Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

This cleanser just didn't work out for me. It didn't improve breakouts at all, and I felt like it wasn't getting my makeup off either, and I don't use long lasting makeup. I tried using this up in the shower and actually think it was starting to break out the skin on my chest and back a little. Left my skin feeling oilier than usual during the day. Not something I will buy again.

on 7/8/2008 10:25:00 AM

so the foam is like water when you clean your face it feels like you didnt do much it didnt dry it or i guess helpit but after using it for 5 months i saw my skin tone better and my face felt dry smooth i wont buy it again because it didnt really clean my face it just made it a lil better and for 7 bucks id rather buy something else

My bottle leaked . Overall i think this is a good product for blemish-skin only. It worked for me, but it didn't rid of my acne

on 6/21/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This wash is really light, but it gets the job done, and I love the foaming action. It also seems to hydrate the skin without making it greasy. Wonderful product!

on 6/20/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only thing i like about this cleanser is that it is easy to wash off. it doesn't really do anything for my skin except cleanse it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser for about 6 months now. I am on my second bottle because the pump on the first one broke. I only use this cleanser at night and afterwards I use the lotion from this line. It has worked better than most drugstore cleansers that I have purchased in the past, but it is still not capable of ridding all of my acne.

on 6/6/2008 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the Aveeno Clear Complexion line after reading reviews for it in magazines. Unfortunately, the only thing that this product has going for it is the price. I did find it better than most drugstore brands, but not by too much. This cleanser, at times, was a bit too drying. Although I liked that it gave my oily face a proper cleanse, I didn't like the dry, tight feeling I got afterwards.

on 6/2/2008 1:40:00 PM

I have oily, breakout prone skin.

This cleanser is great for getting rid of makeup at the end of the day, but it can be drying. I use it twice a day and have found that, with a salicylic acid cream, it's cleared up most of my breakout areas.

However, because it is a little harsh, I've had to start using a calming night cream to counter act some of the redness. It's a fair trade off for me, since it's the first cleanser that's even remotely gentle that's been able to control my breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldnt buy this again just because I love trying new products. That said the foam is really fun and I think this cleanser is super gentle and natural.

on 5/16/2008 11:56:00 AM

I didn't like this product because it was too light. It came out as an airy foam, which seemed to almost disappear if I tried to wash my face with it. It only contains 5% salycilic acid, not enough for my mild acne prone skin. Plus I feel the need for an exfoliant. This just felt like I was barely washing my face. I loved the pump container though, it's the perfect dispenser. If the product was more substantial, I might have liked it more.