February 1, 2015 | 1819 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after my best friend told me that it made her hair "amazing" and it was her new HG. . I have to say I am impressed with this product. Using it a long with the conditioner my hair seems to be less frizzy and shinier and I have seen some slight hair growth. My hair also does not come out as much when I put other prodcuts in it afterwards. I have a sensitive scalp and find if i wash my hair too many days in a row it does get irritated but overall I am impressed with this shampoo and conditioner and the price cant be beat for the amount you get. I got mine @ walgreens for 6.99 but saw it last night @ sallys for a little cheaper. I will no longer be buying expensive high end products...this is quickly reaching HG status.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first used Mane n' Tail, my hair was so, so soft and clean. And the value was amazing. All that shampoo and conditioner for so cheap! But as I got closer and closer to the bottom of the bottles, I noticed the build up it was leaving behind. My scalp felt kind of sticky, and my hair always looked oily, even hours after I washed it.
I think it's just a very moisturizing shampoo, and that's not really what my hair and scalp need. It's a great shampoo, but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by atashii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very course African American hair that's relaxed . I cut it short back in May; due to split ends and damaged hair, and was hoping for a quick grow out for coming September . I have to admit that the Mane and Tail shampoo does leave the hair tangled , I am fortunate enough to have just bought the shampoo , for conditioner I use Motions, and also a leave in conditioner . So I can easily detangle my hair without pain and strain . The good side is that I have found my hair to be literally SQUEAKY CLEAN! I can actually hear the squeaking . I lather and rinse three times, starting with just the hair strands, to the roots, to the scalp . In a way I have found my hair to be growing out a bit faster . Usually my relaxer last for 3-4 months . This time it didn't even last an entire month . My mom is a former salonist and has witness the change, my hair is growing back stronger, shinier and breakage has stopped .
However numerous factors could of also affected this .
My suggestion when hoping for quick fixes for damaged hair, and seeking hair growth is a whole new hair routine , and be aware of how much oil your hair absorbs . Brittle, dry hair could be the result of simply washing too much with this product , and could be a sign you should cut back . There's nothing wrong with using a different brand of conditioner from your shampoo . For me, my conditioner and this shampoo work in sync , they benefit each other . Also, I've cut back in my heat use . Instead of blowdrying I AIR DRY, and instead of straightening , I use a brush and brush through my hair and put it in a ponytail .

Mane and Tail shampoo does work , but there's a down side , and if you can accept that down side and work with it, then you're hair will be fine .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by gossipguru345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first began using this product I thought it was definitley making my hair thicker and fuller, and possibly growing a bit faster as well. I had been using it for a few months, and I decided to switch, the build up it leaves in hair is SO gross. My hair literally dried greasy, and it wasn't because I didn't wash it out enough,plus my scalp felt sticky. I definitley do NOT recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by brandibowen1995

The first time i tried this product was in the ninth grade because my friend had been using it and said it was a great shampoo. it was the herbal kind... well i tried and it made a complete difference in the way my hair felt. my hair was much more soft and easier to manage. I washed it pretty much every night because i worked out and my hair got all dirty. my hair started growing pretty fast! my friends at school would always point out how much my hair was growing out. I am in my junior year of high school and i am still using mane and tail, the orginal kind now for about a year and it hasnt grown significantly. over the last week i have noticed its gotten about an inch or two! tomorrow i am going to go and get the herbal kind again because that one is my favorite! i dont experience any driness or anything while using this product! its a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by amuseale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reviewed this earlier but after using this for a while, I had to stop using it. Shampooing my hair with this shampoo caused all my hair to get tangled, if fell off, it hurt while shampooing, and it stripped all of my hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Tiffany2013

I have personaly been using this shampoo and conditioner for a couple of months and it is great my hair has grown and its way more thick healty and it has an amazing shine I use it everyday and my hair looks amazing I have any of the dryness or any thing of that matter I think it is a great product to use if you are trying to make your hair look better and actually be more healthy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by lol23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i found the shampoo made my hair really dry and brittle and the smell wasnt that good. i bought it because i heard it makes your hair grow faster (i dont think it did). i also used the conditioner (the herbal mane n tail one) and it used to leave residue near my scalp which was rather unpleasant... it definetly didnt live up to the hype and i really wouldnt recommend it or use it again because all it does is dry your scalp and hair, as well as make it harder to comb.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

if there was a 'heck no' in the drop down box I would have chose that.
Not a good shampoo at all. Dried my hair, scalp and hands! Terrible. It does not promote hair growth, what they are saying is its so good for your hair that it will repair damaged ends, make hair shiny. Neither of which it did. I wouldnt use this on my cats. (The CVS shopper comment cracked me up by the way)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ongaku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't buy this thinking it would grow my hair faster. Its not my main choice of shampoo but I've been using it for close to 2 years now. I would rate the conditionor a 0 but the shampoo is the only one that prevents my hair from feeling thin or oily. I mean yes it makes my hair feel dry but that's the way I like it. As for damage, I don't really see any because I get my hair trimmed every other week. It has a bad smell to it but I only use it like every other day or so. I wouldn't buy it if you're just looking for something to make your hair grow faster. The only thing I hate about it is I can only find it in cvs which I'm not allowed in for 3 more years due to teenage stuff. But they never notice me anymore since I've obviously changed in the past 2 years.