Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle 396 [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Talc, Mineral (Paraffinum Liquidum) Oil, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Stearate, Kaolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silica, Trimyristin, Isostearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate (in 396), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (in 398), Tin Oxide (in 396, 398), Palmitic Acid (in 398). May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 44792, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 1/31/2007 4:45:00 PM

I am so happy with this! A week ago I bought a MAC eyeshadow in the color "Amber lights" and now that I have this new palette I discovered that the orange color in it (is like gold-orange) is very similar.
This eyeshadows have an amazing quality, better that many expensive brands. I never bought eyeshadows of this brand but now I want to go and buy the other shades!!! I paid $4.99 and I think that is super cheap because the quality is awesome!!!

on 1/30/2007 10:40:00 AM

Sand Castle is the most neutral of the new Wet & Wild Eye Expressions palettes. The colors range from bronze to cream to chocolate brown, and most of them are shimmery. The quality of these shadows for the price is excellent. (I bought mine at Meijer for $4.19.) The texture is creamy, and pigmentation is very good. The tan color on the bottom left is the only one I'm not crazy about - it's gritty and glittery without much pigment. But overall, this is a great palette and I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/28/2007 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this and two other limited edition palettes and haven't been able to stop trying new looks and color combos on my eyes and on my hand! WnW eye shadows are one of the best mu surprises in years! They are long-wearing, crease resistant and overall high quality. This palette contains mostly neutrals and would look good on most people. I'm indebted to the MUA community for introducing me to these shadows; they lived up to all the hype!

The colors of this palette, going clockwise, starting from the top left corner are: Bone, light peach, light to medium rose and light tan (all are lightly frosted). Going down the center the colors are: medium purpley-taupe, antique gold, copper and metallic brown (more heavily frosted).

Eyes: Violet

I am a make-up junkie. And anything that is highly recommended on MUA, I always have to check out. There are always high praises for WNW shadows. I just love them. And this is no exception. These are a group of 8 shadows. 4 larger, lighter shades and 4 deeper shades in the middle. These totally compliment my blue eyes. The texture is so creamy and smooth. There is some shimmer but it isn't garish. I am 40 and it works very well with my eyes. NOTE: I do not have alot of problem with crepey skin around the eyes. (Thank you Avon eye creams) If you have crepey skin around the eyes, the shimmer may present a problem. I also picked up Paradise Cove and Fantasy Island. For 4.99 how can you go wrong!! I love these shadows and plan to stock up since Wet n Wild has a tendency to discontinue great shadow palettes.

on 1/8/2007 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is another great palette of neutral shadows anybody could wear. There's everything from a frosty white and shimmery peach to a plummy taupe and deep aubergine. There are 8 colors in all, and there's even a credit card-sized mirror that slides out. All for $4.99 at Walgreen's (look for the $1 coupon on the display). All are shimmery though; no mattes here.