Chanel Double Perfection Compact

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Propylparaben, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.May Contain: Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 6/30/2003 5:32:00 AM

With such great coverage from this foundation, I find I can use it alone (not with undereye concealer) and it lasts a reasonably long time (about 6 hours). The shinies are covered up, but applied dry, my face also looks... well, powdery. I much prefer the dewy look, but for flawless skin this is what I turn to every time. Works great in hot Summer weather - keeps away oil and still doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. The compact is typical Chanel chic, but a bit large and chunky. Then there's the price (close to $50)... but overall, a decent product and one I will continue to use for lack of better performance elsewhere.

on 6/16/2003 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this at all. It was too powdery on and looked very unnatural. All the colors were wrong for me, it seems as though all the colors were a little too peachy for my very yellow skin tone. All in all, there are better out there for less than this.

on 5/19/2003 7:00:00 AM

For once a foundation my sensitive skin tolerates and doesn't give a cakey look. I usually don't wear foundation, because I have a clear complexion. I use this one, when I want to look still natural, yet polished. This is exactly what this foundations give. A natural, radiant finish. I can still see my skin and freckles through the thin layer of powder. So I use it as a pressed powder ( I can't use the actual pressed powders of chanel, as they don't have a matching color for me), but you can also use it wet for a heavier coverage and matter finish. I really love the look it gives my skin!!!

on 5/13/2003 10:27:00 AM

I usually wear this when i'm in a hurry to go out and don't have enough time. This gives a good coverage without looking as if you piled alot of makeup in your face. Looks more natural than the MAC one. It gives me a smooth face and hides red spots on my face. But this doesn't last the whole day.

on 4/21/2003 12:03:00 AM

This really should be considered a powder. The texture is incredible! It hid all of my pores and made my skin look like a baby's. I have some complaints however. I think this is what is making me breakout, and I usually don't ever breakout. Plus, my nose and chin get oily after a couple of hours. That's sad, because if it wasn't for that, I would definitely buy it again. I am still debating whether to or not because of what it amazingly does for the skin's appearance. It's probably a lot better for less oily skin.

on 3/9/2003 10:37:00 AM

This is wonderful! I don't need separate liquid foundation and powder anymore, I just put this on and go! Looks very natural and lasts long. On my student budget I don't buy many expensive cosmetics, but this is worth every penny.

on 3/7/2003 7:56:00 PM

I was really disappointed with this. I usually have good luck with Chanel products, but this was terrible for me. It is way too cakey and powdery and no matter how much moisturizer I use I can't get rid of the cakey-ness. It also makes my skin feel a bit itchy and tight. I actually think I look better with no makeup at all rather than wearing this. The color (Vanilla) however, was a very good match, so at least it blended into my skin well. You may want to avoid this product if you have dry, sensitive skin.

on 2/28/2003 1:18:00 PM

thanks GOD I FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL in powder foundation! i already tried lots of high end brand but i always end up in itchy red blotches face. chanel did give me relief, thanks CHANEL!

on 2/18/2003 12:18:00 PM

This is one of my favorite powder foundations. I wear Ivory Beige which is the one the Chanel makeup artist picked out for me from their limited shade selection(normally LM moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM Nude or Sand). I wish they had a more yellow-toned one like Dior Skin's 201, but this one seems fine and the pink isn't that bad. It's like magic and totally transforms my complexion. Coverage is fantastic and I love the fact that it has SPF 10 although Dior's has SPF 20.

on 2/8/2003 9:14:00 PM

I'm absolutely in love with this compact! I was looking for a poweder foundation to replace my StudioFix since it looks kind of cakey on me. Then I decided to give Chanel a try...and I'm not switching brands ever ever again!

It's supposed to give you a matte finish but I think it looks pretty natural on me. I picked the lightest shade..which is a tad lighter than my MAC C3...but nonetheless it still matches my complexion perfectly. It gives me a good coverage and it doesn't cake at all.

It's pricey but it's worth every penny...plus you can buy refills and keep the cute compact as well!