Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 7/23/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got Fage's 2% Yogurt because I wanted to eat it lol. Found out I don't actually like the taste of yogurt so I smeared it on my face and left it there for 20 minutes. Worked very well. My normally oily skin was soft and moist. Yogurt seems to have a cooling effect. Nice Nice No oil, just moisture with a soft and dewy feel. Yippie!! Googled it and found out you could use yogurt as a hair mask. Applied it to hair and left in for 1 hour. Washed out with water and shampooed and conditioned as normal. Dandruff was nonexistant and hair was softer. Definatly need to get more yogurt.

on 7/8/2009 10:30:00 PM

I use plain yogurt. I use the brand I find the cheapest. One of the main reasons I started using this mask was to remove the tan on my face. Over the years, my skin has turned darker and darker. Since I wasn't keen on using sunscreen, the sun really ruined my skin. I googled it and saw that using yogurt is one of the safest way to lighten the skin. I do not use yogurt by itself (although using it alone is great too)---I use two spoons of yogurt, 1 spoon of honey, 2 spoons of oatmeal, a pinch of turmeric power (this has been used by indians for centuries for glowing skin and acne) and if my skin is feeling dry (because of Retin-A), a few drops of vitamin E. I do see slight lightening (nothing major) as I haven't used it for very long. However, I CAN say that this combination really calms my skin down and since I have acne, it feels soooo nice. My skin also glows and my large pores seem a lot smaller. I will continue to use this mask everyday. It is cheap too :)

on 6/17/2009 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I buy the plain, fat free Kroger brand 32 oz container. What I like to do is drain the yogurt first. I empty the whole container into a paper towel filled wire strainer over a bowl and put it in the fridge to drain the liquid out.Make sure the paper towels cover the yogurt on top too. It drains pretty fast, so dump the collected liquid out once initially then leave it overnight to get all the liquid out.The rest of the yogurt is left nice and thick. I then put it back into the original container. I use yogurt as a cleanser mixed with salt for exfoliation in the morning. It is wonderful, and it makes my skin glow. Nice and gentle and moisturizing and nutritious and economical and inexpensive for my skin! Marvelous indeed.

on 6/16/2009 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Yogurt type: 2% Fage Greek yogurt

Added: Manuka honey 16+

Left on for: 1 hour

Hoped for:

(First time): reduction in size, redness and/or number of acne lesions; less redness in general; and/or finer-grained, softer skin.

(Second time): alleviation of painful red rash on neck that developed due to sensitive skin's reaction to a product.

Results (first time): No change on any fronts. "Feel" of skin was identical to feel of skin after cleansing with a gentle cleanser and using an alcohol-free toner.

Results (second time): absolutely no help to the irritation on my neck. Redness remained; pain the same.

Summary: I have been using milk on every type of skin trauma (burns; sunburn; rash) for a long time, to great effect. So, I thought yogurt would be a step up. Since trying out Manuka honey for the first time a month or so ago, I realized that did nothing for my acne either, but since I had the whole expensive jar sitting there, I added some to this mask.

I'm sad to report the yogurt wrought no change at all in any of my skin issues (see above). The only reason this gets 3 stars is because it is pleasurable to apply, the cooling feeling on contact is nice, and it's fun to make one's own skincare.

on 6/5/2009 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before I heard of this on MUA I had used the Yogurt Mask only once to soothe a sunburn. Its brilliant work should have given me a heads up.

I have never used anything so magnificent on my face.I have very oil and acne prone skin. I use Fage full fat yogurt and it works wonders. When I put it on, my face is oily, red and maybe a bit flaky, and when i wash it off 15 minutes later my face is transformed into completely balanced and soft skin. It even shrins white heads.

I use different variations of the mask depending on what else I have at hand. I usually use 1 generous tbsp. of yogurt. Then I add salt, lemon and viegar on oily days or honey on dry days. I like to put it only very thick, so the full fat version is best for me. I really don't like it when it dries completely because it is more difficult to wash off. The smell was funny the first time, but you honestly get used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

It also makes a delicious dessert if you have any leftover, just add honey and berries!

on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM

i applied this on my red bumps, after a few mins the redness were all gone.. it really does soothes the skin.. i also use this as my mask and i love it too.. i think it really exfoliates my face.. i love milk stuffs so much! smells good and very natural!

on 5/26/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I enjoy using a mask with Greek yogurt, a little lemon juice, and a squeeze of honey about once a week. Be sure to rinse with cold water to lock in all of that great moisture and plumpness you just got from the mask. My skin is rosy and glowing after using this mask. It is especially great for hot summer days, but I use year-round.

on 5/21/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i bought it and as grossed out as i was to put it on, i did. it did nothing.. didnt make my face soft, didnt shrink my pores. just made me smell like yogurt. i wouldnt bother doing this again.

on 5/11/2009 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use yogurt as cleanser..that's the best facial cleanser ever, my face stop breaking out..althought during time of the month I still get 1 or 2 which would go away overnight. As using it as facial mask, it was HUGE mistake..I just left it for few minutes, suddenly my face felt itchy, I washed my face right away, and left my face red..like a maryland steamed crab. At the beginning using yogurt as cleanser, my face still reacted red but the redness go away after few mins, gradually the skin grew accustom to yogurt and I have never had problem ever.

on 4/29/2009 10:31:00 PM

I decided to try this not expecting anything. Well my pores look smaller after just one mask! I always have yogurt in the house, so I plan to use this often. Wow! I can't use most masks because they make me break out. What a nice surprise. This really is the best site for information!

Popular Masks