July 31, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide on eyeliner in bourbon

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mhb133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite everyday eyeliner. It is a lovely chocolate brown color with just a tiny bit of small glitter. What I love about these UD 24/7 liners is that they go on sooo smoothly and then stay put for many hours. I am such a spaz when it comes to using a pencil liner (I usually use gel or powder liners with a brush), but these are just so easy for me to use. I want to buy more of these in other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What:

A waterproof (non-mechanical) eye pencil

The Claim:

Glides on smoothly with a rich, creamy formula.

Price:

$15 each for 1.2g/0.04 US oz of product

Bourbon ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Paraffin, Polybutene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Buxus Chinensis, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Pheynoxyelthanol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.

All Shades May Contain:

Mica, CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77077 (Ultramarines), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder).

My coloring and skin type:

* MAC NC20-25
* Stila Shade D
* Bare Escentuals Medium Beige
* Sephora D22
* very oily

I love this medium-dark chocolate brown shade. It has great color payoff, glides on easily, and doesn't pull or tug due to the soft, creamy texture. The staying power is great on both my upper and lower lash lines, lasting 8+ hours; so-so staying power on my waterline if I don't set it with a powder eyeshadow.

There are fine flecks of silver shimmer shot through the color, but I certainly don't find it to be super shimmery or large, chunky glitter (it's much finer than the glitter in say, the Heavy Metal glitter liquid liners by the same brand). It's subtle, but enough to see there is some there. I don't have any problems with it clumping on my lashes, upper or lower, which are long.

This has become my holy grail brown pencil liner, and I will definitely repurchase. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ThaneFurrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ran out of eyeliner (!) and decided to try the highly MUA-approved 24-7 pencil from Urban Decay. I chose Bourbon, a deep brown color. I will say it does glide on beautifully, but unless you wear your eyeliner as one big thick line across your lid, this is not the liner for you. It's really not as great as I thought it would be. First off, it's *loaded* with glitter. I thought it would be shimmery or have a little sparkle to it, based on the reviews. But no, it's a flat out glitter liner. (And if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, try mark iGlitter in Reality Star -- same damn thing.) So for someone like me, who prefers to smudge and blend their liner, the 24-7 pencil does not cut it. I try to smudge it a little and all of the color comes off and I'm left with a glittery lid. Overall, way too sparkley for day. Additionally, it's so soft that it gets caught in my lower eyelashes while I'm lining -- it looks like clumps of mascara! Granted, if you don't have long eyelashes on your lower lid this shouldn't be a problem for you. But for some reason it really irked me. I really don't get all the great reviews here. Don't say I didn't warn you!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is a gorgeous chocolate brown with metallic sheen. Lasts a long time on the eyes, goes on super-smooth. a new staple for me.