April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super+ BB Cream Pink Label

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BB Cream Skin 79 Super BB Cream Pink Label is a light absorbable facial moisturizer, which brightens you skin and helps resist signs of aging.

Re: Arbutin.
Is a a Hydroquinone derivative isolated from the leaves of the bearberry shrub, cranberry, blueberry, some mushrooms, and most types of pears. Because of arbutinís hydroquinone content, it can have melanin-inhibiting properties.

Ligtening skin cream with arbutin are very know in Asia and Japan, because it ihibits tyrosinase activity. Arbutin reacts gently on the skin and does not cause irritation. Itís a good anti- bacterial and anti Ė inflammatory ingredient. It is used also to cure allergic inflammation of the skin, prevent pigmentation. It can be also use to prevent liver spots, freckles, regulate melanogenesis and sunburn marks.

Note:
Hydroquinone and Mercury can be very dangerous for health of the skin. An alternative to this two can be Arbutin. Arbutin is a naturally occuring derivative of hydroquinone found in the leaves of cranberry, bearberry, and blueberry shrubs, most types of pears, and many other plants.

Arbutin can cause cancer in combination with a bacteria, although there are claims that Arbutin can reduce cancer risk. There are still studies what can in combination with Arbutin can cause cancer.

However Arbutin is safe and very good skin lightening agent for external use. It has three functions such as skin lightening, anti aging and UV protection. It infiltrates quickly in the skin without affecting cell multiplication and prevent forming melanin. Another function of arbutin is to protect skin from damages caused by free radical.

Read more about Arbutin:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mootboot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first BB Cream and I love it so far. Been using it for a few weeks and no break-outs, plus it gives great light-medium coverage, sunscreen, and makes my skin look better even when I'm not wearing any. It matches my skin tone pretty well (NC20) and doesn't make my skin flip out. The best part is that it looks super natural throughout the day, but still covers up red acne scars and makes my skin tone so so so even.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this, but it seems like after a few weeks of regular use, my skin looks.. lighter?

I like using a beautyblender sponge to apply the cream, though I'm sure other makeup sponges will work just as well. It is a bit difficult to remove, but I use cold cream and it comes off like a dream. Do beware of fakes, if you google 'fake skin79' you should be able to find a bunch of websites that give you tips on how to tell the real thing from a fake.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL! If you're fair to fair/medium, then this is the redness annihilator! I've seen reviews for this on youtube and before/after pics online. They don't do this product justice. This is one of those rare products that photographs well but looks 1000x better in person. I'm light-skinned with a general pink hue and terrible ruddiness on my cheeks. I have been using Estee Lauder Doublewear for the past few years, and it does a great job of covering redness and blemishes on the first pass. HOWEVER, it cakes easily and it's extremely drying. Though I apply the DW with a very light hand and a dampened makeup wedge, it's still obvious I'm wearing makeup. This Skin79 BB Cream? UNDETECTABLE! I took a before/after pic, and you'd swear that my skin was blurred in photoshop. It doesn't make my skin perfect. I'm not going for perfect with a BB Cream. I just wanted it to make everything better, and it exceeded all expectations.. AND this particular Hot Pink line offers moisture while remaining matte - even in the humid heat of summer in Miami - plus an SPF of 25 AND it supposedly fades dark spots and wrinkles in the process. I cannot get over how remarkable this product is! Upon seeing the results in person, my grandmother insisted I purchase 2 bottles for her - she's in her 80's and plagued with broken capillaries on her pale skin. I'd say it's a bit darker than her skin, but it blended easily and she likes the color. It goes on grey, but don't be alarmed - it will change to flesh color as it's applied. My best friend, a guy, who hates the slight rosacea on his cheeks but was never able to find something that wouldn't look like makeup, is having this overnighted to him. I'm telling you, if redness is an issue for you, then you must try this stuff. I've read some reviews in which people purchased fake Skin79 Hot Pink BB Creams that broke their skin out, so my advice is to either buy directly from Skin79 or read the seller's profile on Amazon carefully. I'm an avid eBayer, but I would not purchase this from eBay. It's very affordable, and very easy to find. I purchased mine on Amazon for $14 though some were priced at $9. I went with the more reputable seller, and I'm glad I did.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the gold version but I'll review it here, I'm not too sure there's too much of a difference between one and the other anyways. I liked it, coverage is lighter than a foundation which is what I want. However, it was barely the right shade for me in the winter and I have darkish NC30 skin in the winter. In the summer in this southern sun it's absolutely impossible for me to wear, I get REALLY dark! I hate getting really dark but I also hate living in a cold place, so I guess I just have to put up with having dark skin in the summer. I wore it once in the wintertime but even though I liked it, because I was working at a job where I couldn't wear make-up, I didn't use it again. Used it once in the summer to go out but it just so didn't work, even though I combined it with a darker foundation. It still looked like I was wearing a white mask, even mixed with the darker foundation. I hate getting a tan!! So, recommend for pale people and people who don't tan or who tan too much naturally (like me) but live up in the Arctic. What I really did looove about the packaging, however, was that it comes with a cream blush (the gold version) in the cap that is just absolutely the PERFECT colour for me! I love that blush! I wish they'd sell it apart. (The last time I checked their website they did sell a separate blush but it was a different shade.) I don't usually wear blush, because it looks so fake, but this blush didn't look fake at all, it looked natural, like it was me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay I finally get to join everyone on the BB Cream bandwagon and I have to say I totally see why this is such a popular product. A. I love the packaging the 40 grams is small and perfect for travel as well as the 5 gram. B. It will last forever because you only need a little bit. I half pump and I was good. I used the excess to cover red spots things like that. I can't believe how good it feels on my skin!

I usually hate products with sunscreen but not this which is great because I'm using Retin A. It also doesn't make me breakout and it is very light weight. I bought my big bottle from a US vendor and it has the sticker of authenticity and everything checks out so I'm stoked plus the price for priority shipping was awesome. 17$ total with 3 day shipping. That's way cheaper than the 79 site. I also ordered there Scandalous Rose Vanilla Pact(got it dirt cheap at a store called bigclothcraft otherwise it goes for 20$ so I got it for 8$ and it's real:) I'm stoked to use that for when I'm out for a long day. This is the perfect beach makeup it won't ruin your skin like some sunblocks can make me breakout.

I am very happy with this product and have a gold and orange sample to try. If only my Missha face wash and BB cream would come so I can review that. Otherwise I love this I bought the 5 gram sample for my sister she's so excited this really is a fabulous product my skin is looking so much better so I would think it works. I will be a user of this as long as I can get it I think it's so much better than foundation!!! Yay cause I'm not a fan of it but need it oh and the coverage perfect for my very fair skin NC-15.

My skin does not feel heavy it feels like soft skin. I do truly have combo/sensitive skin and so far my skin loves it. I love it and now understand why they are so popular I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner.

All in all I do really recommend it. My pale skin looks so good not ORANGE! That in itself is awesome and worth it because even the expensive products that oxidize sometimes do not as well as the Hot Pink does. Try it ladies it's really not hype it's something we should have had ages ago!
Remember buy from Korea it's not fake if it's from Korea as they do not have fake products there. Just an fyi in case anyone wondered.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Novemberbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The Skin79 got lots of great reviews but sadly it did not work for me.
The shade was a bit too grey, but since I only use a a bit of cream for coverage the result was still nice.

But: it broke me out like mad, plus already existing spots got worse and inflamed.
Because I hoped this was due to the hot weather I tried this again but the condition on my skin worsened.

So, no more Skin79 for me - and no, it was not a fake product as I bought it directly at a korean store (in Korea).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I ordered this on eBay and probably should've done my research about all the fake products out there. This BB goes on smooth, blends with my NW15 skintone SO well, and looks SO good. However, I got giant zits after wearing this for a week and I'm beginning to wonder (or at least I'm hoping) that I got a fake product and the real deal won't break me out.

I'll be purchasing this cream directly from Skin79 and I'll review it again. For those of you buying off Amazon or eBay, just beware that there are a lot of knockoffs of this product and it can do more harm than good to your skin.

P.S. I used my normal cleansing routine to take this BB cream off. Never had problems before. But when I was doing a peel after washing my face, I was shocked by how much product was left on my face. This stuff is REALLY hard to get off. Again, hoping it's a fake but now I'm not sure if I want to waste more of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by AllieCat95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness, new favorite product.

This is the first BB cream I have ever purchased, and I am mightily impressed. My skin is oily, a bit acne-prone, and slightly sensitive, and this, after being set with loose powder, stays matte all day long and has yet to break me out or cause any sort of unfavorable skin reaction. It isn't advertised as being water or sweat resistant, but any sort of moisture just seems to bead off without taking any of the product with it. If I dab my face with a napkin or anything the face powder might come off, but the BB cream won't.

I would say this product has medium coverage; it covers my acne scars and dark circles almost completely, but any active breakouts/freckles/etc. are still fairly visible. Still, this BB cream does tone down the redness of breakouts and makes them less noticeable, even if they aren't completely covered. Obviously, if you want to completely cover breakouts and other imperfections you can dab on a bit of concealer over the BB cream.
I purchased this product on Amazon for around $12 (with free shipping!), which I think is a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge this particular BB cream only comes in one shade, which is very pale and cool toned. From what I've read elsewhere, it does oxidize after a few minutes to better suit other skin tones, and you can make it blend in more with your own skin tone by setting it with a darker and/or warmer face powder.

As far as the added benefits, such as whitening/brightening, protection from sunlight and other elements, and wrinkle repair, after using it for a little over a week it's doing what it's advertised to do. I can't say about wrinkle repair, actually, because I'm still a teenager and thus have no wrinkles, but it has lightened my acne scars and other blemishes, seems to have brightened the tone of my skin a bit, and has protected my skin from the harsh Florida sun VERY well.

Overall, this is a pretty fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by curtainshrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first BB purchase was Etude House Mineral All Day Strong and a sample of the Hot Pink BB cream came with it. I bought it a while ago but haven't got around to trying it until now.

I saw a review on Youtube saying it was good for oily skin, so decided to give it a whirl. I was a little hesitant as the reviewer was a NC20-30 and I'm NC15 ish but it matches my skin pretty well!

It's a little thicker than the other BB cream I have tried (Etude House and Garnier) but it has better coverage as a result and is still easy to apply and blend.

I have a really oily T Zone and most make up starts coming off and looking oily after around 2 hours. This BB cream has lasted really well. I've had it on for around 5-6 hours and it is only just starting to look oily on my nose, nothing a little powder or blotting couldn't sort out!

I've just bought a sample of the Orange label after reading some good reviews and a bottle of Missha M Vita BB Cream, so I can't say for sure that I'll buy Hot Pink. It'll depend on how the others turn out, but I am really pleased with it!

To sum up...

Positives -
* Colour - Changes to skin tone. Even works on a vampire like me!
* Price - Inexpensive
* Packaging - Cute and functional
* Stay put - Stays on even my oil slick T zone!
* Texture - Thick but workable
* Coverage - Good

Negatives -
* Should have tried it sooner!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

:: Initial impressions: It applied like sunblock but a tad thicker. It has that sunblock smell but its not strong. Provides medium coverage but It does feel slightly heavy and I just applied 1/2 pump.

:: Color: Its light for my golden medium complexion (I use Golden Medium in BareMinerals and Stromboli in Nars Sheer Matte for reference) It does have that gray cast to it so it doesnt look great in pictures with flash.

:: It has great staying power and a semi matte finish. Packaging is super cute. Great Price (US$13-15). It didn't break my skin out.

Conclusion :: Great product just not my shade.