January 27, 2015 | 1991 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by myshel

I bought this to help even out my skin before applying foundation. It does improve the quality of my skin pre-foundation, and my makeup does stay on a lot longer than before. I still get the greasies, but it isn't until the end of the day, when I'm ready to remove my makeup anyway. This product works pretty well for me.

UPDATE: I strayed away from Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer and tried something cheaper for a while. While the cheaper product gave great glide under my make-up, it did nothing for my pores or greasiness. Photo Finish Light is a far superior product in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this primer, I get fairly oily but if I use this under my foundation I have a matte finish that lasts all day. I have acne-prone skin and it has never made my break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by PolyBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of primers and this is by far my fave. Is lightweight but allows foundation to sit smooth and last much longer on my face. Will always be buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by daytea

My first time using a primer, it really helps my makeup stays on. I got acne prone skin and so far this light version works well with me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by karen888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this light version hoping it helps my oily skin but sadly it does not. After two hours my face is shiny and greasy eww. Still looking for the best concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by sballew

I used the original clear Smashbox primer before I switched to this "Light" one and I love it. It has a mattefying quality that really helps my shiny face. And it plays really well with my Monistat Chafing powder-gel whenever I want to get the barely made-up translucent look. I really don't think the original clear Smashbox primer will play as well with my Monistat trick. I love it, I am on my 3rd bottle. But since I have not really ventured to other primer so far (like I do with category), I will not give it a full 5 lippie at this time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by stephxoxo21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this it isnt oily on me, my foundation stays on alot longer and goes on much more smoothly than without primer. I would deffenently buy this agian, it didnt get very good reveiews but in my opinion it works really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Phooey. I really should just give up on primers. This one, like others, didn't help at all with oiliness or make my makeup stay put any longer than usual. As for the claim that "light diffusers minimize the appearance of imperfections while vitamin C and peptides help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future," well, that's just flat-out gibberish. My skin looked and felt absolutely no different, and I used it for 2 weeks. Glad I got a sample of this from Sephora instead of buying it full-size.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ces101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It does not work for me. They say that this is for oily skin but what it does is that it makes my skin oilier!

It smells like glue to me and does not make a difference when I have this on or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Michellekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really dislike the packaging. But this primer really works for me. It makes my skin less shiny. It makes my makeup stay on all day. I'm a fan. Will be buying again and again regardless of the packaging.