Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/2/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am in the shade nude. I have a light to medium yellow-olive complexion. I use Golden Medium/Light Olive in EDM and my guess is that I am an NC25-30.

PROS:
- VERY long-lasting
- Withstands heat, humidity, AND sweat
- No-transfer!! I rubbed a tissue on my face after application, and there was absolutely no transfer
- Easy to blend! I use my EcoTools Bronzer Brush
- Does not highlight dry areas of my face!!
- Keeps oil control in check, though I do need to touch up on my T-zone with powder after 4-6 hours! (I have combination skin)
- FULL coverage! Covers redness on my cheeks. I don't need to use a concealer

CONS:
- Mask-like look; matte (which I dont like. I usually like a dewy-type of look)
- Packaging: difficult to pour out the right amount
- Hard to remove, resists water & soap sometimes... I have to use makeup remover and then use face wash two times

VERDICT
I don't like how you can tell that I have foundation on. I use very little, yet the finish of the foundation gives a completely polished and almost mask-like effect. However, I love it's blendability, coverage, and lasting power! I would wear this on a night out.

My suggestion is that this foundation is good to mix in with other foundations that you want to have more coverage or last longer.
I mix it with my Revlon PhotoReady because I love the finish of the PhotoReady, but the lasting power and coverage of SuperStay 24HR. (I usually mix about 1/3 SuperStay with 2/3 PhotoReady!)

on 4/1/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this foundation initially. It gave great coverage, was slightly dewy, and made my skin look great. But within an hour it oxidized on my skin and looked horrendous. I returned it the next day. I wanted to like it but it was obviously just not right for me.

on 4/1/2011 12:16:00 AM

I am very happy with this foundation.
WHY I LIKE IT: I love the coverage and it lasts all day from morning until I get ready for bed! I only touch up about once a day with a powder. I have a very oily t-zone and I feel this foundation does help absorb the oil. And the color matches my skin perfectly.
COST: You can't beat the price - I bought it for under $8 at Walmart.
PACKAGE: The cost and quality of the product more than makes up for the messy bottle.
COVERAGE: This foundation goes on smooth, blends well, dries quickly but not too quick, and provides good coverage. I have dry areas around my nose and this foundation does not cake up or emphasize the dry spots. In fact It covers them very well.
COMPARE: I previously used Revlon Colorstay - which used to be my favorite but they changed the formula or something. Revlon Colorstay has good coverage, but it felt thick and heavy on, plus it made my skin oily. Also I looked orange after a few hours.
Maybelline SuperStay 24HR is much MUCH better - my new favorite foundation! Yay!

on 3/26/2011 5:41:00 AM

When i began using this product i was very pleased with it, although this was in comparison to my earlier foundation choice, which was revlon.
I thought the coverage was average and it didnt stay on my skin very well.Throughout the day it certainly began to fade which resulted in patchy areas on my skin.
I am now going to purchase, 'healthy mix' by bonjois, which when i tested made me realise how poor the maybelline choice was in comparison.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'd heard amazing things about this foundation, especially from other dry-skinned girls, like pinkiecharm on youtube. Since my other foundations have been breaking me out lately, I decided to get my hands on a bottle of the Superstay, which turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I had to try about four different drugstores to find the lightest shade, Porcelain Ivory. I finally managed to find it at Walgreens for about $11.

The Pros:

* blends very easily
* hides the pores on my nose
* has a satin finish so it reminds me of the MUFE HD foundation
* doesn't highlight dry skin at all & isn't drying
* has no SPF so it's great for pictures
* available at the drugstore
* medium coverage
* lasts all day

Cons:

* It's just a little too dark/orange for my skin.
* there's no pump and it's difficult to get foundation out of the bottle
* it's difficult to remove

I lighten this with the Manic Panic white foundation. Unfortunately, mixing this with another foundation takes away the amazing satin finish. If you aren't as pale as I am (MUFE HD 110, Revlon CS Ivory), then this foundation might match your skin better.

on 3/25/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a while with mixed results, but I tried it this morning using a damp sponge for application and I've been really happy with the results. It's a little thick for my standard finger application and a brush just left it a little too streaky.

Overall, I like the staying power of the foundation, and the coverage I would put as medium to full. I have a very oily t-zone and I do find myself having to blot at least once in the afternoon, but I don't feel that's the fault of the foundation being too greasy - just the way my skin is.

The finish is excellent, not too dewy and not flat matte.

My color is Sand Beige and it works very well with my fair skin. I don't do MAC colors, but I usually end up with the 2nd lightest or lightest shade in almost every foundation line. For reference, my Colorstay foundation shade is Buff.

I haven't used my Colorstay foundation in a while, so I don't think it's fair to do a comparison right now on the different formulas.

on 3/24/2011 10:17:00 AM

Very blendable, and goes on to cover really well with good lasting power. It has a thick consistency that is hard to get out of the bottle. If it had a pump that wouldn't have been a problem. I would have kept this foundation if the colour choices weren't so narrow. Everything was too pink or brown. I needed yellow so I ended up going with MAC PLW.

Honestly if you could find your colour in this, it might just be better than MAC PLW since it goes on a lot smoother with equal or better coverage for the fraction of the price.

on 3/20/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Wow I have to really disagree with the reviewer below- but to each it's own I guess. First off, I tried Revlon Colorstay and it was a disaster on me. It gave me milla, very difficult to blend- it dries super fast and it felt so heavy on my skin. I currently switch between my MAC prolongwear and MUFE HD and wanted to find a cheaper foundation for everyday use. I have extremely oily skin and MAC prolongwear is the only one that really lasts but sometimes I do wish it has the full coverage of MAC Studio Fix for special occassions, but Studio Fix breaks me out. Anyways, I digress, I decided to try out superstay on a whim and it's the best drugstore foundation I've ever used! You only need a little bit and it gives the smoothest full coverage finish. It doesn't dry instantly and it gives you plenty of time to blend. This is the ONLY foundation that I don't need to use a concealer for further coverage. The only problem with this line is the color selection, I'm between colors but this is not enough to make me change. The only time I touch up is after my P90X workout, but the coverage doesn't go away. I also have large pores and some dry patches and this covers it too flawlessly!

on 3/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

An obvious failed attempt at a mock Revlon Colorstay Foundation.

I ended up purchasing two of these concealers (at $12 CAN ea.) because I could not for the life of me find the proper shade. Every shade I bought was far too dark, and it made me look like I had a mask on.

Pros:

The foundation does have a very long lasting coverage, and will not rub off on clothing, or anything else.

It is a very full coverage foundation, and covers blemishes/redness very easily.

Does not emphasis dry, flaking skin, and does an okay job at concealing it.

Cons:

Has a really irritating smell, even though it's supposedly unscented.

Has no pump, and is very messy when applying.

Blending is next to impossible - foundation dries very quickly and a lot is required to cover the entire face

An even coat of makeup is next to impossibly to achieve.

Leaves the skin feeling very heavy

Skin looks extremely cakey, and it's obvious that you're wearing makeup

Difficult to pick the proper shade - the foundation goes on the face a different colour that what it looks like in the bottle.

I would not recommend this to anyone unless they have a rather even complexion, or want a full coverage and don't care that it's not natural looking.

I will not buy this product again.

on 3/12/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a couple of days and I'm really liking it. I have normal to dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, but this it perfect. SPF and coverage that LASTS and looks completely natural. It's everything I want. A+