MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 9/16/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So... I tried this eye shadow and it looks...awful on me. I am fair skinned (NC20) and this looks orangy-brown..:(

Eye shadows i cannot wear are orange and pink.

.It makes me look tired but more like I was in a fight. It looks like I have swollen eyes :( When I took this off my eyes looked heaps better. So if you are light skinned, it may not work out for you... :( Try before you buy! :)

on 9/10/2010 11:38:00 PM

Love this shadow when im in a rush i just throw it on and go.......you dont even need a crease colour with this shade.

on 9/10/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap and it didn't look like a color I would normally wear. I already had NYX Champagne which was not a favorite, but I went ahead and wore it the next day. Nice wash of color! So I swatched the two together and they were very close, until you start change the lighting. The undertones are different Champagne has a orange undertone, were All That Glitters has a purple undertone. Purple undertone is very neutral making the shade more wearable.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

on 9/3/2010 2:53:00 PM

My absolute most favouritest eye shadow, and I have TONNES of eyeshadows! :)

This eyeshadow compliments my green/hazel eyes. I put a sweep of it all over, up to eyebrows, with thick liner and statement lip, or use it as my eyelid base colour and do loads of contouring with bronzier shades. It's amazing. And I almost didn't pick it up cos when I swatched it at te counter, It looked so MBLEH! :-O

Kudos to MAC! :)

PS - The only thing that sucks is the price... 15euro?! (Irish prices)

on 8/30/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow. I have to say, I'm just not impressed. This is my first MAC eyeshadow, and it just doesn't do much for me. I thought I'd branch out a little and try other products by MAC than just the lipstick I have bought on and off for several years. I chose this color because I often wear just a wash of a champagne color all over my lids and it seemed I could do that with All That Glitters. I have pretty dry skin and don't have oily eyelids usually. I rarely wear a primer because I just have never needed to. This stuff just disappears! I put it on this morning around 8 and by noon it was GONE. There was a little shimmer left, nothing else.
I have several eyeshadows which are almost the exact same pinky/peachy champagne color (Alima's Chai, ZuZu Luxe's Eternity, Clinique Lucky Penny), and they all last all day long and then some, without primer. Sad I spent the money on this.

on 8/18/2010 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW. It some hows manages to work it's way into an eyeshadow look that I do. Majorty of the time, it's my main lid color but sometimes I'll add it as a brow bone or tear duct high-light. The pigmentation is great and I love the color. Lovelovelove.

on 8/18/2010 4:40:00 PM

I know I am in the minority here, but I don't really like this color....at all (ducks). I definitely think this is more suited to warm-toned gals. I am cool/neutral and I pull so much orange out of this. Actually, I bought this with Woodwinked which did the exact same thing, so I just looked so sick and sad...and orange, yuck. To counteract this orangey color, the MA said to try soft ochre paint pot which to some extent helped but not enough that I felt like I had to have this.

I would describe the color as peachy shimmer with golden flecks. Its a veluxe pearl which is a faboosh texture. But you gotta like the color.

So if you too are having issues with ATG, may I suggest some alternatives...the peachy shade in the WnW Walking on Eggshells trio (everything I want ATG to be), or NYX Champagne. These colors I find are more brightening and don't pull orange. So 3 lippies since I can't pull off this color, but still think its a pretty peach shade!

on 8/18/2010 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It's a pretty colour, just not a very unique one. That's why i wouldn't repurchase. Cheaper brands have dupes!

on 8/18/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My all time fav golden shimmery eye shadow! I used this with many different brown colors on my eyes and it looks amazing with all of them! Looks great on the lids. Absolutely beautiful! I keep repurchasing when I run out.

on 8/16/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am generally a big fan of MAC shadows and this one is nice except that on my NW20 skin it barely shows up. It really just looks like my normal skin is shimmery. That can come in handy from time to time but I don't find myself reaching for this shade often. I tend to use it as a highlight more than anything else. Disappointing because I really wanted to like it a lot more than I do.

Top Rated MAC Products