MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 3/31/2007 12:15:00 PM

I LOVE this colour - even if it's sometimes to goldeny, he he. Works like a charm in my lower lid combined with MAC antiqued and Embark it made for the perfect makeup on my wedding day. Brought my eyes out like no other!!!!
THANKS MAC!!!!

on 3/17/2007 3:22:00 PM

I really love Mac eyeshadows very much. They are pigmented and versatile colors that can be paired with lots of colors. This is an orange-brown-gold color with shimmer. Love to pair this with retrospeck, coppering, tempting..

on 2/25/2007 3:20:00 PM

I bought this e/s 2 years ago and a week or two after (nearly the time to test it), I found it totally smashed into pieces in my makeup traincase :(
Of course I repurchased it and it's one of my favorite MAC eye shadows: I use it to add some light with smokey makeups (beautiful paired with Carbon and/or Black Tied) and it works well with browns too, like Smut or Mulch (in inner corners for exemple). I made a combo with Amber Lights and Nocturnelle and it worked as hell! I'd definitely repurchase this one.

on 2/16/2007 10:38:00 AM

Unfortunately, this beautiful shade did not work on me. It was way too orange for my complexion. I was hoping for a deeper kind of bronze. The pigment was beautiful though. The color payoff - nothing beats MAC, IMO.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

DDD (NC43). I'm surprised at how much I love this shade and how versatile this shade is because it looks so bright in the pan. I use it as a wash and as a highlighter. Definite repurchase, assuming I ever use this one up.

on 2/9/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When I went to the MAC counter today I ws actually expecting to come away with a foundation but instead I bought Amber Lights and I adore it! I love those smoky bombshell bronze looks and this one gives that to me. I wear NC40 and have naturally tan skin so this looks more bronzish/goldish on than it looks orange. I'm really glad I know the MA's at the counter. I wouldn't have picked this out on my own. Also I'm glad I tried a frost kind since I tend to steer towards veluxe pearls. All together a very good buy.

on 1/29/2007 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I was looking for a color similar to a Cover Girl eyeshadow I have but with better color payoff. Well, I found it. Amber Lights is a shiny, orange/brown color - amber describes it perfectly, actually. I find it looks beautiful on people of almost every skintone and applies wonderfully. A great purchase!

on 12/31/2006 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Normally I would never buy this type of color because orangey bronze on my eyes tends to make me look dead. But I saw this tutorial with a girl who used Amber Lights and I just had to try it. The texture of this stuff is just INCREDIBLE. It is so rich and pigmented, and almost creamy. It was easy to blend with a couple taupes to tone down the orange, and I was surprised that it didn't look bad on me! An overall very beautiful and unique color that I would buy again.

on 12/19/2006 12:46:00 AM

This is a beautiful eyeshadow which brings out the hazel tones in my brown eyes. I'm very pale though, so I have to work with it a little bit to prevent it from looking too orange. Overall, a winner!

on 9/16/2006 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been wanting this for a while, but I put off purchasing it during the Summer since it didn't strike me as a color I'd wear during the hot months. Now that it's autumn and I've added it to my makeup collection, I feel it's unfortunate that I didn't purchase it sooner. "Amber Lights" is not a bronze but a frosty apricot amber, with an extremely warm base and a lot of dimension. It's a great color for all weather, and is versatile enough for me to be able to pair it up with some of my other shades for an evening or day look. I have grey-blue eyes and this shade works wonderfully to make them look bluer than they are. MAC's frosts are easy to work with, and "Amber Lights" is no exception. It's very nicely pigmented and it's very easy to get a good degree of coverage. Very lovely shade and will repurchase!