October 23, 2014 | 830 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have decently pigmented lips so for me to do a nude lip is usually out of the question without looking strange. This color is so neutral that it just works somehow. It lightens up my natural lip color and allows me to do a nude lip/smoky eye which I've never been able to do before! I love it! It looks a little strange when I first apply it, but once it warms up and smooths itself out it looks great. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this at Target in the 2for1 packaging sometime last week. After hearing so many rave reviews for this color I wanted to try it out but at 7 or 8 US Dollars, it was a bit pricey for a DS item for my taste. I was waiting until it went on sale and I'm glad I did. I like the formula for these lippies but it's not the best. Very smooth, but it tends to settle into the creases of your lips if you don't exfoliate and apply some kind of chapstick before hand. The packaging is adorable, as we all know. Another plus is that the color on the top of the tube matches the color payoff perfectly! This amazed me because the lipstick itself does not appear to match but when applied it is almost exact.

Now for the cons:
    Aside from the aforementioned settling into the creases if you've got dry-ish lips, there are not that many complaints from me. The only thing is that this lippie appears to be very orange based. Which looks fine on me, because oranges tend to look natural against my skin, but if you have to avoid those types of colors, soft nude is not for you. It looks pale pink nude on me but I can see this easily looking orange on the wrong person.

I probably won't purchase more of these lippies because there's nothing special in them for me aside from the cute packaging, and I don't feel like paying up to three dollars more just for packaging. I'll stick with my Maybelline ColorSensational lippies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by princess101

Just plain awful on me, but the formula is creamy and moist. I tried using this as a layering product with other lippies, which happens to work better for me. I use it to lighten shades that are too dark or as a base for an otherwise sheer lippie, to help bring out the desired colour. Worn alone, this gives me the concealer lip look----disturbing. $10.99 CDN on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by orqnge

The colour is gorgeous. Hands down. However, the product smells too strong for my liking. Staying power isn't fantastic either. But I give it 3.5/5 (if possible :P) due to the sheer fact that the colour is gorgeous. it doesn't make you look like you're sick, like some lipsticks are capable of doing XD

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cazkitty28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this 'nude' lipstick. After seeing 'hollyannaeree's favourite drugstore top 10 products on youtube and that she loved it and wears all the time I just had to check it out myself. Well I am not normally a huge 'nude lipstick fan' but I am reformed now. This 'soft nude' lipstick is hot, I tell you hot. It not only looks amazing but it's not drying and doesn't have the dreaded 'concealer' lip look that so....... many other nudes have. Gosh 'Darling' is so not me, it is very drying and although it's staying power is good it has that 'concealer' lip look on me, not hot!!!!! So that being said this one has staying power and adding a gloss makes it look even better. I will definitely repurchase. I personally think this would suit most skin tones as it is a subtle nude.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a gorgeous color so I will give it 3 lippies. However, it doesn't work for me. I am about an NC20 (fair skin) but I have pigmented lips (darker pink). When I apply this straight from the tube, it looks like I am wearing peach colored concealer on my lips. Also, like most other nude lipsticks, it shows all imperfections like dry patches etc so you need to make sure you've exfoliated and moisturized before applying. The formula is not drying but the downside is that the staying power is weak. Still, this is a good product for the price. Finally, for D/S nude, I prefer L'Oreal's Fairest Nude over this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks horrid on me. =( I don't think I can pull off the nude lip look in general, but I still wanted to try this out anyways. I think this looks great on paler skin tones, but I have tan skin and this completely washes me out. I still love the cute packaging tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This color is true soft nude as the name says. I am pale and this basically "erases" my slightly pigmented pinky lips. It's my first nude color lipstick and I am so pleased with it. I like the texture and creaminess of it. the packaging is so cute, it reminds my of a high end Chanel lipstick with the Revlon logo etched into the lipstick and the lipstick tube has that cross stitch. That being said you should not buy a anything just cause the packaging is nice, but it's plus since this lipstick is so good. Such a nice rich nude lip color on me. I love it :) and I'm the kind of person who loves color on my lips, like pinks and reds, and deep purples, but this is a nice change for me and I like being able to play up my week with different lip colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by junethea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's hard to find a nude lipstick since I am medium-dark. This lipstick is not too light, not too peach, not too pink. It doesn't make me look like a corpse. Will def buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kikihony

the name tells all. "soft nude" very light/soft nude that can be put on any lips easily and naturally. love the texture that doesn't dry. love all revlon lip colors!!!