E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 5/5/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in black and it was not very pigmented. The black seemed more like grey black and it starts smudging after a few hours. It also started leaking after first use.

on 4/25/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is definatley not waterproof. The product dries up fast and is not pigmented enough for me.

on 4/11/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Dupe Alert! This is similar to Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner. I say similar, because it does transfer around and is not what I would call waterproof at all...but in terms of color pigmentation and application, spot on for the Stila. Since an eyeliner being really waterproof is important to me - nothing makes me looks worse than raccoon eyes at the end of the day, I wouldn't name this my HG of eyeliners...but it is darn close! And if you are on a budget and don't mind a few touch ups - go for it!

This is definitely a deal for the price. I would go so far as to say the best eyeliner deal for this price! I got really excited when I saw this for only $1 in Target - I did a double take. I almost didn't buy this because I had just repurchased the Stila, but then I thought...hey, it's only $1. I am glad I did! This is a great one to stash in your purse for touch ups and if I am ever in a money crunch and don't want to shell out $17 for Stila at some point - this would be my first backup!

on 4/8/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had recently bought several products online from e.l.f. and had success with most of them. I didn't realize target carried e.l.f. so when I was in there the other day I was quite excited. I had a gift card to use up so I decided to try out the eyeliner pen. I picked out coffee because most of my eyeliners are black. Coffee is a nice dark brown color just like the coffee you would take out of the pot. It went on smooth and dark and the small amount I put on my hand wouldn't budge so that shows that its long lasting. I love the idea of eyeliner pens because i'm far from an expert at using liquid eyeliner. This was very user friendly, especially compared to the previous loreal eyeliner pen that was terrible, watery and smudgey. For a buck I'd def buy this again and next time I'll pick up a few more colors.

on 4/3/2011 9:38:00 AM

I recently got this waterproof eyeliner and was in love with the way this goes on. The fine tip makes this very easy to get a very thin line. However the formula is pretty bad, I was expecting it to be waterproof but it wasn't. It ran and when I touched it after an hour or so it came right off on my fingers. I don't understand how that is suppose to be waterproof? So..what I do is put a sealant over it which really defeats the purpose because I can put sealant over anything to make it a true waterproof liner.
The good things about this liner is the applicator and the price. I will not be repurchaseing this.

on 4/1/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is now a product I will repurchase as soon as I run out.

I am one of those people who are hopelessly clumsy at applying liquid eyeliner. Forget about those that come with a thin, flexible brush; I will get large clumps of colour everywhere, including in my eyes. I started using the Shiseido eyeliner with the tapered brush, and absolutely loved it; it was suddenly very easy to draw any kind of line from super thick to super thin.
Well, this eyeliner isn't quite as good as the Shiseido one. The tip isn't quite as nice to work with, and it is a bit stingy on the colour, which means less inky effect and a bit more work if you want a really strong look. BUT: One of these babies cost a TENTH of the price of a REFILL of the Shiseido pens! I'm not unwilling to splurge on makeup, but really, these pens are ridiculously cheap, and wonderful for everyday use. Unlike the Shiseido pen, they won't dry out before the pen is used up, and they do last a very long time. They also give you a very long-lasting makeup, once again, unlike the Shiseido pen.

If you want a liquid eyeliner that's easy to apply, dirt cheap, and gives a very durable, thin line, then this is absolutely the one to choose.

EDIT: Adding an extra lippie, 'cause really, they're worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try a different color eyeliner since all of the ones I own are black. This kinda smudges a bit and the coffee color seems kinda dark. Cant ask for more since it was a buck

on 3/17/2011 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Sorry - this is bad. Unless I purchased the driest one in the batch, I couldn't even line my eyes with this for the 1st use. It didn't work over my makeup and without any makeup it gave the faintest line I've ever seen any eyeliner give. I tossed it in the trash.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have this in black and Midnight (navy). I don't know why it's gotten such terrible reviews, but I actually like this a lot. I got Midnight first and LOVED it- easy to do a thin line, but buildable, and very pigmented. I got the black and it's not quite as pigmented and oddly enough, the tip seems longer and a tad wider than Midnight. Overall, I like this product and will probably purchase again.

on 2/28/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The concept of having the liquid eyeliner as a pen form, was a good idea gone bad. The product dries out too quick and at times, the sponge distributes the formula uneven. Good thing I only spent $1.