Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 2/4/2010 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I first bought this product a month ago I really did not like the product. I put it on via the stick like I do the regular UDPP and rub in. It was lumpy and thick and the eyeshadow looked gross. I went to sephora 3 weeks ago and the lady said to me put on sin on you ring finger or concealer brush and place on the eyelids. WAIT 30 seconds (the key step) then go or add your eyeshadow. This primer potion helps my eyes pop. I have gotten so many compliments on this primer. My eyeshadow lasts from 7a to 7p and does not lighten or crease.

I first tried Sin at the Ulta counter....they had a sample at the checkout. I tried it on my hand and it really scared me; seemed way too frosty and garish. I also automatically assumed that it would have the same consistency as the original UDPP and thought that the shimmer wouldn't work with something that thick. After reading reviews here, I decided to give it a shot again. I'm so glad I did! From the reviews, I noted that a lighter hand might be needed. I agree with this and can tell you that a little bit goes a LONG way. What I have been doing is just swiping a tiny amount of product onto my finger from the wand, not the doe-foot applicator itself. Then I smooth it over my eyelid and go back for more if needed. I'm very careful to blend at the edges because as we all know, this stuff STICKS and if I leave a harsh border it's hard to get rid of and is very noticable in daylight.

I LOVE the color and as someone who wears a base color with some shimmer pretty much daily, it works fabulously with my daily product lineup. So far I have been using it as a base shadow and just add some crease color to it. Occasionally I'll use it on a weekend for a brighter version of a no-makeup look. I love that it acts as a base AND all-over lid color in one. I haven't tried to layer shadow over this all over my lid so I can't really attest to it changing shadow colors but from what I can tell it doesn't seem to alter the crease color I apply over it.

I will add my vote to the hundreds here and echo that UD really needs to re-evaluate the packaging. I truly don't understand why they are resisting; surely they are aware of our complaints??

Love it, use it every day, highly recommend.

on 2/4/2010 10:09:00 AM

It's too bad - I use and love the orignal UDPP, but somehow this one just isn't working for me. It's not the colour - I actually really like it! And the bent wand does make a difference for getting product out. It's just that unlike the original, I find Sin doesn't hold my shadow as well, and actually seems to smudge and smear what I put on top of it. Shame :(

on 2/3/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just got this like a week ago, and I always wanted to try it, but I don't know now. I have been wearing it every day and I noticed that this one creases on my while in minutes, maybe I need to set it with a powder?! I will try that and see what happens?! anyways, the color is beautiful!!! I will give it another chance!!

I could sum up my opinion in one sentence that goes like this: PASS THIS UP AND USE THE ORIGINAL INSTEAD. But since I like to talk, I'll elaborate. From the get go I wasn't interested because once I find a product I like, I tend to stay loyal and I had been using the original version for years because it is, quite simply, amazing. I don't really even know why I bought this. But it seems I got a wild hair one day and decided to try this new, shimmery, sparklier incarnation and I'm left feeling very...underwhelmed. It's not that it doesn't work. I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading, although it does tend to alter the color of my eyeshadow a bit so that it's paler and more shimmery. Which is OK, except when I don't want it paler and more shimmery. I find myself having to be very, very careful with the application because, unlike the original, you can see evvvverywhere you put this. That means if you don't cover all of it up with your eyeshadow, it looks like you did your makeup while sipping your 4th gin and tonic. Yeah. I highly doubt I'm going to buy this again. In fact, I'll just go ahead and tell you I won't. If I were a person who liked the minimalist look, this would be nice to wear alone as it looks quite nice by itself, but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it to wear *under* eyeshadow, and I don't want it to show. Thumbs down on this one.

on 1/31/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

UDPP only works for me if i use it under a mac paint pot- then and only then do i stay 'crease free', If i only use one or the other i crease within a couple of hours. Again this product it quite pricey in Australia ($33 from cyberemporium.com.au). I really like the colour and it is nice used alone along the brow bone. Packaging is crapolla, somehow had air trapped in mine so whenever i would put the wand back in, product would get pushed out - so annoying! But will still continue to buy :)

on 1/27/2010 10:47:00 PM

This is a pinky champagne primer (or shadow, if you use it alone). It is the same color basically as MAC's Stillife paint or Benefit's RSVP cream shadow. I like this because you can use the brush to apply, then I always smooth it out with my finger or it will crease. I like this as a shimmery base because it makes the powder shadows you apply over it also shimmery. But applying the shadows over this will definitely change the shadow colors. Today I wore MAC's Jest and Greensmoke shadows on the lid, and the Greensmoke was extra shimmery and lighter because of this primer. Oh well, I still like this and am glad I bought it. This is only getting 4 lippies because of the crappy packaging. When, oh when, will UD listen to us and change the packaging?!

on 1/25/2010 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunetly it turned my eyeshadow color into an orange muddy mess! All my hard work on my eyeshadow just ruined. I gave this stuff 5 tries and always the same muddy mess- it didn't matter whether I was using purples, black/grays - forget about anything like taupe or brown. The orange-ness would always start at the contour/ crease and work it's way up to my brows. It's a shame though because if it didn't alter my eyeshadow color, this could be a stellar product. When I use just this and my BB gel eyeliner with no
additional shadows it does stay a pretty shimmery color but I like to add some contour and light highlighteron the brow bone so that really doesn't work for me. I wish UDPP would come out with a formula that kept the shimmer of Sin but was a true white, not off white/beige color. Then I think the formula wouldn't oxidize lighter paler shadows.
Pros-Beautiful Shimmer, pretty with just gel liners
CONS- turned my eyeshadow orange!
Muddy looking after short time :(

on 1/23/2010 6:28:00 PM

Nice primer, really like the bronze shimmer. Makes my eye shadows pop, good for sultry looks. I prefer the original PP instead because I did crease with this on occasion.

on 1/23/2010 6:14:00 PM

Horrible!use the original instead.

Video Reviews & Tutorials