December 22, 2014 | 1738 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ongaku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't buy this thinking it would grow my hair faster. Its not my main choice of shampoo but I've been using it for close to 2 years now. I would rate the conditionor a 0 but the shampoo is the only one that prevents my hair from feeling thin or oily. I mean yes it makes my hair feel dry but that's the way I like it. As for damage, I don't really see any because I get my hair trimmed every other week. It has a bad smell to it but I only use it like every other day or so. I wouldn't buy it if you're just looking for something to make your hair grow faster. The only thing I hate about it is I can only find it in cvs which I'm not allowed in for 3 more years due to teenage stuff. But they never notice me anymore since I've obviously changed in the past 2 years.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this for the same reason as everyone else, to grow my hair faster. I can't say for sure if it does or not because I didn't like using it for very long. It isn't the greatest shampoo. Maybe I should know better being a hairstylist and all, that hair doesn't grow faster simply by washing it with horse shampoo. Hair grows half and inch a month on average and what makes the difference is HEALTHY hair that doesn't have split ends that break up the hair shaft. I still have the bottle sitting in my shower. I don't know why...LOL!! As a shampoo I think the quality is very mediocre at best.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shampoo while ago and I didn't like it. It made my hair so dry and rough. It also took me like two weeks to recover from the damage.

After that, I just use this shampoo to wash my dog.

Then after few months I read a blog mentioning this shampoo did help the hair grow fast but just use it at the ROOT and wash the entire hair with other shampoo.
Almost at the same time I noticed my friend who was suffering lot of hair loss now have better healthy hair. She said she is using this shampoo.

I decided to give it another try and it works a lot better than before. I think my hair grows faster or healthier which I don't even notice I have hair loss while shampooing,

Just don't use it for entire hair and a good conditioner and hair treatment is also important.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by insertusername

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first used this product during my sophomore year of high school after a really bad hair cut. The only reason I brought this brand was because I heard from many people on the internet that it makes your hair grow faster/longer.

At first I liked it, and it seemed like my hair really did grow faster than the usual (not significantly). I was satisfied (not happy but satisfied) with the results and continued using it. When the bottle was half empty, my hair was not acting like the way it did during the first weeks I used it. My hair was damaged, dry and looked really frizzy. My hair stopped growing "fast" and grew slow from then on.

I don't recommend this product for long term. After using this, it took me a few months to repair my hair. Overall, it's nothing special. It's just like any other shampoo but with better and worse products out there.

--------
Pros:
- big bottle

Cons:
- not worth the price
- drys scalp
- does not make hair grow significantly faster as rumored
- the bottle is ugly. lol

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by bankudas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont know what to think. My hair is curly, and without putting loads of mousse and gel, this actually left my hair frizzy, and light weight. I liked the conditioner, it made my hair feel soft, but it didnt wow me like I wish it would. My pug appreciates it though... he loves the way he smells after he bathes with it! I will buy it again just to have it, and because it is inexpensive

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by FifteenYearsYoung

I've been using Mane 'N Tail for a week, and I really like it. The conditoner does make my hair a little greasy, but only if i lay it on thick. It is rather concentrated, so you have to make sure you water it down so you have enough to cover all your hair. The shampoo keeps my hair nice and clean, and smells clean. It doesnt smell amazing and perfume-y, but it makes it fresh.
I mainly purchased this shampoo because I heard it helps with split ends, and as someone with hair prone to breakage I had to try it. After using it for a week, along with vitamins and other things, my hair has grown. Its not overly noticable, but it does feel healthier and fuller, not to mention the length. Again, it hasnt grown longer because of this shampoo, but i feel like it makes it feel thicker, and look longer by default. I've also noticed my hair now holds its styling better, (not that I overly style my hair. braids stay in better, as do updos and curls) like day after hair, but feels super clean.
As far as drying out my hair, my hair feels better than it did before. I also deep condition it on a weekly basis, and dont use hot styling tools, so maybe that's what I'm doing differently. All I'm saying is don't go into this thinking its a miracle product, and keep the price in mind. it is dirt cheap for what it does, but its not going to fix your hair the first time you use it. If it doesnt work in the first week it might be the shampoo, but it might be dozens of other things. Think about the variables and dont get rid of it the first time if it doesnt work the way you want it to.
That said, it works great for me and I love it.My hair is naturally wavy, (think loose 2c), and i have troubles finding a nice, light shampoo that doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, while controlling frizz.
That said, it works great for me and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by southernbellemarykaycom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is thick and just a little dry at the ends. I bought this after reading so many wonderful things about it. It was awful. It dried all of my hair out so bad, and there was no way to brush out all of the knots and tangles. When I went for a trim my stylist asked what on earth I was using on my hair. I threw it away that day. I had been using Lorel Everstrong before, and I went back to that for my drug store brand. I usually use Paul Mitchel. I know it is a little pricey, but I think my hair is worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This dries my scalp out, leaving it a bit itchy, yet doesn't seem to clean my hair properly. If used over time I'm pretty sure it would cause massive build-up. My hair is fine and in decent condition, a bit dry at the ends. Maybe this is more for coarser hair types (originally formulated for horses hair after all.) The scent is ok, very subtle. It works ok for my dog, but I've used better and wouldn't repurchase it even for that use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kaymills

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading several reviews on this product, I had been extremely skeptical as to whether or not I should try this out. My mom bought this one day and I decided why not. I was scared it would cause my hair to fall out (like some reviews I've read) and/or end up with a greasy mess. Let me tell you, this is the best shampoo/conditioner i've ever used. I have oily, medium-thick naturally straight hair. With some shampoos and conditioners, my hair will respond well to them and then stop working or not give me the results that I had been ever so pleased with in the beginning. This product gives me the results I want every single shower I have. Although I might use it a bit differently than others. Since I have an oily scalp, and blunt bangs!, I have to wash my hair every day or else it's just an intolerable mess. To solve the problem of an oily scalp, but semi dry ends, I use these products in reverse order. Conditioner first, then shampoo last. I cover the ends of my hair with the conditioner, not my roots!, and wash my face/body/ect. then rinse the conditioner out about 3/4 of the way, then shampoo my hair; letting the shampoo run down my head then I brush my hair in the shower to make sure it's detangled and all the products are out of my hair so I don't end up with residue. This routine is what is most efficient for me and my hair. I also find reversing the order of shampooing and conditioning saves me time in the shower and allows me to get out quicker! If you find that you experience negative results with this set, try the reverse order situation. Especially if you have oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always been a big fan of Mane N'Tail. It smells great to me, and is just a good, basic, every day shampoo. It is not drying, and I never felt that it did any harm to my color treated hair. I also use this to wash my dog. Wiiing!