July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday at my local Walgreens in Natural Tan and I am really liking it! I have been on a drugstore makeup haul for about two weeks and this was my latest purchase. I discovered this while watching a makeup tutorial on youtube and the girl that was talking about was RAVING this is equivalent to the more expensive brands. I was curious, so I thought I would give it a go. Just last week I bought Makeup Forever (see my review) and thought it was good, but now WOW great. I was really surprised how smooth and creamy the consistency was and how well it blended w/ my face-- it was like the more expensive dept store brands, but w/o the $$$$ pricetag. I didn't use a foundation brush (which i normally would) and opted for the disposable sponge and I thought it covered wonderfully. I didn't need to wear a separate concealer (the coverage was mod-full) and it dried to a matte finish. I still topped it off w/ my usual MAC powder and I was ready to go. As far as the staying power------ OMG- It didn't BUDGE all day! Normally after being at work for 9+ hours, running around here and there,, by 5pm it looked like i hit the wall and my makeup will normally be flakey, splotchy and wore off (so ALL my freckles show). Not with this one! looks just as great as when I first applied it at 7am! For a drugstore brand (that was 40% mind you) this is definitely a keeper - I am super impressed of the quality, price and effectiveness of this product. The ONLY qualm I have, is, I wish this came in a pump- it is easy to dump more product than you need and it will be wasted quite quickly. Other than that,, I am really happy with it. Oh, one more thing.. I am not oily- I have combo/dry/sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, cause any dry flakes around my chin and nose area or make my skin feel tight,, even though the product is oil-free. Another plus!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MzAleex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok
This foundation is alright,
There's better foundations out there, still searching for the perfect foundation. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hideous, turns orange after a couple hours. Clogs pores, doesn't last as long as it claims. No pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this and while maybe a bit premature to review it after wearing it just today, I decided to because I do like it. I started off with a freshly washed face and applied Oil of Olay Daily Defense for Combination/Oily and let it soak in while I dried my hair. Then I applied my Monistat Anti-Chafing "primer" and let that sink it for a few minutes. Then I put a bit of the SuperStay foundation on my fingertips and rub my hands together and pat it on my face all over, then rubbed it in to get it blended well. I let it set while I applied the rest of my makeup and then finished it with a light dusting of loose powder. Well about lunchtime I did need to use an oil-blotting sheet, but that's norm for me and it wasn't even that bad. Overall I'm impressed by the performance and coverage of this makeup. I may be editing this review further on down the line, but I like the consistency and smell better than Colorstay. It didn't cake up on me, which I loved.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MCTnDL

I like this foundation. I did find this product to be a bit heavy, but it's okay. I have oily/combination skin. I use this in Nude, but I believe it's a bit too light for me. I'd go and get a shade darker, but it looks like that one would be too dark. I love how this is easy to blend. Before this foundation, I used Revlon Colorstay. This product gives me full coverage, which I need. :) I don't like the packaging because it can explode at any time, and because I always dump out a bit more than I need. It has more of a yellow tone on my skin, but it's okay. I can still work it. ;) It doesn't last 24 hours, but for me, it lasts about 7-9 hours. It's a bit more expensive for a drugstore foundation, but I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ClassicGlamour813

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks flawless on my normal/dry skin. It stays on all day for me. I don't have acne, but it gives me full coverage anyway. I have no problem with the glass bottle, but I'm giving it a 3 for packaging because it doesn't have a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Hate to compare this to Revlon's ColorStay, but it's pretty much the only reason I originally wanted to try this. This by far is my favorite of the two. For reference I started using this before Winter so I was a little more tan (NC42) so I bought this in Soft Honey. I usually get lighter during winter (NC40) so I am currently using this in Natural Tan. Overall, both match me perfectly. This has a much thicker consistency than ColorStay, but is still easily blendable. As far as coverage, this is definitely full coverage and I get a better coverage from just a little of this vs. a lot of ColorStay. Definitely HG and has replaced all of my other liquid foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just used this today because I was getting my driver's license photo taken today and I wanted something without spf. I had used it previously months before the exact same reason (photos being taken). Since then, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear. But since ELDW has spf, i went back to maybelline superstay for today. OMG. This blends like a DREAM! I apply with my fingers (like all my foundations) and it spreads so easily and is so smooth and creamy and blendable on my skin. I'm NC15 and use Sand beige for reference. It's soooooooo smooth!! I love my estee lauder double wear but this is a VERY comparable drugstore equivalent, if not, dupe. I haven't tested it for it's long-wear because I don't care about that so much as coverage. the coverage was VERY comparable to ELDW which is medium to full. This does not cover all of my blemishes or hyperpigmentation. I do use a second layer for that and even then, some still shows through, but my spots are really bad. This doe snot break me out or irritate me in any way. I find this much more blendable than Revlon Colorstay and I also fine the color match better,

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

broke me out no thanks

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by madhs

This doesn't last on me. It says 24 hour makeup but it doesn't even do 4 of those 24 properly. It slides off your face within 3 to 4 hours and you look like there's no makeup on. Disappointing. However, having said that, when you first apply it, it looks really gorgeous. And it didn't break me out. Guess I'm going back to Revlon ColorStay. Really wished it would have worked for me. I'm still keeping this one, it's just not an everyday foundation.