October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Katelove4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love this! Looks so good with pro-finish powder to set it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

Oily skin, NC25-30. Shade 140 in HD. I like the finish and lightness of HD foundation, yet was disappointed that it does not hold oil at all and melts down quickly on my skin. So i have been mixing it with double wear foundation by EL, a long lasting oil control foundation whose finish is too heavy for my taste . When the two are mixed together, they balance each other very well. I adjust the proportions of each foundation to create the desirable level of coverage /oli control depending on my skin condition. SO far so good. But i guess i will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by melisca

I needed a foundation that especially appears well on camera (as I was disappointed how my Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch appeared on pictures) and the shop assistant in Sephora recommended to me this one. Finding the right shade was quite difficult however and in a way not that successful which is the main reason I am giving it 4. Otherwise this foundation gives my skin a tender satin finish and very well glides with my natural skin tone although making it slightly lighter (I considered 135 to be the best match for me). Besides this on the pictures I took later the product was also pretty unnoticeable. So in a way I am pretty much satisfied with my choice although II wish it was slightly cheaper and there was a better shade collection. I am not quite sure whether I will buy it again or not, let me first see how it matches my skin after the summer.

An update ... I bought another one for the winter - 118. A perfect match for me because I can sparingly apply it on my face, even leave my cheek area untouched and it is completely invisible. Furhter, on pictures no matter the lights there is no difference between my face and neck! So I am increasing my rating! Just to mention that it stays pretty long on my face and is not cakey, not that I use too much from the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by soledad15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is really great foundation and have good smell also great coverage. however, i couldn't find a perfect shade for my skin tone i end up buying shade 153 although i wished it could be bit lighter , still one of the best product i used

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by RizzaB7

Okay I have to say this is one of the best foundations I have ever tried In terms of what it does to my skin, and I have tried all sorts, mac studio fix, mac studio tech, mac studio sculpt, Estee Lauder double wear etc.

Out of them all this makes my skin look the best ! It is the only foundation which completely evens out my skin AND doesnt go blotchy which almost all my other foundations tend to do. The coverage is probably light to medium but you can layer it so that it becomes full without it ever going cakey, which is great.

My skin looks unreal with this on . It looks natural like your not wearing make up but at the same time your skin looks absolutely flawless and glowing . (And I do have a few darks spots which disappear once I put this on)

Yes this is my favorite foundation and since I cant buy it here in NZ I try only to use it on special occasions..

I am a MAC NC25 and I use 120 in makeup forever - absolutely perfect colour match.

However There is a downside!!. After an hour or so your skin can get really oily using this so I do have to powder quite alot with this foundation more so than with studio fix by comparison. Oh and the price - its not cheap !

Personally I would definitely recommend this Especially if your skin isn't super oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Maria12977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate this foundation. It's too heavy and cakey looking. I think my skin hates foundations. This product made my pores clog up so fast. I do not recommend for acne-prone, combo, or oily skin! Plus, this is way too expensive! I suggest that if someone needs foundation to coverup acne just get Almay (skin clearing type), it is so much gentler on the skin compared to most foundations. Problem with Almay is it tends to feel oily throughout the day, but at least it doesn't break me out! Good Luck! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Still searching for a good enough substitute for Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation (since they discontinued my shade), I decided to try this. It goes on smoothly and has great coverage and easy build-up. When my skin is at it's best I don't even have to wear concealer with this. It looks flawless and even, and it lasts all day. It doesn't melt off my face, but the thing that brings it down for me is that I get quite a shiny face after a few hours. I have to blot maybe once or twice during the day (I have an oily t-zone). Other than that I am very pleased. I don't know if I will repurchase, maybe if I find a better setting powder that doesn't make my face shine. I now use MUFE HD microfinish powder, which one would think would be the perfect match, but apparently not for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by MsAdelyn

First off, I don't like the packaging. I always end up breaking the plastic stopper.

This foundation is very pricey but I'm really thankful Sephora often offers 15 to 20% off discounts. The foundation itself looks amazing on my combination skin. My skin looks flawless after I put this on.

However it does melt on my skin after a few hours if I don't put any primer and powder on my face ...and this is a pity, honestly. I used to use MAC SFF in NC20-NC25 before and it would stay on my face muuuuuuch longer without any powder on but I was tired of the full coverage it gives. So i gave MUFE HD a try. It is a light to medium coverage foundation and not full coverage as I heard. I would definitly not recommand this to anyone with oily skin cause it just won't last on your face.

I had a hard time finding my color. I first got matched #118 but it was a little bit too dark for my NC20 skin color so I gave #117 a try. I wouldn't say #117 is the answer to NC20's skin (in studio fix fluid) because #117 is a slight bit lighter but, it would suit anyone between NC15 and NC20. So I always have to put on bronzer or something to have the correct shade on my face and match it with the rest of my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by julielynch

I have been using Make up forever HD foundation in shade120 for over a year now and I love it! I have dry skin and I find this makeup to help with that and it also gives a flawless look to my face. I constantly get complimented on my skin and how it looks like its glowing. The only downfall I have found is that is tends to take a little while to set, especially in the summer months. A simple solution is to just lightly dust the HD foundation compact overtop of it and it sets it for all day and night! I will continue to use this product as long as I can. It is a bit pricey but its worth every penny ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation in #127 Dark Sand, and I am always being told that I should try this foundation again and again... I didn't like this stuff at all.
- It was not good for my oily skin - within a short time I had a slippery looking, cakey mess.
- Shades did not match well - #127 matched best but turned very orange and oxidized a lot on my skin
- Claims to be oil free, med-full flawless coverage and I don't feel like it provided any of these things!

For $49 or maybe a little bit more you can get a much higher end foundation that provides these things and looks amazing. I now use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24hr which is $50 and is the best foundation I have ever tried. I wouldn't try another MUFE foundation or powder product again and def wouldn't recommend for oily skin types.