Chanel Double Perfection Compact

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Propylparaben, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.May Contain: Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 7/1/2003 11:05:00 AM

I love this foundation. The great thing is it is not heavy. It covers my acne scars and is the only makeup that does not irritate my skin. The color is absolutely perfect for my skin and this could not be any better.

on 6/30/2003 5:32:00 AM

With such great coverage from this foundation, I find I can use it alone (not with undereye concealer) and it lasts a reasonably long time (about 6 hours). The shinies are covered up, but applied dry, my face also looks... well, powdery. I much prefer the dewy look, but for flawless skin this is what I turn to every time. Works great in hot Summer weather - keeps away oil and still doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. The compact is typical Chanel chic, but a bit large and chunky. Then there's the price (close to $50)... but overall, a decent product and one I will continue to use for lack of better performance elsewhere.

on 6/16/2003 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this at all. It was too powdery on and looked very unnatural. All the colors were wrong for me, it seems as though all the colors were a little too peachy for my very yellow skin tone. All in all, there are better out there for less than this.

on 5/19/2003 7:00:00 AM

For once a foundation my sensitive skin tolerates and doesn't give a cakey look. I usually don't wear foundation, because I have a clear complexion. I use this one, when I want to look still natural, yet polished. This is exactly what this foundations give. A natural, radiant finish. I can still see my skin and freckles through the thin layer of powder. So I use it as a pressed powder ( I can't use the actual pressed powders of chanel, as they don't have a matching color for me), but you can also use it wet for a heavier coverage and matter finish. I really love the look it gives my skin!!!

on 5/13/2003 10:27:00 AM

I usually wear this when i'm in a hurry to go out and don't have enough time. This gives a good coverage without looking as if you piled alot of makeup in your face. Looks more natural than the MAC one. It gives me a smooth face and hides red spots on my face. But this doesn't last the whole day.

on 4/21/2003 12:03:00 AM

This really should be considered a powder. The texture is incredible! It hid all of my pores and made my skin look like a baby's. I have some complaints however. I think this is what is making me breakout, and I usually don't ever breakout. Plus, my nose and chin get oily after a couple of hours. That's sad, because if it wasn't for that, I would definitely buy it again. I am still debating whether to or not because of what it amazingly does for the skin's appearance. It's probably a lot better for less oily skin.

on 3/9/2003 10:37:00 AM

This is wonderful! I don't need separate liquid foundation and powder anymore, I just put this on and go! Looks very natural and lasts long. On my student budget I don't buy many expensive cosmetics, but this is worth every penny.

on 3/7/2003 7:56:00 PM

I was really disappointed with this. I usually have good luck with Chanel products, but this was terrible for me. It is way too cakey and powdery and no matter how much moisturizer I use I can't get rid of the cakey-ness. It also makes my skin feel a bit itchy and tight. I actually think I look better with no makeup at all rather than wearing this. The color (Vanilla) however, was a very good match, so at least it blended into my skin well. You may want to avoid this product if you have dry, sensitive skin.

on 2/28/2003 1:18:00 PM

thanks GOD I FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL in powder foundation! i already tried lots of high end brand but i always end up in itchy red blotches face. chanel did give me relief, thanks CHANEL!

on 2/18/2003 12:18:00 PM

This is one of my favorite powder foundations. I wear Ivory Beige which is the one the Chanel makeup artist picked out for me from their limited shade selection(normally LM moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM Nude or Sand). I wish they had a more yellow-toned one like Dior Skin's 201, but this one seems fine and the pink isn't that bad. It's like magic and totally transforms my complexion. Coverage is fantastic and I love the fact that it has SPF 10 although Dior's has SPF 20.