September 20, 2014 | 1904 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by calles2

Do not buy this!!!!! This product is awful. I have medium length dark brown hair. It made my hair look more oily and dirty. It has a very strange texture to it. It also made my scalp itch. I did not like the scent either. I have tried it a few times hoping that I was doing something wrong. I feel guilty but I had to throw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Loulou78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money! My hair did feel worse after using it. It smells fresh but that is about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works pretty well and seems to boost my hair volume. I do notice grey/white cast on my hair but only if I spray to my hair closely. It doesn't completely control oily hair but it does seem to make my hair less oily in the long run and the smell is fresh floral and not nauseating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I really hate this stuff. I don't know if I'm using it wrong or what but it just doesn't do it for me. My hair is dark brown so the white powder contrasts with my hair. Its really hard to brush out and it leaves white flakes behind. It actually makes my hair feel dirtier after using it because of the texture it leaves. I will not repurchase, I can't even get through the first bottle I bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product as a volumizer! I have to agree w/the other reviewers that it does leave a sticky white residue. I hold my can 8 inches away from my scalp & spray w/ a light hand yet I still see that white stuff. It's not an issue for me because I use it solely on the underneath sections of my hair . Then I wait a few seconds and massage my scalp in a circular motion to distribute the product. Then I sprinkle a little bit of powder play from "BigSexyHair" into the same areas I used Tresemme's product, more massaging of the scalp & bust out with my teasing comb & tease my crown & sides ever so lightly. This combination gives me killer volume. I'm so pleased I discovered this stuff as a volumizer because it works well in that aspect. I would never use it as a dry shampoo because it would feel nasty & sticky & leave a whitish hue.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kahillrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work. I have normal-oily hair, the longer I don't wash it, the oiler it get's. This was one product I wanted to love. I hate having to wash my hair so often. Boy-o-boy, I was so let down. I bought this before I even knew MUA existed, so I didn't get to read all the member reviews (had I read them, I would NEVER have purchased it) What a mess this made my below-shoulder length hair, went on white and tangled when I brushed thru. The only reason I would give it one lippie is because the smell. It is a light, fresh fragrance. I swapped it and hope the person I swapped with likes it as some of the other reviewers have! It may work out better for someone with shorter hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was excited to try this on my fine, oily(ish) hair because I thought it would be an alternative to straight talcum powder. I tried it a few times (and followed the directions) and each time felt it worked worse then the last. It left white residue all over my hair and didn't seem to sop up any oil. Guess I will stick to the talcum powder after all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Never would I EVER buy this again. I have brunette hair and even when I used this product according to the directions, it left a whitish, grey cast on my roots that WOULD NOT brush out! It also didn't seem to help my hair look any different that it already did in it's one-day-dirty state! The smell was nice and its super cheap, but in my opinion, at least for my hair, I might as well have thrown my money in the trash because I threw this away after using it twice!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Usagi

Oil seems to move in on my head and I can't keep washing my hair. I kept hearing about dry shampoos and figured for 5 bucks, I'd try this one.

The first time I tried it following the directions, it looked like I had flakes all over. When I combed it all out, I still looked white and my comb was nasty. It also made my hair worse.

Fast forward a few months...

I tried it again and no white flakes came out. It was liquidy and I did short bursts on the top of my head.

I have no white flakes and my hair doesn't look greasy! Yay!!

Will I buy this product again? Sure but it won't be for awhile since I don't use up products quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

What is this stuff? Thank God I have blonde hair because I can't imagine what this did to anyone with dark hair, upon applying it gave me this discusting white residue, that was sticky and hard to brush out. This dried out my hair and gave me a lot of breakage. I do not know who this would be good for, maybe someone with extremely oily virgin hair. If you have color treated hair, highlights etc, stay away from this. Again another really crappy product from Tresemme.