October 31, 2014 | 1474 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This must be the only product that i have ever bought consistently for 2 years. I am usually an impatient shopper, chopping and changing for newer things. But this cleanser is a pleasure to use and the way it makes my skin look and feel is wonderful.
It is fiddly to use, very expensive and the packaging is basic. And yet it STILL deserves a 5 lipstick rating for the way it works for me.
I have oily blemish prone skin and was initially sceptical of the ingredients. Mineral oil, paraffin and things i try to avoid. But somehow it works which goes to prove that the 'mineral oil' scare is overrated.
Miss Lom, i salute you!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2003 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sepass2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product after constantly seeing it raved about it magazines. Unfortunately my skin did not seem so keen! It broke me out in lots of little spots on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the cleanser that I always come back to. I have dehydrated/acne prone/sensitive skin and I know that using this cleanser will not aggravate my skin or cause it to breakout. On the downside I also know that it doesn't improve it either and I have to rely on other products to do that.

Overall though it gives my skin a very thorough cleansing and you can get used to the smell, but with continued use it can be rather drying. I do love the whole Eve Lom cleansing process and now apply it to all other cleansers that I use. Using the muslin cloth as an exfoliant every day is perhaps the best regime I have encountered and I'm currently using it in conjuction with a Darphin product. The results are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by gaby99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept reading rave reviews about this when I was living in London, so had to try it. It seemed very expensive at the time, and I was unsure wether it would live up to the hype. IT DID!!! It is the most wonderful cleanser and like nothing else....removing it with the hot cloths is like having a facial. Since I have used it, I have NEVER had a pimple - honest! My pores are smaller and skin tone more even and radiant.

And despite the initial high price, a jar last ages and actually works out cheaper than a more complicated routine as you don't need a scrub or toner.

Also, it is great for all skin types - very good for blemished oily skin, my normal skin and my mom's dry, mature skin...my mum's hooked too!

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chaneladdict

Since using this cleanser my skin is the best it has ever been. I have or should I say had very bad sensitive combination skin with a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks. This has sorted out my oily and dry patches and I now have clear, glowy, normal skin. It did take a month or so sort out my skin the effects are not immediate

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

Didn't like it at all. All the rubbing and massaging irritated my skin. Also it didn't help with acne. Only thing I liked was the smell and the softness of skin. So it would probaly great for someone looking for softness. Update: I guess my skin was irritated to begin with that's why the cleanser didn't work at first. Since I have calmed down my routine this has been working great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 8:03:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I would not recommend this to anyone with even moderately oily skin, it is really for the drier skintypes. I began using this in December when I was experiencing lots of flaking and it did a great job of rebalancing my skin. I have already repurchased it, the container is somewhat small, I go through one every 5 weeks or so. The process is a little tedious, you have to do a lymphatic massage and use special muslin cloths, but I do not use this every single night so I do not mind. This does not lather at all, it is a thick and herbal smelling cream, so people who like a lot of sudsy action or scrubbing power may not feel this cleanses enough - even though it removes my makeup thoroughly. The fragrance is VERY strong and it hasn't irritated my skin, but people who are sensitive to that type of thing or picky about scents may want to take note. I subtracted a lipstick because of the packaging (a jar you have to keep dipping your hands into), the price ($$$$), and limited availability.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kristina_tii

my skin has never been better. i have been using this cleanser for a month now. no flakes!!!! and no dry spots anymore. big improvement. but i do need to moisture my skin after cleansing. fab cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by princessnectar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Eve Lom philosophy of an all-in-one cleansing cream, but this "simple" product was too much for my skin. After two weeks of use, I had the worst breakout since junior highschool. Fortunately I was able to sell it on Ebay and get back half of what I spent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ehau22

This cleanser made me break out in spots!! I was so disappointed after all the hype about it.. My skin use to be flawless (with a few dry patches and dehydration in some areas!) then i was recommended EveLom cleanser - now i'm trying to battle my spots! Any suggestions?!!