September 17, 2014 | 1983 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2003 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sepass2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product after constantly seeing it raved about it magazines. Unfortunately my skin did not seem so keen! It broke me out in lots of little spots on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the cleanser that I always come back to. I have dehydrated/acne prone/sensitive skin and I know that using this cleanser will not aggravate my skin or cause it to breakout. On the downside I also know that it doesn't improve it either and I have to rely on other products to do that.

Overall though it gives my skin a very thorough cleansing and you can get used to the smell, but with continued use it can be rather drying. I do love the whole Eve Lom cleansing process and now apply it to all other cleansers that I use. Using the muslin cloth as an exfoliant every day is perhaps the best regime I have encountered and I'm currently using it in conjuction with a Darphin product. The results are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by gaby99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept reading rave reviews about this when I was living in London, so had to try it. It seemed very expensive at the time, and I was unsure wether it would live up to the hype. IT DID!!! It is the most wonderful cleanser and like nothing else....removing it with the hot cloths is like having a facial. Since I have used it, I have NEVER had a pimple - honest! My pores are smaller and skin tone more even and radiant.

And despite the initial high price, a jar last ages and actually works out cheaper than a more complicated routine as you don't need a scrub or toner.

Also, it is great for all skin types - very good for blemished oily skin, my normal skin and my mom's dry, mature skin...my mum's hooked too!

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chaneladdict

Since using this cleanser my skin is the best it has ever been. I have or should I say had very bad sensitive combination skin with a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks. This has sorted out my oily and dry patches and I now have clear, glowy, normal skin. It did take a month or so sort out my skin the effects are not immediate

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

Didn't like it at all. All the rubbing and massaging irritated my skin. Also it didn't help with acne. Only thing I liked was the smell and the softness of skin. So it would probaly great for someone looking for softness. Update: I guess my skin was irritated to begin with that's why the cleanser didn't work at first. Since I have calmed down my routine this has been working great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 8:03:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I would not recommend this to anyone with even moderately oily skin, it is really for the drier skintypes. I began using this in December when I was experiencing lots of flaking and it did a great job of rebalancing my skin. I have already repurchased it, the container is somewhat small, I go through one every 5 weeks or so. The process is a little tedious, you have to do a lymphatic massage and use special muslin cloths, but I do not use this every single night so I do not mind. This does not lather at all, it is a thick and herbal smelling cream, so people who like a lot of sudsy action or scrubbing power may not feel this cleanses enough - even though it removes my makeup thoroughly. The fragrance is VERY strong and it hasn't irritated my skin, but people who are sensitive to that type of thing or picky about scents may want to take note. I subtracted a lipstick because of the packaging (a jar you have to keep dipping your hands into), the price ($$$$), and limited availability.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kristina_tii

my skin has never been better. i have been using this cleanser for a month now. no flakes!!!! and no dry spots anymore. big improvement. but i do need to moisture my skin after cleansing. fab cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by princessnectar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Eve Lom philosophy of an all-in-one cleansing cream, but this "simple" product was too much for my skin. After two weeks of use, I had the worst breakout since junior highschool. Fortunately I was able to sell it on Ebay and get back half of what I spent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ehau22

This cleanser made me break out in spots!! I was so disappointed after all the hype about it.. My skin use to be flawless (with a few dry patches and dehydration in some areas!) then i was recommended EveLom cleanser - now i'm trying to battle my spots! Any suggestions?!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

12/6/10 Update: Try as I might I cannot stay away from this cleanser. I've tried every oil and balm and cream cleanser known to woman (well, almost), and many I love. But NOTHING compares to this. It's too pricey. But it is the only cleanser i truly look forward to using. And it's the only oil-based cleanser I've found that rinsese completely clean and leaves my skin clear, clog free and radiant. People focus on the mineral oil, and frankly, I'm not thrilled that's a major ingredient for the price. But I've used other products with mineral oil in them, and none of them perform like this. This product IS the real deal. Another reviewer wrote that if you love it you won't use anything else. You might, because of the price, but you won't WANT to and you won't love anything else like you love Eve Lom.

12/9/06 Update: I've now been using this cleanser for four years, and I just wanted to update my review so I can rave about it once again. This truly is my holy grail cleanser. It really works amazingly with my skin. I have VERY fair, sensitive skin that has gotten drier with age (I'm 38). Eve Lom truly helps keep my skin balanced and glowing. It amazes me how many compliments I've gotten on my skin since I've begun using this. I used to have very troubled skin, but that is thankfully no longer the case.

I also think my other products (like Retin-A) work SO much better because of this cleanser. It removes all traces of makeup, rinses amazingly clean and doesn't strip my skin. I've tried tons of cleansers and dozens of cleansing balms, creams and oils, and Eve Lom is unmatched in my opinion.

I've even stopped feeling guilty about the price. I've wasted so much money trying to find cheaper alternatives, and they just aren't out there for me. I look forward to cleansing my face every time I use this. I know a product is good for me when I find myself reaching for it all the time. Eve Lom cleansing cream is that product for me.

My second favorite cleansing balm is the In Fiore Lustra Balm, but it is different. Eve Lom is better for everyday use and makeup removal. I use the Lustra balm, which is also very lovely, much less often. The Lustra balm has ground up petals in it and is therefore very exfoliating, and I use it just as a supplement to my daily Eve Lom cleansing.

MY OLD REVIEW: I have been using Eve Lom Cleansng Cream for two months, and I love it. My skin used to be SO prone to flakes, and ever since I've started using the Eve Lom, I haven't had to battle flakes. I think maybe I overexfoliated before using the Eve Lom. Now I have the perfect amount of exfoliation using the Eve Lom with the muslin cloth. My skin is so much softer and smoother. And it doesn't get shiney in the day like it used to do. One of my co-workers commented on that the other day, and I realized it must be due to the Eve Lom. I wish it were cheaper, but I will repurchase it for sure again and again. I try to do the massage as directed every night, but sometimes I do a shorthand version of it. I use the Eve Lom Cleansing Cream only at night. This is the best cleanser I've ever used. 5-26-03 Update: I am still loving this cleanser. I got lazy for a few weeks and didn't use it regularly at night, and my skin was the worse for it. I went back to using it regularly at night, and my skin reflects that. This cleansing cream really works for me. It keep my skin clear and balanced. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. 1-15-06 Update: Okay, now I've been using this (although I take breaks because of the high price now and then)for nearly three years, and I've yet to find ANYTHING that compares. I'll try other cleansers, but I always have to go back to this because it keeps my skin in better condition than any other cleanser. I buy the 200ml big tub, and it lasts quite a while for me. I've tried the Boots knock-off and other cleansing balms, but I ALWAYS go back to this. Every other balm or cream cleanser I've tried seems to leave a film on my face. Not this. This washes so clean -- removing every bit of makeup without ever drying out my skin. And you don't even have any oily residue on the muslin cloth like most cream or balm cleansers leave. Eve Lom Cleansing Cream is a total holy grail. I'm still wishing it weren't so pricey, of course, but it's worth it for me. Nothing compares.