LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 4/13/2009 2:14:00 PM

I like this, but I'm still on the lookout for something better. It moisturizes, but I hate that it comes in a tub, because I feel like I'm contaminating it. Plus, I feel like it doesn't really absorb well, and leaves me feeling greasy.

I love the smell, and I do like how it works, I just wish it wasn't so greasy.

on 4/3/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried some of this in store, a tiny amount on my fingertips. The citrus smell was too strong even after 1/2 hour, I hated the smell. I washed it off my hands and didn't look back.

on 3/26/2009 1:37:00 PM

Great stuff! I use this nightly (with CND Cuticle Eraser) to keep my cuticles in great shape. I used to have trouble in the winter with my skin cracking at the corners of my nails, but not anymore. Highly recommend!

on 3/2/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Im suprised by the amount of this...I thought it was going to be like size of a lip balm. Its the same size as the face moisturizers. It is very moisturizing without being greasy. Im not too sold on the smell though. Its not like the Lemon Custard smell as most described it. Mine is more plasticy smelling.

It makes your hands,feet and cuticles feel wonderful though. I mix mine with a bit of Ocean Salt for a creamy, exfoliating hand/foot treatment.

on 2/23/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised to see that there's quite a big amound of it. I'm wondering if I'm going to use all if it before the expiration date. I like the lemony smell and the yellow colour of this product. It works good on dry patches, but it doesn't repair my extremely dry cuticles completely.

on 2/7/2009 2:59:00 PM

I love, love this! Very strong scent but cirtrus-y. I use this on my feet and it works great! I had a sample of this before and the texture was fluffy. Then I got the real thing in the jar and it was fluffy. I prefer it fluffy, lol. This is pricey, but if it works for you, it's so worth the price.

on 2/5/2009 9:26:00 PM

Picked a sample back a week ago...I got the full size today.

This is an amazing product for your cuticles!! :) Keeps them hydrated and not dry. A bit greasy at first but once you rub them in, it's great!! :)

Lemon scent not TOO overpowering...but I got used to it :)

on 1/30/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Even though this product smells like the love child of Desitin and Lemon Pledge, I love it and it works. I put a lot on before I go to bed, so that it sort of sits in the "alley" between my skin and nail. It's sort of a combo of greasy and creamy. I don't know why it works so well for me, but it does. I previously used Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream and Solar Oil. Solar Oil was too time consuming for me, having to aim that brush to get the stuff in the right place. =8D Burt's Bees was what I was using until I read so many raves about LF, so I had to try LF. LF just works better for me (despite the Desitin smelling part of it, which is the only downside and I can overlook it because my cuticles have improves soooo much with nightly use!) so I quit using Burt's Bees. I agree that the tub is expensive, but it lasts such a long time even if used frequently and a lot of it each time. I highly recommend this product and I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/30/2009 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow!! This stuff is just wonderful.....

And though the price is somewhat daunting for a cuticle cream- it is a huge pot. I was surprised when I saw it...and a little bit goes a long way....

Its highly emollient, rich and creamy, and smells very nicely!

I would purchase this again...but I'm not sure I will ever run out!! There is so much.

on 1/26/2009 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There are (at least) a half-dozen different emollient sources in this fantastic cream, so I definitely forgive its tendency to take a little longer to absorb. The initial greasiness is absolutely worth the results.

Compared to another lemony cuticle favorite, Burt's Bees lemon cuticle creme, LUSH squeaks by as the favorite for me. I prefer the creamy, thick buttery texture to the slightly gritty ointment feel of BB, and I like that, because of its texture, you can use Lemony Flutter on other dry areas too (slathering it over hands before bed is a total treat). The smell? For some reason it's quite herbal to me, but my boyfriend insists it smells like Lemon Pledge. It's definitely a sweeter, more cloying lemon smell, as opposed to the bright juicy tangy lemons of Burt's Bees. The 1.5 ounce tub will last me a long time - I can almost hear my cuticles thanking me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials