September 21, 2014 | 1084 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Cincodemayobaby88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just tried this stuff last night and I am totally in love! Its cheap and super powerful. I get pretty bad acne about once a month when my hormones are out of whack as well as oily skin (which is made worse by living in such a humid place) and TONS of acne scarring on my cheeks and around my mouth. I had a few spots that were deep under the skin that no matter what I did they would just not go away. I put this stuff on and the first few minutes I was kicking myself cuz I wasnt feeling anything and then all of a sudden my face tightened up to the point I could close my mouth. When I finally washed it off the deep spots had turned to white heads and all the black heads on my nose rose to the surface so I could just scrub them off with a wash cloth! My skin was tight and oil free for the first time since I was a teenager and the scars were VERY faded! LOVE this stuff and will never buy another mask!

Update: After going on a major "cleaning spree" I think I used this stuff too much. Started breaking out a bit. Now I am down to once a week and its much better. My hubby works nights and came home one morning after I had used it and told me later he was afraid I was having an affair because my skin was so glowey when he got home. Also, I started mixing it into a much thicker batch than I used to and it seems to be pulling alot more out and taking a lot less time to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

I just used once this product since yesterday im gonna use this forever! i have a horrible acne prone and oily skin with big pores.

It really does pulsate my skin. It has been 24 hours since I used it but my skin is still so smooth and my pores tightened!

I usually go to school in Manila, the horrible pollution and stuff and I can't just believe its power is still on my face up to now.

Applying it too long to the face, made me feel some hot sensation but that's okay XD

I love everything about it the price, quality. Although they can improve their packaging and recommend other recipes aside from acv.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelracel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used thisover 6 years now,having oily acne prone skin.It really pulls(pulsate)as it says it will.It does clean your pores like sucking clean and tightens them.However it can be a bit drying in some areas,so just be sure to moisturize afterwards.It's difrent for everyone,maybe for some a t-zone mask would be fine,others may can only handle spot treatments.HTH

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

I have loved this stuff for years! To be clear: you must mix this with some sort of acid; either apple cider vinegar, reg vinegar, diluted lemon juice, etc. or it will NOT mix properly. Use a non-metal bowl and utensils also. The acid makes the mask fizzy and creamy so it's much easier to spread, plus the acid helps break down the keratin plugs clogging the pores. Use it sparingly on sensitive skin, and always use a gentle moisturizer afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by redcherrydrop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask is amazing! I have used it for 2 weeks and it really calms down my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ksnell

I had oily skin before trying this mask. I've only used it a total of two times. The first time all over my face and the second time I put it on one zit and my nose and cheek area (like a pore strip) it really drew out the white head. It washed out with the rest of the mask. It really burned initially. And I could physically feel all the oil being sucked out of my face. This is probably one of the most powerful masks i own. It stung when I tool it off. My face was so dry. The weird thing is it's been several days and my skin is still uncomfortably dry. Moisturizer is mandatory and it wasn't before. I really dislike that ._. I gave it a 4 because it sucked out my whitehead but it changed my skin type and my skin won't produce anymore oil... That can't be good.... I would buy it again as a spot treatment... But unless I was breaking out really badly all over the place I wouldn't apply It all over my face ever again -_-

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel neutral about this clay. I used it for a few weeks, thinking to myself that it was perfectly fine. Then I went on a trip and brought along my Queen Helene mint julep mask, and I was shocked by how much better it felt, both texture-wise and on my face. This mask is very harsh in comparison. (To be fair, I'm pretty sure I suck at mixing it.) I still use it as a spot treatment because it's an incredible zit-zapper, but it's too drying for my whole face. Maybe if I followed it up with a yogurt mask... but why bother experimenting when I'm (a) lazy and (b) completely satisfied with QH's formula? For me, this beats QH as a spot treatment only. And yeah, it's worth keeping around for that reason. I also can't deny it's a great bargain. Using it like I do, I'm pretty sure I'll be handing it down to my grandchildren, because there's just that much of it in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Asiago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This comes in a big tub, that will last a long time, I have had mine for over a year and it isn't even half empty.

After using a bunch of times my favorite mixture is to dissolve 3 uncoated aspirin in rosewater, add a spoonful of the clay, & some sweet almond oil to keep it from drying out my skin. I only use it 1x a week.

I only put on a thin layer, thin is easier to remove and does just as good a job as using a thick layer that will clog your drains eventually ( discovered this from experience ).

Cleans out your pores, helps get rid of blackheads, makes your skin smooth & clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sk090

Having read all the amazing comments on mua, I was a little disappointed when my experience with this mask didn't prove to be anything other than ordinary. I don't have particularly acne prone skin, but it didn't really do anything for me- my skin was prehaps a little softer after use, but nothing extraordinary as documented by some others on mua...!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alborosie

This stuff is absolutely wonderful. I found this product on youtube, and after reading all the great reviews, I finally bought it. My face can get really oily and clogged. When I use this mask my face feels so clean afterwards and it's just smooth. However, the only thing I don't like about this product is that you can't laugh with this product on your face! All in all, this is THE best mask I've tried.
Update:

So when I wrote this review I was using the mask with just plain water. The result was a very lumpy mask which was really hard to apply. I finally got apple cider vinegar and let me tell you, it make a BIG difference.

Once you mix the cider you hear it fizzing. I only had to mix it a little bit and the mask was really creamy no lumps at all. Also my face felt a lot cleaner like I just exfoliated. I have a few flesh toned bumps on my forehead and I can slowly see them disappearing.