July 28, 2014 | 1382 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by blueboon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is wonderful! I don't need separate liquid foundation and powder anymore, I just put this on and go! Looks very natural and lasts long. On my student budget I don't buy many expensive cosmetics, but this is worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2003 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ichigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really disappointed with this. I usually have good luck with Chanel products, but this was terrible for me. It is way too cakey and powdery and no matter how much moisturizer I use I can't get rid of the cakey-ness. It also makes my skin feel a bit itchy and tight. I actually think I look better with no makeup at all rather than wearing this. The color (Vanilla) however, was a very good match, so at least it blended into my skin well. You may want to avoid this product if you have dry, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by merline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thanks GOD I FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL in powder foundation! i already tried lots of high end brand but i always end up in itchy red blotches face. chanel did give me relief, thanks CHANEL!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 12:18:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite powder foundations. I wear Ivory Beige which is the one the Chanel makeup artist picked out for me from their limited shade selection(normally LM moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM Nude or Sand). I wish they had a more yellow-toned one like Dior Skin's 201, but this one seems fine and the pink isn't that bad. It's like magic and totally transforms my complexion. Coverage is fantastic and I love the fact that it has SPF 10 although Dior's has SPF 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by vicky82

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely in love with this compact! I was looking for a poweder foundation to replace my StudioFix since it looks kind of cakey on me. Then I decided to give Chanel a try...and I'm not switching brands ever ever again!

It's supposed to give you a matte finish but I think it looks pretty natural on me. I picked the lightest shade..which is a tad lighter than my MAC C3...but nonetheless it still matches my complexion perfectly. It gives me a good coverage and it doesn't cake at all.

It's pricey but it's worth every penny...plus you can buy refills and keep the cute compact as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2003 5:33:00 AM More reviews by sleepyone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This deserves a high rating for quality and texture, but is getting knocked down a little because I couldn't find a good colormatch. Chanel needs to add more yellow toned colors to their line. This was so easy to use, I had a perfect face in a couple of minutes. It covered everything. I bought 2 different shades and I was somewhere in the middle, so frustrating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing special here. Way overrated & over priced!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

I really really like this, except that I have dry skin right now more than usual so I can't wear this :o( In the summer though, I will try again, just because the powder is SO soft, but covers just enough, and is great used wet or dry. I got Sand Beige, but I'm not sure if I liked that color. It was a bit too pinky for me I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel has not scored a hit for me with this one. I went to the counter to see if this would be good for me to use with the DPF liquid. They said yes, but it is too much to use over. On its own it provides nice medium coverage. I like that it can be applied either wet or dry to create the right amount of coverage for you. Never could get it to provide a nice finish when applied wet. Applied dry it weas on the powdery looking side. It doesn't change colour on my super oily skin, a defininte bonus! Not the best oil controller, but on my skin nothing is so the fact that this lasts almost 4 hours is good. It is expensive $46 USD and I don't think it is a great product so I will not repurchase. There are other powder foundations that are cheaper and work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2003 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Julliana

I've been wearing this since it first came out - must be 5+ yrs.
I bought it as an alternative to a pressed powder compact to keep in my bag and use for touch ups. One day I was in a hurry and used it as a foundation and never looked back.

It takes less than 60 seconds to apply and once you've worn it as foundation/powder - you'll never want to spend the time applying liquid and powder seperately.

It goes on like silk and gives you flawless skin. I use it over my Smashbox Primer and that helps keep my t-zone from getting oily. I don't think its expensive because it lasts so long and a little goes a long way. Its best to pat/press it onto your skin. I dont know what it would take for me to give this up.

I also keep one in my bag for touch ups and after a long day you dab on a little of this powder/foundation and it looks like you've just applied your makeup 5 min ago.