November 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by morgan522

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

i bought it and as grossed out as i was to put it on, i did. it did nothing.. didnt make my face soft, didnt shrink my pores. just made me smell like yogurt. i wouldnt bother doing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use yogurt as cleanser..that's the best facial cleanser ever, my face stop breaking out..althought during time of the month I still get 1 or 2 which would go away overnight. As using it as facial mask, it was HUGE mistake..I just left it for few minutes, suddenly my face felt itchy, I washed my face right away, and left my face red..like a maryland steamed crab. At the beginning using yogurt as cleanser, my face still reacted red but the redness go away after few mins, gradually the skin grew accustom to yogurt and I have never had problem ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I decided to try this not expecting anything. Well my pores look smaller after just one mask! I always have yogurt in the house, so I plan to use this often. Wow! I can't use most masks because they make me break out. What a nice surprise. This really is the best site for information!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lillapink

Okay, I'm giving this 4 lippies at the moment because its cheap, it feels nice when you put the cool yogurt on, and so far, I've only done it once but I'm starting to see a difference! My pale skin looks less sickly and a few pimples I have are looking much less red! I only gave it 4 because its a little hard to get off, but it will definitely gain back that little lippie if I keep seeing results, as I am DEFINITELY going to try this again!
I'll update later, thanks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love plain yogurt as a facial mask. I use whatever plain yogurt I happen to have in my fridge: Greek, regular, full-fat, low-fat, fat-free. I don't add any other ingredients because my skin is very sensitive and even plain honey as a mask irritates it. In fact, I was wary of trying the yogurt mask because I'd had no luck with the honey mask, but my skin loves a plain yogurt mask. I apply it to dry, clean skin, leave it on for about ten minutes, and then remove it with a damp washcloth. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. My skin looks plumper (in a good way--not swollen!), and blackheads and large pores seem less noticeable. I try to use this once a week, though I don't always remember or have plain yogurt on hand. This is one of the few home remedies that works for my sensitive skin, and I can't rave enough about it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yesterday, something in my fridge saved me a great deal of pain and embarrassment when it came to my skin. I love you, Fage Complete Greek yogurt!

I am currently using the potent product called Acne Stop ( 10% salicylic acid/ 5% lactic acid ). I applied it to my face with a cotton round, and then without thinking, I started putting it on my neck (dumb, I know, but I use toner after cleansing, so force of habit). My face felt the normal sting, but the pain felt on my neck was unbearable. I flushed the skin under cold water for a few minutes, but it didn't help the hurt or redness. Next, I applied some milk-soaked cotton rounds, but my skin still looked awful. I had to leave the house in 30 minutes, so in a final act of desperation, I slathered Fage Complete all over my neck. I left it on for about 15-20 minutes. It felt wonderful- so cooling and soothing. When I rinsed it off, I was amazed....my skin looked as if nothing had ever happened. Redness and pain gone, and it was even smoother and creamier to boot.

This was not the first time I've used yogurt ask a mask; I've made asprin/Fage masks before, and I always love the results. It leaves my skin very smooth and bright. My skin is on the oily side and can be clog prone, and the mask helps loosen the junky stuff so it can be easily extracted. It is very moisturizing, so I think that a plain Fage mask would be great for dry skin. Also, this would be ideal for soothing sunburn. After seeing how it helped my skin yesterday, I had to write a review. I buy it at Kroger or Target, and besides doing great things for my skin, it tastes divine (IMO). Give this a go next time your skin acts up. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by inanis

I generally try to avoid masks because I've had allergic reactions in the past, but I decided to try the yogurt mask last night. I used fat free greek style yogurt (it's much thicker than normal yogurt, and stayed on really well) mixed with some honey. The mask ended up making me feel slightly dry (although it wasn't dry enough to bother me), but it also left my face feeling tighter, evened out my skin tone, and reduced the acne I had. Needless to say I shall be working this into my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MNG531

After reading the reviews here, I tried it and it works! My skin feels softer, and pores are smaller. The skin also looks brighter. I mix 2 teaspoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 tea spoon flour (or as much as needed). The flour helps the yogurt mixture to stay on my face without running. I mix flour into the yogurt to get the consistency of sour cream and it stays on my face perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my coworkers told me that when he got a sunburn while on a cruise, he was given plain yogurt to apply to the burn. He said it really worked, so I tried this a couple of weeks ago when my face was red, dry and irritated (which was most likely due to the extreme cold and using a strong cleanser). I just put on a thin layer of plain yogurt and let it sit for about 5 minutes. When I rinsed it off, my skin felt so much better and the dry patches were gone. I make my own yogurt, so this is an incredibly inexpensive way to take care of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this mask from time to time,and it is really good mask,but nothing miracle.Anyway,it is a way better and gives me more effect than so many store-brand masks I've ever tried.It really calms my oily but sensitive skin down.I use yogurt with lemon juice,honey,You name it.And it really gives me some glow and more even skin tone.But nothing dramatic.Best way to use yougurt as a mask is with Aspirin.Awsome.This is miracle and did wonders for my skin.
Oh yes,yesterday I burnt my cheeks by using wet wash cloth wich was too hot,and I put some yogurt on my burnt/red cheeks and Yogurt calm my irritation right away.I think this is the best natural SHOOTING product You will ever use on Your face.