April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by vicky82

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely in love with this compact! I was looking for a poweder foundation to replace my StudioFix since it looks kind of cakey on me. Then I decided to give Chanel a try...and I'm not switching brands ever ever again!

It's supposed to give you a matte finish but I think it looks pretty natural on me. I picked the lightest shade..which is a tad lighter than my MAC C3...but nonetheless it still matches my complexion perfectly. It gives me a good coverage and it doesn't cake at all.

It's pricey but it's worth every penny...plus you can buy refills and keep the cute compact as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2003 5:33:00 AM More reviews by sleepyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This deserves a high rating for quality and texture, but is getting knocked down a little because I couldn't find a good colormatch. Chanel needs to add more yellow toned colors to their line. This was so easy to use, I had a perfect face in a couple of minutes. It covered everything. I bought 2 different shades and I was somewhere in the middle, so frustrating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing special here. Way overrated & over priced!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

I really really like this, except that I have dry skin right now more than usual so I can't wear this :o( In the summer though, I will try again, just because the powder is SO soft, but covers just enough, and is great used wet or dry. I got Sand Beige, but I'm not sure if I liked that color. It was a bit too pinky for me I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel has not scored a hit for me with this one. I went to the counter to see if this would be good for me to use with the DPF liquid. They said yes, but it is too much to use over. On its own it provides nice medium coverage. I like that it can be applied either wet or dry to create the right amount of coverage for you. Never could get it to provide a nice finish when applied wet. Applied dry it weas on the powdery looking side. It doesn't change colour on my super oily skin, a defininte bonus! Not the best oil controller, but on my skin nothing is so the fact that this lasts almost 4 hours is good. It is expensive $46 USD and I don't think it is a great product so I will not repurchase. There are other powder foundations that are cheaper and work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2003 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Julliana

I've been wearing this since it first came out - must be 5+ yrs.
I bought it as an alternative to a pressed powder compact to keep in my bag and use for touch ups. One day I was in a hurry and used it as a foundation and never looked back.

It takes less than 60 seconds to apply and once you've worn it as foundation/powder - you'll never want to spend the time applying liquid and powder seperately.

It goes on like silk and gives you flawless skin. I use it over my Smashbox Primer and that helps keep my t-zone from getting oily. I don't think its expensive because it lasts so long and a little goes a long way. Its best to pat/press it onto your skin. I dont know what it would take for me to give this up.

I also keep one in my bag for touch ups and after a long day you dab on a little of this powder/foundation and it looks like you've just applied your makeup 5 min ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 3:56:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for years, at least since 4 years ago. It was great all along but I supposed due to age catching up, my skin is now drier and this compact now gives me a dry powdery look. Love it for its convenience and versatility, as one MUAer said, can be used on its own as a light foundation, or over liquid foundation for a more polished look. But I supposed I will be giving it up soon due to my skin being drier now. Good for normal/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2002 10:18:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite powder. It's great for when I am in a hurry and don't have time for foundation as it has a great coverage on its own. Topped over a foundation it is velvety and perfect...simply flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

LOVE this compact! It really does a nice smooth job as a lightweight foundation powder. The coverage is very impressive. No shine for hours! It also has a suncreen in it--an added plus!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2002 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

Great consistency. Very fine powder and applies very smooth. Only problem is, my very oily skin starts acting up within an hour. I think the color is very warm and natural looking, but it doesn't seem to control my oiliness as well as my Aveda Dual Base. I'll use this for awhile and see if it's worth keeping.