Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/11/2003 7:44:00 AM

The first few times I used this - I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Left my skin clean, clear and soft.
After a few weeks of continued use, I stopped noticing any change in my skin - and became somewhat uninspired.
Overall, this is an average cleanser - a little expensive considering Liz Earle and Spiezia (in the UK) do similar products with similar results much cheaper.

on 7/26/2003 3:26:00 AM

Did absolutely nothing for me. Got the starter kit but decided to use one and swap the rest of the products away as I've found my HGs. The instructions for the face massage are excellent and should be followed even with other cleansers on a weekly basis - makes the face feel wonderful after. The 10ml sample size came in a tub/pot - hard to scoop out with a spatula. The cleanser itself had a herbal odor which wasn't irritating, and it turned out to dry my skin out, especially after the hot water treatment with the muslin cloth. Too high maintenance. I prefer my Mirenesse liquefying cleanser.

on 7/3/2003 1:03:00 AM

I love this cleanser as it makes my skin feel so soft, smooth and clean - especially living in a hot and humid country. I don't normally do the full 7 massage steps but like that the cream allows you feel if there are any problem bumps or spots about to come up. I am also very impressed with the speed of delivery when ordering from Eve Lom directly.

on 6/23/2003 2:16:00 PM

I have been using this for years. If it works for you, you'll never use anything else. I have combination skin and sometimes I am dying to get home to slap the stuff on my face. It is the only product that removes every scrap of make-up and it stabilises any unbalanced skin conditions. You only use it at night, not in the morning and I only use it when I'm removing make-up which I don't wear every day, which makes it lasts a bit longer which is good as it costs a bomb.

I hate her other products, but this cleanser is something which pretty well every British beauty editor uses.

By the way, it looks like rather grainy schmaltz (chicken fat) and smells medicinal but you get used to it.

This must be the only product that i have ever bought consistently for 2 years. I am usually an impatient shopper, chopping and changing for newer things. But this cleanser is a pleasure to use and the way it makes my skin look and feel is wonderful.
It is fiddly to use, very expensive and the packaging is basic. And yet it STILL deserves a 5 lipstick rating for the way it works for me.
I have oily blemish prone skin and was initially sceptical of the ingredients. Mineral oil, paraffin and things i try to avoid. But somehow it works which goes to prove that the 'mineral oil' scare is overrated.
Miss Lom, i salute you!

on 5/18/2003 3:59:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product after constantly seeing it raved about it magazines. Unfortunately my skin did not seem so keen! It broke me out in lots of little spots on my cheeks.

on 5/18/2003 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is the cleanser that I always come back to. I have dehydrated/acne prone/sensitive skin and I know that using this cleanser will not aggravate my skin or cause it to breakout. On the downside I also know that it doesn't improve it either and I have to rely on other products to do that.

Overall though it gives my skin a very thorough cleansing and you can get used to the smell, but with continued use it can be rather drying. I do love the whole Eve Lom cleansing process and now apply it to all other cleansers that I use. Using the muslin cloth as an exfoliant every day is perhaps the best regime I have encountered and I'm currently using it in conjuction with a Darphin product. The results are great.

on 4/30/2003 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I kept reading rave reviews about this when I was living in London, so had to try it. It seemed very expensive at the time, and I was unsure wether it would live up to the hype. IT DID!!! It is the most wonderful cleanser and like nothing else....removing it with the hot cloths is like having a facial. Since I have used it, I have NEVER had a pimple - honest! My pores are smaller and skin tone more even and radiant.

And despite the initial high price, a jar last ages and actually works out cheaper than a more complicated routine as you don't need a scrub or toner.

Also, it is great for all skin types - very good for blemished oily skin, my normal skin and my mom's dry, mature skin...my mum's hooked too!

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

on 4/19/2003 2:10:00 PM

Since using this cleanser my skin is the best it has ever been. I have or should I say had very bad sensitive combination skin with a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks. This has sorted out my oily and dry patches and I now have clear, glowy, normal skin. It did take a month or so sort out my skin the effects are not immediate

on 4/3/2003 10:51:00 AM

Didn't like it at all. All the rubbing and massaging irritated my skin. Also it didn't help with acne. Only thing I liked was the smell and the softness of skin. So it would probaly great for someone looking for softness. Update: I guess my skin was irritated to begin with that's why the cleanser didn't work at first. Since I have calmed down my routine this has been working great.