Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 5/17/2009 3:29:00 PM

This stuff covers EVERYTHING! I have acne prone and oily skin and am currently on 2 different topical acne medications which are supposed to break me out for the first few months and this foundation makes it look as though my skin is flawless (I even get compliments from my friends on how great my skin looks lol). The ingredients are all non-irritating and safe to use with me skin type which is a huge bonus (won't clog pores ect...). The only downside is that it can emphasize dry spots if you don't moisturize properly, but I have found that with a great moisturizer and applied with a wet sponge it blends really well. I havn't tried it with the setting powder yet but I definately plan to. My only advice to others who are considering or who have just purchased this stuff is to PRACTICE applying it first because it can be a little difficult to work with. I apply a thin layer all over my face with a wet sponge and then go over the spots that need more coverage (you only need a pea size to cover your entire face btw, less is more with this product!). Hope this review helps!

UPDATE: Although I loved this produce because of the coverage it just didn't have the staying power that I need. Like I mentioned earlier I have very oily skin and within a couple of hours this makeup was melting off my face:(....it's too bad though because I really like it. I have since switched to revlon colorstay which has been amazing (I don't think it's made me breakout or anything so hopefully nothing changes).

on 4/23/2009 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It`s the best foundation ever! Very good coverage, the best I would say, texture is just right, doesnt cake on, doesnt feel heavy, blend very well and most important stays on the whole day without clogging my pores.

on 4/8/2009 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product but dont find myself using it too much... I think the fact that its so thick kind of stops me, except when im going out

i dont really like to use it all over, just a couple of spots

its REALLY not a full-face foundation. Use it more like a concealer. Way too thick to use as a foundation base for face

** Question

how do you ladies like to apply this product with a concealer brush or finger tips?

on 4/5/2009 2:01:00 PM

This foundation can be thick, but if you apply it with a kabuki brush, it looks great using just a dime sized amount to cover most of my face. I have melasma (age spots) and this does a great job covering them up! By using a primer beforehand and using blotting paper during the day, I am able to keep any oil breakthrough to a minimum.

on 3/30/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What first got me to try this product: it's non-acnegenic! An actual foundation that states that is rare! hehe
The coverage is full/heavy. I usually just use a small amount for my whole face or I'll mix it with a tiny bit of my moisturizer to get a lighter coverage. I have acne scarring and it covers anything and everything on my face that I don't want people to see. They have a very good color range and I always get compliments when I wear it. My 8 year-old niece told me the other day "Aunt Marcela. your skin looks smoooooooooooooth!" which is great to hear especially when she saw some of my cystic acne scarring on my cheek not that long ago and said "Aunt Marcela, why do you have like these 'holes' in your face?" I was like "thanks for noticing kid! now get out!" hehe j/k. but my feelings were a bit hurt because kids are sometimes too honest for their own good. lol So that compliment was really a great compliment. I highly recommend this foundation. :D

on 3/27/2009 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's the best foundation i've found for excellent coverage. It covers my blemishes, acne scars and I use it also as an undereye concealer. I think my skin looks quite natural with it, it's not too cakey at all but an hour later I get all shiny as usual....I wish this foundation could be long-lasting and it would have been perfect especially for the price.

on 2/17/2009 4:33:00 PM

At first I really liked this product but then after a while i realized that it was way too light for my face. I think I was so desperate for this to work that I was willing to overlook the off color, haha! The coverage is great. Anything you dont want to be seen won't be seen. However, my skin felt really oily by the end of the day & the foundation seemed to melt off as the day wore on. By the time my day was over I looked like a mess. I can see this working for some but it just didn't work for me.

I've tried several foundations in other brands, they either too dry or made me irritated. And then I met this corrective foundation.
First of all its ingredients are so friendly.
Secondly, it can cover very well of my acne and blemishes.
And this foundation absolutely don't irritate my sensitive skin.
The only cons is that e foundation itself is a bit thick, but anyway apply it with a wet sponge would be all OK.

on 2/1/2009 11:08:00 AM

I love this foundation. My skin used to be very acne-prone-- I've since cleared up, but I have a lot of scars. This formula is very thick and can accentuate dry spots, so I usually apply it with a wet makeup sponge and blend into the areas that need coverage. I find that it doesn't make me oily when used with a loose powder over top. Overall, this foundation is decently priced and does its job! ;)

on 2/1/2009 10:49:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation, but I can't wear it. It's way too thick, and blending it isn't very easy. The lightest shade didn't match me skin tone either; it has a pink undertone, whereas I'm more yellow. And the next shade up is way too dark and orange for me. It went over all my dry spots and emphasized them. Even on the smoothest part of my face, the texture of the foundation looked rough and noticeable. Maybe, I'm doing all wrong, but I just don't want to have to spend an hour applying make-up just to get out the door. I'm looking for a simple foundation that goes on smoothly, and evenly - this foundation did neither. I don't mind paying more for make-up, as long as it works. Suffice to say, I'm quite disappointed.