Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 12/26/2007 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for a year now. It's my HG lotion. It feels rich, but not greasy and softens my skin and has really helped reduce my stretch marks. It has a soft, cocoa butter smell to it, but it's pleasant and not overpowering.

I LOVE this. It smells yummy and moisturizes really well. It leaves my skin baby soft and has a gorgeous sheen. More even-toned too. I'll definitely be buying it again. I have the one with added vitamin e by the way. I also had a really dark scar from a burn which was already smooth but it was really dark and it's almost gone now since I've used this product. I also have some stretch marks on my hips from growth spurts that are fading away. And a lot of minor flaws in my skin have also disappeared thanks to the cocoa butter. This is definitely my HG body lotion, I'm never going to use another body lotion ever again!

on 12/9/2007 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product, and an even better price. It absorbs quickly, and smells wonderful. It has the classic cocoa butter aroma, without being so strong you smell like candy. It really helps dry skin and fades some stretch marks. It makes my skin oh so soft, even my hubby uses it.

on 12/4/2007 10:57:00 PM

I've always been a big fan of Vaseline's body lotion line and this one is no different--it leaves my skin so incredibly soft, smooth, and silky. It feels like a luxury moisturizer but without the price. Despite the distinct cocoa smell (can be pleasant in small doses, but I might get sick of it after I smell it everyday) I would repurchase this.

on 12/3/2007 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love it!!!!!! It doesnt smell highly chocolaty. Its awesome. A little watery but its so weird it does moisturize.I had a bad dark spot on my arm for like 3 years that i got when I was cooking and oil got on me and burned me, and within about a week of using this lotion it greatly faded now its almost gone. Awesome stuff!! I got it for like 3 bucks at target and it even came with like 30 % free. What a deal!

on 12/1/2007 12:10:00 AM

I cannot stand the smell of this product, which is strange considering I love cocoa butter. Way too perfumey and sweet for me--doesn't actually smell like cocoa butter at all. Because of this, I couldn't leave it on my skin long enough to determine whether or not it is significantly moisturizing, but most Vaseline products usually are.

on 11/30/2007 12:38:00 PM

The drugstore was outta my beloved Palmer's, so I had to opt for this. ITA w/the reviewer below. It really doesn't compare to Palmer's, but it's one of the better body lotions I've tried. The formula is thinner and milkier than Palmer's, but it does sink in nicely and moisturizes all day. Most body lotions I've tried only moisturize for a few hours (Bath & Body Works for example). The smell is pleasant, but not fantastic. It's faintly cocoa butter w/a touch of vanilla/coconut perhaps??? Basically, the scent just isn't as rich and wonderful as Palmer's. Lastly, it tones my skin like the Palmer's, so that's a plus. The color and texture of my skin are excellent and I truly believe it's the cocoa butter. I would purchase again, BUT ONLY if the drugstore was out of my Palmer's.

on 11/24/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Works well and smells pretty...but it doesn't hold a candle to my Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.

on 11/11/2007 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff moisturizes like nothing I've tried before!
A bottle would probably last you 3 weeks of constantly using it.. and I think its dirt cheap!
Makes your skin feel beautiful!

on 11/7/2007 5:00:00 PM

By far, Vaseline's Cocoa Butter Deep Conditoning lotion is the best drugstore body lotion I've tried, and believe me, I've tried quite a few. My demands for a body lotion are just for it to moisturize and not smell bad. I don't need my body lotion to have tons of bells and whistles, and this doesn't have any: it's not fiming, no "touch of self tanner," contains silk or cashmere, no fake scents (what exactly does "joy" smell like?) and doesn't do dishes. I just get out of the shower and apply Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion to damp skin, and my skin stays soft and hydrated until I need to apply again. This is about $5 for a giant bottle with a pump and is worth the money. What sucks is that the pump for Vaseline body lotions stops working at one point, so when this happens, just cut the bottle in half and transfer lotion to an empty jar, or just keep the bottle sealed in a plastic bag. This product is certainly not luxurious but it gets the job done.