January 26, 2015 | 1581 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mmilikethat

I have Asian eyelashes that are super straight and I have to curl them. (They're not short though.) So far this is my favorite mascara because it doesn't uncurl them like everything else (CoverGirl, Maybelline, MAC, Clinique.....)
I love it! It makes my lashes so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Let me summarize my experience with this:

PRO:
* the color is very dark black
* the brush separates the lashes quite well
* the formula keeps the lashes curled
* nice packaging

CON:
* very, very hard to remove even with an oil-based eye makeup remover
* very dry and flakey looking on the lashes -- not pretty!
* it tends to clump and thickens if you apply too much
* 27 dollars for a mascara I will use for just a few months

Because it's so hard to remove, it's not worth it for me keep using it. I don't want any wrinkles from pulling and tugging my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lilly06

I really like this mascara. The design of the brush is very good. I have to say I haven't had any problems with clumping. This mascara was long wearing with no smudging. One thing I have noticed is that at the end of the day it can irritate my eyes and it's hard to take off. I did wear it everyday but found it a bit harsh. However, I will definitely use it for a wedding I'm going to. Overall, I would buy again. It lengthens thickens and gives my eyelashes great definition and it doesn't clump or smudge- what more could I want!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

I have always used YSL's effect faux cils, with Shiseido's mascara base and and it has never failed me, but out of curiosity I tried DiorShow Iconic. Well, I have to say I am pleasantly surprise. Through reading the reviews, I didn't expect dramatic lashes, I knew exactly what I was going to get - defined, long and separated lashes. I used this with my Shiseido curler and Shiseido's Masacra base and was quite impressed with the results. There were hardly any clumps, and my lashes looked long and defined. I will buy this again as a day time masacra! But for days where I want dramatic lashes, I am sticking with my YSL effect faux cils! This actually reminds me of YSL's everlong, but BETTER!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i admit i was sucked into the hype...after watching the reveiws and such like.

i used this in conjunction with my shiseido mascara base, and it was amazing when it was first applied, but then after a while, i found that it started to droop down. furthermore it took out the curl, but it still stayed pointing upwards....

it was worth the try though and idont regret buying this, i just dont think i would be buying this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, when i bought i loved it for a couple weeks, but after something strange happened to it. i use mascara now more than 13 years but it was the first time when i lost my words. The bristles on the brush-approximately half of them- disappeared!!! i mean no bristels on the brush!!!! so so disappointing!!! never again!!!!!
possibly it is just bad luck or it was just a bad brush, but never ever happened it to me, even with cheap drugstore products..i look after them never pumping with air or any other type of torture.. was shocking.. and this particular mascara claims to be high end... oh yes.... from the rubbish bin...wish i could give zero lippies for it. i uploaded some pictures about this disaster to my profile.. worth to see....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by lovelld

I realize this might border on heresy, but I really do think Dior's Iconic mascara is much better than their much loved (and raved about) Diorshow mascara. The Iconic mascara turns my nubby lashes into a long, sculped fringe that is just beautiful. It washes off easily, doesn't smear during the day or bother my contact lenses. Iconic mascara is "wetter" than Diorshow and goes on easily, dries fast and looks fabulous. I tossed my Diorshow into the trash after a week wearing Dior's Iconic mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

Doesn't clump- whic is great, formula is quite thin. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy easier to remove than the blackout (which took 2-3 eyelashes along wih it everytime), but it doesnt do much for volumizing- 3 coats down the track and still no volume at all. but its great as it really seprates the lashes and doesnt turn them into spider legs!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I had high hopes for this. Maybe that's why I was so disappointed....
It does give you length but the lashes get lumped together and makes my lashes look all spidery which I hate. I am not sure if this is what Dior means by volumizing but not how I like it at all. It also doesn't curl as the name promises. Also it is so hard to remove this mascara and always ends up coming off with my own lashes. For this price, I expected better quality. I would never repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by moschino000

Possibly the best mascara I have tried. I have fair lashes that look to be barely there. I use a cheaper one daily but I wear this on occasions and when I do, people comment on how nice and long my lashes look. I find it to be very long wearing and doesnt smudge or flake.
I also love the brush. its very easy to use and curls my lashes perfectly.
For those wanting a mascara that will last through a whole night of partying, this is probably one of the best.
I may buy again, but I don't i wear it often enough