September 18, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by piratequeen

This is a beautiful eyeshadow which brings out the hazel tones in my brown eyes. I'm very pale though, so I have to work with it a little bit to prevent it from looking too orange. Overall, a winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting this for a while, but I put off purchasing it during the Summer since it didn't strike me as a color I'd wear during the hot months. Now that it's autumn and I've added it to my makeup collection, I feel it's unfortunate that I didn't purchase it sooner. "Amber Lights" is not a bronze but a frosty apricot amber, with an extremely warm base and a lot of dimension. It's a great color for all weather, and is versatile enough for me to be able to pair it up with some of my other shades for an evening or day look. I have grey-blue eyes and this shade works wonderfully to make them look bluer than they are. MAC's frosts are easy to work with, and "Amber Lights" is no exception. It's very nicely pigmented and it's very easy to get a good degree of coverage. Very lovely shade and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2006 7:39:00 AM More reviews by latigrez

Overall, this shadow is typical MAC quality - long-wearing, smooth, and well-pigmented. Unfortunately, I just cannot pull off the color - it turns bright orange once it hits my lids. So I recommend that anyone considering buying this color try it out first, as it is definitely not universally wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love amber lights!I:'ve been wanting to buy this forever and at last I could buy it.I have blonde hair and hazel eyes and this works great on me.Shade is light amber bronze wih brown undertones and it never turns orange on me.I love using this e/s with bronze and honey lust.they are perfect together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jiahui1983

I am usually not a bronzey person. But i bought this because i thought it looked good in the pan. I finally used it recently together with another Make Up Store's Carat (gold) eye dust. i used the eye dust in my inner lids and amber lights on the outer lids...and i used woodwinked to contour my eyes and with retrospeck as a highlighter. It looked nice and pretty natural looking. Even the M.A.C ma said it was nice.

tHis eyeshadow has a great texture...i minused one point off because i still do not know what to mix this eyeshadow with other than with golds, copper, yellows...will continue to experiment with it. Other wise this is a unique shade for people who like to experiment with colours!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Everyone else pretty much described the color, so I'll skip that part. Amber Lights scared me for a long time, I thought it would be way too orange on me. (NC25/NC30) I find that if I blend it out well, it is more of a light, golden/bronze instead of vivid frosty orange. I wore Amber Lights in the crease and outer corners with Vanilla as a wash... some Relaxing on inner eye corners and Blacktrack Fluidline. (New Technakohl Uniform to line lower lashes.) Nice! Made me have "summer eyes!" Would probably repurchase if I ever use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This orange-tinged gold Frost eyeshadow behaves more like a Veluxe Pearl and thatís a good thing! Amber Lights reminds me oh so much of Shu Uemuraís metallic eyeshadows. So very very smooth, pigmented and creamy. Yes itís like a dream come true. I am very warm-toned and this eyeshadow is just the perfect gem to include for a lovely neutral look with some golden gleam or you can even pair with more vibrant colors. I canít believe I waited so long to use this! Staying power rocks over Urban Decay Primer Potion as usual and sigh, love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Amber Lights is a very pretty warm toned amber/gold hued shadow that looks flattering on my DDD/C7 skin. I was hesitant at first to purchase this because of the dreaded orange tones that everyone says Amber Lights has but I find that once it is sheered out and blended it more closely resembles the desription on MAC's website, "golden peachy-brown with golden shimmer". It looks great with Bronze in the crease or vice versa. Basically, I find Amber Lights to be a great addition to my stash, another great neutral...with a kick. ETA: I have since swapped AL. :O(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by aandfgirl133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this e/s I wasn't too sure about the color. But after using it a few times, Im addicted! It goes with everything...greens, pinks, neutrals. And it makes my eyes pop. This is a great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fabulous crease shade for my blue-grey eyes, very flattering on my pale skin. Use it a lot, which is saying something considering I have over 150 e/s!