does it vanish over my oily areas.

At £30 I think it is expensive but I can cover my face with just one pump so it should last a good while. Coverage I'd say is light to medium. Texture is light and fairly runny. I apply it quickly much like a tinted moisturiser followed by just apply a little blush and I'm good to go in the mornings looking fresh. I have tried applying a translucent powder over the top and that changes it from satin/dewy to a more matt finish but not 'too' matt. I like that versatility.

No breakouts so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Candystarr786

YUK! Hated it.
I bought this on a whim as I don't use foundation, I just use concealer and then finish off with a light dusting of powder. But I thought everyone needs a trusty liquid foundation so thought this would be good. As I have dry skin, I was advised to try this.
This is a very lightly pigmented foundation- I hated it. But not just that, my biggest reason for wanting to run my car over it is that it gave me an oily finish- I mean whaaat? I applied as normal and stared at an oily, greasy reflection in the mirror. Yikes I thought- another one for the bin. I also was quite disappointed that the SA gave me a foundation like 1/2 shades too dark for my skin- it looked like I had a dirty face :(
I get the idea of the dewy look and all, but this product does not give dewy, it gives greasy/ oily. I just hated it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

I used this one for quite some years. Great foundation. I have combined skin so this one works fine. Sometimes i find it a bit too greasy looking, that's why i don't use it anymore. Pretty colour base.
Avoid if you have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by brigitte031

I have dry skin so I wanted to give this product a try because I'd heard that it gave a dewy finish. Well yeah, it did... but it looked like I had applied a worthless tinted moisturizer. My face looked shiny, but it didn't cover anything. My cheeks are quite pink and I have some redness around my nose, too. This didn't cover anything! For the price, not worth it! I also had to pump like 4x and even then no coverage at all. Awful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by candapanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation!!
This is absolutely fantastic, the best foundation I've tried for my very dry skin. I was using MAC studio sculpt but it wasn't working for me & emphasised dry patches on my skin. The Vitalumiere is more runny than i'm used to, but makes my skin look fresh & glowy. It sinks into my skin & evens out the tone, also covering redness around my nose & dark circles ( I find I don't need concealer ). It moisturises and covers well on my dry patches (nose and forehead). I have had comments since I've started using it that my skin looks nice & what foundation do I use, so that can't be bad!
A bit pricey at 28.00, but I think it's worth it as I'd say it's skin perfection in a bottle!
xo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried three Chanel foundations now, and the only one I would go back to is the liquid TI. This stuff looked great when the man at the Chanel counter applied it, but he used a few other products on me as well. When I apply this, it looks great for about an hour. Then it starts to oxidize on me, and I end up with a yellowy, too dark foundation. Not cute! It also makes my t-zone an oil slick, which no amount of powdering fixes - it just reverts back to an oily mess. This was an expensive mistake on my quest for an HG foundation, tossed aside for the new Dior Nude foundation. The packaging is very nice, however, I don't think I'll be returning to Chanel foundations. There is better stuff out there that costs much less.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Esmer88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation! I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and have never been able to find a foundation that would give me medium coverage with out breaking me out or clogging my pores.Then I found this and it does the job! It's moisturizing, I found my perfect shade (medium sand) and it does not clog my pores, it also does a great job at covering mild acne blemishes and spots. Overall I would definitley reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by fidigum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! The formula works really great with my skin, it looks so natural! Covers everything that needs to be covered, my skin looks fantastic. I had been using a MAC foundation, but after getting tired of it not helping my skin, I switched. Great choice.

My only problem is that the color is a bit too dark for me. I bought the lightest shade they had, a 15 and it is a bit too tan for me, but someway, it works well. My MAC foundation matched better my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think Chanel generally does great foundations, along with their lipsticks and nail polish (minus the chipping). They are expensive but always done up in sleek and elegant packaging. Picking a foundation is always a headache and I've tried only 4 so far - I generally have good skin and only wear foundations on nights out or when I feel ugly LOL. Laura Mercier's was a headache to blend and felt like a mask. MAC's Studio Fix Liquid felt a little too oily and heavy for my liking.

Vitalumiere is a moisturising foundation that provides medium-full coverage and provides a nice glow on my skin. The texture is on the watery side but I believe this makes it a dream when blending with a foundation brush. In London, this foundation is just about perfect for a special night out! However, it is far too moisturising for me now that I've moved back to a tropical climate and have put it up for swap :( Oily skin girls should beware as well as those who live in a more humid climate. Also, the fragrance contained in this foundation is very strong and I can always smell it throughout the night! My nose is quite resilient to scents and perfumes but if you have a sensitive sense of smell, I suggest you try it on for a couple of hours first.

One last thing, 20 Clair is getting a little too dark for me and it is already the lightest colour available in London. I believe they have 5 and 10 on the Asian markets but will have to confirm this when I'm at a Chanel counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Isa02138

Used this for a few years, then switched to Chanel Pro Lumiere. Love the adjustable coverage and flawless look it gives my face. Semi-matte, with just enough luminosity and SPF 15, doesn't settle into the lines ... Thank the Good Lord! I'm medium fair (more fair than medium) and use #20 CLAIR/Cameo, Intensity 1.0.