December 22, 2014 | 955 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by belle_in_pink

Unfortunately, this beautiful shade did not work on me. It was way too orange for my complexion. I was hoping for a deeper kind of bronze. The pigment was beautiful though. The color payoff - nothing beats MAC, IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DDD (NC43). I'm surprised at how much I love this shade and how versatile this shade is because it looks so bright in the pan. I use it as a wash and as a highlighter. Definite repurchase, assuming I ever use this one up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 5:11:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I went to the MAC counter today I ws actually expecting to come away with a foundation but instead I bought Amber Lights and I adore it! I love those smoky bombshell bronze looks and this one gives that to me. I wear NC40 and have naturally tan skin so this looks more bronzish/goldish on than it looks orange. I'm really glad I know the MA's at the counter. I wouldn't have picked this out on my own. Also I'm glad I tried a frost kind since I tend to steer towards veluxe pearls. All together a very good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by squirlymoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I was looking for a color similar to a Cover Girl eyeshadow I have but with better color payoff. Well, I found it. Amber Lights is a shiny, orange/brown color - amber describes it perfectly, actually. I find it looks beautiful on people of almost every skintone and applies wonderfully. A great purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I would never buy this type of color because orangey bronze on my eyes tends to make me look dead. But I saw this tutorial with a girl who used Amber Lights and I just had to try it. The texture of this stuff is just INCREDIBLE. It is so rich and pigmented, and almost creamy. It was easy to blend with a couple taupes to tone down the orange, and I was surprised that it didn't look bad on me! An overall very beautiful and unique color that I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by piratequeen

This is a beautiful eyeshadow which brings out the hazel tones in my brown eyes. I'm very pale though, so I have to work with it a little bit to prevent it from looking too orange. Overall, a winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting this for a while, but I put off purchasing it during the Summer since it didn't strike me as a color I'd wear during the hot months. Now that it's autumn and I've added it to my makeup collection, I feel it's unfortunate that I didn't purchase it sooner. "Amber Lights" is not a bronze but a frosty apricot amber, with an extremely warm base and a lot of dimension. It's a great color for all weather, and is versatile enough for me to be able to pair it up with some of my other shades for an evening or day look. I have grey-blue eyes and this shade works wonderfully to make them look bluer than they are. MAC's frosts are easy to work with, and "Amber Lights" is no exception. It's very nicely pigmented and it's very easy to get a good degree of coverage. Very lovely shade and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2006 7:39:00 AM More reviews by latigrez

Overall, this shadow is typical MAC quality - long-wearing, smooth, and well-pigmented. Unfortunately, I just cannot pull off the color - it turns bright orange once it hits my lids. So I recommend that anyone considering buying this color try it out first, as it is definitely not universally wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love amber lights!I:'ve been wanting to buy this forever and at last I could buy it.I have blonde hair and hazel eyes and this works great on me.Shade is light amber bronze wih brown undertones and it never turns orange on me.I love using this e/s with bronze and honey lust.they are perfect together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jiahui1983

I am usually not a bronzey person. But i bought this because i thought it looked good in the pan. I finally used it recently together with another Make Up Store's Carat (gold) eye dust. i used the eye dust in my inner lids and amber lights on the outer lids...and i used woodwinked to contour my eyes and with retrospeck as a highlighter. It looked nice and pretty natural looking. Even the M.A.C ma said it was nice.

tHis eyeshadow has a great texture...i minused one point off because i still do not know what to mix this eyeshadow with other than with golds, copper, yellows...will continue to experiment with it. Other wise this is a unique shade for people who like to experiment with colours!