Buxom Lash

This is definitely my favorite mascara of all time. I first tried it in a set of mascaras from Sephora, and this was hands down my favorite of the bunch.
Packaging is standard, no complaints. I love the brush. It's one of the plastic/rubber wands that has a little bit of give, and the shape of it is wonderful. The bristles are a perfect length to reach all my lashes and I like the hourglass shape as well. It makes it easier to get the lashes on the outer corners of my eyes.
I love the formula. I prefer length over volume from my mascaras, and although this gives a good amount of both I get more length from it. I'm happy using one coat to get a my-lashes-but-better look. It's also nice and dark and holds a curl well.
If I'm wearing this all day, especially through exercise, I'll get some smudging under my eyes but I don't really mind. This is not designed to be a waterproof formula, and waterproof mascaras make me nervous anyways because they tend to be harder on your lashes. It's also definitely a more expensive mascara ($18) but I find that I can use a tube for more than the standard 3 months. I think I used my last tube for over 6 months until I finally felt like I needed a new one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE this mascara! I've been using it for almost two years now. It's awesome! Holds a curl, gives volume, and length. Just gorgeous results! :)

Quick tip: LAYER this mascara. Do one coat and let it dry for a minute and add another coat. I usually do three coats, it looks veryyyyyyyy nice.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have straight, droopy Asian lashes and this was just one stop on my endless journey to find a mascara that will volumize and curl my lashes (length isn't much of an issue for me; my lashes are pretty long!)

I bought this mascara hoping that it would live up to its claim and give me dark, full lashes. Unfortunately for me, this mascara is just okay. The brush is cool and doesn't get any product on my eyelid, and it is really good at separating my lashes. It also doesn't smudge, even when I apply it to my lower lashes, which is really nice.

My problem is that it just isn't volumizing or lengthening enough for the $18 price tag. It's a fine mascara for everyday natural use but it isn't what I bought it for, and it isn't what I spent that much money for. I'll use it up but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have short thin lashes. I used this mascara and it did the job. Does not give great length, but does add fullness. Doesn't flake and is great for everyday use. I mainly used it for work. Love the brush, I will definitely be repurchasing

This mascara is HG material for me. I received it for free with Sephora's 500 point perk that was a BE set. There was a full size of this mascara included. I wasn't really interested at first but now I love it. The brush is quite long but I wouldn't say it's thick. It has nice bristles that aren't very dense and do wonders for defining and lengthening. This mascara stays on me all day and doesn't smudge all over my eyes. There is not much more I can say about it... this stuff is awesome. Will def repurchase, no question! (Will upload a pic into the review).

Now this is an Okay mascara. My lashes are pretty short so this wasnt the best for me. The formula I found wasnt thick enough for me. It also wasnt black enough. I did , though, LOVE the brush! It was soooo goof for gripping on to my lashes! I ended up giving this to my friend who has longer lashes then me and she really likes it! So this is good, but not for me :/

I've had this product for about a month and I love it! It does a great job at getting the corner eyelashes. It also makes my eyelashed look very long and voluminous. There is one problem though, it tends to flake by the end of the day. If it didn't flake then it would sure receive a 5/5. I would buy this product again, but I still want to try other ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good mascara but very similar to lash blast. I rather just go with that .this mascar does make my eyelashes good but they go straight in a few hours and it leaves crumbs of mascara

This mascara is just ok. Here's what I like and don't like:

I really like the applicator and the texture of the product. The formula is perfect in terms of thickness--it is neither too dry nor too wet and the bristles on the wand give very good lash separation. The wand is a good size as well and I am able to get the inner and outer corner of my lashes even though I have small eyes because of the shape--it slightly fans out at the top and bottom of the wand. I also like that the end of the brush is blunt so that you can easily swipe all the excess product from the end so that it is clean enough to really push into your bottom and corner lashes like they are always showing you in magazines. It also lengthens, but I've had other mascaras that did a better job--but it's not terrible at that.

I don't like that it doesn't hold curl very well. I have stick-straight, downward pointing lashes and the most important part of the mascara for me is whether or not it holds curl. It's sort of a deal breaker for me. This does a decent job but comes nowhere close to my favorite mascaras like Tarte LCS or Dior Extase. Additionally, I don't think it does a very good job of thickening at all. I think this has to do with the fact that the brush is soooo good at separating--maybe too good. Finally, I've also found that this mascara does not last me the entire day--it smudges a bit and also just seems to fade away. I know it's not waterproof but still, it just doesn't last.

For me, this mascara is just very 'meh'. It's not the worst I've used but definitely not the best. I'll use up the bottle that I have but I won't be repurchasing. I highly recommend Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes, which is in the same price range.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I got this with the lashstash for Christmas this year and oh my gosh I love it! I have super thick lashes and the tiny bristles that at are visible truly tame my lashes and lengthen them so much! I'm definitley buying it as soon as I'm done testing out a few of the other mascaras

Popular Mascaras