July 25, 2014 | 964 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a few breakouts from time to time and lemon juice does help, but it's sooooo drying that I'm kind of afraid to use it, even diluted in water. It's a natural astringent, but you need to heavily moisturize everytime you use it (which I would not recommend more than 2x a week...)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by misspettigrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this is. I've never had severe acne but I've tended to have one or two pimples on my chin most of the time over the last ten years, with some occasional cystic hormonal breakouts.
Lemon juice has changed my skin for ever. I've tried so many products and while some have helped (like aspirin mask and OCM) none have worked like lemon juice.
I use the stuff in the lemon shaped bottle, rather than fresh juice and it seems to work just as well. I use it once a day in the evening after cleansing, applying it on a cotton pad over my t-zone. I haven't found it drying but I've just hit 30 and am paranoid about fine lines so I don't use it on my cheeks, around my eyes or between my brows. I leave it to dry a little and then apply Trilogy rosehip oil (which I think counteracts any dryness).
I've been using this for a few months now and the difference is amazing. I still get the odd tiny pimple but these are usually gone within a day. I have not had one single large or cystic pimple since I started using lemon juice. Any remaining acne marks have faded over the last few months and my skin is clear, smooth and glowing.
I did experience a minor purging period when I started using it (for maybe a week) but only tiny whiteheads which cleared very quickly. It did sting at first but I think your skin gets used to it over time.
Overall, this is the best product I have ever used on my skin. I wish I'd discovered it earlier. Try it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using lemon to reduce the appearance of scars, but make sure you don't have any cuts or scratches on your face, because it will sting!! It works incredibly well! I just cut a lemon in half after rolling it to get as much juice as possible and scrub it all other my face.Works as an exfoliator and helps to make my skin incredibly soft. Let the lemon sit for a minute or so on the skin then wash off completey and apply a good moisturiser. Sometimes, I'll dip the cut end of the lemon into some white sugar and use that as an added exfoliator, it work's pretty good, but the sugar dissolves a little. You could also use it for dry skin, like the heel of foot and elbows.Other than that, it's dirt cheap, very effective and most importantly a natural product. :D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by wemadetheskyfall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Lemon juice... wow.

My friend used to tell me to put lemon for my pimples a long time ago, but my mom always stopped me because it 'dries out' your skin. And it stings!

Recently I tried it again, and the results were... shocking. At first, I diliuted it with water, but gradually decreased the amount until i'm using pure lemon juice.

The first two days, not much difference. At least that's what I think. But after a while, I realised that lemon juice does more in preventing your pimples than actually reducing your current ones. And by the end of the week, my spots reduced by half, and lightened my older scars. :O MUCH better than expected.

Only thing I don't like about this is the fact that I have to squeeze it out myself. ;p It's better though- fresher. Remember to put moisturiser after this though.

I use this daily, or every other day, depending on how diligent I feel. It's a must for my acne though, if I 'forgot' to put this on for more than 2 days, I get breakouts. D:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by VaZZquez

This is the BEST blemish fighter for me period! not only that it does not contain chemicals , it also tightens my skin as well.
Hot towel your face . Rub lemon juice all over , repeat for several nights and wa la! Blackheads extracted .

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nidusm

I used fresh lemon slices a few years back all over my face and broke out in horrible cystic acne ever since that I experience I never went close to anything that had lemon in it. I just recently broke out in adult acne which I dealt with for over 8 months and it left some pretty bad scars. I decided that I would give lemon a try again but this time I squeezed out one tablespoon of lemon juice and diluted it with one tablespoon of water (as suggested by some MUA users thank you so much btw!) and applied it in two layers (i let the first application dry and then add another coat) and let it sit for 40 minutes then I wash it off using my cleanser. Alternating every other night, I use a banana and brown sugar scrub. The results have been great, it didn't happen over night. I've been doing this consistently for about two months now lol it''s been a mission but I really wanted my skin to go back to the way it used to be. I've noticed a significant reduction in the acne scars and my skin feels smooth. Last year I felt little bumps underneath my skin and it would annoy me to 100th degree but those are almost all gone. Lemon juice is beautiful gift from nature. I'm so glad I gave it a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that lemon juice on its own is too drying for my combo skin with dry parts, but I found a use for it. It works great in a rhassoul clay mask! What I do is add 50% freshly squeezed lemon juice and 50% (cold) strong green tea (or any other herbal tea) or aloe vera juice to rhassoul clay powder.
I believe that lemon juice gives it an extra "kick". It does sting slightly but that means it's working. :)) When I wash off the mask, my skin is slightly red but feels clean. When the redness goes away, I'm left with more evened out skin and clean pores.

I'm pretty sure lemon juice would work in any other face mask used instead of water. (or 50/50, do what works best for you). Nothing beats 100% natural, fresh ingredients you can find in your own kitchen! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by MomEthanjnr

what else can we say about lemon cheap to find easy to use natural one of the products that works magic on my skin my skin get lighter some of my spots are getting cleared off I have used it for a week but I can see huge improvements I think is one of my favourite natural product that rocks

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

The one standout point about using lemon juice on my skin is that it prevented my skin from getting new breakouts. I mixed lemon juice with a bit of distilled water and applied it like a toner at night. Initially after applying it, I had a few new pimples but after the third/fourth day my skin was clear. After that period, I didn't get any new breakouts even when I was stuffing my face with sugary junk (I usually break out if I do that).

I didn't like the stinging sensation I get everytime I apply it so I didn't stick with this routine for too long.

Another effective method I discovered with lemon juice is to mix milk powder with lemon juice until it forms a paste. Apply paste on to towel-dried cleansed skin and leave on for 5-10 minutes. This brightened my complexion very well. One negative part is that it has to be done regularly in order to maintain the results; but when I did this too often, my skin became sensitive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Thanks to MUA, I've been experimenting with natural & inexpensive beauty treatments. I would never think to put lemons on my face. My experience with lemon juice was that it gave me similar results from what Peter Thomas Roth's max complexion pads did for a lot less money. Also, even though this slightly burns initally, it fades fast and wasn't as harsh and it didn't irritate my skin like witch hazel. Lemon juice smooths out the skin nicely. I leave it on for a few hours than rinse. I rinse because I don't like the slightly sticky feeling it leaves on my skin. Lemon juice really does brighten my skin making it less dull and it is slightly fading some old acne scaring. Also, it has eliminated the blackheads on my nose more effectively than my Biore scrub. However, I haven't noticed any change in the size of my pores or relief to my breakouts. But, for blackheads and softness, I do recommend lemon juice for as a nice inexpensive toner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No