Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/26/2011 5:41:00 AM

When i began using this product i was very pleased with it, although this was in comparison to my earlier foundation choice, which was revlon.
I thought the coverage was average and it didnt stay on my skin very well.Throughout the day it certainly began to fade which resulted in patchy areas on my skin.
I am now going to purchase, 'healthy mix' by bonjois, which when i tested made me realise how poor the maybelline choice was in comparison.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'd heard amazing things about this foundation, especially from other dry-skinned girls, like pinkiecharm on youtube. Since my other foundations have been breaking me out lately, I decided to get my hands on a bottle of the Superstay, which turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I had to try about four different drugstores to find the lightest shade, Porcelain Ivory. I finally managed to find it at Walgreens for about $11.

The Pros:

* blends very easily
* hides the pores on my nose
* has a satin finish so it reminds me of the MUFE HD foundation
* doesn't highlight dry skin at all & isn't drying
* has no SPF so it's great for pictures
* available at the drugstore
* medium coverage
* lasts all day

Cons:

* It's just a little too dark/orange for my skin.
* there's no pump and it's difficult to get foundation out of the bottle
* it's difficult to remove

I lighten this with the Manic Panic white foundation. Unfortunately, mixing this with another foundation takes away the amazing satin finish. If you aren't as pale as I am (MUFE HD 110, Revlon CS Ivory), then this foundation might match your skin better.

on 3/25/2011 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a while with mixed results, but I tried it this morning using a damp sponge for application and I've been really happy with the results. It's a little thick for my standard finger application and a brush just left it a little too streaky.

Overall, I like the staying power of the foundation, and the coverage I would put as medium to full. I have a very oily t-zone and I do find myself having to blot at least once in the afternoon, but I don't feel that's the fault of the foundation being too greasy - just the way my skin is.

The finish is excellent, not too dewy and not flat matte.

My color is Sand Beige and it works very well with my fair skin. I don't do MAC colors, but I usually end up with the 2nd lightest or lightest shade in almost every foundation line. For reference, my Colorstay foundation shade is Buff.

I haven't used my Colorstay foundation in a while, so I don't think it's fair to do a comparison right now on the different formulas.

on 3/24/2011 10:17:00 AM

Very blendable, and goes on to cover really well with good lasting power. It has a thick consistency that is hard to get out of the bottle. If it had a pump that wouldn't have been a problem. I would have kept this foundation if the colour choices weren't so narrow. Everything was too pink or brown. I needed yellow so I ended up going with MAC PLW.

Honestly if you could find your colour in this, it might just be better than MAC PLW since it goes on a lot smoother with equal or better coverage for the fraction of the price.

on 3/20/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Wow I have to really disagree with the reviewer below- but to each it's own I guess. First off, I tried Revlon Colorstay and it was a disaster on me. It gave me milla, very difficult to blend- it dries super fast and it felt so heavy on my skin. I currently switch between my MAC prolongwear and MUFE HD and wanted to find a cheaper foundation for everyday use. I have extremely oily skin and MAC prolongwear is the only one that really lasts but sometimes I do wish it has the full coverage of MAC Studio Fix for special occassions, but Studio Fix breaks me out. Anyways, I digress, I decided to try out superstay on a whim and it's the best drugstore foundation I've ever used! You only need a little bit and it gives the smoothest full coverage finish. It doesn't dry instantly and it gives you plenty of time to blend. This is the ONLY foundation that I don't need to use a concealer for further coverage. The only problem with this line is the color selection, I'm between colors but this is not enough to make me change. The only time I touch up is after my P90X workout, but the coverage doesn't go away. I also have large pores and some dry patches and this covers it too flawlessly!

on 3/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

An obvious failed attempt at a mock Revlon Colorstay Foundation.

I ended up purchasing two of these concealers (at $12 CAN ea.) because I could not for the life of me find the proper shade. Every shade I bought was far too dark, and it made me look like I had a mask on.

Pros:

The foundation does have a very long lasting coverage, and will not rub off on clothing, or anything else.

It is a very full coverage foundation, and covers blemishes/redness very easily.

Does not emphasis dry, flaking skin, and does an okay job at concealing it.

Cons:

Has a really irritating smell, even though it's supposedly unscented.

Has no pump, and is very messy when applying.

Blending is next to impossible - foundation dries very quickly and a lot is required to cover the entire face

An even coat of makeup is next to impossibly to achieve.

Leaves the skin feeling very heavy

Skin looks extremely cakey, and it's obvious that you're wearing makeup

Difficult to pick the proper shade - the foundation goes on the face a different colour that what it looks like in the bottle.

I would not recommend this to anyone unless they have a rather even complexion, or want a full coverage and don't care that it's not natural looking.

I will not buy this product again.

on 3/12/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a couple of days and I'm really liking it. I have normal to dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, but this it perfect. SPF and coverage that LASTS and looks completely natural. It's everything I want. A+

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i was really disappointed with this product.
it gave me full coverage which was nice but it felt so heavy and sticky and it rubbed off way too easily.
i don't have oily skin either.
i was just not impressed with the color either. i bought it in sand beige and it was still too dark for me.

on 3/2/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this yesterday at my local Walgreens in Natural Tan and I am really liking it! I have been on a drugstore makeup haul for about two weeks and this was my latest purchase. I discovered this while watching a makeup tutorial on youtube and the girl that was talking about was RAVING this is equivalent to the more expensive brands. I was curious, so I thought I would give it a go. Just last week I bought Makeup Forever (see my review) and thought it was good, but now WOW great. I was really surprised how smooth and creamy the consistency was and how well it blended w/ my face-- it was like the more expensive dept store brands, but w/o the $$$$ pricetag. I didn't use a foundation brush (which i normally would) and opted for the disposable sponge and I thought it covered wonderfully. I didn't need to wear a separate concealer (the coverage was mod-full) and it dried to a matte finish. I still topped it off w/ my usual MAC powder and I was ready to go. As far as the staying power------ OMG- It didn't BUDGE all day! Normally after being at work for 9+ hours, running around here and there,, by 5pm it looked like i hit the wall and my makeup will normally be flakey, splotchy and wore off (so ALL my freckles show). Not with this one! looks just as great as when I first applied it at 7am! For a drugstore brand (that was 40% mind you) this is definitely a keeper - I am super impressed of the quality, price and effectiveness of this product. The ONLY qualm I have, is, I wish this came in a pump- it is easy to dump more product than you need and it will be wasted quite quickly. Other than that,, I am really happy with it. Oh, one more thing.. I am not oily- I have combo/dry/sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, cause any dry flakes around my chin and nose area or make my skin feel tight,, even though the product is oil-free. Another plus!!

on 3/1/2011 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok
This foundation is alright,
There's better foundations out there, still searching for the perfect foundation. :(