Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

I was hesitant to use this at first because my friend said it made her hair dry and straw-like but another friend used it and loved it! So I gave it a go,and it was a great decision! My hair is extremely soft,shiny and clean looking! Absolutley love it because it makes my hair super easy to brush through after the shower when before my hair would be tangled. I don't know how it affects growth yet because I've only used it a few times so far but my friends hair seems to be growing alot faster. It's definetly a great buy!

on 11/12/2011 12:06:00 PM

totally worth taking up all that space in your shower! ive used both shampoo and conditioner of this and they work great together! At first i was turned off my the unusual smell, but actually i now quite like it! I use the shampoo all over my scalp and massage (supposedly massageing the head helps hair grow) and then rinse. Then i apply an even coating of the conditioner all over and let that set up for three minutes, as said on the bottle. I also use the condtioner as a leave in after the shower. After ive combed and parted my hair i put a quarter amount of the conditioner into ONLY the last three inches of my hair and then comb through. You shouldnt put it through all your hair because its likely to become way to oily or weighed down. And by combing it through you get a bit through the top anyways (just enough) My hair does grow more using this, just dont expect any miracles. It does for certain make your hair shinier healthier and uber soft! And at such a low price at Walmart, who could say no?

on 10/30/2011 10:40:00 AM

I tried mane n tail because I heard it would make your hair grow. I gave it a go, and I love it! I have noticed a difference in length, I have used this in two months and my hair is 3 inches longer than before I used it.
It can be a little drying so if you have dry hair, stray away from this.
Overall, it's great, the shampoo and cond. lasts forever in that huge bottle.
I'm a believer!

on 10/27/2011 11:33:00 PM

i've been using this product for two months now. before summer my hair was in great shape, but after swimming in chlorine pools and lakes and sitting in the sun, my hair was fried! i had so many split ends! and then i remembered this stuff from one of my friends house. her hair is always so shiny andpretty so when i asked her what she was using she said mane n tail. when i saw the price i nearly had aheart attack! 8 bucks for shampoo?! relunctantly i bought it along with the conditioner and when i got home i put the conditioner in my hair and sat wih it in for anhour or so. my hir was unbelievably soft and so much more managable! i couldn't believe the difference! i've been a firm believer ever since! i dont think it makes your hair grow, but i certainly dont have any more spit ends. this stuff is awesome!

on 10/23/2011 10:05:00 PM

iv been using this for a little less than a week now. so far its really working. it kinda looks like my hair is getting longer. the only bad thing is that it dries out your hair. so i use a different conditioner after i use the main n tail conditioner. it seems too make my hair smoother. i recommend this product (:

on 10/20/2011 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i used this for years in high school. it did promote my hair growth- it strengthened the cuticle and i saw a heck of a lot of shine. it cleaned the scalp well... the shine it gave my hair was great. the con about this shampoo and conditioner is that it DOES dry up your hair. it's used a lot on actual horses... hence the name. if you think of horse hair, the texture of it, it is very dry, coarse, and straw -ish. but horse hair IS strong, and usually long. the only problem is that us humans, we straighten and blow-dry our hair, which doesn't help the fact that this shamp/conditioner is going to dry out our hair anyways. use with the knowledge that your hair and scalp will probably get drier than what you are used to.. maybe switch it up a little. you should be doing that anyways , it is healthy for your hair. after using a shampoo for so long your hair is bound to get used to it, and not achieve the best results from it. use this for a few months, then when the bottle runs out, try something new, then go back to it. OR , just use the shampoo and pick a separate conditioner. this will make your hair grow! i swear! it's just going to make it more like ... horse hair.

on 10/8/2011 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very disappointed! I've had this for a month or so and i'm already 1/2 way through the bottle. I rotate shampoos/conditioners. Maybe it works for other people (with thick and already semi-healthy hair), but it didn't work for me.
I have fine wavy and dry hair (has been colored and permed), and this did not make my hair soft or healthylooking or tangle-free. In fact, It made my hair feel like straw and totally un-comb-able. I use this with the conditioner and that's also a huge disappointment.
The only reason I give this 3 lippies is cause the first few times I used this, I notice less hair in the drain when I was done with shower (which means less hair was falling out). But, when I brushed my hair afterwards, I didn't notice any diference and there was still a lot of hair in my brush. Yuck.
I'll continue using this until I finish the bottle, but I'm not going to repurchase.

on 9/17/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product after my best friend told me that it made her hair "amazing" and it was her new HG. . I have to say I am impressed with this product. Using it a long with the conditioner my hair seems to be less frizzy and shinier and I have seen some slight hair growth. My hair also does not come out as much when I put other prodcuts in it afterwards. I have a sensitive scalp and find if i wash my hair too many days in a row it does get irritated but overall I am impressed with this shampoo and conditioner and the price cant be beat for the amount you get. I got mine @ walgreens for 6.99 but saw it last night @ sallys for a little cheaper. I will no longer be buying expensive high end products...this is quickly reaching HG status.

on 8/20/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first used Mane n' Tail, my hair was so, so soft and clean. And the value was amazing. All that shampoo and conditioner for so cheap! But as I got closer and closer to the bottom of the bottles, I noticed the build up it was leaving behind. My scalp felt kind of sticky, and my hair always looked oily, even hours after I washed it.
I think it's just a very moisturizing shampoo, and that's not really what my hair and scalp need. It's a great shampoo, but not for me.

on 8/13/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have very course African American hair that's relaxed . I cut it short back in May; due to split ends and damaged hair, and was hoping for a quick grow out for coming September . I have to admit that the Mane and Tail shampoo does leave the hair tangled , I am fortunate enough to have just bought the shampoo , for conditioner I use Motions, and also a leave in conditioner . So I can easily detangle my hair without pain and strain . The good side is that I have found my hair to be literally SQUEAKY CLEAN! I can actually hear the squeaking . I lather and rinse three times, starting with just the hair strands, to the roots, to the scalp . In a way I have found my hair to be growing out a bit faster . Usually my relaxer last for 3-4 months . This time it didn't even last an entire month . My mom is a former salonist and has witness the change, my hair is growing back stronger, shinier and breakage has stopped .
However numerous factors could of also affected this .
My suggestion when hoping for quick fixes for damaged hair, and seeking hair growth is a whole new hair routine , and be aware of how much oil your hair absorbs . Brittle, dry hair could be the result of simply washing too much with this product , and could be a sign you should cut back . There's nothing wrong with using a different brand of conditioner from your shampoo . For me, my conditioner and this shampoo work in sync , they benefit each other . Also, I've cut back in my heat use . Instead of blowdrying I AIR DRY, and instead of straightening , I use a brush and brush through my hair and put it in a ponytail .

Mane and Tail shampoo does work , but there's a down side , and if you can accept that down side and work with it, then you're hair will be fine .