Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 6/18/2013 10:02:00 AM

I don't know if I would buy this again. I wore it out one night.... and it stayed. I had to scrub like crazy to get it off after about 8 hours of wear. Buuuuut. I felt it looked to cakey. I know that with it being for oily skin that is probably intentional but by skin is no oily when I put the make up on. It gets oily after say 2 or 3 hours. I bought shade 220 and it was to a little to light but did not look bad at all after I put bronzer on in an 'E 3'. Again I say, however, I looked like a ghost in picture. Scary. There were grudge jokes.... So I would not wear again if I am going to be photographed.

on 6/16/2013 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It works fine, but the packaging makes it either unsanitary or very messy to use. It's just a bottle and too liquid-y to pour onto the back of your hand. I feel like it smells funny too, like chemicals or something. I know it's not age because it's pretty new.

on 6/16/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Didn't really like it. Maybe the shade was off but it did seem to match my skin ok when I looked in the mirror, but when I took photos with a flash I always had a white cast all over my face which didn't match my neck at all. Made it really obvious that I was wearing thick foundation. I ended going back to L'oreal True Match which matches my yellow/olive complexion perfectly.

on 6/15/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've used this foundation for the past 8 years & it's absolutely amazing! I've tried other foundations (both drugstore & high-end foundations) throughout the years & I have yet to find something that comes close to this foundation. It's easy to apply, there's such a large selection of skin tones to choose from (also offers dry skin or combination/oily), plus it's super cheap (used to be $14 & I've been seeing it sold for about $9 in the past year). It has great coverage without being cakey (most people can't even tell that I'm wearing any foundation because of how natural it looks!). The only reason I gave it a 4 for packaging was because I prefer dispensers. I'm obsessed with it & would probably die if I were to hear that it was ever discontinued. Revlon Colorstay Foundation fo lifeee <3

What is the big deal about this foundation!!???!!?? I have even heard people compare it to M.a.c!? Ehhh no! It was so terrible even with primer on! I was so angry that I spent €18 on it aswell! Doesn't cover redness from spots or red cheeks! Really thick and gloopy application with or without a foundation brush! I urge people to try something else and If you are buying it because you think it compares to Mac don't! It doesn't compare to the high end brand in any shape or form!

on 6/15/2013 2:48:00 AM

Quality: I got this foundation in the Combination/Oily 24 hour one simply because there were no other options around. This has a really nice high coverage but needs to be blended in quickly. I don't normally use high coverage foundations, but when I sheered out the coverage with a moisturizer it still gave me a really good light-medium coverage.

Price: I got this product on a discount, but considering the original price of this foundation it seems reasonable for the quality :)

Packaging: Surely everyone knows what the main issue with Revlon's packaging is--the absence of a pump. This makes getting product out of the bottle more tedious and messy, and sometimes product is wasted. So the packaging of this product isn't exactly the best and most efficient.

In conclusion, the price of this product is justified by the quality of this foundation, but the packaging is the main flaw I see.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

WARNING: The 24 hour version of this isn't the same formula that people rave about. This used to be a great product, but it's been reformulated and the ingredients on the back have changed quite a lot.

The 16 hour formula is the one that everyone raves about. The new 24 hour formula sucks and ironically does not "stay put" like the original. If you purchase the 24 hour one and ask yourself "Yuck, why do people like this so much?" keep in mind that it's a totally different product.

I'm sad the old formula is phasing out, it was my HD. :( Guess I'll have to find an alternative.

16 hour formula- 5 out of 5

24 hour formula- 2 out of 5 (It really is horrible)

on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this about a dozen times. My base routine is Cerave PM moisturizer, Elta MD physical sunscreen, then whatever foundation I'm using that day. Typically I'll use a UD optical blurring brush, though I use my fingers pretty often too.

The foundation stays on me all day but causes an awful lot of flakes on me and by the time I get home just looks generally weird. My application is very light-handed, meaning I use a pea-sized blob on the back of my hand, from which I dot my face in a few strategic locations and then blend out fast. When that's done, I'll add more to cover the odd pimple, that mole I dislike, etc. There's almost always a little to be wiped off at the end of application.

I've used fingers, brush, disposable sponges and none of these produced good results for me. I've sheered the foundation out with my Cerave and with my Laura Mercier oil-free TM and neither worked. Maybe I should be using more instead of less, but the more I use the more physically irritating the experience of wearing the foundation is for me.

I would have stopped using this base even if it'd looked good because I experience intense itching and tightness a while after application that lasts until I take it off. It's very unpleasant and I don't have the sort of willful masochism in me that it would take to endure such for the sake of good-looking skin.

My skin's unusually sensitive, so I'm not at all surprised that my result is different from most people's. I hope they never discontinue something that gives good results for so many. I will say that this product keeps me very matte from morning 'til night, which is a quality I prefer in my foundations.

on 6/12/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin & find this is one of the only foundations to have staying power. Great buildable product with maximum coverage- it really disguises any redness. Great value for money- id say the best low end foundation on the market.

on 6/12/2013 11:22:00 AM

Great foundation! Love how natural it looks and how long it lasts. Great, buildable coverage.