Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 2/3/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just got this like a week ago, and I always wanted to try it, but I don't know now. I have been wearing it every day and I noticed that this one creases on my while in minutes, maybe I need to set it with a powder?! I will try that and see what happens?! anyways, the color is beautiful!!! I will give it another chance!!

I could sum up my opinion in one sentence that goes like this: PASS THIS UP AND USE THE ORIGINAL INSTEAD. But since I like to talk, I'll elaborate. From the get go I wasn't interested because once I find a product I like, I tend to stay loyal and I had been using the original version for years because it is, quite simply, amazing. I don't really even know why I bought this. But it seems I got a wild hair one day and decided to try this new, shimmery, sparklier incarnation and I'm left feeling very...underwhelmed. It's not that it doesn't work. I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading, although it does tend to alter the color of my eyeshadow a bit so that it's paler and more shimmery. Which is OK, except when I don't want it paler and more shimmery. I find myself having to be very, very careful with the application because, unlike the original, you can see evvvverywhere you put this. That means if you don't cover all of it up with your eyeshadow, it looks like you did your makeup while sipping your 4th gin and tonic. Yeah. I highly doubt I'm going to buy this again. In fact, I'll just go ahead and tell you I won't. If I were a person who liked the minimalist look, this would be nice to wear alone as it looks quite nice by itself, but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it to wear *under* eyeshadow, and I don't want it to show. Thumbs down on this one.

on 1/31/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

UDPP only works for me if i use it under a mac paint pot- then and only then do i stay 'crease free', If i only use one or the other i crease within a couple of hours. Again this product it quite pricey in Australia ($33 from cyberemporium.com.au). I really like the colour and it is nice used alone along the brow bone. Packaging is crapolla, somehow had air trapped in mine so whenever i would put the wand back in, product would get pushed out - so annoying! But will still continue to buy :)

on 1/27/2010 10:47:00 PM

This is a pinky champagne primer (or shadow, if you use it alone). It is the same color basically as MAC's Stillife paint or Benefit's RSVP cream shadow. I like this because you can use the brush to apply, then I always smooth it out with my finger or it will crease. I like this as a shimmery base because it makes the powder shadows you apply over it also shimmery. But applying the shadows over this will definitely change the shadow colors. Today I wore MAC's Jest and Greensmoke shadows on the lid, and the Greensmoke was extra shimmery and lighter because of this primer. Oh well, I still like this and am glad I bought it. This is only getting 4 lippies because of the crappy packaging. When, oh when, will UD listen to us and change the packaging?!

on 1/25/2010 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunetly it turned my eyeshadow color into an orange muddy mess! All my hard work on my eyeshadow just ruined. I gave this stuff 5 tries and always the same muddy mess- it didn't matter whether I was using purples, black/grays - forget about anything like taupe or brown. The orange-ness would always start at the contour/ crease and work it's way up to my brows. It's a shame though because if it didn't alter my eyeshadow color, this could be a stellar product. When I use just this and my BB gel eyeliner with no
additional shadows it does stay a pretty shimmery color but I like to add some contour and light highlighteron the brow bone so that really doesn't work for me. I wish UDPP would come out with a formula that kept the shimmer of Sin but was a true white, not off white/beige color. Then I think the formula wouldn't oxidize lighter paler shadows.
Pros-Beautiful Shimmer, pretty with just gel liners
CONS- turned my eyeshadow orange!
Muddy looking after short time :(

on 1/23/2010 6:28:00 PM

Nice primer, really like the bronze shimmer. Makes my eye shadows pop, good for sultry looks. I prefer the original PP instead because I did crease with this on occasion.

on 1/23/2010 6:14:00 PM

Horrible!use the original instead.

on 1/22/2010 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

why hasn't this product worked on me?okay, I have very oily lids and do live in hot and humid climate, but come on...eyeshadow gone in less than hours?such a waste of money

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this in a twin pack with the orginal and i must say wow i love the color its so pretty nice champange. i have found i have onyl worn the original once since i got it 3 weeks ago. next time i will just buy this one and not bother with the original. it makes it so you also dont have to highlight the brown bone inner eye corner etc.

on 1/17/2010 10:08:00 PM

GORGEOUS primer! Makes my shimmery shadows even more beautiful. This primer is not as powerful at the original when it comes to crease resistance, but it is still amazing. Love it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials