April 17, 2014 | 1864 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had really high hopes for this shampoo. I am growing my hair long, and this product got so many good reviews for people growing their hair that I had to try it, along with its conditioner. To me, it's really nothing special. My hair looks dull, and I have a TON of split ends- I hardly ever have split ends and now basically my entire head of hair has them. UGH. I also feel like this leaves some build-up on my hair. Also, I used to be able to go for around 3 days without washing my hair, and now 2 days is really a stretch. I know there's got to be a great drugstore hair care system- I just need to find it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by meremor

I bought this product because I've been desperately trying to grow my hair out from just around my shoulders to past my bra strap for almost a year now and was told that this shampoo/conditioner would make it grow faster.

I haven't noticed any faster growth (though I didn't really expect that), but also, my hair is somehow greasy and dry at the ends at the same time. It feels like it's stripping my hair when I rinse it out, but my fine-textured hair falls flat when I blow dry it after using this shampoo and conditioner.

I'm sad that it comes in such a huge bottle - I feel bad throwing it out, but I also hate it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by vgrantham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for a couple of months until one day co-workers asked me what was in my hair. Apparently, the shampoo/conditioner had caused build-up and then started flaking off (looked like dried glue, sheets of white junk) my hair and scalp. I was mortified! After having gloriously beautiful hair for the few months before this incident, I stopped using this product all together. A clarifying shampoo cleared up all the buildup in the end.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Kikicat13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WARNING!!!
For me, this DESTROYED my hair!...it made it so dry that my originally sleek think shiny hair became like...a squiggly line on a peice of paper. I can feel the twists and rough breakage when I run my hands through my hair and I've developed a bad habit of pulling hair out because it just destroyed my hair....considering shaving my head and wearing wigs...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the better one out of the two (conditioner vs. shampoo). It definitely cleans and conditions your hair, but then when I put the conditioner on the silkiness goes away. I wish it came in a smaller bottle, its kind of bulky in the shower. This definitely gives your a hair a bunch of volume, if that's what your looking for, but that is not on my top priority. Mane 'n Tail beats Pantene by far, too, but I'm switching to something else after the rest of the bottle is used. ^_^

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair and leave it feeling stringy. I feel like I have to use a lot of it to get it to lather, though. I would not use this shampoo alone. I definitely need a conditioner. I also find that I need to wash my hair every day, as my scalp is greasy by day 2.

I probably won't buy again, as I am always trying out new shampoos and this was nothing special imo.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by JennaDearest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this product and used it for three weeks before chucking it into the trash.

I have medium-thick hair that falls a bit past my shoulders and was hoping this shampoo would just provide a bit of moisture, not anything miraculous.

It caused me to break out along my hairline (I NEVER break out) and it dried out my ends so badly yet left my scalp feeling heavy with build-up.

My usual ultra-moisturizing conditioner could not save my hair from how stringy and tangled it felt after I shampooed.

Sure it was dirt cheap, the smell was very faint and didn't bother me. I assume the scent was so light because heavy perfumes cannot be good for an animal's coat.

It was a great value but for what it did to my hair, I would NEVER buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by iSAMMiEx3

I was skeptical at first due to the fact it says horse shampoo and it has a picture of a horse on it, and also the fact that it's located in the pet section. When I bought the product the cashier looked at me like I was crazy or if I had a horse or something, but it's all good now since I really LOVE this product. It washes out all the product at put in my hair, and leave it squeaky clean. Also it's really cheap for a big bottle, and on top of that I use it on my dog since he had shedding problem and now he doesn't anymore .. I don't know if it makes your hair grow any faster, but I must say I will keep using this product and stop wasting my time and money to buy high end products!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's ok but just a shampoo to me. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This gets my hair clean, and it is a bit drying, but using the conditioner afterward solves that. My hair never gets greasy when I use this. It doesn't have a bad scent, although it's not great either. The bottles are also kind of inconvenient, but I can live with that considering how much product comes in each bottle!

This is a great shampoo for me, because usually other shampoos don't help my hair from getting greasy, or they're too drying. This, however, is the perfect basic shampoo - it gets the job done, unlike other shampoos that look pretty in the bottle and smell heavenly, but do nothing for my hair!

My hair also feels stronger, and I can only attribute that to using this and conditioner, because they're the only products I use in my hair any more (besides my epsom salt styling spray.)