November 27, 2014 | 933 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

great matte bronzer for pale cool toned skin, perfect for contouring under cheekbones as there is no shimmer in it. It's very pigmented so if you're heavy handed with it you can look dirty, so use a quality contour brush (not the crappy one it comes with) and build gently. I hate the cheap cardboard packaging, but as long as it lives in my makeup case and doesn't travel around it should last. There are so few matte bronzers out there for cool toned skin, and this one works well. The only alternative I can find in my city is Harmony by MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JadeFatale

Overall: Good for contouring and correcting foundation that is too light for you.

Having used E. L. F. Cool Bronzer, I really liked the bottom left colour and was looking for a product that just had that colour. Hoola is really close to it, and I love it! I use it to contour my cheeks and jawline! Have to blend it really well so it looks natural, but it is pigmented and if you wear foundation it blends well. Love that it is matte, no shimmer in it so it is best for contouring.

Also, I am Chinese from SEA living in UK so need to deal with being really warm tanned Malay like colour skin to pale grey Chinese skin (and all the shades in between) regularly since my skin tans quickly and fades quickly. Fed up with having to buy a different shade of foundation all the time, I just apply the lighter foundation closest to my skin tone, and use this product to lightly dust all over my face (applying more thickly where I contour). It really helps and is a trick to use in case you buy foundation that is too light for your skin as well!

I have pale skin now that it is winter, and do not think that Hoola will be good for contouring once I get tanned in the summer as it is not dark enough. When it comes round I'll probably go back to E. L. F. but for now I am loving Hoola!

P.s. the brush sucks I threw it away immediately after I tried it and it Did. Not. Blend. At. All. I had a brown streak on my cheek that refused to budge with that brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

I generally love all benefit products. I usually don't use bronzer but I got a mini size hoola with their sexy little stowaways kit. I must say I just love how it wears. It gives me that awesome sun kissed look. The only thing that I sort of don't like is the smell. It lasts forever too. I don't think I will buy the full size product though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I use this for contouring, I don't ever use it as a bronzer all over my face, so I can't post a review on that, but for contouring it is really good! It has no shine or sparkle making it perfect for powder contouring! And it lasts forever, I would get it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Too cool-toned for me. Probably because my skin is so yellow, but when I wear this it looks almost grey on my cheeks. Even when used to contour with I still feel that there's something 'off' with my face. There is absolutely no hint of orange, shimmer or sparkle. The texture of the powder is lovely, very smooth to apply, strong pigmentation and blends well onto the cheeks, providing you start off using a little bronzer at a time and then adding more if needed. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After looking around the web for several weeks on facial contouring w/ makeup, I began my hunt for a matte bronzer that wouldn't look uber dark on my NW15 skin. My only other benefit item in the past was dandelion, which is a bubblegum pink blusher with light shimmer. It looks great on pale skin tones.
The way I got my hoola bronzer was in benefit's "Legally Bronze" kit. This kit is still for sale at Sephora, and it's $38 for a full size hoola, high beam, BADgal brown mascara, and gilded highlighter pencil. That's a huge bargain for 4 full size benefit products.
Hoola is a nice matte bronzer that is quite concentrated, so if you have fair skin like I do, you really need to be careful not to get too heavy handed with it. It does run slightly orangey on me, but like I said, I am super pale. I know many people dislike the box packaging benefit uses for their bronzers and blushers, and I am one of them. However, paper is more environmentally friendly than plastic, so the box isn't a huge deal to me.
When I first applied hoola to contour my cheekbones, I didn't like it much. It looked muddy and obvious. But! I learned that was definitely user error. I purchased e.l.f.'s studio angled blush brush, and it works like a dream. I now have perfectly contoured cheekbones. So tools matter, and practice is needed as well.
Now, since I've said such good things about this bronzer, it may seem puzzling why I took off a lippie and said I would not repurchase. That's because I couldn't see myself spending $28 on a bronzer. Even this one. I know there are many other bronzers that would work just as well for my purposes, but for a lot less money. The only reason I have this bronzer, even though it is wonderful, is because it came in a kit that was such a bargain.
If you don't care to spend the money, this is a great contouring bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I like this bronzer, but for me it is a little more high maintenance than my HG, Tarte Park Avenue Princess. It goes on my skin looking harsh and I have to blend it in alot more, rather than layer it up. I tend to put it on with a very fluffy brush for lighter application and then blend it out with a powder brush. But it works on my very fair skin, just takes some extra elbow grease.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by DeeDeena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this bronzer. Looks natural and beautiful on. The packaging is cute, but tbh there's no point of the little brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the best make up purchases I ever made! I use this daily for contouring and warming up my face. I'm roughly NC15 and while NYx Taupe e.g. just looks dirty on me, Benefit Hoola is my absolute HG!! It lasts all day,too. Loves this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by karen360

LOVE this bronzer. It's got a little bit of shimmer in it, but barely noticeable.
Love the packaging as well and the price is fairly decent.