Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/16/2008 4:53:00 PM

I always keep small bottle of baby oil to remove "late night" overpowering makeup. It really seems the only thing to remove it, over my make-up removers. However, it is best to wash face afterwards with your normal cleansers and use a toner, to avoid clogging your pores
Perfect for removing waterproof makeup.

on 2/28/2008 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I usually use generic versions and they work just as well. I use it for removing excess wax after waxing and it works great. One of my friends has started using it as a moisturizer and has had great results--I need to get her on here to write her own review. All I want to say about it is that I did makeup on two of my friends and with the first one I used a regular moisturizer and Smashbox Photo Finish primer. Well when it got to the second friends turn we were running behind schedule and I skipped the primer, but she had moisturized with baby oil. The makeup went on so much smoother and nicer with just the baby oil! Now, I don't know if this is for all skin types, so I'm going to try it on myself and the first friend to see if it works well. I was just so excited I had to tell everyone about it!

on 2/3/2008 3:41:00 PM

This is pretty slick as a moistrizer and it clogged up my shower. Hated the packaging because the output is difficult to control. But this can all be disregarded because the fact remains: Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil is basically mineral oil. I would not recommend this to anyone because of the harmful ingredients. Stick to olive oil or a natural oil for the sake of your own health.

Also -- this is a general warning. I love MUA but if you're making any purchase, try to be as well-informed as possible. Look into the ingredients and be cautious with what you're putting in and on yourself.

on 1/6/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My aunt came over to visit, and she told me she had been using this to remove makeup ever since she started using makeup. I had already wanted to try it so it was "perfect timing." This stuff is excellent! It removes my makeup in one (max. two) swipes. In the end, I do not have a trace of makeup on my face. I've been using Shiseido's makeup remover for a while now (excellent stuff) but it is much more expensive than dirt cheap baby oil. After I finish my Shiseido I am going to buy this, but in aloe. I am so glad my aunt let me try her stuff!

***UPDATE*** My rosacea reacts to this stuff. I get really itchy hives every single time. The hives go away after a while, but they are so annoying. Also, after I use this and wash it off with my cleanser, my eyes get really dry and uncomfortable. I am going to try something else or go back to my Shiseido.

***UPDATE***I found a new favorite...Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing.

on 12/30/2007 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use J&J Baby oil to remove waterproof eye makeup and it works great! Why pay high prices for biphase eye makeup remover when baby oil does the job. After using baby oil around the eyes, I wash my face with a gentle face soap to get rid of the residue as this stuff will clog pores.

on 12/25/2007 11:07:00 PM

I love this for use in the shower. The Lavender scent is really nice. After cleansing, I apply this all over my body and gently pat dry with a towel. This makes my skin very soft and is great for winter use. I don't use it every day because it is a little bit of a hassle to deal with oil, but when my skin is dry or on really cold winter days, this is perfect.

This is HORRIBLE!!! It gave me a very painful, red, and itchy rash on my stomach and upper thighs. I think it's the mineral oil, which is SO bad for your skin 'cause it clogs pores and is from DIESEL! Do NOT get this product! And the bottle gets gross and messy and oily. I can't believe anyone would use this on an innocent helpless baby! It's made out of diesel people!!! Do you really want that on your skin!!!?? Do you want this crap on your baby?!!?!?!?!?!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this! I love the smell and it's so versatile:
-As an all-over moisturizer, while my skin is still damp after getting out of the shower
-To remove waterproof eye makeup
-As cuticle oil
-It can be used to add sheen to lips, cheekbones, and eyelids
-A tiny drop rubbed between your hands and then smoothed over your hair will tame frizzies and static, and make your hair super-shiny
-I slather my feet with this stuff at night, put on socks, and my feet are so soft in the morning.

I also like the packaging. It has a small hole that the oil can come out of within the top, and the cover is child-proof, which is great when you share a room with a toddler!
I have just recently discovered this product, but I'm sure I'll be using it for a very long time. I'm running out to buy the lavender scent and Burt's Bees apricot!

on 10/30/2007 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell and the feel of the product. I barely use the product alone because the oil will get everywhere. I usually add the oil to my hand or body lotions to increase the moisture. In this way, I would have a perfect hand/body lotion with the right moisture and the sweat smell.

on 10/14/2007 8:06:00 PM

I cant stand the smell. I only use it for removing makeup. Its best to use it to moisturize wet skin after showering. A tiny amount can be applied to a large area and it dries really quickly then.

Popular Body Skincare Products