July 23, 2014 | 1942 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this for two years or so and was never really happy with it. It stripped my hair, made my scalp dry and flakey and left my hair tangled. The smell isn't nice either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Wow who cares about packaging quality or what the bottle looks like. So I purchased a bottle of this stuff because according to hair gurus, itís supposed to be awesome. I am not going to lieÖ it really is awesome! I recommend using the conditioner after to get full benefits. Ahhhhh I love this stuff!!!! I have thick, coarse, long wavy/straight hair and I have tried EVERYTHING! This is so cheap and wonderful. I have used Redkin,Matrix,Paul Mitchell,Garnier,Pantene,Aussie..to name a few. My hair is also a lot shinier and people now come up to me and compliment me on my hair.

This is so cheap and sooo wonderful. I can't believe how good these products are after I have used just about everything. These products are proof that everything doesn't have to be expensive......Also for those that say this is really drying. it can be but I use a small amount of shampoo and massage it only on my scalp then rinse,the rest of your hair will get clean by the suds sliding down with addition to running your fingers through your hair to assist with the cleansing,WITHOUT completely drying out your hair. I don't sud up all of my hair. I use a small amount or just enough to make lather on the scalp. I'm guessing some maybe used a lot and that how a few might have a bad experience mean this is strong enough to cleanse a horse so that tells you this is a high cleansing shampoo,only use a small amount!!!My scalp feels so clean and refreshed as if it got rid of the little bit of buildup I was starting to accumulate. I'm sure does assist with hair growth with the nice cleansing feeling you get while massaging this on your scalp. I have not used it that long to know about that yet but I can see it helping with hair growth. It feels so fresh and clean and no more itchy scalp like my follicles are unclogged to make my hair grow more effectively.I kinda load up on the conditioner and comb through.I have never used this shampoo without the conditioner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I use this shampoo.
I also ride horses (Hunter/Jumpers) and this is the shampoo/conditioner duo we use on them. This stuff is formulated for washing horses, apply to wet horse, scrub, wait a few min then rinse. When your washing a horse the only parts most people condition are the mane and tail. Conditioner can make the saddle slip around, and can make some horses very itchy.

Because of this fact, the shampoos we use on them need to not strip all moisture from their skin and hopefully moisturize as well as clean.

Now, I love this shampoo. It cleans really well when you follow the directions and let it sit on your head for a few min. I have a lot of very fine wavy brunette hair and this shampoo leaves my hair soft and full of body. I do use the conditioner every time, but I only apply it to my hair from the ears down. Any higher and I look like a grease ball.

The conditioner is formulated for horse's MANES and TAILS. They have SUPER THICK hair compaired to human hair, so the conditioner can be overwhelming if you use to much of it. I really love the smell too. Maybe its because it reminds me of horses but I like it just the same.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by shunjun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! Makes my hair so shiny and softer (and I have thick dark hair). Plus the smell reminds me of guavas... so yummy..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have super coarse, thick, wavy/curly hair that has been recently ravaged by a totally out of control thyroid. It is dry, it is straw-like, much of my curl is gone and, most dastardly, I've lost about 1/3 of the hair on my head rendering my uber-thick hair merely thick. Since I'm used to having very large, kind of out of control hair--which I very much like--the thinning and resultant lack of volume has been completely weird for me, however I cannot use any volumizing shampoos for reclamation, since it's also so dry. Catch 22. On a lark, I decided to try this, despite my hair being fairly protein sensitive (some it likes well enough if sparingly, others yield a cloudlike mass of frizz), and despite its containing a sulfate (which I generally avoid) because I'd heard so many good things about its volumizing *gentleness*. Note: I've not used the shampoo without the condish, and I only shampoo my hair about once a week. I would liken this to a clarifying shampoo. It cleans *very* thoroughly, and leaves my wet hair feeling somewhat stripped. I'm ok with this, since I shampoo so infrequently, and I may just extend the period between shampoos even more to compensate. The shampoo itself is extremely thick, so I don't know if there's some sort of batch inconsistency at play between the bottle I have, and the bottles of people reviewing it as thin. It also produces a huge lather, but you have to add some extra water--I usually massage into my scalp, then stick my head under the shower quickly and continue massaging scalp, and it produces copious foam. It seems quite concentrated. The smell is wonderful: just a light, clean fresh scent that does not linger in hair beyond making it smell "clean". Overall, I like that this shampoo is so cheap ($6USD for a liter bottle?!), I can double-duty and use it on my dog if necessary, it cleans well enough that I can shampoo less frequently and, when used with the condish, does not exacerbate my hair's current straw-like state--quite the opposite, really, but I think that's for the condish review. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I was so excited to see this at CVS for buy one get one free so I got both for $7.49! This made my hair very soft and shiny. I've been wanting to try this for awhile, and I'm glad I did. The smell is not fruity or flowery so if that's what you like, you're out of luck. It mainly smells fresh to me, it's not overwhelming. Will def keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's nice, it gets the job done. It doesn't create the miracle I was expecting from the rave reviews, but it smells nice and you get a lot for a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the extra-moisturizing shampoo, along with the matching conditioner, at Sallys several weeks ago when they had a BOGO sale. I must say, I was skeptical of a five-dollar bottle of shampoo (my boyfriend naturally made fun of my "horse shampoo" when he saw it in the shower), but I was pleasantly surprised by the results! My hair is shinier, softer, full of body, super manageable, and I swear it is growing faster...but that might just be in my head ;) I can even skip an extra day between washings without looking like a complete greaseball! I am loving the shamp/cond combo, and would gladly repurchase, so long as the results stay like this. They could easily charge $20 a bottle and I would still pay it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by WarmFuzzy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this shampoo daily since August and felt that it was enough time to thoroughly evaluate this shampoo. First of all let me say that it does everything it says it will do. It cleans my hair very well; however, I first use a clarifying shampoo, rinse, and then follow with the Mane-n-Tail shampoo. My hair has felt thicker and seems to grow faster. My hair seems VERY healthy. I first used this shampoo back in 1994 but then stopped using it and forgot all about it. I'm always reminded of this shampoo when someone says my hair is coarse...like a horse's tail!!! UGH! Well, that prompted me to start using this shampoo again and it has really improved the quality of my hair. I'm still on my bottle I bought in August but I probably only have 1 or 2 washings left. I just purchased another bottle. And yes...I will repurchases again and again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by brezzybubbley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this stuff! my hair feels verrrry clean but no dry after useing it. it lathers up for me if i put alot of it on my hair and even putting alot in my hair it doesnt feel dry and wont get frizzy. i can longer without washing my hair to(: