August 28, 2014 | 1676 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Laura Mercier - the tinted oil-free moisturizer is my HG, as is the secret finishing powder.
However this product made me look old. I tried it on different days...well-rested as well as tired. No difference. Old. Made my pores look enormous. Made my skin look rough.
Bummah!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by alphabetpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a beautiful product but mineral foundations isn't for me, I think I'm sensitve to some of the ingredients. If you're not this foundation gives great finnish and results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big MMU user. Mostly because I have dehydrated skin. Like a lot of users here, I eventually kept the color REAL SAND. I am MAC C4, BB #4 Natural, Maybelline Light 5/Medium 1, GA LSF 5.5/6. I like it. It's natural looking and look slightly less chalky than LM's powder foundation (which I also have). Light coverage. When I want more, I use a dusting over foundation.

I do have a beef with the limited color selection (7 at the time of writing) and the lack of training of the LM SA I encountered. (At Henri Bendel in NYC). For the first time in a long time, since I didnt buy this at Sephora, I asked the SA to match the color for me. I mentioned that I also used the line's powder foundation and TM and cited what shade I used with each. To make it even easier, I came to the counter with a naked face as I usually do when buying foundation. You would think this should be 1-2-3 but the SA matched me with a shade that was way too brown for me. I had to return and exchange twice before I got the right shade, which I had to pick out myself with no help from the SA. What a waste of my time and the product. I am one of those people who absolutely HATES to return things and would have forgotten about this mess if it wasnt $35 and I really wanted a MMU to use.

Real Sand looks like it might be too light but it's yellow enough for me (I'm very yellow) and it melts with my skintone well enough. I checked 'yes' to buying it again but if Bobbi Brown ever makes a MMU, I doubt I will ever go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by LolaPS

PROS:
-Your face literally looks airbrushed after using
-pores will vanish
-doesn't look powdery
-feels light on the skin. Powder is finely milled--feels like velvet.

CONS:
--color is slightly off. I am NC30 and the best choice for me was Natural Beige. It is slightly too grey on me, but close to a perfect match.
--messy to apply since it is a loose powder.
--Irritates my eyes. (If you are a contact lens wearer or have sensitive eyes, I suggest that you be very careful not to get this product in your eye while you are blending. It can be very irritating to the sensitive eye.)

FOR REFERENCE:
I am Asian with light/medium yellow undertones (NC30). I have combination skin that's highly prone to acne. A picture is in my profile.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by yumich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time to use mineral makeup. I usually use Clinique Dermawhite pressed powder but have been hearing about mmu so I thought I'd give it a try. When I first bought this, it was in the wrong shade (the SA didn't recommend the right color) and since I was new on how to apply loose powder, I used their face brush which made it look thick and cakey on my face. I applied the tinted moisturizer first (a sample they gave), then the powder. The powder basically clumped all over my face...and to top it off, since it was in the wrong shade, my face color looked darker than the rest of my body. So, I went back and got the best match (natural beige--the first one was tender rose). I also bought the finishing brush as well. This made such a big difference on my face--it looked flawless! The 2nd time around, the SA gave me the mineral primer as a sample, so I use moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, primer then the powder. My husband even noticed that I looked good, so that obviously made me like the product even more. Since then, I also bought the finishing powder which is like a magic powder! I LOVE it! The combination of LM products was well worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lippychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the "best" mineral powder foundation I have ever used. I've tried so many different brands of mineral make-ups, and was always disappointed, UNTIL I tried Laura Mercier! This mineral powder leaves my skin looking "flawless" and "natural". It feels so good on the skin (not heavy). I have sensitive and oily/combination skin and this product does not cause any breakouts! I think if you want to give mineral make-up a try, you will be very happy with this one! I am so pleased to read that other Women out there are as excited and so pleased with this product as I am. My quest for the best mineral make-up is finally over, thanks to Laura Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best powder foundation that I've ever used, most definitely HG material for me. I've been using mineral foundation for more than 5 years. I started with Bare Escentuals and was okay with it enough to repurchase it a couple times, and I've also experimented with Everyday Minerals' different formulas, Palladio's wet/dry, and Lancome's Dual Finish...I never thought there was much of a difference among them. A Sephora SA tried LM's mineral on me and I was skeptical that this would be any different, however, this one blows them all out of the water. For the rest of the day I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. This makes my skin look flawless, and I never imagined that was possible as I'm challenged with hyperpigmentation and acne scars. I also love how easy it is to travel with this since I can close the sifter holes, it's a much better design than the BE sifter jars. I feel pretty, and that is definitely worth the price of this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by eileenvill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, my skin gets very oily throughout the day and my face is acne-proned. I have been using BE for over 2 years now but I have just had it with the results, leaving my face super shiny and greasy. I have been wanting to try Laura Mercier but I was hesistant due to the breakouts its been causing on some girls. So I risked it anyway and ended up buying the mineral powder foundation in rich vanilla along with the mineral oil primer and moisturizer. The results? Less oily! Less greasy! The primer really helps set the minerals on your face to last long all day without having to blot frequently. Heck, my boyfriend even noticed how GREAT it looked bc there was a big difference from BE's shiny look to Laura's matte, au natural look. Laura puts BE to shame! Coverage is great as it hides my acne scars really well and leaves my face looking almost close to smooth. I had a hard time dealing with coverage with BE so that says a lot. But one thing...

I did break out on my cheeks and I havent broke out like this for awhile. However, after a few weeks into the foundation, my skin is definitely getting used to the change. Thank goodness I have a great (but pricey) acne skincare line to control my breakouts and counter mineral makeup. I absolutelly love this foundation. All in all, I think I am almost there in finding my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by snakehips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after deciding that mineral makeup is my only chance for wearing foundation, and this seemed like my best bet. It was hard to find a match for my fair skin, one seemed too yellow, the other too dark and pink toned. I think I went with the dark/pink one. I wore it for a while in the summer, then got tired of my foundatin not matching. I didn't really like the coverage, I had to use lots of powder. I used a primer under mine, otherwise it didn't go on smoothly. I liked the packaging, but overall, I wouldn't buy again. Other mineral makeup is less expensive and feels better on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by c0rb1ere

I'm so sorry this doesn't work for me - it has such rave reviews here. I'm on the hunt for my perfect mineral make-up. I've tried BE (made my skin dry and flaky), Elizabeth Arden (nice feel but light coverage - probably my favourite so far though) and Lancome Tropique (yuk!). I purchased the LM foundation and bronzer this week and simpy could not make it work for me. It just seemed to sit on my skin and highlight ALL my imperfections (pores, spots, lines). I arranged for the LM rep to show me how to use it when she visted Space NK - a further £150 later I left the shop thinking maybe I would be able to go home and make it work for me. Nope - even with the primer I'd just bought it just shifts around on my skin and looks awful. I'll keep it in my cupboard and try it again in a few months. The hunt goes on...!