October 20, 2014 | 1535 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

I love it!!!!!! It doesnt smell highly chocolaty. Its awesome. A little watery but its so weird it does moisturize.I had a bad dark spot on my arm for like 3 years that i got when I was cooking and oil got on me and burned me, and within about a week of using this lotion it greatly faded now its almost gone. Awesome stuff!! I got it for like 3 bucks at target and it even came with like 30 % free. What a deal!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by yovivbabe

I cannot stand the smell of this product, which is strange considering I love cocoa butter. Way too perfumey and sweet for me--doesn't actually smell like cocoa butter at all. Because of this, I couldn't leave it on my skin long enough to determine whether or not it is significantly moisturizing, but most Vaseline products usually are.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

The drugstore was outta my beloved Palmer's, so I had to opt for this. ITA w/the reviewer below. It really doesn't compare to Palmer's, but it's one of the better body lotions I've tried. The formula is thinner and milkier than Palmer's, but it does sink in nicely and moisturizes all day. Most body lotions I've tried only moisturize for a few hours (Bath & Body Works for example). The smell is pleasant, but not fantastic. It's faintly cocoa butter w/a touch of vanilla/coconut perhaps??? Basically, the scent just isn't as rich and wonderful as Palmer's. Lastly, it tones my skin like the Palmer's, so that's a plus. The color and texture of my skin are excellent and I truly believe it's the cocoa butter. I would purchase again, BUT ONLY if the drugstore was out of my Palmer's.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Works well and smells pretty...but it doesn't hold a candle to my Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by qaweenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff moisturizes like nothing I've tried before!
A bottle would probably last you 3 weeks of constantly using it.. and I think its dirt cheap!
Makes your skin feel beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

By far, Vaseline's Cocoa Butter Deep Conditoning lotion is the best drugstore body lotion I've tried, and believe me, I've tried quite a few. My demands for a body lotion are just for it to moisturize and not smell bad. I don't need my body lotion to have tons of bells and whistles, and this doesn't have any: it's not fiming, no "touch of self tanner," contains silk or cashmere, no fake scents (what exactly does "joy" smell like?) and doesn't do dishes. I just get out of the shower and apply Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion to damp skin, and my skin stays soft and hydrated until I need to apply again. This is about $5 for a giant bottle with a pump and is worth the money. What sucks is that the pump for Vaseline body lotions stops working at one point, so when this happens, just cut the bottle in half and transfer lotion to an empty jar, or just keep the bottle sealed in a plastic bag. This product is certainly not luxurious but it gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How Vaseline managed to mess up the scent of cocoa butter is beyond me. It just smells goofy. But I have to admit that it moisturizes my skin.

Won't buy again because of the weird scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Habersham

I usually LOVE vaseline lotions - cheap, smell great, what's not to like?

But this one made me itch all over - I think it's the glycerin. The smell is great though, and I wish it had worked for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Another reason I should not read Allure...I had to go get this-well,at a little over $3 for 10 oz. I can't complain.Smells lovely(good enough to eat)and really hydrates well.I keep rubbing it on because I love the smell:P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I think this is the best new product around. The gel/oil is great, too. I'm pregnant, and I love putting this on my itchy tummy/boobs, but it also moisturizes all over. The smell is heavenly! So sweet and tasty. Also, I'd been fighting a weird rash on both arms, and NOTHING was working...Even stuff the doctor gave me. No joke, after 3 nights of this lotion (I cover myself in it before bed) the rash is almost completely gone. Also, an enormous bottle costs $7. What's not to love?