April 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by PetiteElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and cannot wear liquid foundation, so I was excited to try this product, especially since it contains SPF 15. I've been using it for nearly a year now and it is one of the very few products that does not make my skin react negatively. It evens out my skin tone and leaves it with a natural, flawless finish that does not appear heavy or overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BloodyLovely14

i cant say enough about this product. being 15, i have problematic skin. i wanted some sort of "clean makeup" so i figured that clinique was a good place to start. while at the counter, i had one of the associates do my makeup and recommend this. the color, though it seems dark, it ridiculously perfect!! in a million years you would never be able to tell i was wearing makeup. i applied it myself upon arriving home, and found that the key is to use the sponge. put some on the makeup on one edge/corner and choose a section of the face. i do cheek,cheek,forehead, chin, nose. with the powder on the sponge dab in quickly and lightly and repeat until you have the desired coverage. i think that this is the best makeup for conbination skin. will repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product awhile ago after continually seeking out new foundations for my problematic skin. (I have reactive redness, acne-prone, dry/combination skin with large pores, and a few deep expression lines.) I've used other mineral makeup and powders before and wasn't all that thrilled with any so I figured I would try the "almost makeup", especially since it had a SPF.

I've tried applying this with both a brush and the sponge applicator. I can't say that either way was better than the other, the only difference is the level of coverage you receive.

As far as my complexion, I saw no improvement in achieving a more even-toned skin, most likely because of the sheer to light coverage this product provides. I was afraid to apply more because like most powder or mineral makeup, I found that this made my pores stand out even more than they do naturally. I'm looking forward to trying this over a primer, with hope that this might improve. I also noticed that this product tended to emphasize the "peach fuzz" too.

I realize everyone's skin is unique, and what works for one, might not work for another. In my overall opinion, I was not thrilled with this product. I'm looking forward to trying some other Clinique foundations/tinted-moisturizers in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I wasn't planning to buy this item, but there it was, in Sephora, they added a little display right in the middle of the walkway towards the cashier. I remembered reading the positive reviews here & bought neutral. It is just a tad darker than my now NC 30 skin, which I will "tan" into it in a couple of months. This powder is good for my dry cheeks as well as the slightly oily T-zone. I experimented it side by side with Shiseido's Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15 I 40 on one side & the other side with this powder. Other than the colour (Shiseido showed up slightly lighter in comparison) there are no difference in appearance & feel, after 3 hours. This retails for Cdn$30. Once again, I wouldn't pay any attention to this product if its not for you MUAers out there :0)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Jean17

Love it. Good coverage, doesn't break me out, and doesn't make me look as old as some other powder foundations. Doubles as concealer, too. I'm fair, but yellow toned and the light works well for most of the year (dead of winter nothing seems to match perfect for me).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by NotYourAverageCanadianGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful powder foundation. Nice light, natural coverage. I wear Fair 01, and it's a pretty good match for me, maybe just a tad yellow. Really evens out skin and hides most redness. The texture is light and silky. Unfortunately, this powder foundation really clogs my pores, and I mean really. As much as I love this product, I won't be repurchasing, for my skin's sake.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by martynkaburza

I have rather oil skin (but no acne) and this product is perfect for me. It makes my skin looks fresh and natural for almost 8 hours. The price is a little bit too expensive for me but the product is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by katienurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crashntome09

... And on the 8th Day God created Almost powder makeup. Great packaging, great coverage. I am super fair and most powders dont match me but the 01 Fair matches me like a dream. It does not break me out and everything breaks me out. Looking at my face to hard will break me out, but not this! I love it. If only I could find a foundation that I could be excited about. Excuse me while I go make babies with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is perfect for me. I got this because i wanted the gift with purchase (hehehehe!) And i needed something like this and the sales person talked me into it. How glad i am she did. It -does- cover minor skin colorations and such but pretty much leaves your skin looking natural and smooth. I love the way it feels: like nothing! It is not drying like powder, has more coverage, and lasts almost all day. I just put a touch (just a tiny bit is all that is needed!) on the sponger and work its way all over. Dont use too much or you can see it is powder. And dont use over foundation or it will look super makeupish. But if your skin is already pretty nice and you just need a little oomph try this.