October 24, 2014 | 2014 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by remmy

I wanted to like this product so bad. The original PP is my absolute favorite and Sin is one of my favorite UD eye shadows but the combination of the two just doesn't seem to cut it for me. It altered the color of my shadows and not always in a good way. I also noticed that my shadows creased after a few hours, which I never got with the original. I'll definitely repurchase the original, but can't see myself getting this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a primer, it works just as well as the OG, which is my HG. But the color is a big fail for me. I'm an NC42 and its pearly lightness is just too garish on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hiphopscotch

I got this as a free sample from a Sephora order. I absolutely love this color but it seems like kind of a waste to use it as a primer :| It stayed on all day and was really beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lanlajolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I already adore the original primer potion, but when this came out, I HAD to have it! It's such a gorgeous color! A shimmery champange? Heck yes! Its subtle, but it brightens. Sometimes, when I'm having a lazy day but still wanna make myself look awake and less deathly, I swipe some of this on with a volumizing mascara, and off I go. It looks natural, simple, but very pretty. It gives me a fresh-faced look and so quick to do. It reminds me of the Rubenesque paint pot, which I love as well.

Like the original, I will continue to purchase this over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by zafiro80

I put yes on the buy again b/c i do believe the product is good but the packaging sucks. It would be better in a pot.

I love how it gives me sparkle and widens my eye even when I've lost sleep.

No one was thinking when they designed the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by PameIa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this the other day, and decided to pass up the original for the Sin since it had a little color. It doesn't go on very smooth, unless I'm doing it wrong. I'm dabbing the doe foot and then smoothing it out with my fingertip. It doesn't brighten up my eyeshadow like I thought it would, but it definitely locks it in place! Usually when I wash my face, most of my eye makeup comes off with my facewash, but with the Sin, it doesn't budge at all, not even my eyeliner, without my eye makeup remover. When I run out of Sin, I will try to original to compare, but for now this will do just fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

this is what i wanted mac's rubenesque paint pot to do. This is a beautiful opaque champagne color that works really well on its own with just a matching shade on top to set it as a very pretty wash of color. It works just like the original PP, smooth formula, easy to blend, doesnt crease. So pretty!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this as an extra in a swap. I don't use this as a primer underneath other eye shadows because it changes the color a bit. I use this when I am in a rush or when I'm too lazy to do my makeup for work. I just put it on as an all over wash of color and throw some eyeliner and mascara on and I'm good to go. It's a pretty shimmery champagne color. I think it would make a nice highlight color as well if you're into shimmery highlights. I wouldn't purchase it though. Would much rather spend the $18 on the original primer potion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by desole

It does it's job well making my eyeshadow last longer than usual without it . Only reason why I gave it a 4 because I dislike using it's wand a bit cause I'm usually rushing to get my makeup done for school and I tend to mess up (like I may use to much or too little then have to reapply) I'm preferable using a cream brush used primer . Basically it depends if you have time to using this product or it's just me .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the original Eye Primer Potion. I discovered it a few years ago and I truly don't know what I would have done without it. I used the original on the day of my wedding and I never had to worry about any touch-ups.
I was excited when I heard about this new product. I usually use a champagne color all over my lids, so I thought that this would be perfect...but I was disappointed with the staying power. It does add a nice shimmer, but it doesn't seem as thick as the original. It almost made my eyes look more oily, whereas the original did not.
This product might be perfect for someone who doesn't have really oily eyelids, but for me it just didn't compare to the original primer potion. I think the original will always be in my makeup bag, but the Sin primer potion was a disappoint for me.