April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by SexySnowfall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!! Seriously, it blends great, is amazingly soft, and CHEAP! I love the bamboo handle too! plus its eco friendly and I love that! So far I'm very impressed with all the brushes from ecotools! This is just another fabulous brush in their collection! I even got my sister to love it! I will DEFINITELY repurchase if I ever need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

I honestly dont know how I lived without a separate blush brush. I've always used my powder brush. But now I am in LOVE. Soft, luxurious and cheap. Doesnt shed and picks up the right amount and makes me look so natural. I think this could tone down any blush you find too harsh because it doesnt pick up too much. This will last me a long time but if I lose it I'll defenitly buy again. I have ALL the brushes from this line except the retractable kabuki which I dont think you can find in canada, if any one knows where in Canada I can find, I'd greatly appreciate a short email.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super soft and does not shed. I've washed it several times and the shape has remain the same. My only problem is that it is a bit too big. I prefer smaller blush brushes for more control because I don't like applying blush in large areas. It's still a wonderful brush though. If you're looking for a good quality blush brush for less, this is a great option.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by wcdancer77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a makeup artist, i was very impressed when i purchased this product. It is vey durable and none of the hair sheded like most brushes do. It is so easy to clean and i have been using the same ones for over a year now and they still feel brand new and do not seperate. I would buy the brush kits which are only 10 bucks at walgreens. Better than my Armani and MAC brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I bought this last week on a whim, and I'm so glad I did! It's incredibly soft and seems well made. It picks up and deposits my blush perfectly (to me anyway--I've never used high end brushes like Mac or Chanel) My usual brands are Sonia Kashuk and Quo. This has taken over as my favorite blush brush. I think it could be used for blending my makeup as well. I would strongly recommend this brush, i have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

Fabulous brush, it definitely lives up to the rave reviews it receives. I will definitely be replacing the rest of my brushes with these in the hopes the perform as well as this blush brush.

PROS: (1) environmentally friendly with bamboo handle and taklon synthetic brushes that are 100% cruelty free. Even the ferrule (the metal part of the brush that binds bristles to handles) is made of recycled aluminium. (2) comes with reusable sealable poach, ideal for storage and drying to get the shape of the brush back. (3) bristle are incredibly soft and cut. These soft bristles are what make it possible for you to get the perfect amount of blush and allow you to apply with precision and seamlessly blend. (4) since I started using this blush brush I get a lot more compliments on my cheeks!

CONS: NONE!

I am so glad I came across this tool, it beats out the MAC and drug store brushes I have tried in the past. When I have worn this one out, this is the one I plan to go back to.
Happy Shopping

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jennlee1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing! It is synthetic bristles and it has a bamboo handle which I thought was very cute.
It is the perfect size for blush and I always use this brush over my mac blush brushes.
TRY IT OUT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing blush brush!! It picks up just right amount of blush, and distributes it so evenly and flawlessly! I love it, and I'm so glad I didn't spend $32 on the MAC 116!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Okay, well my real rating for this is a 3.5.

I don't think this brush is *bad*. It's definitely the softest brush I have in my collection, hands down, and it's a great buy for the price. However, I think that this brush is actually *too* soft :o. I bought this brush to use with my new Smashbox blush, and when I tried to use it, I thought there was something wrong with the blush. I mean, I couldn't get a buildup of colour on my cheeks, and no matter how much blush I put on the blush, the colour just wouldn't show up on my face. It was then I realized that when I touched the brush to my face, a whole poof of powder went flying into the air and was completely wasted. What a turn off.

Then I tried it again with my trusty CoverFX round white foundation brush, and voila, problem solved. My Smashbox blush wasn't lame & defective after all.

Anyways, point of my story is that I think this brush is not very suitable for tighter-packed powder blushes like Smashbox. It might work better with looser packed or loose powder blushes I think it is a mix of the incredible softness and the shape of the brush: it is perfect for flicking the powder into the atmosphere, but not so much onto your face.

If I find a technique that will prove me wrong, I will definitely update my review. Also, it is the sheer quality of the brush itself that is preventing me from returning it and liberating this brush to 3.5 lippies. For the price, I'll do not regret buying it, and I know it will eventually be a use for *something*. Right now though, it's just sitting pretty on my dresser.

EDIT:: Okay, so I might have reviewed prematurely. I find this brush to deposit a good enough amount of blush for an everyday look, like just a light dusting. Though true to my original post, it's not too good for layering. It just doesn't pick up *enough* pigment. But raising my rating +1 lippie to a four, because it is also the only brush soft enough to use everyday without irritating my face!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ooh feels so soft!! and cheap!!

I haven't used other popular blush brushes but by far this is the softest i've tried.
It looks really full but the tip is tapered such that I can control where the blush goes on my cheek, unlike the one i've been using so far =p.

Compared to my other nameless blush brush, this one doesn't pick up that much colour. I guess that is because the hair of the brush is very fine?

I will probably buy powder brush from this brand as well...

ETA:
Now that I have used some other brushes like NARS Ita brush, Sonia Kashuk highlighting(looks like MAC 187) & multipurpose brush, MAC brush set(a cheap 5 for $50 version), etc, I concluded that:

- it picks up very little makeup, be it really pigmented blush or powder, powder foundation, etc.
OR it just somehow "soaks up" all that makeup and doesn't deposit much on to my face.

So now I only use it to dust off excess powder off my face or
when I want to apply a blush very light handedly.
I also noticed the sparkle/shine of a blush(like NARS orgasm) doesn't show up on my face when I use this brush.

It does feel super duper soft though