Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this product for about 3 months, and I have seen no difference in my hair. In the first month or so, the product was working well. After a while I realized the product was making my hair VERY greasy. I recommend using this product for a month and then switch of with another shampoo every other month. This product was originally ment for horses, so it causes alot of build up.

on 1/2/2012 12:08:00 AM

I LOVE MANE n TAIL, MUST use the conditioner along with the shampoo and USE AS DIRECTED to see any type of results. Makes hair soft, the only thing they could do to improve this product is add afloral scent or somthing that smells a little better.
would repurchase.

on 12/27/2011 8:40:00 AM

AVOID! I bought this on the hype created by various magazines and now use ut for shampooing my dogs, which is what it's meant for. Dried out my highlighted hair appaulingly....not a good shampoo. It's an animal product and really isn't formulated for human hair ...

on 12/23/2011 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I literally hate this line of shampoos and conditioners. My hair always, ALWAYS feels insanely dry and i cannot even get a brush through after i use it. My sister has it, thats why i use it when i visit, she has fine, oily, curly hair and she likes it. I have long, mid back, thick hair which tends to get dry.
So, perhaps if you have oily fine hair it will work for you. Otherwise, thumbs wayyyy down.

on 12/18/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have very long, oily, fine hair. My hair tangles easily, and shampoo tends to make that worse. I have to wash my hair everyday due to having a very oily scalp. I had tried many different kinds of shampoo in the past, and all of them tangled my hair. Mane & Tail is the only shampoo I have found that leaves my hair tangle-free and moisturized without conditioner (conditioner weighs my fine hair down). I use it exclusively now, and have no plans to switch. Definite repurchase!

on 11/30/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have to say I wasnt expecting any miracle work when I bought this. I originally bought this without the condidtioner and I noticed nothing special in my hair besides there might be a little less breakage, but after I paired it with the condiditoner my hair felt and looked amazing! I have very curly color treated and damaged hair (from straightening it every day) if you have hair like me and you are expecting growing results by straightening every day still, you need a reality check, I began leaving my hair curly everyday and when I finally left it curly for a whole month (with the exception from straightening it twice) i noticed my hair had grown a whopping inch (which is amazing for me, my hair had only grown an inch in 5 months previously) , I believe its from the shampoo as well as the condidtioner, but I cant be sure. But paired together it makes my hair thicker, and silkier. I love these products.

on 11/27/2011 12:40:00 PM

My friend recently gave bottles of Mane 'N Tail shampoo and conditioner as I had mentioned that my hair has been growing terribly slow. I've been using this product for about 2 months now and have already noticed a significant difference in my hairs health. I have thick, wavy hair that almost over-produces oils for my hair as I mistreat it so much. I straighten, blow dry and spray my hair all the time, so it gets a lot of hell from me. Mane 'N Tail has already made my hair stronger, shinier and it definitely feels more lush. It does dry your hair out a lot unless you use really good conditioner. The Mane 'N Tail conditioner does fight the drying effect but I also find that if you want to save some money, pairing it with Tresemmes deep moisturizing conditioner works wonderfully. My hair has sped up in growth (I can honestly say that) as I just dyed my hair a week ago and can already see some roots. However, if you have fine/thin hair, I do not recommend this product for you. It can dry out your hair out and makes it have the same feeling as if you had just bleached your hair (just without all the hairs breaking off and splitting).

on 11/24/2011 3:50:00 AM

The product did not leave me with any dryness, greasiness, or irritation, however, it did not grow hair like the label claims. This was an ok shampoo, but I do not plan or purchasing again.

on 11/23/2011 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Gimmicky and fairly unremarkable, there are cheaper and better shampoos out there and this eventually caused a bit of build up for me. Take it or leave it!

on 11/21/2011 1:18:00 PM

I've been using this shampoo on & off now for about 4 years. I really like the way it makes my hair look and feel after i get out of the shower and straighten my hair. It instantly adds softness and shine to your hair, that's a given. The packaging is great, you get a lot of product for your money & it lasts a long time. Over time, it does help hair grow & it also strengthens hair. I do think this shampoo works better on thicker & curly/coarse hair. The reason I say that is because it can become overly oily. I have very thick and curly hair, so for me, my hair type can handle this shampoo without my hair looking oily and greasy. But, I could also imagine how it would work on someone with very thin or fine hair. It would probably look too greasy and weigh that hair type down. That's why you see so many mixed reviews on this product, you have to have a certain hair type for this to work the right way. I always straighten my hair, so this shampoo also helps cut down straightening time. It also helps my hair to stay straight and it adds incredible shine. But with that being said, this is not the everyday shampoo. I would not reccommend you use this everyday as a routine. This is the type of shampoo that you use like for 2-3 showers in a row, then stop using it for 1-3 months, then go back to it and repeat every once in a while. This shampoo will cause lots of buildup and residue if you use it every single day in a row. You have to remember, this shampoo was meant for horses originally, and it will eventually cause any hair type to become overly dry and straw like after a while. Think of horse hair.