November 28, 2014 | 1736 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Real Sand and it makes my fair skin look really nice. Almost flawless with a kind of glow. It truly covers everything!! I have this spot on my nose, kind of like a red birth mark which I've never been able to cover up nicely, but this stuff does the job. The downside is the packaging, I feel I loose alot of product while sweeping the brush, it's all over the place unfortunately! and it is a bit on the expensive side here in Europe. Otherwise a GREAT product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I purchased this in Classic Beige last fall. The coverage is pretty decent and will hide a little bit of redness. The finish is naturally radiant like the Estee Lauder mineral powder (Intensity #3) I was using. It seems to last longer (before oily break through in the t-zone) and it doesn't rub off. There's not as much product in the container as the EL brand and it costs a bit more but that's my only complaint.

Update: (Summer 2010) Yikes! What happened? I noticed a grayish cast when my face would sweat and I stopped wearing it. I'm disappointed because it worked so well in the cooler months. At this point I'm looking for something else or I'll go back to the EL brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for "the one" for a long time, and this foundation comes pretty damn close. I bought it over the summer as liquid foundations tend to slide off my face in hot weather, no matter what formulation or regimen I use. It stays on well in hot weather, and isn't too drying in cooler weather either... though I live in southern California, so it's never that cold anyway. Regardless, I get tons of compliments when I wear this, and most people don't even realize I have any foundation on! I really only have two complaints about this product, the first being its the price. A little goes a long way, but it's still somewhat expensive considering that you need a good brush as a companion. Also, I've found that a primer is useful as well; I have larger pores, and this can settle in them after a long day. But I think primers are necessary for me for every foundation, so oh well. I still love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product religiously for several weeks. I'm NC15 and bought it in Tender Rose, which is too pink for me (it's more suitable for NW15, I believe). However, I can't mark it down for my own mistakes! The finish is fantastic. It's really easy to apply (I find this to be true of all LM foundations) and doesn't require the tedious buffing that some other brands need to look natural. I used this with a kabuki brush and found the coverage to be easily buildable, from very sheer to full. Despite having dry/combination skin I had no problems with it emphasizing flakes, although I did find dehydration lines became slightly visible when I applied too much foundation - go easier on dry skins. There was no oxidization even when applied over emollient face creams. Lasting power is excellent; I don't use a primer on a regular basis and found it to last for 8 hours without needing reapplication. I might consider buying the pressed version for easy travelling/touch-ups on the go, however. The container is well made and solid, the twist-close sifter prevents spills, and you get a lot of product for your money. The easiest way to apply this is to shake a little into the lid and work it into the brush, then buff gently into the skin. I believe this would be suitable for all skin types. It felt fine on my dry skin and didn't change colour or slip on oilier patches. The colour selection is very good for lighter skins (I can't comment on the darker shades as I'm very much at the light end of the spectrum!). I'm very pale in the winter but don't want to have to buy a new shade in the summer: Soft Porcelain will cover NC10-15, and is even a good match on my (very slightly tanned) NC20 skin. The finish is so sheer and buildable that the shades are quite forgiving. I've been using a Soft Porcelain sample but will purchase the full size to replace Tender Rose, which unfortunately was the wrong undertone. I was worried the bismuth was causing a problem but I've (happily) ruled that out now, so I can stick with this product. Very good foundation.

PS: Second photo is product in Tender Rose.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought all mineral foundation are the same! i dont have sensitive skin. i find not much different when using bare mineral, and everyday mineral. but other people and i can see a huge different while using this foundation! i feel like when i use other mineral foundation, the foundation will 'oxidize' that will result in darker color after some time, but laura mercier never give me this effect!! also, my skin dont look as oily as other mineral foundation that i have use, even without a primer. the only downside is that this foundation is so expensive, its $35 per container! and I got the set for $100 -_-"

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Laura Mercier - the tinted oil-free moisturizer is my HG, as is the secret finishing powder.
However this product made me look old. I tried it on different days...well-rested as well as tired. No difference. Old. Made my pores look enormous. Made my skin look rough.
Bummah!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by alphabetpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a beautiful product but mineral foundations isn't for me, I think I'm sensitve to some of the ingredients. If you're not this foundation gives great finnish and results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big MMU user. Mostly because I have dehydrated skin. Like a lot of users here, I eventually kept the color REAL SAND. I am MAC C4, BB #4 Natural, Maybelline Light 5/Medium 1, GA LSF 5.5/6. I like it. It's natural looking and look slightly less chalky than LM's powder foundation (which I also have). Light coverage. When I want more, I use a dusting over foundation.

I do have a beef with the limited color selection (7 at the time of writing) and the lack of training of the LM SA I encountered. (At Henri Bendel in NYC). For the first time in a long time, since I didnt buy this at Sephora, I asked the SA to match the color for me. I mentioned that I also used the line's powder foundation and TM and cited what shade I used with each. To make it even easier, I came to the counter with a naked face as I usually do when buying foundation. You would think this should be 1-2-3 but the SA matched me with a shade that was way too brown for me. I had to return and exchange twice before I got the right shade, which I had to pick out myself with no help from the SA. What a waste of my time and the product. I am one of those people who absolutely HATES to return things and would have forgotten about this mess if it wasnt $35 and I really wanted a MMU to use.

Real Sand looks like it might be too light but it's yellow enough for me (I'm very yellow) and it melts with my skintone well enough. I checked 'yes' to buying it again but if Bobbi Brown ever makes a MMU, I doubt I will ever go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LolaPS

PROS:
-Your face literally looks airbrushed after using
-pores will vanish
-doesn't look powdery
-feels light on the skin. Powder is finely milled--feels like velvet.

CONS:
--color is slightly off. I am NC30 and the best choice for me was Natural Beige. It is slightly too grey on me, but close to a perfect match.
--messy to apply since it is a loose powder.
--Irritates my eyes. (If you are a contact lens wearer or have sensitive eyes, I suggest that you be very careful not to get this product in your eye while you are blending. It can be very irritating to the sensitive eye.)

FOR REFERENCE:
I am Asian with light/medium yellow undertones (NC30). I have combination skin that's highly prone to acne. A picture is in my profile.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by yumich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time to use mineral makeup. I usually use Clinique Dermawhite pressed powder but have been hearing about mmu so I thought I'd give it a try. When I first bought this, it was in the wrong shade (the SA didn't recommend the right color) and since I was new on how to apply loose powder, I used their face brush which made it look thick and cakey on my face. I applied the tinted moisturizer first (a sample they gave), then the powder. The powder basically clumped all over my face...and to top it off, since it was in the wrong shade, my face color looked darker than the rest of my body. So, I went back and got the best match (natural beige--the first one was tender rose). I also bought the finishing brush as well. This made such a big difference on my face--it looked flawless! The 2nd time around, the SA gave me the mineral primer as a sample, so I use moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, primer then the powder. My husband even noticed that I looked good, so that obviously made me like the product even more. Since then, I also bought the finishing powder which is like a magic powder! I LOVE it! The combination of LM products was well worth the investment.