July 31, 2014 | 1880 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

I am extremely pleased with this product. I use the oily/combination type and I really like the matte finish it provides. I pour a little bit of product on my hands and use an e.l.f. powder brush to apply the foundation. A little goes a long way. It's pretty thick in consistency and the coverage is quite good, so you really don't need a lot. That being sad, you definitely want to make sure you blend it in really well. It definitely lasts a long time for me and I never touch it up. I don't use anything to set my makeup either. It provides medium to full coverage. Doesn't cause any break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I still remember when I bought this foundation a few years ago. I was a hardcore BE user and was so used to my makeup melting off my face and dissapearing after 2 hours and needing to completely reapply it multiple times during the day. I was at my boyfriend's and ran out of foundation so I went to the drugstore and bought this. I wore it the next day and had such a busy day I didn't have time to check up on my face until late afternoon. I was seriously shocked to see that my entire face still looked perfect. Even my blush was still exactly how it looked as when I had applied it in the morning. I swore off mineral makeup then and there.

Since I switched to liquid, I have tried countless other foundations. Probably every foundation sold at Sephora, Armani and all the Chanel's.. I keep coming back to this one. Not only is it relatively inexpensive, but no other one seems to offer the solid wear time without looking thick and cakey.

I also like having the option between the oily skinned version and the dry skinned formulation. I have normal-ish skin and the oily skin one gives a more matte finish, great for hot humid days. The dry skin version has a satin/natural finish, great for every day and winter.

I will always have a bottle or two of this foundation in my stash and rotation, it really is excellent.

I am in-between NC15-20 and Buff 150 is a dead on match. The oily skin formulation is slightly yellower and ever so slightly paler that the dry skinned version, which is more neutral.

As a side note, I noticed many people saying it is thick. I find it to be the same thickness as MUFE HD foundation. Not thin, not thick, just normal. Thick foundation to me is Estee Lauder Double Wear and MAC Studio Fix. Colorstay is definitely nowhere near as thick as those two.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by arione

I decided to try this foundation after MAC's studio fix fluid in NW15 suddenly became too dark on me (I think they changed the formula). After reading reviews on how pale revlon is I decided to try it even though I had read some reviews that the foundation felt heavy. However, I think this foundation is brilliant! No where near as heavy as studio fix, it's a better colour match for my fair skin, doesn't make me break out and provides excellent but natural looking coverage. All for half the price of MAC studio fix. I am officially converted. Also for all fair skinned people, I have tried everything from mac to bobbi brown looking for the right shade and finish, and this is definitely one of the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

LOL. I was laughing so hard at the previous review about this makeup making it thru sand storms, blow torches. I want to add a few more like hurricane, tornado, and tsunami. should you wash ashore, your makeup will be intact ready for news reporters. This makeup is very thick. I don't feel comfortable with it either. I feel like I am a different person. Perhaps the mask the Phantom of the opera wears. You got to give this makeup credit for lasting so long. I look hideous with it on. Dry, pruney, sticky, unspreadable. You got to be quick or you'll stuck looking like you just had a mud fight. I don't like it for myself but I am glad it worked out for others.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

you know that gross feeling you get when you wear that thick halloween makeup? yeah thats what i get when i wear this. I'm not sure why this is so popular. but i feel like I'm wearing a mask or something, and for me i cant stand that. then it wasn't the right color. lightest shade was much too dark for me. and this sets like no other, I'm one of those girls that likes to take her time to really blend the foundation in, you cant do that with this oh no, this stuff will set as your trying to blend it in with either a brush or your hands leaving you with splotchy results. one thing is for certain once this stuff is on its on, and will last through water, soap, blowtorches and sandstorms.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WE want a pump for this foundation here in Canada!!!! (I heard that they have a pump in Europe but they raised up the price a bit) If I wear this daily I would always mix it with my moisturizer making it sheer, so that it would feel light on my face, unless I'm going somewhere formal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

I have fallen in love with the revlon colorstay all over again! I haven't bought this foundation in about 2 years and it seems like I always come back to it. It has pretty good coverage and controls my oily skin very well. I also like how it feel so lightweight on my face. My only complaints would be that the foundation dries fast and can become cakey if too much is applied. However, I recommend this foundation to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by WigglesandWerk

I've been using this as my foundation for over two years. It works so well with my oily and acne prone skin. in fact, i think it has helped keep breakouts at bay. Lasts all day, I just pat and smooth it on in the morning fix it with powder and I'm set for a full day at work with minimal touch ups for evening outings.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by PShanahan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't hate this but I don't love it. I would class this as a very good drug store foundation but I don't think it compares to high end. My skin is normal to slightly dry and I got the version for this. Unfortunately I found it a bit too drying. I agree though that it does have good staying power. I found the packaging annoying and think it needs a pump. I think that next time if I was stuck and needed a drug store foundation I'd go with Bourjois healthy mix

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sneakieme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It last all day. It does have some oxidation on my skin.....so it will get a little orange by the end of the day. However, I get that with any foundation I wear. Will continue to buy this.