December 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

Ok first of all if you have dry skin you will not like this foundation unless you moisturize with a heavy moisturizer. It is a matte finish. I like this however when using I use Embrolisse Lait-Creme it helps it go on smooth and if I do have dry areas you can't tell. This is full coverage so it covers well I still use concealer but I think that is more out of habit. I then use the HD Powder to set it and I then will lightly sweep Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation for color and it just leaves my skin looking so smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

This was my 2nd foundation purchase from Sephora, when I was more naive, and just took the word of a sales associate to buy it on the spot without trying a sample. I still have it on my vanity to compare with samples I receive or new purchases.
The price tag, compared to the other ones in Sephora is fair, but it definitely is not worth the price tag.

Color:
Mine was 117, which is a yellow based color. looks very nice when actually applied to the skin. for a semi matte foundation, it makes my face look brighter naturally (without shimmers, glow, light reflecting etc. just on its own)

finish:
as I have mentioned, the finish is not completely matte, but is closer to it than being dewy. great for everyday makeup - can look professional, and/or natural.

coverage:
for the first couple hours, the coverage is "just right." corrects for discoloration and redness almost perfectly while still looking natural, and does a pretty good job of hiding hyperpigmentations and acne. Its also one of the foundations that hide the pores better than others. with a porefessional from benefit, my pores are almost unnoticeable even if I build the coverage.

lasting power:
I wouldn't say its one of the worst, but its not the best either. it last about 4~5 hours with a primer, until it starts getting patchy and pretty ugly. my redness starts showing thru, pores start getting accentuated, and it clings to dry spots while completely melting off the Tzone. There is no darkening or changing of colors though which is nice.

Texture:
Its a very nice light weight, blendable formula that is not too pigmented to blend well with hands. Its not dry and chalky like the Estee lauder double wear, but its not super thin and moisturizing like the liquid life from this same brand.

overall, even though I think this is a fair foundation at a reasonable price point, I won't repurchase this because I think there are other foundations out there that makes my skin look healthier than boring semi matte, and that doesn't become patchy in about few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

This is my HG foundation! I love this stuff and I am extremely picky with foundations. I usually always get disappointed with products people normally rave about so I steered away from this foundation for a long time. Unfortunately, as much as I liked Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, it was way too dark for me. It separated after a few hours and I got dry patches. It oxidized so much that I looked funny although initially applying it, the foundation looks absolutely flawless.

Anyway! I decided I needed a foundation that suits my skin tone more, keeps me matte, doesn't break out my acne prone skin, doesn't oxidize, and provide good coverage for my blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and dark circles. I went to Sephora to purchase the Mat Velvet foundation since it provides full coverage but while I was there, the makeup artist suggested this foundation instead. I was skeptical and didn't think this foundation would work for my skin. Lo and behold, after the makeup artist applied the foundation on me, it looked flawless! She used the HD concealer for some of the hyperpigmentation marks that the foundation couldn't fully cover. I would be fine without the concealer as well as it only peeks through a little. I was iffy about it still considering I didn't know how it'll look by the end of the day. I figured I have nothing to lose, I could always return it if it didn't work out.

I tested it out for several days and I have fallen in love with this! I can't go on about how amazing this foundation is. It looks extremely natural (looks like my own skin!) and the coverage is buildable, easy to apply, the colour matches my pale skin seamlessly (I'm 115), doesn't oxidize, doesn't give me dry patches or separate, feels like you have nothing on your skin, keeps my oily skin in check and it's the only foundation I don't need to blot, doesn't aggravate my acne prone skin, and super easy to remove! Usually with other foundations no matter how much makeup remover, cleansing oil, and how I cleanse my face, it doesn't completely come off. Of course, like any product there are going to be people who don't like it. It's worth a shot if you can purchase it at Sephora because you can always return it if it doesn't work out for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by beautygroove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to go to Sephora and do a foundation match and the gal recommended this to me. Under the Sephora lights, it looked beautiful. However, in natural light, the shade I got - 127 Dark Sand was a bit too dark/orange. It's fine in the summer though. I use to like this when I was clueless, and it was the only foundation I used. But when I discovered others, this became my least favorite. I look caky and oily. The foundation doesn't last all day either. And it's expensive! $42...no way. I would never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately it's just too dewy and oily for my already-very-oily-skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really didn't get the hype! But now i have learned the best way to apply this is by blending it in to the skin with a buffer brush, the more you blend, the better it looks. Beautiful foundation. Seamless, flawless coverage. If you're a person that has their photo taken a lot then you will love this foundation, it photographs beautifully! Well worth the trip to buy this foundation, MUFE is hard to find in London:(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nahhhh..... I have been using MAC studio fix fluid (great product) for almost 5 years now and thought of trying something new. So I decided to buy the HD. I was so excited to try it and so disappointed in the end. It is way too watery, minimal coverage and ridiculously expensive,So I I brought it back to Sephora, got my refund and went back to MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Coolnerdgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, not as good as everyone described

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by koacocoa28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin. (little oily in T-zone), not crazily but medium acne
anyway, I've been using this prodcut after I used many different foundation
and BB cream. I have been used Estee Lauder's double wear (it was amazing coverage,
but too matte for my skin). and used Revlon...etc.
MAKEUP FOREVER HD foundation is light (the best part) so You have to build up
for coverage. It has medium coverage but most parts like pores are covered well.
The other thing I wanna add on is that Makeup forever HD Powder. It's light as well.
IF any of you have oily skin, I recommend you this after your foundation. it gives look as if
you do not put skin makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first put this foundation on, I hated it! It made any dry skin that I had really stand out. I thought it didn't look right on me, so I threw it in my foundation drawer. A few weeks later I decided to try it again, because well I did spend $40 bucks on the thing! When I tried it again, I used a primer and I loved the stuff! It matches my skin tone and makes your skin look flawless. I REALLY would not recommend this to ladies with lots of dry skin though.

But overall, this is my HG foundation.