E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica Amorphous. (ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS.) (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER ON EWG)

on 6/9/2012 5:33:00 PM

I was literally in love with this product. It's so finely milled your skin looks FLAWLESS when you put this on. Later that day I was horrified because it casts a terrible white glow in pictures.

Sadly, this is going right back to target. Maybe if they come out with an HD powder with even a LITTLE bit of color, I will repurchase.

on 6/8/2012 1:42:00 AM

I just got this product a couple of days ago and absolutely love it! I hate having to match a coloured powder to my skin tone so this was an absolute saver as I just had to brush it on and not worry about how it would turn out. I love the finish that this powder gives to my skin, its so silky smooth when I touch my skin. A little of this goes a long way. This powder is also very good for controlling oil. I have combination skin and get super oily in the t-zone area and found it really managed my oil perfectly. My makeup stayed in place the whole day and it kept me looking matte! I would definitely recommend this powder.

on 6/7/2012 8:49:00 PM

wow. i have been using this on and off ever since it first came out, and it's just hitting me right now how amazing this is. i always thought it was superb when it came to oil control, but it also blurs acne scars, and shrinks the look of pores really well. sometimes i look at my skin after putting this powder on, and think is that really me? i've always had acne, oily skin issues, and this makes me so much more confident. the fact that is so cheap is also another amazing thing about this product. the packaging is bulky, and don't completely take the seal off as others have said. that will make it really messy. i wish this came in a more neutral color, but it's awesome.

on 6/6/2012 3:28:00 AM

I got this product a week ago!!! it is amazing, completely worth the price of 6$. I got it at my local target. I used it after my smashbox primer, and my mousse foundation. It was perfect for doing things with specific lighting! brightens the face with incandescent lighting. I love it, I only use the powder puff when touching my face, I use a large kabuki when applying! I love it... this is a new must have!! great, lightweight formula, nice packaging that is effective, (uses a sifter) I like everything about it

on 6/5/2012 11:42:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this powder.

It's a really fine white powder that I use on top of my foundation in the morning. It sets my foundation. Be sure to tap the excess out of the brush before applying to avoid a too white hue.

The packaging is horrible. Mine doesn't even fully close and with a fine powder like this I get powder all over the counter every time I use it.

on 6/2/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder is a mess. It's not a hot mess, but it's a mess. You could do worse. It is matte. It is fine.
But ultimately, it's a small amount of fine white powder in bulky packaging that does not do a lot for me.
It's not a total dupe of the MUFE; it has dimethicone as well as silica, which makes it a bit heftier. It blurs pores to a point, but it doesn't make my skin feel better and it doesn't address a lot of textural issues. It's less blendable than pure silica. It is so drying. If you like silica powders, check out Coastal Scents' spheres instead.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am nw45/nc50 so WOC don't be afraid to use this powder!!
So after having this powder for a while now, I have finally made use of it. I usually set my foundation with my loreal true match powder but being that is very hot here in the south, it was starting to melt even after mist. I read the reviews of how ELF HD Powder is great at controlling shine and I decided to go ahead and use it. I have dry skin but this summer I have been having some oily spots throughout the day and this does a great job of keeping my face matte. I didn't have to blot or touch up at all. I used a very LIGHT hand and buffed it into my face using my ELF kabuki brush. The only thing I dont like is the twist top with the puff. Other than that this powder is perfect!

on 5/28/2012 2:51:00 PM

My favourite setting powder! Makes my skin look completely flawless. I press it over my foundation with the powder puff that comes with it, then knock off the extra with the elf total face brush. Cannot recommend enough. Never looks cakey or white, however, I do use a very light hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I adore this setting powder! It leaves my skin looking/feeling silky smooth and prevents shine for most of the day. It helps to minimize the appearance of my rather large pores and never gives me a 'clogged up' look like most powders do. I personally love the fact that it lightens my foundation colour slightly, I am very pale and most foundations are still a little too dark for my skin tone.
The only negative is that the packaging could be better - I lose a small amount of the product every time I use it, but it's very cheap to buy thankfully.

on 5/23/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the worst ELF products I've bought. I bought this because I read all the positive reviews and wanted to try it for myself. Unfortunately, this just didn't work for my skin. First off, the packaging is terrible - I found it really difficult to open because it was a screw top not a lift off top, but then again I'm a bit blonde! When I finally did get it open the powder went EVERYWHERE! I tried using only a very small amount as it being a white coloured powder I was afraid that it would turn my face white but even at that it seemed to lighten my foundation, which is not a good look when you're as pale as I am. It feels like it would be very mattifying so might be good for oily skins, but I found it very drying on my dry skin. The only good thing is I tried it underneath the eye area and it really set my concealer well, so all was not lost!

Recommended for Normal Skin