January 27, 2015 | 2065 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a full-size tube of this mascara as a GWP, and I used it up. On the plus side, the shaped brush made application to my sparse lower lashes a lot easier, and seemed to help lock in curl for my straight upper lashes. The color is very black. No smearing, no transfer due to my eye cream, another plus.

On the down side, it has an extremely thin formula--very difficult to use for the first couple weeks. Weeks three and four were great, but it dried up almost immediately after that. I didn't notice any thickening at all, even with multiple coats, and lengthening was nominal. My lashes are fairly long, so I didn't find that to be an issue, but this mascara would be best for someone who just wanted to change the color of their lashes (thinking white-blonde, here), rather than to give a thickened look.

I would not repurchase, but would certainly use another free one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysRosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I signed up with Makeupalley just so I could review this product. I've been searching for a 'holy grail' mascara for at least 5 years, and while I've been impressed with many (Hourglass, Dior, Josie Maran) nothing has come as close to perfect as Buxom has for me.
You do have to 'build it' and layer it on a bit, but the end result has been amazing for me. Keep in mind, I'm a false eyelash girl - love my lashes looking very long and full - and Buxom mascara does that for me, without the false lashes. Will rebuy again and again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HATED THIS! Wanted to try this for a long time and was very disappointed in the results. Lashes stuck together and looked sparse. My lashes looked better without it on! For the price you can find a few different mascaras that work a lot better. Didn't lengthen, didn't separate, didn't add volume. Pretty much only made my lashes black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricey but this mascara is one of the best I've tried! Separates lashes beautifully and creates such a dark color too! Lengthens well and it can be layered effectively! Too bad it comes with an expensive price tag...Definitely wouldn't have thought to buy this if I didn't get a free sample of it from my Sephora....Using this along with my HG Maybelline wp Turbo boost gives me such pretty, dark, yet natural-looking thick lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I have short yet naturally curled lashes and can't seem to find a good lengthening mascara that won't clump up! The Buxom Lash elongates my mascara and doesn't irritate or dry out my eyes and makes a perfect mascara for layering! One coat of this mascara, and another 'volumizing' mascara and I have beautiful thick, sky high lashes. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Shainaelise

Way too expensive you get pretty much the same results/benefits with maybelline full and soft and thats better priced. Once the buxom mascara is gone I'm gonna keep and reuse the wand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample size of Buxom Lash in my Sephora 500 Point Gift. I am typically of the school of thought that it's a total waste of money to buy a mascara that costs more than $7-$8 and I have found a few cheap drugstore mascaras that I really love (CoverGirl Lash Exact and Rimmel Sexy Curves), but this Buxom Lash is amazing. Fantastic results delivered for color, thickness (without being clumpy) and especially length (and I have very short, thin lashes without mascara). The brush is terrific. I would absolutely consider spending the extra money and purchasing a full size tube of Buxom Lash once this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara on the recommendation from a Sephora associate and I'm happy I did. It is great at separating the lashes without clumping at all and it gives the lashes a really dark color. It's a bit pricey but certainly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by DancingFeet749

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I have been looking for a mascara that does what I want it to and this mascara is perfect! It separates, thickens, and lengthens and I will for sure buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fabulous!! Gives my lashes a bit of volume, but mostly INSANE length. I find it similar to lashblast, but 10x's better! Seriously, gives kardashian lashes! I love this, I'm mad that I didn't discover it sooner. HG status!