April 18, 2014 | 1926 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by PameIa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this the other day, and decided to pass up the original for the Sin since it had a little color. It doesn't go on very smooth, unless I'm doing it wrong. I'm dabbing the doe foot and then smoothing it out with my fingertip. It doesn't brighten up my eyeshadow like I thought it would, but it definitely locks it in place! Usually when I wash my face, most of my eye makeup comes off with my facewash, but with the Sin, it doesn't budge at all, not even my eyeliner, without my eye makeup remover. When I run out of Sin, I will try to original to compare, but for now this will do just fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

this is what i wanted mac's rubenesque paint pot to do. This is a beautiful opaque champagne color that works really well on its own with just a matching shade on top to set it as a very pretty wash of color. It works just like the original PP, smooth formula, easy to blend, doesnt crease. So pretty!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample size of this as an extra in a swap. I don't use this as a primer underneath other eye shadows because it changes the color a bit. I use this when I am in a rush or when I'm too lazy to do my makeup for work. I just put it on as an all over wash of color and throw some eyeliner and mascara on and I'm good to go. It's a pretty shimmery champagne color. I think it would make a nice highlight color as well if you're into shimmery highlights. I wouldn't purchase it though. Would much rather spend the $18 on the original primer potion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by desole

It does it's job well making my eyeshadow last longer than usual without it . Only reason why I gave it a 4 because I dislike using it's wand a bit cause I'm usually rushing to get my makeup done for school and I tend to mess up (like I may use to much or too little then have to reapply) I'm preferable using a cream brush used primer . Basically it depends if you have time to using this product or it's just me .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the original Eye Primer Potion. I discovered it a few years ago and I truly don't know what I would have done without it. I used the original on the day of my wedding and I never had to worry about any touch-ups.
I was excited when I heard about this new product. I usually use a champagne color all over my lids, so I thought that this would be perfect...but I was disappointed with the staying power. It does add a nice shimmer, but it doesn't seem as thick as the original. It almost made my eyes look more oily, whereas the original did not.
This product might be perfect for someone who doesn't have really oily eyelids, but for me it just didn't compare to the original primer potion. I think the original will always be in my makeup bag, but the Sin primer potion was a disappoint for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know how I lived without a eyeshadow primer for so long?!

I love this stuff! It's so pretty alone or it will seriously keep a shadow on.
Honestly it's my first shadow primer, but it so good I don't want to stray & try more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

This is just like the Orginal to me. Because I am brown skin, I would never wear this as a shadow, because it looks stupid, but my eyeshadow still last all day. But hey for 18 dollars it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by zutopiafan

Well this is pretty much like the original primer potion (which I already reviewed and love), but it cakes much more easily, which is why it gets 4 lippies instead of five.
It is really convenient if you just want a simply wash of color that lasts all day aside from being a really great primer. Unfortunately I usually ended up putting a different eyeshadow over it so the pretty champagne color couldn't peep through.
My sister is more of a minimalist when it comes to makeup so I gave this UDPP to her and she adores it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Underangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first heard about this new product I was ecstatic. For years I was unable to wear eyeshadow because of my oily skin causing shadow to slightly discolor and/or quickly crease, but I tried out the original UDPP a few years ago and have never had a problem with eye makeup since... except maybe washing it off :P

So being addicted to warm browns and shimmers I almost had a heart attack when I heard about Sin, but was unfortunately let down. The formula seems a little thinner, and is definitely well pigmented with the beautiful warm champagne shimmer... but it took maybe an hour before my eyeshadow started creasing as though I didn't even have a base on. I have ofcourse tested it a few more times to be sure that the error wasn't at my fault, but I kept getting the same results.

So in the end, this was unfortunately just an expensive tube of cream eyeshadow that didn't match with quality. For gals that don't suffer from oily lids and such, this will likely be a great addition to your collection.. but I suggest sampling it first just to be sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

Thankfully, I got this as a sample. While I've never tried the original potion, this is...ehh.

The claims of it not affecting your eyeshadow? False. The shimmer shines through, and it seems to "discolor" rather than "intensify."

It DOES hold shadow, though.

It's, sadly, very heavy feeling and slightly greasy. Can't say that I want it on my eyelids.

Oh, and the bottle? Wastes product. Go ahead and cut it open and decant it into something else.