October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful foundation in every way. Love that i don't have to use a seperate concealer as this is an all-in-one product. Another bonus is my skin is in better shape since using this. Holy freakin' grail!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

Dermablend, I found this stuff about two years ago. I bought the entire line that SDM carried. They had this foundation, the concealer and the translucent setting powder. I can't believe how long I've use this for. Under my eyes are really dark and this stuff could cover it no problem without a concealer. My face looks flawless and the color matches. I wasn't convinced that it'd cover everything but it does. As for 12 hours of coverage ... Ugh I don't think so. Maybe it's because I should be using the powder with it or something but it does stay put for 5 hours now that it's extremely hot out. But in cool weather, it's on all day. As for the tube, it's great. You don't contaminate the foundation and you could carry it with you for touch ups. If you need something that covers all your blemishes, use this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by julstech

I'm on the fence about this stuff. I received a sample packet at CVS but the color is way too dark for me (Sand; I would need Opal probably). It feels lightweight on my face but appears to have settled in my wrinkles around my mouth and on my forehead. This may be more apparent only because the sample color is too dark. This is a liquid foundation which is pretty easy to blend (I used a sponge but a foundation brush would provide a more natural look I think). I'm willing to try this stuff in the right color because they say it would last 12+ hours. I can't give this stuff a true hot, humid day test unless I have the right color on my face. This retails $28 USD for 1 fl oz and comes in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by glitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a full coverage foundation that comes in a 30mL squeeze bottle.
The shade selection is unfortunately very limited.. I think there are only 5 or 6 shades?
I have oily/combo skin with some acne scarring. I have warm, yellow/olive toned skin (NC25-30). I can use the shade 25(nude) or 35(sand) depending on if I'm more tanned or not. My mother is an NC20 and she also uses shade 25. It blends out well and works well with yellow toned skin.
A little goes a long way. I don't find this foundation cakey whatsoever, but I also use it sparagingly since it is so pigmented. It doesn't feel very heavy on my skin at all. The thing I love most about this foundation is that I dont need to use any concealor with it. I use a little bit of this stuff blended out on any blemishes or uneven skin tones, and it looks pretty flawless after. I've searched high and low for a great foundation that will provide excellent coverage, minimal cakiness, and won't make me any oilier. I use this, set it with loose powder and I am good to go. I do, however, need to touch up with oil absorbing sheets/powder a couple times a day, but I've had a hard time finding any foundation in which I absolutely don't need any oil absorbing touch ups.

Overall I love the way this foundation makes my skin look. My skin looks even, smooth and blemish free. Price is considered expensive, but very reasonable for the amount you really need to use each time and for the quality of the product. I have been using this for a year and have not broken out purely due to this product.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear foundation as a concealer, because I don´t like the feel of it covering my hole face, so I just use it where nedded: around eyes and nose mostly.I recently discovered that I prefer a heavy coverage to use in those areas alone, than to use a light coverage all over .That way my flaws are hidden and the rest of my face can breathe better and doesn´t get so oily.I´m using this in opal(15) and nude(25) mixed together and it´s perfect!!! This foundation has a great coverage, doesn´t get shiny, looks perfectly natural, invisible, actually.Perfect for what I want right now.I think I would find it too mask-like to wear all over, so when I realy want to use a foundation like that I wear Avene in Naturel, it´s lighter and more transparent.Also, it gives you a nice glow of healthy skin.I also agree that Vichy should make this in more colours, at least the colours in between the existing ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is an excellent foundation. I have combo-acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation and redness and this covers better than any other foundation i´ve tried. I got it in nude 25 and is almost the same color as my beloved chanel mat lumiere in beige 40. This is very creamy but not oily, super spreadable and blendable, super pigmented. It has great coverage but doesn´t look like a mask or heavy. It stays super well, long wearing and beautiful true colors. It doesn´t make my skin oily and not accentuate dry areas. Not expensive for what you get and package is so hygienic and travel friendly. Def repurchase. I use the vichy setting powder on top of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I use this as an undereye & spot concealer--BUT I can see how it'd be an excellent foundation. For one, it offers amazing, pretty buildable coverage--my dark circles are COVERED, and so is pigmentation. Acne is pretty well concealed too. Plus, it's very light-feeling on skin, and it's looong-lasting. It dries quickly and does not transfer. The only thing is it DOES settle into lines a bit; and for such a high price, I would expect more color options: I use Bronze but it's a BIT too dark; golden is too light for me, but since bronze is like one billionth off my skin tone, I'll bear it. They should still have more shades!! (They have what, 8 shades, they could afford more)
And the price is horrible; but it's good stuff and a little goes a long way (especially if you use it as a concealer, like me :o) )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

My daughter and I both use this foundation, her in the Opal, lightest shade, and me in the Nude, which I have to blend with some Opal to lighten it up. It is a bit heavy and opaque which is great for covering imperfections, but you can lighten this up by mixing a dab with Vichy Lumineuse tinted moisturizer or applying with a foundation brush on a very well moisturized face. I love the quality of this product and the results, and the fact that it is so highly pigmented you only need a small amount. I tend to stray, but always come back to this. Price is also very reasonable, around $28 Canadian. The Dermablend Concealer is also top-notch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by s0fieee

i can only say that i bought it for the first time 3 years ago and since then i haven't changed foundation. i have bought over 30-40 bottles lol it is just increadibly good. the only minus is the package i don't really like it and the price

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ann5151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I’ve been using this foundation for about a week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. This foundation will cover any imperfections so flawlessly, really amazing. I am very happy with the way it will provide great coverage without looking cakey. I use a foundation brush to apply it and it works well for me and really, a small amount of this stuff will go a very long way. However, because I do have very oily skin this foundation will not stay on for a long time but then again, with my skin I really do not expect it to (but still it stays on a bit longer than any other foundations I have tried). Either way, I am pretty happy with this foundation and I will continue to use it unless something better comes along in terms of controlling my oily skin.