October 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost gave his makeup a 4, but I realized that it actually improves as the day goes by, so must give it a 5.

I have long been a makeup snob, and only used Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc. But with foundation, those lines all failed me. I came to Makeupalley.com and saw all of these raves for this Clinique Almost Powder Makeup. Finally, I had to give it a try. Yes, I am a makeup snob. And Clinique has no snob appeal. But the reviews made me believe that maybe this product was different.

It was hard to find the perfect color. One rep gave me #5, which I went home and removed because it was just too muddy on me. The next day another gave me #2. This looked fine in the store but at home looked completely washed out. The third rep gave me #4, and it worked.

It works really well! The trick is to try it on your jawline and see how it matches your neck. If they match, it's the right color. You may think it should be slightly lighter than your neck, but definitely not. They must be the same.

The most amazing thing about this powder is: It improves over time. It's powder, so it's dry (but light) as it goes on. As the day goes by, instead of disappearing, it sinks into your skin. It works with your oils, and looks great. Yes, I need a touchup around 1 or 2, but I'm oily. So I just wipe off the oiliest spots in my T-zone, and apply a bit more. I love to use a kabuki brush both first thing in the morning and for touchups. And for the average makeup kit, it's not a huge item.

So those are my insights into this wonderful makeup. Check it out!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. This is perfect for summer months when you don't want to wear anything too heavy. I have this in neutral and eventhough I have very fair skin, it blends very well. I evens out my skin and looks very natural. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this based on the good reviews it got here. I use EM usually, but just had to try this to see if I was missing something :-)
I got this in Neutral Fair. The color matches my skin tone perfectly. It evens out my complexion really well. It also does a good job covering leftover acne marks I sun spots. I use this under my EM foundation (just enough to blend my concealer covering imperfections, and under my eyes). Sometimes I do use just this over concealer and it looks great. I haven't had any problems with it irritating my skin or causing any blemishes. The finish is very natural; not cakey at all. It's a really nice product! I'll probably get a slightly darker shade for summer (neutral).
This is a keeper!
Aug. 09 update: I got this in neutral 04 and it's perfect for a bit of summer color. This is a great powder!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by simkmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have alwasy used Cliniquue makeup and was cautious to try something other than the doubleface powder/foundation i have used for YEARS. But my one complaint was double face became caky and was not a bit to thick. After the Clinique professional told me about Almost Powder and applied it to my skin i was AMAZED! I have been using it for ovr 2 months and can nto believe how log lasting and great it feels to wear. Lightweight and by far the best coverage from clinique, even when i have readness or a blemish. Definitely worth visitng a clinique counter to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

I'm surprised by the kind of low reviews of this powder.

For myself, I bought this powder after seeing it put on one of my friends in a demo at the clinique counter and I loved it! It was honestly something I would have just walked right by thinking it was just powder. However, it has very good coverage for a powder and is definitely more of a powder/foundation.

Personally I haven't had any problems yet as far as fading. Although perhaps those that have experienced this had oilier skin however, for my part it works great.

I am also a big fan of the spf factor built in. All in all i think it's awesome. I recommend at least giving it a try--i think it would be good for pale girls...the problem i usually have with powders that I Dont have with this one is they end up too yellow...even in the lightest shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by catadelic

Maybe it's not perfect, but -- quite good. I'm not a guru in compact powders, but I think it's worth attention and it's money.
No 01 Fair suits me quite well. Give it four as I think there can be products better) It's not cakey.

And the brush (european version) is soooo smooth and nice to skin. Love it and use for other powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wanted this product to work so badly for me!! but it just didn't. no matter what color i got, how i put it on, what i put it on over...it never quite sat right on my face. medium was too dark, light was too light. it looked like it just "sat" on the surface of my face; it was extremely noticable. it could have been because the color didn't exactly match my skin. i've tried to purchase this 3 or 4 times and am never happy with it so i take it back!! finally i decided to stick with the perfectly real powder foundation, which i feel works much better with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Neutral 04 and it matches me pretty decent. I am NC37/C4 in MAC. The powder is a tad tanner/browner than my studio fix powder that I have so it looks a little off on my face but this was the closest match. I only use this to set my liquid foundations and it makes my face look smooth but not as smooth as I would like...it doesn't cover up scars as well as studio fix either. I only bought this because Clinique was having a gift with purchase and I was looking for a new powder to try out anyway. This product costed around 21 bucks, give or take a dollar...and it's NOT cheaper than studio fix powder because there's less product for this price. It contains .35 oz/ 10 g whereas studio fix contains .52 oz/ 15 g and costs about 26 bucks. Overall the packaging is cute but I don't like how the sponge applicator sits on top of the powder. It seems so icky to me...LOL. And overall, I wouldn't buy this again only because this is light to medium coverage...not as full as I would like when wearing it alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by percyville

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I am an African American (light skinned). I tried this in everycolor close to my skin tone with no good results. The colors were either to light or to dark. The Sales person told me that she didn't have any good results with this product even when she tried it. She said that she thought it was the SPF that they added which made the color go either ash or dark on alot of people. She siad that the people with the best luck with this product tended to be fair to very fair. I asked her if Clinique knew about this and she said that she had talked with them as had other people. I use Perfectly Real Compact in #130 and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jimeezgirl

I heard a lot of good things about this and was dying to try it to see how it held up compared to the mineral foundation I usually wear. However, the price put me off.

I found it at a CCO though for only $15.75 and the lightest shade matched me perfectly. I usually have a terrible time with Clinique foundations. I have never found a liquid one that was light enough or did not look orange on me.

Anyway, I really like this overall. The coverage is light to almost medium. I have large pores, and unlike some others who have reviewed this, I do not find that it emphasizes them at all. It covers them a bit, but does not make them go away completely. It leaves a matte finish without looking too dry. (I do moisturize first though) I have to use a separate concealer for my eyes, but so far have not had to use one for the rest of my face.

This has not broken me out which is also rare for me. I have the most sensitive, acne-prone skin ever!

Many powder foundations let my oily skin through and then the makeup seems to clump together-especially near my nose. I have not experienced that AT ALL with this. This is the first foundation I have used that has not done that.

Even though I find this a little on the expensive side, I will definitely purchase again.
continued >>