Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 2/14/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my god, this is the greatest product invented. I always had trouble with undereye concealers because even though I'm young and have oily, acne prone skin, my undereye area has tiny fine lines and sometimes is very dry. I borrowed this from my mom when I ran out of my foundation (Revlon Colorstay, I was using that as an undereye concealer) and boy was I pleasantly surprised! The texture is very watery, which is nice because it makes it almost impossible to cake up. Even though it is so thin, I find it offers excellent coverage and is extremely buildable. My dark circles are't too horrible so I apply one layer and let it dry and then apply another one, sometimes even a third if I feel I need it. THIS ALSO WORKS FOR ME AS A FOUNDATION. I was tired of using my bare minerals matte because it would leave me so oily and seemed to make my skin look worse by the end of the day. I moisturized and didn't use a primer of any sort and rolled this on all over my face and lightly blended...HOLY ****!!!! It evens out my skintone perfectly and looks like real skin! I put my Coastal Scents cosmetic microspheres powder over it and I wasn't oily whatsoever by the end of the day. It stayed on from 6 in the morning to when I got home at 2pm, and I was even able to put more on even though I had powdered my face and it still looked amazing. I don't think this will break me out. This is the greatest thing even invented. I'm still in shock.

on 2/14/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I caught this on sale for $10 at cvs. I bought the medium/deep color. It does cover my dark circles some but I still use concealer. It does give a brightening effect to my face. I would buy again. However, I think this will last a while.
update 6/12 --> I'm no longer crazy about it. I don't reach for it often, but will try to use up because I don't like to waste $$.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love love this product. I use it as a primer for my concealer. It has a slight pinky peach tint so it brightens and counter acts the blue in my under eye circles. And for me it provides a great base for my concealer to go on smoothly. I also enjoy that the roller is metal because it provides a nice cooling sensation. It does kinda conceal but I have pretty bad dark circles so I do need to still use a concealer. However if your under eye area isn't very bad I think you could get away with just using this. It last all day without creasing for me. One of my favorite products.

on 2/13/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this product! Unlike other concealers which can be either too drying or too heavy under the eye, this is very moisturizing and just instantly brightens the face. I have had this for a good 6 months now and it still hasn't run out even though I use it everyday! Will definately buy again! <3

on 2/9/2012 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really great drugstore product. I liked it a lot, my only issues with it was the color (only one option-too dark for me) and the coverage (too light, easily smears away). Besides that, it's awesome! Reasonable price, awesome applicator, smooth texture that's not cakey, quick and easy to apply especially when you're in a rush. I ended up giving it to my sister because it better suited her skin tone and she loves it and uses it everyday.

This is a good product with solid performance results. It has gotten positive reviews here on MUA and for good reason. It is very easy to use, just swipe rollerball under each eye and blend concealor with finger or sponge. The rollerball is very cooling and the pigment adequately covered my moderate undereye circles. I like that it does not seem to run, crease, or settle into lines after several hours of wear.
While it does not completely erase the look of undereye darkness and bags (it is not a miracle product as many would hope), it is definately worth a try!

on 2/9/2012 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this concealer! It is very easy to put on and it really help you if you have dark circles (like me).

My one is just to dark for my wintercolor, even though it's the fairest one i guess. :-(

on 2/2/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is my best friend. It really "lifts up" my face in the morning. The concealer feels light after applying. I love it so much that one time, I thought I lost it completely so i was going to buy another one!. Good thing I found it before buying it again. It is worth it. I have tan skin, and I thought it would look okay with my color but it totally blends in. So far, I know it s almost fit very different skin types. I know they made a darker colored one. Overall, two thumbs up!

on 1/31/2012 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice product. I've already repurchased. I don't have dark circles anymore, just puffy under eye bags without discoloration (gasp! Could this stuff be the reason I don't have dark undereye circles anymore? Quite possibly!). I do believe that after some time using this product (I've been using it almost every single day in the past year), being that it has caffeine in it, my dark circles DID diminish. I didn't think of that until I started writing this review!
I don't use this alone as a concealer, because it's a little sheer for that, and I would just like to have more coverage in that area. Also for the fact that it's a bit darker than my super pale NW15 skintone and has strong yellow tones in it. I use this as a concealer base, and it works quite well, especially for thinning out my thicker undereye concealers upon application, and making them glide across my skin easier, and not tug. When I DID use this by itself, the tint evened out my undereye area nicely, canceled out the redness, and even though it was darker than my skin, it didn't show as such, and it instantly made me look more awake. It has a nice, cooling sensation upon contact with the skin, and lasts for a few minutes. Didn't goop, cake up, or settle into the lines and make my skin look crepey or dry (though this in fact did happen if too much was used). The rollerball application is a nice, more hygienic alternative to wands or tubes. Wasn't too expensive ($13.99 at Target), given that it has quite a lot of product in it, and I'm usually wary of spending that much on a drugstore product. The only reason I had to repurchase was because I lost my first one at work, and was devastated, so I got another one that very same night. :)
My only gripe with the packaging is that product can leak into the cap quite easily, and I'm OCD about keeping my makeup products clean, and I cringe whenever I open this and there's product all over the rim and the cap. I keep this in my purse a lot for touchups, and it's come very close to spilling in my purse. But aside from that, I totally recommend this product, but if you have relatively dark undereye circles, and really want to try this out, plan on using this in conjunction with something else, just for the sake of coverage.

on 1/31/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! It does help to depuff my eye puffiness, and I love that it has a tint to it, so that I don't have to use that much concealer to cover the darkness under my eyes. I have been using this everyday for like 8 months, and it does not irritate, cake up, or dry my eyes out. I love this product, and I will definatley be buying this again!