July 22, 2014 | 1913 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product around 1 year ago and it is still half jar left! My receipt is mix 1 and half table spoons of clay with two teaspoons of ACV and some water. Adding ACV is very important! it helps mix up the paste more effectively and also it can reduce your pores. After put the mixed thing on my face about 10 mins and rinse then out, my face become sooo clear. like all the redness gone, and my pore is nearly invisible. It somewhat helps remove my blackheads. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Little0Miss

I don't often give products a 5, but I believe this is some POWERFUL stuff! I'm wearing the mask right now. This is probably the...4th time or so I've used it, and the first time I've used it with full strength apple cider vinegar, and let me tell you, the AVC makes a difference! Although I've felt the pulsating with just plain water, I am experiencing that "black hole" thing that I've heard people talk of, and I like it! The first time I used this mask, it got rid of two (tiny) pimples over night, and dried up a larger one by the next day. I'd say that's an accomplishment. However, I just recently broke out in a couple scattered pimples. They aren't large, but I hate pimples at all, so I want them gone ASAP. Thus, slathering on this gunk. I have a banquet to attend Friday and want to look my best, and I believe this mask will get my face back to being clear.

Another thing to add about this stuff: I got my first plantar wart (thank you dormatory bathrooms) and the acid I got from the doctor just wasn't doing much. I'm a big believer in natural healers and so I figured that if this stuff can pull the toxins out of pimples, it can probably pull the toxins out of a wart. And I was right. I'm simply amazed at how much smaller the wart is after only two applications. The thing just keeps getting smaller and smaller, and the doc said it would be difficult to remove. With this stuff, I'm certain I can have it gone shortly and without paying for medicines.

Hooray for calcium bentonite clay! Love it!

EDIT!:: After using this product a couple times, my skin broke out in a red, blotchy batch of continuous pimples. It was terrible, i kept applying the mask thinking it would help but it just made things worse. Honestly, I think I just overused the thing. I may use this as a deep exfoliation/pore cleanser like once a month, but my skin is just waay too sensitive to use this too often. Don't turn it down just because of one bad review though, my skin is sensitive to just about everything it turns out...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

This feels so good on my skin. It is like no other mask that I have ever tried. The sucking feeling feels so good on your face (at least to me) and when you wash it off your face is even red. Try it if you see it . I bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe for 7.99 which is a deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whenever my skin breaksout really bad I use this as a mask mixed with enough apple cider vinegar to make it into a paste. I leave it on for a few minutes and even though it doesn't get rid of my deep pimples, it does calm the rest of the surrounding skin around them. It gets rid of excess oil and shrinks pores. I have very sensitive skin and using this once in a while doesn't irritate my skin at all, but I'm sure if I used it more frequently it'd irritate it.

It's so inexpensive, you really can't lose trying it out. I would highly recommend using this mixed with apple cider vinegar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This stuff isn't bad.
Aztec Indian Healing Clay doesn't do a lot to foster a healthy pH for your face, it's quite alkaline, which skin doesn't like. An alkaline environment on the skin has been proven to accelerate aging, so I don't use this on a daily bais.
However, I do use it because it works like a dream to clean out the pores. It gets really tight on your face- REALLY tight. I like that. It clears out my blackheads. I use it when I have to and it does that job well.
It brings a brief redness to my face after use; I can really feel this clay mask increasing the circulation to the capillaries in the skin, which is good news.
Stinks to high heaven if you add apple cider vinegar to it, which I always do. I also add a couple drops of tea tree oil for additional benefits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

A little goes along way, you only need one tablespoon for your whole face! Good product! Works like magic

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by yankee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this mask. It can do amazing things, but it can also wreak havoc on your face. I use it mostly as a spot treatment when I have a stubborn zit that won't come to the surface. If I use it as a mask, I notice that it makes me have some breakouts. I would suggest that people take it very slowly with this mask! It is a good value at around $8.00 for a container that will last you the rest of your life. I had a blackhead for months that I would not go away, saw a dermatologist and used prescription medication for and nothing would work. I used this as a spot treatment twice and it finally came to the surface. I was thrilled...Wish I had known about it before I spent 20 bucks on a co-pay and 40 bucks for some Finacea from the Dermatologist. I prefer to use my Proactiv mask for usual mask maintenance but every now and then, this could be a life saver. Tread softly with this one, ladies! PS. I hate how everyone always raves about a product the first time they use it...give it some time to see if it's really all that, people. Just sayin'.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face mask. I have used others that are quite nice....but they don't even compare. I mostly use it with water, but when possible I use it with organic apple cider as the directions state. I love the way it makes my face pulsate and I can literally see my pores shinking. The price is awesome....I have been on the same jar for about 4-5 years. You can get it at natural health food stores. Btw, I have flawless skin.....in large part due to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by luckystar926

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing mask! Mixed with ACV as directed and left on for 20 minutes. Very difficult to remove. Left my very oily / acne prone / bumpy skin very smooth and virtually poreless. It did help tiny blackheads come to the surface which were easier to extract right after taking the mask off. Definitely follow with a good moisturizer, as it will leave the skin dry. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I have used this mask 3 times now and hardly made a dent in the huge jar - what a great value! The first time I used it I put a ton on and it took forever to try, but now I have a good formula down. I have been battling whiteheads for as long as I can remember, I've tried everything from acne treatments to natural products to gels and serums and toners and extracting and they always come back. I'm 26 years old and enough is enough - I just want clear skin! After the first time it seemed to make me break out but I just think that was all the 'bad stuff' coming up to the surface and finally getting out of my pores. It did leave some red spots that got kind of dry and flakey, but I think that was my skin finally healing itself of whatever has been causing my whiteheads for so long. I have to say I am very impressed with this product. I am using it once a week now for 3 weeks and all of a sudden, my whiteheads are GONE! My skin looks healthy and glowing, and I can rub my hand on my face and it feels smooth - no little bumps! It does dry me out a bit so I make sure to slather on a good moisturizer after I use it. Once I get over the red marks that the initial purging left, I think I'm going to be feeling good about my skin for the first time in a loooong time! I just hate getting it off - they best way I've found is to stand over the garbage can and rub/peel what I can off, then use a cloth with warm water to get the rest off. Well worth it for the results though!