September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sau6181

I have been using skin care product since 14. Am 37 now. I must say. Tried many ways & research to look young and healthy. I have no major breakout so far while my initially sensitive skin has been under control. I have tried many different products but those products just didn't react negatively onto my skin however, does not do much as promised on their packaging. SKII is so far one that amazed me. I had been using since I was 30 and wonder if I could do without it, so lately, been trying out other salon brand which is more expensive, again found it did nothing like others. But I am sure coming back for this after I have finished that expensive bottle. Now I know, I can't do without it, for sure. I usually transfer from big bottle to spray bottle which I use it twice daily. However, I have my nightly ritual which after warm cleansing & icing my face, I put on the toner followed by miracle spray+serum along with my ultra sound handheld on upward direction. It worked just great! Food & drinks & our habit also play an important role besides this good product. Thumbs up, so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by tjhuh

I just got this essence a few days ago because I heard it was a great product. I was warned that it had a weird scent to it but...mine doesn't smell like anything, totally fragrance free. Is this normal?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Jenn838

I have been using this essence for about a month now and have noticed a great difference in my skin. It just 2 weeks i've seen a difference in texture, it has become a lot smoother. Now, after using if for a month not only is my skin really soft but also brighter. I have bought more SKII products since. I use the essence both day and night after cleansing. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MissPeony

Pros:
-sanitary container
-fragrance free
-makes skin smooth, supple, hydrated, and prepared for next layer of moisture

Cons:
-Price!!!
-the product smells a little but not enough for me to stop using it

I absolutely love this product despite the exorbitant price and believe it's making a difference in my skin. I have oily and sensitive skin but the essence hasn't caused me to breakout. I normally break out when aunt flow comes to town, but since using this, my break outs have been less excessive and quick to heal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by chanel4all

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i do like this product and opposed to other reviews i do like the smell.

i dap it on my face morning and night and let it dry for a minute. it didn't gave me pimples or anything.
i have oily skin which tends to have a lot sebum production.
it made my skin very soft and hydrated. i can't say that it made that much of a difference, but i use it anyway more for prevention.
i will buy it again and when you use it sparingly, it will last a long time.

EDIT: i still won't curse the product, but i won't buy it again. its nice, in a gimmiky way. didn't do wonders for my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by makisato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great..i echoed the same experience by other members who love this essence...I've also read reviews by others who experience skin irritations after using this essence and would like to offer some advice.

The essence contains pitera, a yeast-based compound, that help to speed up/restore skin cells renewal. This compound is actually quite potent, hence, if you didn't experience irritation at beginning but itch/rash/whatever occur later on, you should not use this everyday. The logic is that if your skin cell keep renewing non-stop, the skin surface will eventually get too "raw" and sensitive. Let's not forget that our skin has its own renewal process too.

My advice is based on my own experience. I had irritation by the time i started using my 2nd bottle. I stopped using it for a week, by then i was thinking of "why waste this stuff? it's so expensive"...To my surprise there was no irritations...that's how i started using it every alternate week...There are many variation to this, it may be every alternate day/ week...or every 3/4/5 days and so on....

It's normal to experience more breakout/blemishes at the start of using it because as the skin renews, whatever hidden in the inner layers comes to the surface. Just have to be patient.

Be careful what you use it with. If you are using other skincare apart from this essence, it may or may not gives a reaction. This is yeast extract after all.

If you decide to buy the largest bottle, i advice you to transfer some into a small bottle and refill when needed, this is how you prevent contamination.

Even though this is a great product, i can't say it will work for everyone. If you've tried different method of using this essence and you still have irritation, it is best to stop using it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I've been using this product for about two weeks - got a sample sized bottle from an online auction. It's so hard to rate this kind of product, because it really is something that you may only see results when used over a longer period of time. I'm using it mainly for prevention.

I will admit, in using the SKII facial cleansing regime, my skin is clearer and smoother. It does look better - but it was looking because of the gel cleanser and clear lotion - not by using this Essence.

Hard to tell - will keep trying the Essence. This is one of the most expensive products of the SKII line - if I can do without it...

UPDATE - I'm bummed! I've been getting small rashes on my cheeks in the morning that disappear during the day. I thought maybe they were bug bites or something - but tonight, I got my answer. I usually wash my face pretty late at night and use the essence right before bedtime. Tonight, I did my facial routine a little earlier than usual and within the hour I had another one of those little rashes pop up. It's not the other SKII products, because I used those for about a month before trying the Essence. I don't have any problems with the essence on any other part of my face - even my eyes. I'm not going to waste it - my t-zone has never looked this good. I just have to avoid my cheek area. Unfortunately, I do have to take away one lippie for the rash.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a sample. I ran out of my Laura Mercier toner so decided to test this product. The smell is terrible, but fortunately, once it dries, the smell goes away. I can't say that it has done any better than the Laura Mercier Perfecting Water. For the price, I would definitely not buy this product, as I can find something comparable for much cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it, really.I started itching though because im using it in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide.Anyone please let me know if you have used it too with benzoyl peroxide?It lightens my wrinkles and makes my skin more even and glowing.Thanks, SK II.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by 660eugenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. First time I have got that in miniature portion in a set. All other products of a rage did not worth of a good word not a price they were selling for but Essence was it! Judging by a smell it has bifidum of acidophilus bacteria or some by-product and according to my research it makes the best defense for a skin. Payot has a special range of products for sensitive skin based on it. But girls with that type of products it is very important to be fresh, watch for that expiry dates and get smaller packages. So the Essence does do something to my skin so it looks brighter and it soothers my dermatitis irritations. A price is sure big minus, but the smallest bottle will last you a year or so. I bought a full size bottle couple of times now.