E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I completely agree with what shimmerlove said about this powder. I have very oily skin with big pores and acne scars. I even have dry patches on my cheeks because of the benzoyl peroxide that I put on to treat my acne. This powder blurs all of that and makes me look magical...haha. I feel much more confident knowing that this is on my face. I set my foundation with this and it keeps me oil free for at least 8 hours. If I see oil coming through I just pat a bit of this and BAM! No more shine. I will repurchase this over and over again.

on 6/29/2012 2:55:00 PM

I had been using MUF HD powder for over a year when I discovered this for, what, 1/5 of the price? Fantastic product, just as good as MUF in my experience, and I am so glad I found this.

on 6/26/2012 2:46:00 PM

This powder is simply amazing! Cannot believe the price...Better than Make Up Forever and Smashbox HD powders put together. Goes on like a dream and lasts throughout the day setting makeup invisibly. Please keep making this one E.L.F. !!!

I only wish they would package it in a different container that has some sort of twist closure so you could travel with it or put it in your purse without it going everywhere.

on 6/26/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Seriously? $6 for this powder? One that rivals Mac and all other fancy brands? Yes, I'll take it. I have been using this powder for a long time, I've gone through many, many containers of it and I sincerely hope it's never discontinued. This is the perfect setting powder. It's finely milled, it blends into the skin perfectly, and provides a great satiny finish. Bronzer and blush look nicely blended, the effect is very soft. The packaging is bulky and not purse-friendly but I don't mind because it lasts all day so no reapplying is necessary. I don't take off the entire sticker from the sifter - I just poke a few holes in order to avoid getting a ton of product, since only a tiny bit is needed. Love this powder, it's quite terrific.

on 6/23/2012 12:52:00 AM

I really like this powder as a setting/touch up powder. I have oily skin, so setting/touch up is a must! I don't reach for it everyday (as I have yet to find an extremely convenient method for application, with the packaging) but I am not complaining- and will always have it in my collection! The best method I have found is to pat it on with the puff, and then blend with a large powder blush. Don't use too much, because it can lighten your face (obviously!) However, I do not find that to be a problem, as I continue my makeup routine with contour, bronzer, blush- so it never ends up looking pale, or "whited" out on my face...For $6, it is definitely worth it!

on 6/23/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic primer and setting powder! I can't stand the container though; hopefully they'll come out with a compact soon! Don't use this with flash photography. You'll look like a vampire.

on 6/22/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! Im NW20/22 in MAC SFF and i use this as my finishing powder. I use the puff that comes with it and use barely any product and gently press the powder into my skin.....love the finished look....makes me look uber smooth

on 6/22/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I gave this a try because I ran out of MUF HD finishing powder and this got such high reviews for such a low price. For the price, which I think was around $6 or something ridiculously cheap for a ton of product, this stuff is ok as a back up but MUF it is not. I'm used to using 100% finely milled silica. This is also finely milled silica mixed with some kind of cones and fillers. I'm not a fan of the cones but they do give this powder a smooth feel going on. I think the added ingredients also create heavier coverage making it hard to apply this without looking white and ghostly. I have to apply this really sparingly with a fiber optic brush or it washes me out and makes me look like death. Unless you are super pale I wouldn't use this on days you might be in photos and add your blush or bronzer after using this. I don't like the fillers in this product or the white cast but it's an ok back up for $6 and keeps shine to a minimum for a while.

on 6/20/2012 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is a very good setting powder for those who have large pores and oily skin like me. It's 40 celsius here and humid has hell but my skin still feels soft, matte and not oily at all after 4 hours witout reapplying any makeup. Once again my skin is uber oily and I couldn't find any makeup that helped to tame the oilyness as much as this one did!

As far as the packaging goes, I have not problem with it. My advice is when you buy the product DO NOT remove the sticker that covers the holes. You just have to puncture a few holes on the sticker using a needle and there will be no more spills and mess with the powder and you'll control the amount you put on your brush a lot better :)

on 6/19/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this powder! I bought the HD Powder and the one in shimmer.

HD Powder-

My make up looks amazing with it dusted over the top. You do need to use a light hand to avoid the 'white cast' look, so be careful! It makes my pores vanish and controls my oil. I have clogged pores, acne scars (red marks and indented) and wearing this gives me so much confidence. It seems to blur my scars a bit and really does make my skin look more flawless. It doesn't look cakey like other powders and it feels so lightweight on your skin. It doesn't break me out or cause any allergic reactions (my skin is very sensitive and frequently reacts to powders) It hands down beats every loose and pressed powder I've ever tried. I immediately ordered another, really hope they never stop making this!

Shimmer-

I really don't like this, it's way too sparkly. Just looks wrong all over your face imo! It does the same as the HD powder but with a ton of unnecessary glitter. I may use it to dust over my cheeks but I would never use it all over my face again. If you're going to try one, try the HD Powder :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials