September 18, 2014 | 1032 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by chevygirl1178

This product made my hair nice and soft the first few uses but after that it seemed to coat it with something and really weighed it down. it felt dry and unmanageable. i did not like it and i ended up returning it. I have naturally curly hair so its dry and it didn't help at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dried out my hair and made it smell foul. Enough said.

Edit: i rebought desperately trying to get my hair back to its original thickness and now it works beautifully!!! Makes my hair soft as hell and makes it volumized!!! and it was another hair product making my hair stinky!
Just a fair warning, constant use will dry out your hair, but a deep conditioner will fix that,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish MUA had a 'maybe' answer for purchasing an item again. I wasn't too impressed with this shampoo, but it didn't ruin my hair or anything. I found it to be quite boring...just basic shampoo. Some of the reviews made it seem like it was a miracle shampoo & I found it to be rather mediocre. The smell was light & fresh but didn't stick to my hair. It lathered fairly well & rinsed pretty clean. I needed to condition every time, though, because I found the shampoo to be a tad drying. I do colour my hair with semi-perm colour about once a month, but the condition of my hair is pretty good. This product was just okay for me. It's affordable & I scored this as 'buy one get one free' at Sally's. The bottles are HUGE and will last you quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I have this "problem" where I never buy the same shampoo twice. I just find it so exciting and fun to try out new shampoos.
I've never repeated the same shampoo twice until Mane N Tail.

I tried it when I was in high school after hearing so many good things about it. Back then I hadn't dyed it and my hair was thick and healthy. Mane N Tail made my hair even stronger.

Recently I decided to get my hair dyed, but the salon lady f***ed up and gave me blonde hair when I asked for dark brown. So, a week later she re-dyed my hair to a brown color... then when my roots grew out, I dyed my hair back to my original black color.
All this dying has made my hair thinner than it's ever been before in my life.

Then I remembered Mane N Tail and how awesome it was so I repurchased from London Drugs... DEFINATELY MY HG SHAMPOO.
I think I'm gonna stick to Mane N Tail now, no more promiscuous shampoo-buying.

Another reason why I love this shampoo.. though kind of a weird reason, is because I can use it on my dog, too. It leaves a light scent on his fur and works just as fine as dog shampoo, which is expensive.

I LOVE MANE N TAIL!!

Edit: I've been using this shampoo on my dog for a while and it's made his fur sooooooooooo sofffftttt

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by danishfilipina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's the thing: It definitely works. It does what it's supposed to do. It makes your hair thick, and with time, you definitely can notice a significant change in length as well!

I only use it a few times a month because it leaves my hair weighed down even if I only use the smallest amount. That's the only problem I have with it, yet the thickness in the product is probably a big part in how the shampoo works. If it was thinner then it probably wouldn't do much for my hair, so it's fine with me.

I like it and am very satisfied with the products results, I just wish it was more everyday-friendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hbelle21

Oh how I was dying to be saved by this shampoo and conditioner combo...I read all the rave reviews on here and ran to sallys. I have never ever hated a line of products more. After a bad hair dying experience my once healthy hair is dead, and this made it so much worse. My hair that was never frizzy despite the damage is now disgusting. So so dry, stripped, horrendous. I am so disappointed. My hair has zero life, shine, or manageability. Returning this the second I get a chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by chelssspu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS STUFF!
My Hair: I have thin dark hair. Naturally curly, generally loose ringlets. Always dry, hardly ever grows. I blow dry and straighten my hair daily. Dye it monthly. I had it cut with dramatic short layers and long layers underneath (The typical emo cut. Yes, I regret it) My thin long layer got really damaged and started to break off, I ended up cutting it all to shoulder length. Iím trying to grow it out again!
My Story: I was on a hair growing mission! I discovered Prenatals, Biotin, B Complex, Gelatin, MSM, Fish Oil, I eat two egg daily, Down Jello like thereís no tomorrow, but that wasnít enough. I read about Mane Ďn Tail, marched over to the WalMart pet section, and bought the Conditioner right away. Iíve always assumed all shampoos were the same, and only splurged on nice Conditioners, so I didnít feel necessary to but the shampoo as well. I was impressed, I didnít notice growth, but it made my hair really soft. I used it for over a month alone and realized it didnít fully do what people claimed. My ends were still split. My dry hair still generally frizzy before straightening. Wanting so much for Mane Ďn Tail to be the answer, I went in what I thought would be a naÔve hope to buy the shampoo. The results of them together are AMAZING! My hair is shiny, looks and feels healthy, I cannot see my split ends, and my scalp loves the clean it gives! Itís only been a week with both, but with the repairing of my ends, it already looks longer. Iíll update for actual growth!
How I use: I noticed people were complaining about it greasiness and weighing the hair down, I thought Iíd share how I use the product. Maybe itíd make a difference. I first bush my hair for a bit to loosen and dirt around my scalp and spread the natural oils through my hair. In the shower I take a little of the shampoo and lather/massage it into just my scalp (it will run through the ends as you rinse without stripping them) I then LEAVE IT IN for a minute or two. After I rinse, I follow with the Conditioner. You just need a bit. Itís concentrated so if you add some water to your hair it should spread nicely. Rub it into the scalp. I tie it up and leave it in for a few minutes as I wash my body and shave. Rinse, and go as you normally would. Works wonders for my hair type. Hopefully yours too! :)

EDIT- I don't use this any more. After a while my hair was just weird and brittle (this is with the conditioner.) I'm using a natural avalon rosemary shampoo now and the tresemme anti breakage conditioner. Much happier hair, scalp, and more growth. This only works for like a month at most then it screws up your PH balance or something. I don't know if the ones for humans only work better but this stuff sucks. And if wasn't from excessive protein. The tresemme conditioner is loaded with keratin. no problems. :/

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by pakiaish

So after reading the great reviews on this product I decided to try it out, and like most of the girls on here I have tried all the expensive salon stuff, like Paul Mitchell, the Loreal Sulfate free system, everything and whatever I use makes my hair look dull flat and no volume at all. So on my first use of this i noticed my hair was bouncy alive and l def. noticed a significant difference in volume. it makes your hair shiny voluminous, and you can go an extra day without showering it is that cleansing and fantastic. I would definitley recommend it to those girls who have had problems in finding the right shampoo. This is your miracle fix girls! the only con about this shampoo is it does enhance your waves/ curls if you have them, i have wavy hair and it seemed to be more wavy but shiny pretty wavy. I think using a straightening serum would fix that problem. Def. a winning product! Must try. and Oh did i mention a huge bottle is only 6$! the same thing would cost u 30$ at paul Mitchell. Try it out!

Edit - So I have been reading about a lot of people complaining about it drying out your hair - it does do this! but after letting it air dry and kinda settle on your hair you WILL see the shine and softness dont let initial results disappoint you and try washing your hair at night and then seeing the results in the morning

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by jennagrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Leaves my hair super soft and shiny. I get in the shower, wash my bangs only with clarifying shampoo, rinse, then use this all over(I like my sideswept bangs to have no oil so they stay them to the side.) Also, it made my hair look thicker and it made it grow faster because my hair naturally grows really slow. Great price at $7 for a liter bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

over all this is a good product. after using it my hair is much shinier and stronger. i like how i dont lose too much hair while using this product. it doesnt feel like a regular shampoo because it has less form. a famous hair stylist from Taiwan says that human should not use animal shampoo because human and animals have different PH level requirement for the skin. I know they had change the formula but it still bothers me :s
ONE QUESTION, IS IT JUST ME OR IS THERE ANYONE NOTICE A INCREASING AMOUNT OF WHITE OIL BALLS ON THE SCALP?