September 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear foundation as a concealer, because I don´t like the feel of it covering my hole face, so I just use it where nedded: around eyes and nose mostly.I recently discovered that I prefer a heavy coverage to use in those areas alone, than to use a light coverage all over .That way my flaws are hidden and the rest of my face can breathe better and doesn´t get so oily.I´m using this in opal(15) and nude(25) mixed together and it´s perfect!!! This foundation has a great coverage, doesn´t get shiny, looks perfectly natural, invisible, actually.Perfect for what I want right now.I think I would find it too mask-like to wear all over, so when I realy want to use a foundation like that I wear Avene in Naturel, it´s lighter and more transparent.Also, it gives you a nice glow of healthy skin.I also agree that Vichy should make this in more colours, at least the colours in between the existing ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This is an excellent foundation. I have combo-acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation and redness and this covers better than any other foundation i´ve tried. I got it in nude 25 and is almost the same color as my beloved chanel mat lumiere in beige 40. This is very creamy but not oily, super spreadable and blendable, super pigmented. It has great coverage but doesn´t look like a mask or heavy. It stays super well, long wearing and beautiful true colors. It doesn´t make my skin oily and not accentuate dry areas. Not expensive for what you get and package is so hygienic and travel friendly. Def repurchase. I use the vichy setting powder on top of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I use this as an undereye & spot concealer--BUT I can see how it'd be an excellent foundation. For one, it offers amazing, pretty buildable coverage--my dark circles are COVERED, and so is pigmentation. Acne is pretty well concealed too. Plus, it's very light-feeling on skin, and it's looong-lasting. It dries quickly and does not transfer. The only thing is it DOES settle into lines a bit; and for such a high price, I would expect more color options: I use Bronze but it's a BIT too dark; golden is too light for me, but since bronze is like one billionth off my skin tone, I'll bear it. They should still have more shades!! (They have what, 8 shades, they could afford more)
And the price is horrible; but it's good stuff and a little goes a long way (especially if you use it as a concealer, like me :o) )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

My daughter and I both use this foundation, her in the Opal, lightest shade, and me in the Nude, which I have to blend with some Opal to lighten it up. It is a bit heavy and opaque which is great for covering imperfections, but you can lighten this up by mixing a dab with Vichy Lumineuse tinted moisturizer or applying with a foundation brush on a very well moisturized face. I love the quality of this product and the results, and the fact that it is so highly pigmented you only need a small amount. I tend to stray, but always come back to this. Price is also very reasonable, around $28 Canadian. The Dermablend Concealer is also top-notch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by s0fieee

i can only say that i bought it for the first time 3 years ago and since then i haven't changed foundation. i have bought over 30-40 bottles lol it is just increadibly good. the only minus is the package i don't really like it and the price

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ann5151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I’ve been using this foundation for about a week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. This foundation will cover any imperfections so flawlessly, really amazing. I am very happy with the way it will provide great coverage without looking cakey. I use a foundation brush to apply it and it works well for me and really, a small amount of this stuff will go a very long way. However, because I do have very oily skin this foundation will not stay on for a long time but then again, with my skin I really do not expect it to (but still it stays on a bit longer than any other foundations I have tried). Either way, I am pretty happy with this foundation and I will continue to use it unless something better comes along in terms of controlling my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this product is amazing! i use it in bronze and it blends with my skin perfect!
i use loose powder to set it, however my face still gets greasy.
it's $26CAN and i find it well worth it! it contains an SPF of 11 which is good compared to no SPF at all. it even comes with directions on how to use it and the tube itself i find, is user friendly. i was using cover fx, but i found it too heavy and cakey not to mention how oily it made my face. this does make my already oily face, greasy. i mostly use it to cover my under eye circles and it does cake and crease into my fine lines...
it doesnt completely 100% hide my darkness but it gets the job done!

UPDATE
i stop using this for about a year and came back to it. i dont know what i ever saw in this. it doesnt cover my under eye darkness like i said it did above, my cover fx does a way better job. this makes my darkness look gray and worse. terrible for my already oily skin. i wouldnt buy it again. it does help even out and make my cover fx go on and look better.. on it's own, my under eye darkness turns out grey..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Fabulous and the answer to most of my prayers! I was thrilled when I found this, and still am.
I bought the shade Opal, on introductory sale for $17.99 and use it on my sun spots, applied with a foundation brush. It goes on evenly, though must be applied quickly because it is a dry formulation. That being said, I have dry skin and have not had any problems with wear or application and have worn it through the winter. You must use a rich moisturizer and have smooth skin to use this foundation. On occasion I will get dry patches on my cheeks and I cannot use this formulation.

Opal is a very good match for me, and would be perfect with a smidge more yellow! The next shade down is a darker nude that could be mixed to achieve the correct result.
I have stubborn sun spots, freckles and under eye circles and this takes them all away instantly. While I do have the Dermablend Concealer as well, most days I just use the foundation to perform all functions and it does the job just as well. This is an amazing foundation! The concealer is too dry for under my eyes and I can only use is for my nose and chin area.
I have only one complaint (aside from lack of shades) and that's the tube. Because it's opaque I don't know how much is left, though I wager it's a lot. It doesn't let a lot go when I squeeze, just what I need.

I will definitely buy this again. I am curious to know how this measures up against Cover FX. If you can find (or mix) your shade, this is a winner!

I don't wear it over my whole face because the colour isn't perfect, so I wear it over my problem areas and then my HG foundation over the rest and this system is working fine. The finish is very matte, so be prepared for that. I don't love a matte finish, so that's why I use this only on my problem areas.

I may try the cream formulation next, in hopes that it is more moisturizing and gives a more luminous finish. I won't repurchase this, simply because I don't like matte, but it is a winner if you do!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by elenaxanne

This product is amazing! :D I am in my teenage years so like most teens my age i have acne-prone skin, and plus i have uneven colored skin and can look really red according to how hot or cold it is. So I thought I would buy this product since it says that it covers any red in your skin ton you might have, which it totally does! also i was shocked at how little you have to use and i have to disagree with some people who rated this product, i DO NOT think find this foundation is "thick" at all! it might kinda look some what thick when it comes out (there for just use a little tiny amount) and it just spreads like no other foundation i have ever used! it totally covers everything you might want to cover! I love, love love it!
the only thing is how much it costs, since I am use to buying foundations that only cost around $11.00, so the expense of this is a little pricey for me, but i think its going to last a long time so its so worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lady_r25

i have keratosis pilaris on my arms and some on my back and struggled with it eversince i gave birth to my 1st baby. i've used mac liquid foundation which is great on my face when i apply make-up but not enough coverage for my arms. i finally bought this product and i'm very happy with it. it's quite a miracle! staying power is good especially if you apply the loose powder. i will definitely purchase it again.