Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Well I didn't try this to make my hair grow.. But I just wanted to try it to see if it would work for me.. It's real cheap the only pro I have so far.. I don't know it didn't I guess "work" for me.. I'm not sure if it's because I dye my hair and right after used it (shampoo and conditioner) but my hair I guess felt soft but my extremely curly hair was knotted and felt matted... I tried it again and it was a tad bit better. It does give it a good shine! But I found that even though I do a twist out my hair shows my natural hair patten with the twist out.. I don't about this product I'm going to see if this changes and I'm going to finish the whole bottle and mostly likely go back to my old regimen..

I have been struggling with my hair forever! I have fine, wavy/curly hair...can't use products too heavy, yet need moisture for curls! it's curlier on the bottom than on the top, too. I have always used professional products, but can never find the right one or combo...this stuff is amazing! makes it shiny, full of body and soft, but not weighed down! Got it at CVS for bogo deal...so much cheaper than professional ones, too! Finally...I found something that I like!

oh my gosh where do i start on this product. IT IS AMAZING. let me fill you in on my hair type. im a brunnette, my hair is usually dry, naturally straight/wavy, i straighten it to get rid of frizz so it has split ends,my hair gets greasy pretty easily, and my hair is super thin and fine. so when i heard mane n tail could make your hair grow faster, and thicker, i just had to try it! my mom went to kroger and got me the shampoo and i used it right when she brought it home. my hair became sooooo dry and horrible, i lost hope. then i read that you need the conditioner to make it all work. so i got the conditioner and started using them together and my hair is soooo amazing now. I followed the directions and used how much they said, making sure to rub my scalp really good! i never ever used conditioner on the top of my scalp because it made my hair greasy, but i tried with the mane n tail and it didnt make my hair greasy at all, i leave it in for like 2 min and its SO SOFT. ultimately it made my hair really soft and shiny, thicker and more manageable, and fixed split ends. my hair also doesnt get greasy anymore. so if you have the same type of hair problems as me i suggest you use it, you wont regret it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Boo! I bought this when I had hair loss-nothing hardcore, but enough to worry me as my hair is very fine & thin due to some medication, which I had stopped immediately once I realized what was going on and my doc recommended this. Plus I was intrigued after seeing some online reviews & videos touting the wonders of this shampoo.

Hair loss recovery-I don't know for sure, bc I had stopped the medication.
But overall I found it to be quite drying & I have an oily scalp & drier ends from color.Not a whole lot of lather.

I'm going to be one of the naysayers, but I do know a lot of people love this stuff. So, for the price, it is worth a try & the bottles are huge. If you love it more power to you & if you don't, it is also a great pet shampoo.

I've been researching about the Mane 'n' Tail shampoo and conditioner for a few months now and I've heard a lot of good reviews and a few bad ones. I went to Sally's today and got both the 12oz shampoo and conditioner for $3.99 total. I was pretty pleased with the price. What stopped me from buying it sooner was because of the bad reviews I read. People said that when they used the shampoo it really dried out their hair and did not make their hair grow at all. But I still saw more good ones than bad so I went out and bought it. I just washed my hair with both the shampoo ans conditioner and holy cow I'm in love with it! The only thing I didn't like about it was that it did make my hair feel dry when I got out of the shower but when I let it air dry, it got really soft. Today is my first time using it and so far I'm lovin it! My hair length right now is about 2, 2/12 inches below my boobs. I know people are gonna say that my hair is already long and stuff but im about to cut it soon because I have a lot of split ends. Imma take a picture of it and wait for another 4 month or so and take another to see how much my hair will really grow. And I also heard that it repairs split ends so I'm really hoping for that. But another thing I don't like about it is the smell. It smells like a hotel shampoo but that's something I can deal with. I'm
really excited to use it more and I would totally recommend it :)

I bought this product after hearing so many great things about it and so far I am
impressed! I've only had this for about 2 1/2 weeks and my hair has grown so much! My hair grows pretty fast on its own but with this it makes it grow even faster. Love it! It was also very cheap at Sally's. I got both the shampoo and conditioner 12 oz for $4! I'm definitely going to purchase the big bottles when I run out of my small ones.

UPDATE: smell is okay once you get used to it. But dried my hair out really badly. Won't be repurchasing as stated above. It's good at first but don't like towards end of bottle. I'm almost done with the shampoo and I have half bottle filled for conditioner since I used deep conditioning in place of the matching mane n tail conditioner.

After reading excellent reviews I decided to go out and buy the shampoo and conditioner. I can honestly say I'm extremely pleased with the results so far. Today was my first time using it and I can already feel the difference. My hair has virtually no frizz now and it feels amazing. I paid $17.99 for both bottles; a little expensive for me, but it was completely worth it. I also read/heard that the smell wasn't too great but in my opinion it smelled really good. I was skeptical at first but now I doubt I'll be using any other shampoos and conditioners. Great stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did wounders for my hair! I love it. Very cheap too, you can get it for $5 at Walmart. I have fine hair and before i started using this i used Redkin blond glam and Redkin body full. I never really realized how horrible my hair was before i started using Mane 'n Tail shampoo/conditioner, but now it's really long and shiney.

I use Redkin satinwear before i blowdry my hair and thats made a big difference too, but mid-day my hair starts to get greasy and limp. Im thinking about trying Bumble and Bumble tonic lotion insted of Redkin satinwear, and just see what happends, i've heard great reviews about it.

Anyway, Mane 'n Tail works for all hair types and you will love it. Enjoy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought a travel size of this shampoo to try it out before I committed to the ginormous bottles. I was pretty hesitant to try it, honestly. However, I love this stuff. I have fine wavy hair, but I have a lot of it. I've been growing it out for awhile (and I know this is supposed to 'help hair grow', but I don't buy into that whole concept to be honest) and I just need something to help it look nice and manageable during the awkward stages so that I don't go into a frenzy and shave my head. I used this the other day and mixed a little bit of castor oil into it. I followed with the Mane n Tail super deep conditioner. My hair didn't feel super awesome in the shower or anything, but once it dried it felt AMAZING - super soft and bouncy. Parts of it dried into little ringlets which made me pretty happy. The next day it still felt clean and bouncy. I've used it a couple of times since and with the same results. Overall, I love this stuff so far and will probably buy a larger bottle.

Update
EESH! My bad. I knew I should have waited before reviewing this stuff. I used it last Friday, slept at a friend's house, and woke up with the driest, frizziest hair I have ever seen. It felt how my hair used to when I would blow dry & flat iron on a regular basis (almost 7 years ago). This never happens to me, ESPECIALLY with second day hair. I slathered the offended ends in olive oil and went on with my life. I'm glad I only bought the travel size bottles. I honestly don't know if I'd recommend this. I might use it once in awhile to clarify or something, but I kind of doubt it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was deciding whether to buy this product a few weeks ago, but two week ago thursday, I decided I would, after reading some really great comments, but there was just as meny good as bad, so I was like "what the heck?" and I loved it the first night trying it, but knew one try of the shampoo isn't good for a review, so I waited till today, and man, my friends are already saying my hair's grown, can you believe it? it hasn't even been that many days, about a week and a half .. and its silky and shiny, the first three days my hair was kind of dry and like the shampoo took too much of my natural shine, but then after 3 more days it was fine, I think the reason it gets dry for the first few days is because it's trying to get used to it. But my hair is more managable and gets less tangled and its really shiny and soft. I have layered hair to my shoulders and bangs. I recommended this totally. Also note, I didn't get the conditioner, and haven't used any conditioners since I bought this product, and my hairs fine, so maybe if you mix it with conditioners from other products, it might not weok as well, but if you got both this product and the conditioner, maybe stop using the conditioner and see what happens (wait a week after taking away the conditioner to judge).

Hope I helped. Also, fashion magazines are recomending this product, I was thinking about getting it, but then i saw in a magazine that they are recomending it, so thats what made me buy it.