Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's cheap, and soothing/hydrating and relatively benign. No harm in this - mix up some plain yogurt with a bit of honey or all by itself. Appy for 10-15 minutes and rinse away.

Done!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have dry, acne prone skin and I love to do a mask of 10% Mediterranean yogurt when my skin dries out or gets flaky from acne treatments. The 10% yogurt is much thicker so you won't have to drain it, you can just smooth it right on. I pay about $5 a tub for the Liberty brand (this is Canadian) and use about a teaspoon to spread on my face. I leave it until it dries, wash off, moisturize and apply m/u as normal. My skin is calmed, less red, hydrated (thanks to the milk fat) and feels smooth. My makeup applies so much nicer than that. Another reviewer has pointed out that the lactic acid in milk is also a nice, gentle exfoliator as well. For the price, this is well worth trying.

So, I'm writing this as I'm wearing my very first yogurt mask :) I have red skin, and its a little dry, i've been using the clearasil wash, but its making my skin all red. so i'm trying this hope it works :D

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Alright, I was sucked into putting this mask on by my Mom. I must tell you that I have very dry skin and it worked miracles on my skin.
As I was applying to my face, I applied few drops to my scalp bec I have very dry itchy scalp. I must say that my scalp feels moisturized and feels so much better.
I will definitely use this product again

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So, I was skeptical about trying this out.
I tried it at first with just yogurt alone. My mom bought an organic fat-free plain yogurt, so I just used that one.
I just put it on my face as is. I didn't drain it. (I'll try that later, and update on that too.) It was awesome. It moisturizes just like the honey masks I've tried. I seriously don't know which one's better. I think honey will give you more of a glow, while yogurt makes my skin feel REALLY moisturized. I love them both.
Next, I tried yogurt plus lemon or lime, whichever one I could find. I was scared that it would irritate my skin. But it didn't! yay!
With the added lemon or lime, I feel like I have more of a glow + awesome moisturization. I also feel that it's been keeping breakouts at bay.
I love this.
I love this, and the asipirin mask, and the honey mask!. omg. What would I do without makeupalley. lol
This is also friggin awesome because you don't have to buy those friggin expensive masks. Crazy.
try it!

I had v-beam laser/photo facial 2 wks ago and still have brown spots waiting to flake off and horrible bright red streaks and blotches all over my nose. So I thought using yogurt mask might ease redness, encourage flaking of dead skin. It feels very good and the redness is less on my nose afterwards. The brown spots are still there but I am going to use this for 15 min every day for a week to see if the lactic acid gently encourages the exfoliation I am waiting for. Will update if it helps a lot.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got Fage's 2% Yogurt because I wanted to eat it lol. Found out I don't actually like the taste of yogurt so I smeared it on my face and left it there for 20 minutes. Worked very well. My normally oily skin was soft and moist. Yogurt seems to have a cooling effect. Nice Nice No oil, just moisture with a soft and dewy feel. Yippie!! Googled it and found out you could use yogurt as a hair mask. Applied it to hair and left in for 1 hour. Washed out with water and shampooed and conditioned as normal. Dandruff was nonexistant and hair was softer. Definatly need to get more yogurt.

I use plain yogurt. I use the brand I find the cheapest. One of the main reasons I started using this mask was to remove the tan on my face. Over the years, my skin has turned darker and darker. Since I wasn't keen on using sunscreen, the sun really ruined my skin. I googled it and saw that using yogurt is one of the safest way to lighten the skin. I do not use yogurt by itself (although using it alone is great too)---I use two spoons of yogurt, 1 spoon of honey, 2 spoons of oatmeal, a pinch of turmeric power (this has been used by indians for centuries for glowing skin and acne) and if my skin is feeling dry (because of Retin-A), a few drops of vitamin E. I do see slight lightening (nothing major) as I haven't used it for very long. However, I CAN say that this combination really calms my skin down and since I have acne, it feels soooo nice. My skin also glows and my large pores seem a lot smaller. I will continue to use this mask everyday. It is cheap too :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I buy the plain, fat free Kroger brand 32 oz container. What I like to do is drain the yogurt first. I empty the whole container into a paper towel filled wire strainer over a bowl and put it in the fridge to drain the liquid out.Make sure the paper towels cover the yogurt on top too. It drains pretty fast, so dump the collected liquid out once initially then leave it overnight to get all the liquid out.The rest of the yogurt is left nice and thick. I then put it back into the original container. I use yogurt as a cleanser mixed with salt for exfoliation in the morning. It is wonderful, and it makes my skin glow. Nice and gentle and moisturizing and nutritious and economical and inexpensive for my skin! Marvelous indeed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Yogurt type: 2% Fage Greek yogurt

Added: Manuka honey 16+

Left on for: 1 hour

Hoped for:

(First time): reduction in size, redness and/or number of acne lesions; less redness in general; and/or finer-grained, softer skin.

(Second time): alleviation of painful red rash on neck that developed due to sensitive skin's reaction to a product.

Results (first time): No change on any fronts. "Feel" of skin was identical to feel of skin after cleansing with a gentle cleanser and using an alcohol-free toner.

Results (second time): absolutely no help to the irritation on my neck. Redness remained; pain the same.

Summary: I have been using milk on every type of skin trauma (burns; sunburn; rash) for a long time, to great effect. So, I thought yogurt would be a step up. Since trying out Manuka honey for the first time a month or so ago, I realized that did nothing for my acne either, but since I had the whole expensive jar sitting there, I added some to this mask.

I'm sad to report the yogurt wrought no change at all in any of my skin issues (see above). The only reason this gets 3 stars is because it is pleasurable to apply, the cooling feeling on contact is nice, and it's fun to make one's own skincare.

Popular Masks