April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by stellapolaris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser and actually look forward to the ritual every night. My skin feels so clean after use and I wake up with a nice glow.

The mineral oil content scared me at first but has given me no problems. For new users I think it's smart to avoid using night cream a few nights and see how it goes. I personally find that i need a tiny amout of jurlique calendula cream for comfort.

I soak the cloth over night in a mild detergent and rinse and hang to dry in the morning. It only takes me a few seconds.

I purchased via the internet, which saved me $$$. I only need a small amount,so it's not quite as expensive as I thought.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Irain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really enjoyed using this product - the ritual, the comforting smell, the texture (a graininess that melts as you use it). I had been warned that it takes about four weeks of twice daily use to really work, and that one might experience a lttle breaking out in the intervening period. Well, after six weeks, my skin was in the worst state it has ever been in. The cleanser was stripping my skin without actually cleaning it, and opening up pores. So, intead of having reasonable skin with a few spots and small pores I had lots of spots with flaky dry skin and huge pores. It is however good for pedicures. If but are short of cash, try this recipe: Mix 2 heaped teaspoons icing sugar with 2 heaped teaspoons caster sugar. Add teaspoons of warm water until you achieve the desired consistency (less for an exfoliating cleanser, more for a mask). Add up to half a teaspoon of essential oils chosen according to your skin type. Blend thoroughly and use as Eve Lom cleanser, or as a mask. Mix on an as needed basis, as it may not store well unless you sterilise everything first.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Artistic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the nicest cleansers I have used. Very effective and really cleans your skin. My facialist even commented that my skin was very clean that last time I saw her.
Though this is about $65 plus tax, it's basically the only product you use and therefore is pretty economical.
The aromatic oils are quite pleasant and even though the cream is somewhat unguent; does immediately dissolve upon contact with your skin. As the girl at Barney's pointed out, you need oil to get rid of oil. I have an oily combo T zone and this has been doing a great job for me. I definitely am keeping this and buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2002 8:20:00 PM More reviews by slie

i fall in love with this cleanser, i wish it was cheaper though.
Great product, deep cleanse your skin without drying it out. And if you have oily skin, you don't even have to use moisturiser anymore(I think)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2002 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kiwinyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have read the reviews on Eve Lom Cleansing Cream with interest. I switched to it from Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel which was formally my favourite cleanser. I'd wanted to try the Eve Lom stuff but was put off by the price and the fact that my combo skin tended to get v. shiny during the day and I'd always been wary of using oily products on my skin. Anyway, after dipping my toe in by buying the sample set, I fell in LOVE with this cleanser and have used it ever since - about a year now. At one point trying to save money I switched to a similar type of but cheaper product it was considerably inferior and I chucked it after just a few days. Nothing gets mascara and makeup more thoroughly without feeling like it's stripping your skin, and the cleanser itself does not leave behind any residue. I gave up doing the full-on massage your face ages ago (can't be bothered) and don't use a freshly laundered cloth every time (change about every 3-4 days) and my skin has still never felt better or looked so clear. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the rest of her products - the rescue mask made my cheeks sting and the day cream makes my face itch - but the cleanser is fab!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2002 6:33:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAddie

Again, this is a lard-looking product which takes off all my makeup and dead cells. Its full of essential oils which makes cleansing such a pleasure. It leaves my skin really clean and glowy like a glycolic cleanser would do, only better and gentler.
The packaging is pathetic - at a price like this, it doesn't even come with a spatula.
After using it for two days, I decided to give it 5 lipsticks!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2002 10:39:00 PM More reviews by stekwong

I've used 2 jars of this before I got lazy and opt for other cleansers. If you have the patience and money (pretty pricey for a cleanser) go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2002 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Dublin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my all time favourite cleanser. I'll never use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2002 5:16:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

When I used this regularly and as directed my skin was totally transformed. My face looked almost unreal,fabulously smooth and luminous. But then I got lazy. This product is not for the lazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2002 6:34:00 AM More reviews by astraforever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AS far, it is the best cleanser I have ever used. It is a bit greasy, but after using the cloth your skin is clear and even radiant. I do not follow at all the massage technique and I used it to wash away my make up when I am in the shower in the evening: notwitstanding the above, which could make Ms. Eve Lom faint if she knew about it, results are excellent. I buy it from the UK and unfortunately it is a bit expensive...