August 20, 2014 | 1942 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ces101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It does not work for me. They say that this is for oily skin but what it does is that it makes my skin oilier!

It smells like glue to me and does not make a difference when I have this on or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Michellekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really dislike the packaging. But this primer really works for me. It makes my skin less shiny. It makes my makeup stay on all day. I'm a fan. Will be buying again and again regardless of the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It makes my foundation application a little easier but it doesn't help with making it last longer. I have oily/combo skin so I thought the light would be much better than the original. The original made me oilier within a few hours. This just gives me maybe an extra hour of wear. Not worth the price. There are better primers out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my facial skin type!

What it Claims:
"Our new oil-free, 60% water based primer is ideal for oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. This silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for visibly softer skin and can be worn alone or under foundation to increase its longevity. The revolutionary formula has oil absorbers for a smooth matte finish all day, light diffusers to minimize the appearance of imperfections, and vitamin C and peptides to help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future."

Claims - True or False?
1) Reduce appearance of fine lines and pores: False. When I used it, my skin looked exactly the same with it on as it did without it on.
2) Soft skin: True. However, it didn't actually do anything to my skin - the silicone is what felt soft, not my skin.
3) Matte skin/finish all day: False. More like a few hours at most. Regardless of whether it was worn alone or under makeup, it kept my skin matte for a very short amount of time.
4) Promotes an even skin tone: False. My skin tone never changed, and none of those "special" ingredients benefited my skin in any way.

Packaging:
I believe that this is the only positive part of this product. I find that the packaging looks very slick and is useful for the product itself. You can clearly see how much is left, and it definitely does allow you go get every last drop. Somewhat of a clumsy design, but still pretty great.

Smell:
The smell.. well, the one thing that comes to mind is Elmer's Glue. I don't know why, but this primer reminds me of the smell of that glue, although not as strong. Definitely wasn't a bothersome smell, but just a "huh" type of smell. I think I actually somewhat liked the smell actually.

Consistency:
Like most silicone primers, very smooth. I would say that it resembles the consistency of a gel cream, semi thick and spreads thinly. I believe it dried somewhat powdery as well.

Ease of Use:
Because it is a pump, you must be careful with how hard you press down to ensure you do not dispense too much. With this in mind, it's still quite easy to use. The product is moderately easy in terms of application - if not done with a quick hand, you may not be able to apply it to the entire face properly.

Bang for your Buck:
Some will say that it is expensive. Which is true. But, it did seem to last me quite some time, at least 5 months with regular use. If you do not use makeup often, purchase the to-go tube instead.

Final Consensus:
Pretty on the outside, terrible on the inside. A product that makes a lot of claims, and just does not live up to its own hype. Definitely, go ahead and try it, but get a sample first. This primer definitely is not on my shopping list.

Overall Rating: 1/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by pwincessa0313

i got the sample of this primer last week and thank god i only have the sample! its definitely not worth buying. it makes your skins so oily therefore washes off your makeup. when i tried this primer i had to touch-up 3 times during the day because my face looks like i could fry eggs in them. totally gross!

so as much as my bestfriend loves this i will not buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by fashionquenie

I don't get the hype?! This primer is pretty awful, my makeup nor skin looks better when using this product, it smells like Elmer's Glue and I'm still oily up to 2 hours later...def. a waste of money...on to finding something better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a decent primer. It does what it's supposed to do. I feel that this does make a difference in makeup application and it does hold the foundation on much longer than without a primer. This product also feels pretty light on the skin so you wont feel that you have caked layers and layers of stuff on your face.

Packaging is really thoughtful and easy to use and the formula is really smooth. There isnt really anything to complain about this product.

I wont be purchasing this (I have a few sample bottles) just because this is not something I would need for everyday purposes. Makeup by it self tend to stay pretty well on my skin without a primer (6-8 hours easily) so I only reach for this for those days when you really need your makeup to stay. For me, this isnt that practical but it doesnt take away from the fact that it is a very good primer.

Overall a great product and you really get a decent amount with your money. Check this out if you're looking for a foundation primer. It feels really light on the skin and makes your skin super smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So this is so far the best primer I tried out. Even better than Bare Escentuals Prime Time primer. I tried the oil-free light version of this primer and it kept my makeup stay put mostly all of the day. After about 6 hours I had to reapply some powder around my nose and forehead, but I'm happy with that!
It goes on very smooth and silky, leaving you with a fresh feeling. Dries instantly on your skin, so you can go ahead and apply makeup right over it. Great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by scanmike

My friend let me try this product. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing else to compare it to. I was very happy with the way this enhanced my foundation. I used it twice. Once with Jane Iredale pressed powder and once with La Mer liquid foundation. I could see a noticeable difference and it lasted all day. Never felt greasy. I also tried the Photo Finish normal and I didn't like it. I could actually see the powder as if it seemed to float on top of it. It did feel silky going on, but it only seemed to make powder foundation look more noticeable. Stick with the light formula. Unless I break out, I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this did help control the oil better than the original photo finish, my foundation did not sit well on my skin. It looked like it sat on top of my skin. It's a no better primer than the MAC Prep + Prime. I much prefer the original photo finish over this even though I have to blot more but the finish is beautiful. I will not repurchase, its not worth the price for me.