Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 3/8/2012 11:51:00 AM

I used this before I moved onto the mositurizing version of mane n tail. I'm not sure if it was because my hair was fried, but using this shampoo and the matching conditioner made my hair feel worse. It's a shame because everyone raves about using this to make your hair grow out, and thats what I'm trying to do.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

deffinately makes your hair grow faster. I like this shampoo and conditioner a lot.

on 2/18/2012 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!! i haven been dyeing my hair blonde for at least 9 years it was like straw so i finally started using main n tail shampoo n conditioner it done wonders on my hair, i dyed my hair brown a few months ago just for a change..kept using this stuff and my hair is so soft silky and bouncy after this, as it repaired my ends i noticed hair growth to :D... i have bee using this for at least two years now and i will never use a different shampoo or conditioner again

on 2/11/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So i finally got this product after hearing all about it. I LOVE it. i have long hair and it's pretty thick. i've noticed that i don't have as many split ends and it's a lot softer! one negitive about it, is im VERY big on smell, i love smells. but this stuff i don't like the smell of it. it just doesn't smell like anything reallly, it's a bland smell or something that just doesn't smell very good. but hey, it's made for horses, why would they care?! but it gets the job done and it works very well!! i love it. but to make up for the smell i put in like frizz ease stuff or something like that so my hair has a smell, or a good smell to it. not like it leaves it smelling bad, it just isn't a smell. but like i said, i LOVE it and i'm definitely gonna get it again :)

on 2/10/2012 12:57:00 AM

this is a great shampoo. it smells light and fresh, deeply cleanses, and doesn't make my hair dry. it leaves my hair shiny, soft, and with no split ends ! it is a very gentle product. sadly, my hair gets immune to the goodness after about 4~5 months and i have to start looking for another equally amazing shampoo to get the same results as mane 'n tail shampoo left me with. sigh. however, it has a lot of product for about $5~$8, and you can buy it at about any walmart, cvs, walgreens, and even grocery stores !

on 2/1/2012 3:47:00 PM

I remember my mom using this on me when I was a child, so I decided to try it again. I got big bottles of both the regular shampoo and conditioner at my local grocery store for $5 each. For the size, I think it's a great price and you might even be able to find it cheaper at Sally's, etc.
The shampoo and conditioner leave my hair feeling soft and healthy. The scent in the shower is fine, but I do notice that when I get out my hair has a smelly poo odor until I blow-dry it. So much so that the first time I used it, I looked around for the smelly mess I thought my cat had made, but to my surprise it was my hair. It's not a big deal to me, since I always blow-dry. But, it is quite odd.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use mane and tail when I really want to grow out my hair, so far it has been working well with my hair. I have medium length and dark hair, when I first started using it, it did dry out my hair but I go every week or so using a combination of other shampoos. I find that the shampoo cleans my hair so well that it takes out all the natural oils from my hair. That's why I'd recommend switching it up between shampoos every so often. Other than the drying out part this product is great for hair growth. Before I was using this my hair fallouts was really bad, but once I started using this again I see less hair falling out in the shower.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

okay so i haven't actually used this product yet. i actually just bought it today. My boyfriends sister has really similar hair to mine, long and thick. i have noticed that she had cut it several months ago and it has grown back really fast. when i asked her what she used she told me to try mane n tail. i went on this site and read the reviews and then decided to buy it. the shampoo and conditioner cost as much as one bottle oh joico shampoo on sale. I have not used it but plan on using tomorrow night. my hair is already long but i want it longer and thats why i bought this! from reading these reviews I'm assuming that its all about the texture of your hair and the thickness. i'll update after i try it but i am excited!

on 1/14/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

In 2009 I cut my hair to just above my bust and I HATED it. I searched everywhere I watched YouTube and found some gurus talking about the mane and tail products. I was desperate so I bought the the shampoo and conditoner. While I was using it didn't notice any difference. My hair did feel dry though. Anyway a year went by, just recently saw some photos from my 2009 Christmas work party and omg that's when I realised how FREAKING AMAZING this product worked! I couldn't believe it. In 9 months my hair had grown from just above my bust to 4 inches below my bust.

I was also using red ken extreme anti snap leave in conditioner that I looooove!

on 1/10/2012 2:47:00 PM

I bought this to use on my horse because of how cheap it was for a horse shampoo , one day while I was at the barn my friend and I decided to shower (not naked ) in the wash rack because it was extremely hot and we have been messing around out there all day. We used Mane n' Tale and on us and the horses at the same time. It was fantastic but I never really used it more than once or twice so I can't give a great review except for the fact that it works really well on my horse!