September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Zumbii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

An obvious failed attempt at a mock Revlon Colorstay Foundation.

I ended up purchasing two of these concealers (at $12 CAN ea.) because I could not for the life of me find the proper shade. Every shade I bought was far too dark, and it made me look like I had a mask on.

Pros:

The foundation does have a very long lasting coverage, and will not rub off on clothing, or anything else.

It is a very full coverage foundation, and covers blemishes/redness very easily.

Does not emphasis dry, flaking skin, and does an okay job at concealing it.

Cons:

Has a really irritating smell, even though it's supposedly unscented.

Has no pump, and is very messy when applying.

Blending is next to impossible - foundation dries very quickly and a lot is required to cover the entire face

An even coat of makeup is next to impossibly to achieve.

Leaves the skin feeling very heavy

Skin looks extremely cakey, and it's obvious that you're wearing makeup

Difficult to pick the proper shade - the foundation goes on the face a different colour that what it looks like in the bottle.

I would not recommend this to anyone unless they have a rather even complexion, or want a full coverage and don't care that it's not natural looking.

I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by skorpion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of days and I'm really liking it. I have normal to dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, but this it perfect. SPF and coverage that LASTS and looks completely natural. It's everything I want. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 500daysofpeace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i was really disappointed with this product.
it gave me full coverage which was nice but it felt so heavy and sticky and it rubbed off way too easily.
i don't have oily skin either.
i was just not impressed with the color either. i bought it in sand beige and it was still too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday at my local Walgreens in Natural Tan and I am really liking it! I have been on a drugstore makeup haul for about two weeks and this was my latest purchase. I discovered this while watching a makeup tutorial on youtube and the girl that was talking about was RAVING this is equivalent to the more expensive brands. I was curious, so I thought I would give it a go. Just last week I bought Makeup Forever (see my review) and thought it was good, but now WOW great. I was really surprised how smooth and creamy the consistency was and how well it blended w/ my face-- it was like the more expensive dept store brands, but w/o the $$$$ pricetag. I didn't use a foundation brush (which i normally would) and opted for the disposable sponge and I thought it covered wonderfully. I didn't need to wear a separate concealer (the coverage was mod-full) and it dried to a matte finish. I still topped it off w/ my usual MAC powder and I was ready to go. As far as the staying power------ OMG- It didn't BUDGE all day! Normally after being at work for 9+ hours, running around here and there,, by 5pm it looked like i hit the wall and my makeup will normally be flakey, splotchy and wore off (so ALL my freckles show). Not with this one! looks just as great as when I first applied it at 7am! For a drugstore brand (that was 40% mind you) this is definitely a keeper - I am super impressed of the quality, price and effectiveness of this product. The ONLY qualm I have, is, I wish this came in a pump- it is easy to dump more product than you need and it will be wasted quite quickly. Other than that,, I am really happy with it. Oh, one more thing.. I am not oily- I have combo/dry/sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, cause any dry flakes around my chin and nose area or make my skin feel tight,, even though the product is oil-free. Another plus!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MzAleex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok
This foundation is alright,
There's better foundations out there, still searching for the perfect foundation. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hideous, turns orange after a couple hours. Clogs pores, doesn't last as long as it claims. No pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this and while maybe a bit premature to review it after wearing it just today, I decided to because I do like it. I started off with a freshly washed face and applied Oil of Olay Daily Defense for Combination/Oily and let it soak in while I dried my hair. Then I applied my Monistat Anti-Chafing "primer" and let that sink it for a few minutes. Then I put a bit of the SuperStay foundation on my fingertips and rub my hands together and pat it on my face all over, then rubbed it in to get it blended well. I let it set while I applied the rest of my makeup and then finished it with a light dusting of loose powder. Well about lunchtime I did need to use an oil-blotting sheet, but that's norm for me and it wasn't even that bad. Overall I'm impressed by the performance and coverage of this makeup. I may be editing this review further on down the line, but I like the consistency and smell better than Colorstay. It didn't cake up on me, which I loved.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MCTnDL

I like this foundation. I did find this product to be a bit heavy, but it's okay. I have oily/combination skin. I use this in Nude, but I believe it's a bit too light for me. I'd go and get a shade darker, but it looks like that one would be too dark. I love how this is easy to blend. Before this foundation, I used Revlon Colorstay. This product gives me full coverage, which I need. :) I don't like the packaging because it can explode at any time, and because I always dump out a bit more than I need. It has more of a yellow tone on my skin, but it's okay. I can still work it. ;) It doesn't last 24 hours, but for me, it lasts about 7-9 hours. It's a bit more expensive for a drugstore foundation, but I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ClassicGlamour813

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks flawless on my normal/dry skin. It stays on all day for me. I don't have acne, but it gives me full coverage anyway. I have no problem with the glass bottle, but I'm giving it a 3 for packaging because it doesn't have a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Hate to compare this to Revlon's ColorStay, but it's pretty much the only reason I originally wanted to try this. This by far is my favorite of the two. For reference I started using this before Winter so I was a little more tan (NC42) so I bought this in Soft Honey. I usually get lighter during winter (NC40) so I am currently using this in Natural Tan. Overall, both match me perfectly. This has a much thicker consistency than ColorStay, but is still easily blendable. As far as coverage, this is definitely full coverage and I get a better coverage from just a little of this vs. a lot of ColorStay. Definitely HG and has replaced all of my other liquid foundations.