October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lillapink

Okay, I'm giving this 4 lippies at the moment because its cheap, it feels nice when you put the cool yogurt on, and so far, I've only done it once but I'm starting to see a difference! My pale skin looks less sickly and a few pimples I have are looking much less red! I only gave it 4 because its a little hard to get off, but it will definitely gain back that little lippie if I keep seeing results, as I am DEFINITELY going to try this again!
I'll update later, thanks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love plain yogurt as a facial mask. I use whatever plain yogurt I happen to have in my fridge: Greek, regular, full-fat, low-fat, fat-free. I don't add any other ingredients because my skin is very sensitive and even plain honey as a mask irritates it. In fact, I was wary of trying the yogurt mask because I'd had no luck with the honey mask, but my skin loves a plain yogurt mask. I apply it to dry, clean skin, leave it on for about ten minutes, and then remove it with a damp washcloth. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. My skin looks plumper (in a good way--not swollen!), and blackheads and large pores seem less noticeable. I try to use this once a week, though I don't always remember or have plain yogurt on hand. This is one of the few home remedies that works for my sensitive skin, and I can't rave enough about it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yesterday, something in my fridge saved me a great deal of pain and embarrassment when it came to my skin. I love you, Fage Complete Greek yogurt!

I am currently using the potent product called Acne Stop ( 10% salicylic acid/ 5% lactic acid ). I applied it to my face with a cotton round, and then without thinking, I started putting it on my neck (dumb, I know, but I use toner after cleansing, so force of habit). My face felt the normal sting, but the pain felt on my neck was unbearable. I flushed the skin under cold water for a few minutes, but it didn't help the hurt or redness. Next, I applied some milk-soaked cotton rounds, but my skin still looked awful. I had to leave the house in 30 minutes, so in a final act of desperation, I slathered Fage Complete all over my neck. I left it on for about 15-20 minutes. It felt wonderful- so cooling and soothing. When I rinsed it off, I was amazed....my skin looked as if nothing had ever happened. Redness and pain gone, and it was even smoother and creamier to boot.

This was not the first time I've used yogurt ask a mask; I've made asprin/Fage masks before, and I always love the results. It leaves my skin very smooth and bright. My skin is on the oily side and can be clog prone, and the mask helps loosen the junky stuff so it can be easily extracted. It is very moisturizing, so I think that a plain Fage mask would be great for dry skin. Also, this would be ideal for soothing sunburn. After seeing how it helped my skin yesterday, I had to write a review. I buy it at Kroger or Target, and besides doing great things for my skin, it tastes divine (IMO). Give this a go next time your skin acts up. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by inanis

I generally try to avoid masks because I've had allergic reactions in the past, but I decided to try the yogurt mask last night. I used fat free greek style yogurt (it's much thicker than normal yogurt, and stayed on really well) mixed with some honey. The mask ended up making me feel slightly dry (although it wasn't dry enough to bother me), but it also left my face feeling tighter, evened out my skin tone, and reduced the acne I had. Needless to say I shall be working this into my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MNG531

After reading the reviews here, I tried it and it works! My skin feels softer, and pores are smaller. The skin also looks brighter. I mix 2 teaspoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 tea spoon flour (or as much as needed). The flour helps the yogurt mixture to stay on my face without running. I mix flour into the yogurt to get the consistency of sour cream and it stays on my face perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my coworkers told me that when he got a sunburn while on a cruise, he was given plain yogurt to apply to the burn. He said it really worked, so I tried this a couple of weeks ago when my face was red, dry and irritated (which was most likely due to the extreme cold and using a strong cleanser). I just put on a thin layer of plain yogurt and let it sit for about 5 minutes. When I rinsed it off, my skin felt so much better and the dry patches were gone. I make my own yogurt, so this is an incredibly inexpensive way to take care of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this mask from time to time,and it is really good mask,but nothing miracle.Anyway,it is a way better and gives me more effect than so many store-brand masks I've ever tried.It really calms my oily but sensitive skin down.I use yogurt with lemon juice,honey,You name it.And it really gives me some glow and more even skin tone.But nothing dramatic.Best way to use yougurt as a mask is with Aspirin.Awsome.This is miracle and did wonders for my skin.
Oh yes,yesterday I burnt my cheeks by using wet wash cloth wich was too hot,and I put some yogurt on my burnt/red cheeks and Yogurt calm my irritation right away.I think this is the best natural SHOOTING product You will ever use on Your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yessika29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very dry-sensitive skin. I can't use any regular store product due to most of them having so many chemicals so usually for the most part they all make me break in a horrible face rash so I decided to lookup in here for something more natural and I came across the yogurt mask..I use the Organic Greek Plain Yogurt and WAO!!! The results are amazing...I had a rash on my face due to using some makeup remover face wipes and by using the yogurt as a mask it made all the redness go away. I leave it on for about 10-15 mins. And then remove it using a washcloth and my face feels smooth, refreshed and even...This stuff can really even out my skin something than no other product has been able to do. My makeup looks even better on after using yogurt as a mask. I also at times use some raw honey with it and it feels good too. The only thing I'm not to keen about this is the smell it kind of smells like having sour cream on my face but because of the results I am more than ok to keep using it. I don't think I would ever buy store products again as long as I have this. I'll update if anything changes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, oily skin that's under treatment for all-over acne (blackheads, whiteheads, comodones, cystic, you name it and I've had it in the past 3 months.) Skin board rec'd this after I asked whether the pricey probiotic moisturizer the spa rec'd me was worth it. So since I had some greek yogurt in the fridge anyway, I tried it that night...mixed some up w/some lemon juice and slathered it on after my shower, and left it for about 10-15 minutes. I can't tell after one use if it'll have any long-term effects, but after rinsing my skin seemed very calm and soothed and felt like velvet :) I also noticed that some of my flakeys were reduced.

I think I'll keep doing this just cause it feels nice, it's inexpensive (I always have yogurt around anyway), and my skin seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is seriously changing my skin. I've used this three times now and my skin is glowing--I can't recall the last time my skin had this kind of glow and was this clear...seriously! I debated not putting make-up on today my skin has been looking so good (even considered not wearing eye make-up..*gasp!!*) This is incredible! Thank you sooo much MUA!!!

04/04/2011: Returned back to this after some experimentation with other lines, trying to go more natural and work with my skin instead of against it. I am sorry I ever stopped using this, but for a period of a few years (inbetween reviews) I switched over to HE skincare, with all it's bells and whistles. Overpriced and underperforming. Recently, switched over to a cleansing oil (Origins, love it), have to still cleanse rather fastidiously afterwrds, which was drying my skin out at tad. This yogurt mask returned it to it's calmer, prewashed state. Still debating this as a cleanser, mask over non-cleansed skin, but for now, this settles my skin after cleansing, calms the redness, seems to clean outt he pores w/o stripping and leaves behind a film that feels very kind and protective. Occasionally will add lemon or aspirin, if really cranky breakout, but otherwise, can't say enough good things about this mask.

My skin is combo [oily/dry] sensitive, red, breakout/clog prone with fine lines really starting to appear. This one attacks them all (no joke), which is something NO manufactured product has ever come close to doing (except for my John Masters Organics Pomegranate Seed Oil, but that's for tx, not cleansing).