Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 3/1/2007 6:11:00 AM

This seriously is the best gel liner out there! It really stays put through the day (7am onward till late evening)... sweat and rain don't interfere with its staying power, and I even wore this eyeliner to the beach in the summer (to put it to the ultimate test: swimming!), and it did not budge! No kidding-- I was so happy and surprised because I thought surely, it must run a little.. and so I even carried a small bottle of make-up remover in my beach bag to touch up on the liner runs, but I didn't have to fix anything! My HG eyeliner.. I have it in various colors too.

One tiny complaint though-- the gel formula becomes a bit dried out since there is a lot in one tub.. so it will last you a while.. and now mine is really hard to work with since it's so dried out (I'm still on my first black ink tub)-- so what I do is I'd heat it up with my hairdryer to make it more pliable before lining my eyes.

on 2/25/2007 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only eyeliner I use now. Nothing stays put like this. I have tried so many types of eyeliner and they all rub off and fade within 2 hours- this stays all day, the intensity fades a little during the day, I find a little touch up in the evening is all I need to keep it fresh the entire day.

i LOVE this eyeliner. i used MAC blacktrack mascara before and was not satisfied with it. it was hard to apply because it was dry and i had to mix it with lotion. after i ran out, i did not want to buy it again. so i did a bit of research for a better eyeliner and found many positive reviews about the bobbi brown eyeliner. i bought it the next day and i do not regret buying it. this eyeliner is a little pricey but is worth every penny and little goes a long way. gotta give this one 5 lippies =).

on 1/14/2007 4:18:00 AM

I have this color and Espresso Ink that I bought separately on different occasions. I have tried MANY different types and brands of eyeliner and I believe this is one of the better liners compared to all others I previously owned before. I hate to say it but every eyeliner smudges at one point or another. This is exactly like MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (although more expensive) BUT I believe that BB lasts longer (especially on my bottom line). I think it takes 6+ hours until my bottom line smudges a bit in the corners when I wear this but that's good enough for me!

I've always been a fan of eyeliner pencils and hated the "wet" unnatural look of ink eyeliners. The girl at the Bobbi Brown counter recommended it, and I was amazed how if you apply it correctly it can have the same natural look of an eyeliner. Purchasing both the gel eyeliner and brush can be expensive, but the gel eyeliner seems to last forever! My roommate still has the one she bought a year ago. Just make sure to clean the brush after every use.

on 12/27/2006 4:42:00 PM

Hands down, one of the best gel eyeliners out there. Tons of staying power, doesn't flake/cake/wear off, no smudging. I love it - it's the only eyeliner I wear and have been buying this since it came out on the market.

on 12/1/2006 2:33:00 PM

HG, HG, HG. This is awesome, and lasts all day. It is a teensy bit hard to apply if you are a cheapskate like me and use and old eye shadow sponge brush to apply it (a pointy one). But mistakes are easily fixed with a q-tip. This stuff rocks! I had the hardest time finding eyeliner that would not give me "raccoon eyes". This it it, y'all!!!

on 11/16/2006 5:42:00 PM

My first Bobbi Brown ink liner dried up when it was less than half gone. I closed the bottle tightly after each use. It is a small price to pay for a wonderful product. I use the MAC 266 angle brush to apply the product. I put a little lotion on a Q tip to erase mistakes. Once it has time to dry, it will NOT smudge off.

on 10/2/2006 5:37:00 PM

I LOVE this liner! Goes on smoothly and professionally. I got the brush that was recommended & I'm glad I did! Precise lining, little effort. And it DOES last all day. I would definately buy this again!

on 9/24/2006 4:12:00 PM

This is great, a lovely jet black gel eyeliner that lasts all day. Love the fact that I can apply it with a brush - I can get more precision and a finer line than with kohl and easier to apply than with liquid.