July 30, 2014 | 2171 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora and I'm glad I tried it because it has become my favorite mascara. I have tried tons of high end and drugstore mascaras and none have suited my needs. My lashes are straight and long but not that lush and I have been looking for a mascara that volumizes the lashes while holding the curl. I've noticed that most volumizing formulas will volumize but make my lashes heavy so they don't hold the curl. I am amazed after I put this mascara on because my lashes remain full yet softly curled throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by EllaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It makes my lashes look plump and long and does not flake off or give me dark circles under my eyes---even in high humidity. I have always had a hard time wearing mascara because it makes my eyes itch, but this one is very gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

I have used many mascaras - from drugstore favorites to high end mascaras like Dior, Givenchy and Chanel... and I consider Buxom to be on par with the best I've used.

Buxom gives a great, glossy coating to my natural lashes that defines each lash and makes it bigger and longer - without clumping, smearing or flaking. It lasts all day and yet removes pretty easily with just a makeup wipe.

I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by californiagurlss24

This is alright. It does gives okay volume but not enough length. It is nice and dark tho. The brush is ridiculously large and ive poked my eye a couple times with it. I dont understand why mascara companies think that if the brush is big then it will make your lashes big because that is soooo not the case. Like lash blast. It does nothing for my lashes at all. So i dont like this very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by supernatural

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know about this product. For one thing, it's not dark enough. Second, it's not volumizing enough. It does seem to lengthen and curl and the brush is super for seperating. No clumps or flakes. Still...it's not what I'm looking for.

UPDATE: I'm actually warming up to this mascara. It's kind of feathery, very pretty, not stiff. I still wish it was a deeper black.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara with OK results. Although it lengthens and separates well, it just doesn't seem to be giving me the 'wow' factor that some of the other members have raved about. I notice little difference in the way of volume, even after two or three coats. That being said, this mascara doesn't clump easily and is indeed dark black. Nice evening makeup accoutrement; but when I'm looking for va-va-vixen lashes, I'm passing on this one.

***UPDATE: I'm pretty sure that I've been getting different results with this depending on the eyeliner that I use. I typically wear liquid liner, but noticed a huge difference in the look of this mascara when I used a crayon/pencil. My lashes do look more voluminous when I pair Buxom with a traditional black pencil vs. liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is AMAZING for my lower lashline, it never flakes which is awesome, it doesn't thicken my top lashes much but it's great when I'm wearing my glasses so when my lashes rub it doesn't flake off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by volare424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was originally skeptical but this definitely does what it claims. It's especially good at separating every lash. The best mascara I've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by marbleeyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this mascara! Makes my lashes look long and thick and sexy. I bought this one on the reccomendation of the sales girls at Sephora and I am glad I listened.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Decent mascara for a mellow, Sunday morning, kind of look. Definitely not vavavoom. Darkens my lashes and gives light-medium volume and length. I think it's fine, but I can get the same effect from less-expensive Neutrogena's Healthy Volume.