September 17, 2014 | 2030 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a different color eyeliner since all of the ones I own are black. This kinda smudges a bit and the coffee color seems kinda dark. Cant ask for more since it was a buck

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Sorry - this is bad. Unless I purchased the driest one in the batch, I couldn't even line my eyes with this for the 1st use. It didn't work over my makeup and without any makeup it gave the faintest line I've ever seen any eyeliner give. I tossed it in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaiserRACHEL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in black and Midnight (navy). I don't know why it's gotten such terrible reviews, but I actually like this a lot. I got Midnight first and LOVED it- easy to do a thin line, but buildable, and very pigmented. I got the black and it's not quite as pigmented and oddly enough, the tip seems longer and a tad wider than Midnight. Overall, I like this product and will probably purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The concept of having the liquid eyeliner as a pen form, was a good idea gone bad. The product dries out too quick and at times, the sponge distributes the formula uneven. Good thing I only spent $1.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. They were only a dollar each, which I think is a good deal for what you're getting. The black is the only one I would actually repurchase. It is nice and dark, and it's comparable to most drugstore and high end brands I've used. For some reason I always have trouble applying liquid liners so I like the pen liners. The tip is kind of big, you have to use only the very tip of it if you want a thin line. Luckily for me, I found this easy to control and good get either a think or thin line depending on what I wanted.

For me, the brown colored liner (Coffee) wasn't really anything special. It was pigmented enough, but still looked slightly watery, so I turned it upside down and left it for a few days. When I came back to it, all of the "ink" had somehow emptied into the cap and made a huge mess. This was probably just a fluke because I've stored the other two upside down and nothing happened, but it's still disappointing. From what I've seen of the color before that though was nothing special.

The purple color (Plum) was disappointing. The color was very watery and I tried everything I could to get the color to come out better. I left it upside down for a week, put it in the freezer, put it under my hair dryer, ran cold water over it, ran hot water over it, and nothing would make the color anymore intense.

I would recommend the black color to anyone who is looking for the liquid liner look with an easier application, but the other colors seem to be hit and miss based on all of the reviews I have seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased these in a trio pack for $2.50 at Zellers. The package contained 1 eyeliner shimmer pencil in a gunmetal shade and 2 eyeliner pens in the shades black and coffee.
I was pretty bummed that the black eyeliner pen was a dud and the only colour that came out of it was this watery gray colour. Despite shaking it and storing it as instructed for a few days the pigmentation never came through. On the other had I really like the coffee colour. A matte medium warm brown with excellent pigmentation. Wears well through out the day applied to my upper lash line without budging or fading. When I try to wear this on my lower lash line it looks like a hot mess within 2 hours.
I'm glad I bought these to give them a try at such a steal of a deal, but personally will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to love this product, but they kept drying up to fast. I have to have several on hand because it seems like it only take a week or two before they start to dry out and not go on as well. The last one i got had a faulty cap, and it came off at night and it dried up the same day I got it. Some of these i buy go on well, and some of them are just to watery to make a good line and it fades off really quickly. It def. is not waterproof, I use this product now just to make my base line on my lid, then I go over that line with my better cream liner. It is an alright product for the price though. I def. keep it on hand, in case I get in a pinch.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in black and it was not very pigmented. The black seemed more like grey black and it starts smudging after a few hours. It also started leaking after first use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by cesyxn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i like thwe concept of this type of eyeliner and i really wanted to like it but its just okay. Ive tried 3 of them and ive had the same result with all of them.They tend to dry up fairly quick i would say 3 weeks if you use it daily. If you wand a really black line you need to go over your eye at least twice. Sometimes it tugs at your eye when thw formula is drier. It is not waterproof so i cant use it in the waterline. I really like the tip and the fact that it is pen i just wish the formula was waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was really good! I was suprised because of the price. It went on very well, and stayed on. Both the Black and Brown are great!