October 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by FifteenYearsYoung

I've been using Mane 'N Tail for a week, and I really like it. The conditoner does make my hair a little greasy, but only if i lay it on thick. It is rather concentrated, so you have to make sure you water it down so you have enough to cover all your hair. The shampoo keeps my hair nice and clean, and smells clean. It doesnt smell amazing and perfume-y, but it makes it fresh.
I mainly purchased this shampoo because I heard it helps with split ends, and as someone with hair prone to breakage I had to try it. After using it for a week, along with vitamins and other things, my hair has grown. Its not overly noticable, but it does feel healthier and fuller, not to mention the length. Again, it hasnt grown longer because of this shampoo, but i feel like it makes it feel thicker, and look longer by default. I've also noticed my hair now holds its styling better, (not that I overly style my hair. braids stay in better, as do updos and curls) like day after hair, but feels super clean.
As far as drying out my hair, my hair feels better than it did before. I also deep condition it on a weekly basis, and dont use hot styling tools, so maybe that's what I'm doing differently. All I'm saying is don't go into this thinking its a miracle product, and keep the price in mind. it is dirt cheap for what it does, but its not going to fix your hair the first time you use it. If it doesnt work in the first week it might be the shampoo, but it might be dozens of other things. Think about the variables and dont get rid of it the first time if it doesnt work the way you want it to.
That said, it works great for me and I love it.My hair is naturally wavy, (think loose 2c), and i have troubles finding a nice, light shampoo that doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, while controlling frizz.
That said, it works great for me and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by southernbellemarykaycom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is thick and just a little dry at the ends. I bought this after reading so many wonderful things about it. It was awful. It dried all of my hair out so bad, and there was no way to brush out all of the knots and tangles. When I went for a trim my stylist asked what on earth I was using on my hair. I threw it away that day. I had been using Lorel Everstrong before, and I went back to that for my drug store brand. I usually use Paul Mitchel. I know it is a little pricey, but I think my hair is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This dries my scalp out, leaving it a bit itchy, yet doesn't seem to clean my hair properly. If used over time I'm pretty sure it would cause massive build-up. My hair is fine and in decent condition, a bit dry at the ends. Maybe this is more for coarser hair types (originally formulated for horses hair after all.) The scent is ok, very subtle. It works ok for my dog, but I've used better and wouldn't repurchase it even for that use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading several reviews on this product, I had been extremely skeptical as to whether or not I should try this out. My mom bought this one day and I decided why not. I was scared it would cause my hair to fall out (like some reviews I've read) and/or end up with a greasy mess. Let me tell you, this is the best shampoo/conditioner i've ever used. I have oily, medium-thick naturally straight hair. With some shampoos and conditioners, my hair will respond well to them and then stop working or not give me the results that I had been ever so pleased with in the beginning. This product gives me the results I want every single shower I have. Although I might use it a bit differently than others. Since I have an oily scalp, and blunt bangs!, I have to wash my hair every day or else it's just an intolerable mess. To solve the problem of an oily scalp, but semi dry ends, I use these products in reverse order. Conditioner first, then shampoo last. I cover the ends of my hair with the conditioner, not my roots!, and wash my face/body/ect. then rinse the conditioner out about 3/4 of the way, then shampoo my hair; letting the shampoo run down my head then I brush my hair in the shower to make sure it's detangled and all the products are out of my hair so I don't end up with residue. This routine is what is most efficient for me and my hair. I also find reversing the order of shampooing and conditioning saves me time in the shower and allows me to get out quicker! If you find that you experience negative results with this set, try the reverse order situation. Especially if you have oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always been a big fan of Mane N'Tail. It smells great to me, and is just a good, basic, every day shampoo. It is not drying, and I never felt that it did any harm to my color treated hair. I also use this to wash my dog. Wiiing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by taylorspears

when i first started dying my hair i had major problems with losing hair. i was desperate and would try anything to save my hair. i researched shampoos that would help my hair grow and this came up. i happened to be at CVS a few days later and decided to pick this and the conditioner up. after a few months i noticed a huge inprovement in my hair. i alternated between this and the aveda shampoo and now my hair is thick and ALOT longer than it was. i owe everything my hair is now to this :')

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by chevygirl1178

This product made my hair nice and soft the first few uses but after that it seemed to coat it with something and really weighed it down. it felt dry and unmanageable. i did not like it and i ended up returning it. I have naturally curly hair so its dry and it didn't help at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dried out my hair and made it smell foul. Enough said.

Edit: i rebought desperately trying to get my hair back to its original thickness and now it works beautifully!!! Makes my hair soft as hell and makes it volumized!!! and it was another hair product making my hair stinky!
Just a fair warning, constant use will dry out your hair, but a deep conditioner will fix that,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish MUA had a 'maybe' answer for purchasing an item again. I wasn't too impressed with this shampoo, but it didn't ruin my hair or anything. I found it to be quite boring...just basic shampoo. Some of the reviews made it seem like it was a miracle shampoo & I found it to be rather mediocre. The smell was light & fresh but didn't stick to my hair. It lathered fairly well & rinsed pretty clean. I needed to condition every time, though, because I found the shampoo to be a tad drying. I do colour my hair with semi-perm colour about once a month, but the condition of my hair is pretty good. This product was just okay for me. It's affordable & I scored this as 'buy one get one free' at Sally's. The bottles are HUGE and will last you quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I have this "problem" where I never buy the same shampoo twice. I just find it so exciting and fun to try out new shampoos.
I've never repeated the same shampoo twice until Mane N Tail.

I tried it when I was in high school after hearing so many good things about it. Back then I hadn't dyed it and my hair was thick and healthy. Mane N Tail made my hair even stronger.

Recently I decided to get my hair dyed, but the salon lady f***ed up and gave me blonde hair when I asked for dark brown. So, a week later she re-dyed my hair to a brown color... then when my roots grew out, I dyed my hair back to my original black color.
All this dying has made my hair thinner than it's ever been before in my life.

Then I remembered Mane N Tail and how awesome it was so I repurchased from London Drugs... DEFINATELY MY HG SHAMPOO.
I think I'm gonna stick to Mane N Tail now, no more promiscuous shampoo-buying.

Another reason why I love this shampoo.. though kind of a weird reason, is because I can use it on my dog, too. It leaves a light scent on his fur and works just as fine as dog shampoo, which is expensive.

I LOVE MANE N TAIL!!

Edit: I've been using this shampoo on my dog for a while and it's made his fur sooooooooooo sofffftttt