July 29, 2014 | 1564 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wanted this product to work so badly for me!! but it just didn't. no matter what color i got, how i put it on, what i put it on over...it never quite sat right on my face. medium was too dark, light was too light. it looked like it just "sat" on the surface of my face; it was extremely noticable. it could have been because the color didn't exactly match my skin. i've tried to purchase this 3 or 4 times and am never happy with it so i take it back!! finally i decided to stick with the perfectly real powder foundation, which i feel works much better with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Neutral 04 and it matches me pretty decent. I am NC37/C4 in MAC. The powder is a tad tanner/browner than my studio fix powder that I have so it looks a little off on my face but this was the closest match. I only use this to set my liquid foundations and it makes my face look smooth but not as smooth as I would like...it doesn't cover up scars as well as studio fix either. I only bought this because Clinique was having a gift with purchase and I was looking for a new powder to try out anyway. This product costed around 21 bucks, give or take a dollar...and it's NOT cheaper than studio fix powder because there's less product for this price. It contains .35 oz/ 10 g whereas studio fix contains .52 oz/ 15 g and costs about 26 bucks. Overall the packaging is cute but I don't like how the sponge applicator sits on top of the powder. It seems so icky to me...LOL. And overall, I wouldn't buy this again only because this is light to medium coverage...not as full as I would like when wearing it alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by percyville

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I am an African American (light skinned). I tried this in everycolor close to my skin tone with no good results. The colors were either to light or to dark. The Sales person told me that she didn't have any good results with this product even when she tried it. She said that she thought it was the SPF that they added which made the color go either ash or dark on alot of people. She siad that the people with the best luck with this product tended to be fair to very fair. I asked her if Clinique knew about this and she said that she had talked with them as had other people. I use Perfectly Real Compact in #130 and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jimeezgirl

I heard a lot of good things about this and was dying to try it to see how it held up compared to the mineral foundation I usually wear. However, the price put me off.

I found it at a CCO though for only $15.75 and the lightest shade matched me perfectly. I usually have a terrible time with Clinique foundations. I have never found a liquid one that was light enough or did not look orange on me.

Anyway, I really like this overall. The coverage is light to almost medium. I have large pores, and unlike some others who have reviewed this, I do not find that it emphasizes them at all. It covers them a bit, but does not make them go away completely. It leaves a matte finish without looking too dry. (I do moisturize first though) I have to use a separate concealer for my eyes, but so far have not had to use one for the rest of my face.

This has not broken me out which is also rare for me. I have the most sensitive, acne-prone skin ever!

Many powder foundations let my oily skin through and then the makeup seems to clump together-especially near my nose. I have not experienced that AT ALL with this. This is the first foundation I have used that has not done that.

Even though I find this a little on the expensive side, I will definitely purchase again.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I bought this because I was looking for something with coverage and had spf...something I could wear on the beach. Although I do like it, it's nothing spectacular...it's coverage is minimal- def still need concealer...and sometimes it can be drying and make your skin flake a little...doesn't help that the shade was called "tan" and still looked too light on me. Better off just using a mmu with SPF, to be honest.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all I have to say that the european version of this powderfoundation (with the brush )must be the uggliest packing I think I have ever seen...
But it is the inside that counts. I have it in 01 Fair and it is the lighest color. The color is a neutral color, not to pink or yellow, and it is a beautiful color that is ok for me.
The coverage goes from sheer to light-medium, you can apply it more to build up. The finish of it is satin matte, that goes to a natural sheen after a few minutes. I also contains Mica so you can se some minimal glitters on your face if you look really near.
Overall I'm not the bigges fan of this. I doesn't look natural on me, I look made up. I'm looking for a sheer to light coverage, but to get that I have to go over my face a few times and that gives a made up look. Can look thick and cakey. For breakouts and under eye I use a concealer brush and that gives more coverage. But it does make my undereye area look older :S
Feels light but after a few hours you can feel it on. It is ok for oil and shine, better than many others mineral foundations and that it is more matte is a plus.
I do recommend to test it, but try it for a few hours and really feel if you like it. Most skintypes can use it, but if you are looking for coverage, you may need to use a concealer. Also works as a powder, for me it works better as that than a foundation.
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 13%, Octinoxate 2%
Other ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Silica, Squalane, Boron Nitride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Cetyl Caprylate, Diisostearyl Malate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Palmitoyl Glutamate, Sodium Palmitoyl Sarcosinate, Palmitoyl Proline, Alumina, Tocopherol, Palmitic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, Tin oxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (ci 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by PetiteElle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and cannot wear liquid foundation, so I was excited to try this product, especially since it contains SPF 15. I've been using it for nearly a year now and it is one of the very few products that does not make my skin react negatively. It evens out my skin tone and leaves it with a natural, flawless finish that does not appear heavy or overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BloodyLovely14

i cant say enough about this product. being 15, i have problematic skin. i wanted some sort of "clean makeup" so i figured that clinique was a good place to start. while at the counter, i had one of the associates do my makeup and recommend this. the color, though it seems dark, it ridiculously perfect!! in a million years you would never be able to tell i was wearing makeup. i applied it myself upon arriving home, and found that the key is to use the sponge. put some on the makeup on one edge/corner and choose a section of the face. i do cheek,cheek,forehead, chin, nose. with the powder on the sponge dab in quickly and lightly and repeat until you have the desired coverage. i think that this is the best makeup for conbination skin. will repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product awhile ago after continually seeking out new foundations for my problematic skin. (I have reactive redness, acne-prone, dry/combination skin with large pores, and a few deep expression lines.) I've used other mineral makeup and powders before and wasn't all that thrilled with any so I figured I would try the "almost makeup", especially since it had a SPF.

I've tried applying this with both a brush and the sponge applicator. I can't say that either way was better than the other, the only difference is the level of coverage you receive.

As far as my complexion, I saw no improvement in achieving a more even-toned skin, most likely because of the sheer to light coverage this product provides. I was afraid to apply more because like most powder or mineral makeup, I found that this made my pores stand out even more than they do naturally. I'm looking forward to trying this over a primer, with hope that this might improve. I also noticed that this product tended to emphasize the "peach fuzz" too.

I realize everyone's skin is unique, and what works for one, might not work for another. In my overall opinion, I was not thrilled with this product. I'm looking forward to trying some other Clinique foundations/tinted-moisturizers in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I wasn't planning to buy this item, but there it was, in Sephora, they added a little display right in the middle of the walkway towards the cashier. I remembered reading the positive reviews here & bought neutral. It is just a tad darker than my now NC 30 skin, which I will "tan" into it in a couple of months. This powder is good for my dry cheeks as well as the slightly oily T-zone. I experimented it side by side with Shiseido's Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15 I 40 on one side & the other side with this powder. Other than the colour (Shiseido showed up slightly lighter in comparison) there are no difference in appearance & feel, after 3 hours. This retails for Cdn$30. Once again, I wouldn't pay any attention to this product if its not for you MUAers out there :0)