October 2, 2014 | 1071 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by MsAdelyn

First off, I don't like the packaging. I always end up breaking the plastic stopper.

This foundation is very pricey but I'm really thankful Sephora often offers 15 to 20% off discounts. The foundation itself looks amazing on my combination skin. My skin looks flawless after I put this on.

However it does melt on my skin after a few hours if I don't put any primer and powder on my face ...and this is a pity, honestly. I used to use MAC SFF in NC20-NC25 before and it would stay on my face muuuuuuch longer without any powder on but I was tired of the full coverage it gives. So i gave MUFE HD a try. It is a light to medium coverage foundation and not full coverage as I heard. I would definitly not recommand this to anyone with oily skin cause it just won't last on your face.

I had a hard time finding my color. I first got matched #118 but it was a little bit too dark for my NC20 skin color so I gave #117 a try. I wouldn't say #117 is the answer to NC20's skin (in studio fix fluid) because #117 is a slight bit lighter but, it would suit anyone between NC15 and NC20. So I always have to put on bronzer or something to have the correct shade on my face and match it with the rest of my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by julielynch

I have been using Make up forever HD foundation in shade120 for over a year now and I love it! I have dry skin and I find this makeup to help with that and it also gives a flawless look to my face. I constantly get complimented on my skin and how it looks like its glowing. The only downfall I have found is that is tends to take a little while to set, especially in the summer months. A simple solution is to just lightly dust the HD foundation compact overtop of it and it sets it for all day and night! I will continue to use this product as long as I can. It is a bit pricey but its worth every penny ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation in #127 Dark Sand, and I am always being told that I should try this foundation again and again... I didn't like this stuff at all.
- It was not good for my oily skin - within a short time I had a slippery looking, cakey mess.
- Shades did not match well - #127 matched best but turned very orange and oxidized a lot on my skin
- Claims to be oil free, med-full flawless coverage and I don't feel like it provided any of these things!

For $49 or maybe a little bit more you can get a much higher end foundation that provides these things and looks amazing. I now use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24hr which is $50 and is the best foundation I have ever tried. I wouldn't try another MUFE foundation or powder product again and def wouldn't recommend for oily skin types.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Stephxo10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I thought this product would have more coverage than it did its not worth buying being so expensive it should have a better coverage that it says it does and if you have oily skin DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MinnieMe88

I recently decided to try to find a new foundation, just for a change. I'm usually a NC30/35 (depending on the season, summer/winter) so I wanted to give Make Up For Ever's HD foundation a go, I found the perfect match, in 127. I loved how it was light on my skin and matched my yellow undertone so well (asian skin: vietnamese) the only thing is, the coverage wasn't what I had expected for it to be for a medium/full coverage foundation and it ended up having too dewy of a finish for me and my combination/oily skin. I bought the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation in #40 instead, it was a much better foundation for me. Coverage, finish and light weight (not so cakey feeling) as apposed to MAC Studio Fix and MAC Prolongwear. The oil control was much longer too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a good foundation for people with acne and hyper pigmentation. My spots are very light now but still noticeable with this makeup on. The coverage is slightly buildable but not enough for those of us who really need it. I was disappointed by this product's staying power. Even with the MUFA primer and setting powder, this foundation slid of my face within hours. I have combi skin and these days I'm a bit dry due to Retin A, and still it just never worked. Also, this is an HD foundation, so no SPF. It's just not practical for everyday use, unless you add SPF with it. Overall, if you have pretty good skin and take photos or videos, I'd say this makeup would be fine. But for gals like me, I'd say save your money for something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Emmapc

I bought MUFE HD foundation because the girl on Sephora told me it was an amazing oil free foundation, she also told me that it was dermatologically tested and that it wouldn't make me break out, so I bought it. The girl on Sephora told me that 125 was the color for my skin tone so I believed her. I am usually shade 20 in Dior or Chanel's foundation. I used this foundation for one week and that was a lot of time, because first of all the color was too orangey, it didn't last more than 2 hours, my skin was so shiny that I felt the need to take it away because it was very greasy and I started to notice that my pores were starting to get clogged. About the coverage, I would say it is medium coverage, but if you have red blemishes, you would also need to use extra concealer.After that week I was struggling about this foundation, I gave it to my mom, she has dry skin, she doesn't have any blemish, and her only problem are a few fine lines around her eyes, she's also a bit darker than me. She told me that it was too heavy for her, she loved the tone, but she stayed with Chanel's Lift Lumiere. So I just recommend this foundation for someone with dry/combination skin who doesn't care about SPF, and who's skin hasn't got too much scars or discoloration on their skin. I really don't get the hype about this. I prefer dioskin Forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Marta2696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this foundation. It is NOT long lasting whatsoever (not that it advertises that or anything, but one usually hopes for long lasting coverage). It's honestly not flattering on my skin. It makes it almost look...wet I guess. Oh and it just slides around like a kid with socks on a hardwood floor. The reason I rated it as a two as opposed to a one is because its lightest shade ACTUALLY MATCHES MY SKIN TONE...now, this is truly a big deal. For us porcelain princesses, it's quite hard to find something that matches well...or hell, matches at all. So the downsides are as follows: -not long lasting. -not great coverage - slides around easily. Annnnd the upside is as follows: -great color for pale chicas!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Productaddict911

Holy grail foundation! I tried so many foundations and almost gave up on liquid formulas. This is not cakey and mimics your skin but better. 120 soft sand is a perfect match for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in shade 185, the darkest one and while it matched my jawline, when applied all over my face, it looked too dark and muddy. It also has a moderately bad scent. The next shade up 180 looks to be too light; I wish there was a shade in between. But 185 is a very neutral, muddy shade of brown. Don't just rely on a patch test before you buy it. Try it over your entire face before buying.