Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/23/2007 2:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely color of brown with just a hint of gold microglitter. This is almost identical to Cliniques "Black Honey" gel liner with the black Honey being just a tad warmer and bourbon being just a tad more brown but essentially they are the same. I like Black Honey better so would not buy this again. That said this is a lovely understated subtley shimmery brown that looks great on my hazel eyes. An everyday staple with great staying power!
ADDENDUM: I so totally like this better than Black Honey -- Love the subtle glitter and it is a gorgeous rich brown!

on 1/30/2007 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite everyday eyeliner. It is a lovely chocolate brown color with just a tiny bit of small glitter. What I love about these UD 24/7 liners is that they go on sooo smoothly and then stay put for many hours. I am such a spaz when it comes to using a pencil liner (I usually use gel or powder liners with a brush), but these are just so easy for me to use. I want to buy more of these in other colors.

on 1/25/2007 3:21:00 PM

What:

A waterproof (non-mechanical) eye pencil

The Claim:

Glides on smoothly with a rich, creamy formula.

Price:

$15 each for 1.2g/0.04 US oz of product

Bourbon ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Paraffin, Polybutene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Buxus Chinensis, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Pheynoxyelthanol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

All Shades May Contain:

Mica, CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77077 (Ultramarines), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder).

My coloring and skin type:

* MAC NC20-25
* Stila Shade D
* Bare Escentuals Medium Beige
* Sephora D22
* very oily

I love this medium-dark chocolate brown shade. It has great color payoff, glides on easily, and doesn't pull or tug due to the soft, creamy texture. The staying power is great on both my upper and lower lash lines, lasting 8+ hours; so-so staying power on my waterline if I don't set it with a powder eyeshadow.

There are fine flecks of silver shimmer shot through the color, but I certainly don't find it to be super shimmery or large, chunky glitter (it's much finer than the glitter in say, the Heavy Metal glitter liquid liners by the same brand). It's subtle, but enough to see there is some there. I don't have any problems with it clumping on my lashes, upper or lower, which are long.

This has become my holy grail brown pencil liner, and I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

This is a gorgeous chocolate brown with metallic sheen. Lasts a long time on the eyes, goes on super-smooth. a new staple for me.