December 21, 2014 | 1545 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though this product smells like the love child of Desitin and Lemon Pledge, I love it and it works. I put a lot on before I go to bed, so that it sort of sits in the "alley" between my skin and nail. It's sort of a combo of greasy and creamy. I don't know why it works so well for me, but it does. I previously used Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream and Solar Oil. Solar Oil was too time consuming for me, having to aim that brush to get the stuff in the right place. =8D Burt's Bees was what I was using until I read so many raves about LF, so I had to try LF. LF just works better for me (despite the Desitin smelling part of it, which is the only downside and I can overlook it because my cuticles have improves soooo much with nightly use!) so I quit using Burt's Bees. I agree that the tub is expensive, but it lasts such a long time even if used frequently and a lot of it each time. I highly recommend this product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Wow!! This stuff is just wonderful.....

And though the price is somewhat daunting for a cuticle cream- it is a huge pot. I was surprised when I saw it...and a little bit goes a long way....

Its highly emollient, rich and creamy, and smells very nicely!

I would purchase this again...but I'm not sure I will ever run out!! There is so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by theory_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are (at least) a half-dozen different emollient sources in this fantastic cream, so I definitely forgive its tendency to take a little longer to absorb. The initial greasiness is absolutely worth the results.

Compared to another lemony cuticle favorite, Burt's Bees lemon cuticle creme, LUSH squeaks by as the favorite for me. I prefer the creamy, thick buttery texture to the slightly gritty ointment feel of BB, and I like that, because of its texture, you can use Lemony Flutter on other dry areas too (slathering it over hands before bed is a total treat). The smell? For some reason it's quite herbal to me, but my boyfriend insists it smells like Lemon Pledge. It's definitely a sweeter, more cloying lemon smell, as opposed to the bright juicy tangy lemons of Burt's Bees. The 1.5 ounce tub will last me a long time - I can almost hear my cuticles thanking me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by alishamaria

I really love this stuff, It is my cuticle miracle worker! I polish my nails a few times a week so my nails and cuticles seem to get dry and when I use this consistently, they look great! It is a bit greasy, but I don't mind since it works so well. It is perfect to put on before you go to bed, and can also be put on heels and elbows. I will definately get this again when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for my super dry hands/cuticles and its just too damn greasy. It smells overpoweringly like lemon, obviously, which is I guess a turn-on for some folks. For me, it just made me nauseous after a while. It would be better if it was less greasy and less lemony... I'd much prefer a subtle lemon scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I just started using this product and so far I really like it. The scent is a bit strong and of course very lemony but that's fine with me and I find it's only strong initially and fades quickly. I am only using a tiny bit right on each nail and cuticle and some on my heels. It's very oily and too thick/rich for anywhere else. I do have very dry skin with psoriasis (body not face, my face is oily lol) but I am not ready to try such a heavily scented waxy balm on sensitive areas yet. I found that due to the oiliness of the product it does take a little time to sink in completely, but at least it does sink in. I am used many creams that just never get absorbed. I thought the price was fine for the amount you are getting, which will probably last me until way after the best before date. It might be best to split this with a friend since I'll never get through it, such a small amount of product really goes a long way. Although I am probably in the minority here I really like the packaging, I wish it came in a smaller size but the tub is fine with me, I use so little that i can just dip the very tips of my fingers in and rub it in and I am done. I should probably mention that the product actually works as well haha, I have very dry cuticles, I work in the medical field and am constantly washing my hands and my nails look pretty bad most of the time, disgusting really. My cuticles look normal after I use this, which is saying a lot. I will repurchase if I ever get through this tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by katelovesmac

I bought this product during my haul yestarday at LUSH. It smelt gorgeous! Really lemony. It left my cuticles soft and my nails shiny. I also used a little on my heels and elbows and it was great for that too. I think this pot is going to last me ages but I will deffinetly repurchase when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Hellykitto

Best Darn Cuticle Cream ever, Period.

If you polish your nails more than once a week, this is a MUST. It does go on greasy, the smell is strong, and the tub is so ginormous that it will definitely last beyond the bogus "expiration date" LUSH puts on their products.

Nothing on the planet keeps my cuticles from peeling off than this. Nothing. It is also awesome for heels and elbows.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jessimara

This is only useful after a manicure, massage or in partcularily dry/cold climates. The gorgeous smell is delicious and I pray for someone to bring out a similar scent for perfume (any suggestions???)
It's consistency is thick creamy and is really good on elbows, knees as well as cuticles and hands. It sinks in really well, and the price I think is worth the product. It's a cute colour, amazing scent, and the cute kitschy packaging - all eco-sourced - is SO Lush.
Would buy again, but it's so thick and you have to use it so sparingly I don't think I will for a good year!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by LipBalmFiend

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the lemon scent and the thick texture of this cuticle cream. It's nice and thick and greasy, but it doesn't take long to sink in. This keeps my cuticles soft and healthy looking. The scent reminds me of Fruit Loops.