August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by simplyviki

I didn't like this product because it was too light. It came out as an airy foam, which seemed to almost disappear if I tried to wash my face with it. It only contains 5% salycilic acid, not enough for my mild acne prone skin. Plus I feel the need for an exfoliant. This just felt like I was barely washing my face. I loved the pump container though, it's the perfect dispenser. If the product was more substantial, I might have liked it more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jsonnet98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product pretty much did nothing for me. I've been using Neutrogena's 3 step acne on and off for the past 3 years, but I decided I wanted to try this cleaner b/c I'd read that acne-prone people shouldn't use an exfoliator every day.

But this did nothing but dry my skin out ! I wish I couldn't agree with that reviewer who says her oil-blotting papers stick to her skin, but unfortunately I do! The product also dries my hands out too. For some reason, washing with this has also left lots of mascara gunk IN my eyes! This has never happened with another cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another useless product from Aveeno. I have absolutely no luck with this brand. I bought it in a whim last summer - I was staying a few days at my mom's place and I was out of facewash so I ended up buying this foaming cleanser at the drugstore nearby.

I can tell the difference when I use this - it does absolutely nothing special. I think I could use only plain tap water to wash my face and it would be exactly the same. I also find that it doesn't clean that well. The foam is a good idea, it's light and refreshing, but I don't feel that my face is cleaned and free of makeup - so I use it in the morning instead. The lather is average - not extremely foamy nor thick but has a good consistency - and I need at least 2 "pumps" to have the proper amount of product to wash all my face. It didn' help my skin in any way but to be honest it didn't make it worse either. I will try to use it up, but if the bottle is not finished in June when I'll be moving in my new appartment, I won't be saddened to throw it in my trash can!!

Now I'm fed up - no more Aveeno stuff for me. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by hannax33

it didn't do much.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by stephk13

I thought this product would work alot better. My skin isn't very sensitive at all. This product left my skin really dry, and after using it for a few weeks, i had pimples where i usually don't get them like my cheeks and such. This product did absolutely nothing for my skin, and may had even made it worse than it already was.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use one or two pumps of foam, so this has lasted me about almost a year. It works great as a general makeup remover, but doesn't do much as a cleanser for my complexion. I still break out, and my T-zone reverts to its greasy state within several hours. I'm looking into Aveeno's ultra-calming cleanser next.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by coloryouclingto

I like this product, but I don't love it and have decided not to re-buy after I use it up. I love how tight it leaves my skin feeling after I use it (I know, not a common thing to *like*, but it makes me feel like my face is ultra-fresh and clean), and the smell isn't offensive, also the foam is really fun (and very abundant!). What I don't like about it though is that it does nothing to really keep my skin from being greasy. By lunch time my skin is greasy as always so I can't see how it is doing anything to help my complexion.

UPDATE: once you use about half the bottle, it becomes a HUGE PAIN TO PUMP ANY MORE OUT. what a waste.

ro for pic of one pump of it and the bottle.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie7icecold

This worked great for me for about 2 weeks, and then my face was oily and started breaking out again. I think it dried out my skin so much that it eventually started overproducing oil. Oh well. I really wanted it to work for me, but alas it did not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_catastrophe521

I loved the lathering quality of this cleanser and it leaves my face super soft afterwards. Unfortunately i don't think it's helped me acne at all... it's not TOO drying but as it is the middle of the winter i do tone and moisturize afterwards.. overall it's just okay (doesn't get wp eye makeup off unfortunately) the best quality is the softness of my face afterwards

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by susie312

This is just okay it didn't really help my skin too much, but it didn't make is worse either. it just keeps your skin the way it is. nothing special.