April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Willow1860

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon ColorStay Foundation (for oily/combination in Caramel) is my first purchase of a drugstore foundation since the mid-90s. Previous drugstore brands would break out my skin, did not match my complexion well, and left me very shiny by the middle of the day. Due to all the reasons listed, I stopped using them and switched to Mary Kay, BareMinerals, and finally Estee Lauder's Double Matte in Warmest Ginger. I've been using Revlon ColorStay for the past couple of days and so far so good. No breakouts. Minimal shine. I can't say that there's no "glimmer," but in comparison to EL's Double Matte, Revlon's CS is a winner! Overall, I like it and will probably purchase it again. The packaging leaves a bit to be a desired as the product doesn't slide easily from the bottle. I haven't used any foundation that comes with a pump, but I've read other reviews that sing the pump's praises. I think this product could be a tad more liquified or have a pump...something that will make it easier to retrieve. I apply with a sponge instead of using my foundation brush. Once I'm able to remove it from the bottle, the foundation blends very well to my face. I'll update in a few weeks to see if the love affair continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin but purchased this foundation in the dry/normal skin formula. I had hoped that this would replace my Covergirl Clean foundation which I love but broke me out. I really wanted to like this but the coverage and lasting power just wasn't enough for me. I find myself having to apply much more concealer after application to cover up my acne scars, and by the end of the day this fades a lot. It definitely doesn't last 24 hours, I'd say maybe 6 at the most. Otherwise, the packaging is good and it hasn't broken me out yet. Also it doesn't make my skin as oily as the Covergirl foundation. But if you're looking for full coverage this isn't your match.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

What can I say this is my go-to (not necessarily my HG) foundation. its medium-full coverage (still doesnt cover my melasma spots :( ) but is a great all around no fuss everyday foundation. Its the one I wear every day to work, a no-brainer because I know it will last all day long, has the SPF (even though i have to apply sunscreen every few hours) and won't transfer (i use the phones a lot at work). I think I've been using this one off and on for the last 15 years. I'm still the same shade, sand beige.
    One irritation about this foundation is that when my skin is extra dry this settles into lines AND with a few different formulations out there over the past two years or so the color match is off. So there's one with spf 6, one with soft flex, one with no spf and one with spf 15 (this is my favorite!) i have to be very careful when purchasing that i am purchasing the right formulation.
    This lasts 8-12 hours and does look better throughout the day. A repurchase.
    Revlon, please add a pump in the U.S. !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by weddle01

I love, love, love this product. Have used it for years! Always get compliments on my make-up. I have freckles and this covers them wonderfully. Have tried all the expensive dept. store brands and always come back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation I have actually repurchased....and driven all the way down to the states to buy cuz it's like half price at walmart (it costs 20 bucks here in Canada...lucky us)

I don't think it's full coverage especially speaking from a girl who has a whole bunch of acne scars that are brownish purple ish in colour cuz I have naturally tanned skin
    It's more like a medium coverage but can be almost full coverage ish if you pack it on and you pat it on with your fingers though
    It offers more coverage if you get a shade or two darker than your natural skin tone for obvious reasons....which is what I did

It does stay on though and I have oily skin too and when I'm wearing this I do notice there's so much less oil as compared to when I use other foundations like the nyx hd foundation BUT I have a huge problem with my makeup fading and it fades away after 7 hours on my cheeks and I can see the scarring but then again it's 7 hours :( I don't think I would have that problem if I used more of the foundation though cuz I use it sparingly

Overall, (this is for the people who are too lazy to read the paragraphs I so carefully constructed for you ;) JK) i think the staying power is pretty good as long as you use enough of the product and the coverage is medium full ish but you can definitely can a full coverage if you work in layers and pat it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

I have this in the oily/combo formula and it does do a great job at controlling oils, but it is just too thick for my liking. I am usually not sensitive to smells, but the smell of this makeup literally made me feel sick. I had to put roll on perfume under my nose. Hopefully I didn't just get a bad one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by cocadee

Medium-full coverage, long-lasting. This stuff comes in a bottle (which could annoy some) but I think the packaging's intended to make users aware of the amount of foundation being used. Also, this stuff dries fast. Use your time efficiently to blend. Little can go a long way in my experience; it didn't take a lot to cover my acne and blemishes.

However, as much as I controlled the amount of foundation on my skin, it essentially broke me out. I use this stuff everyday for work and you could see the tiny bumps that it caused under the light. Trust me, it was A LOT of tiny bumps. Also, although it was long lasting, it still felt a bit heavy at the end of the day especially since I live in a very humid country.

Overall, a good liquid foundation, but not compatible for my acne-prone/ combination skin.

3.8/5

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Stevie1602

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read reviews and this was voted the best for full coverage. So I paid £13 for it and I hate it. The coverage is medium. It's sticky and it's unbuildable. I have acne scars and I have medium coverage foundations that give better coverage that this one. I was so disappointed. I thought I would finally find a decent foundation. I was wrong. And now £13 is down the drain.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I have the oiliest skin possible. By noon most days my foundation is starting to look pretty meh and and that draws attention to my trouble spots (I tend to break out around my chin). I read a bunch of reviews of Revlon Colorstay and when it went on sale at my CVS I thought "Why not?". First day I thought I had found a miracle product. I won't say it lasted all day and totally prevented shine, but it was a HUGE improvement. Day 2 I was less impressed. I started to get small clogged pores on my chin which is weird for me - usually I have perfect skin texture with 1-3 bigger zits - I never get clogged pores and rarely get smaller pimples. All of those clogged pores turned into small whiteheads that took a week to go away. I threw this in the trash immediately. Keep in mind, I do NOT have sensitive skin. I have never broken out from any drugstore makeup before either. If your skin can handle the pore-clogging effect, I think this is a great product, but if you are even a little bit acne prone beware! Also this is definitely a product for "full coverage" - if you want the natural look stay away because this can look a little bit cake-y (which I what I want, since my skin needs full coverage).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My local drugstore was having a great sale on Revlon and I wanted to try my first longwear foundation, so I picked up ColorStay for normal/dry skin. The color range was nice and I found a good match with Nude. Once home, I tried a swatch on the back of one hand; it stayed on through several handwashings and even washing dishes without gloves. Tenacious! The next day I tried out a full face. My cheeks felt sort of warm all day, and I could feel the makeup tightening and pulling on my face. When I washed it off that evening (I used my daily cream cleanser -- twice, just to be sure I got it all off) my face felt raw; when I put on my nightly moisturizer, it BURNED! Into the trash ColorStay went.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No