September 17, 2014 | 1983 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I really don't have a use for clear mascara, so I use both sides as a brow gel. Works great for me. Only $1. Can't beat that!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok I guess if you absolutely find yourself in need of something like this. I honestly find this product not a necessity. I don't use it often at all but when I do, I only use the eyebrow side and it really doesn't keep my brows from moving. A deffinate "eh" product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I bought this along with the Max Factor clear mascara, and found them both to be fairly similar in the way they applied, dried and stayed on. The only difference was the price ($1 for E.L.F., $7 for the Max Factor), the fact that the E.L.F. one has two brushes, one for lashes and one for brow, and the amount you get (the Max Factor tube is pretty large, 0.34 oz, and the E.L.F., even combining the brow and lash amounts, look smaller). I usually don't like mascaras, but when I need a bit of definition, I'll use these. I've used clear mascaras in the past, and they seem to behave as I remember. You have to let them dry, but they won't cause a nasty smear if you mess up. Sometimes you get little "dew drops" that you can comb away carefully, but no clumps. The only downside I'm finding with any mascara is that if I don't let them dry, they smear all over the inside of my glasses. However, I still like them for an almost everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

I love this product so much.
I have very dark, thick eyebrows and this is the thing to get them undercontrol. Like, if i dont use this on my brows in the morning, I feel as if theyre a complete mess.
I dont really like the clear mascara on my eyelashed so i just use both sides for my brows and it works fantastic.
And its only $1? You cannot beat that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyebrows can get pretty unruly and this does an awesome job of keeping a great shape the whole day. The price cannot be beat. I can't really say much about the clear mascara part, because I like my eyes to look dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by missyangel

its only a dollar so i cant really complain.. since i dont color my brows it gives me a natural look & keeping my brows in shape

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by heygerlhey

not a strong gel, but it still keeps your eyebrows in place.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this and can't really complain. Its only a buck! The formula is the same for the mascara and the brow gel. I think, like someone else said, it was separated due to sanitary purposes. However, I don't like clear mascara on my lashes because mine are so light... so I have only used this for my brows. The wand in the eyebrow side is more squared off on the edge where the lash side is pointed more...but... over all, same exact effect received when using on the brows. Will I purchase again? Sure! My only complaint is that there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of product for each end, but...for one dollar, is that REALLY worthy of complaint? haha

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kyliemou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First off, I do not pluck my eyebrows nor do I trim them. I don't like thin eyebrows; I like having thick and rich eyebrows. But having thick eyebrows sometimes mean it can get bushy or just unruly.

For the cheap price, I find this clear mascara does a good job for my eyebrows. I am not quite sure about the staying power because since I do not touch my eyebrows throughout the day, when I use the gel in the morning, my eyebrows stay neat. It is good to use when your eyebrows just aren't cooperating. I'm not sure if it's because of the product or because my eyebrows are too damn much, but I find that I get dust particles stuck in my eyebrows all the time.

The only problem is this gel seems to be ineffective for my thin lashes. In the middle of the day, I notice my eyelashes have fallen limp or are no longer separated.

I do like how the product is separated in two (even though it's the same exact product on both sides) to be sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this !..does the job for only a buck!