December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by itsamutiny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color. I painted my toes with it the day I got it, and I couldn't stop looking at them all night. It makes me feel like a '40s starlet! The shimmer/glitter is great, and the color itself is great. It took three thin coats of top coat to be almost smooth, probably four if I wanted it totally smooth, but I think it's worth it. I haven't yet taken it off though, so I don't know how easily it comes off. Overall, I absolutely love it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good sparkly red.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this color. Looks just like the ruby slippers in the Wizard of oz. It is sparkly and shiny and has a lot of depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by foaloke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely glittery red!!! I saw that other reviewers had problem removing it - perhaps it's time to buy another nail polish remover? It may be a little bit more difficult to take it off than the polish without glitter, but it's no big deal. Will definitely re-purchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dropsical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely my favorite nail polish. I saw this color in the bottle and had to have it. I tried it in the store before I bought it to see if it was a pigmented polish rather than a sheer glittery red wash, and I was thrilled to see that it was red with glitter rather than being just red glitter. It's also not chunky tacky pre-teen glitter polish. It's just sparkly and shimmery but still smooth.

It's so pretty in the sun, and it really looks like Dorothy's ruby slippers. I've got two coats on my toes and they're going strong after nearly two weeks. The coat on my nails lasted 4-5 days, but I tend to pick at my nails a lot and they get chipped from me picking at them. I only used one coat on my fingers and it looked great. Perfect on every finger, save my right thumb, where there was one spot where the red wasn't quite opaque. I don't see how anyone could need three coats of this- one was enough for my fingers, and I didn't see much of an improvement with the two coats on my toes other than the color was just a little deeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Talk about a holiday-ready shade! Vibrant, vivid red with tons and tons of shimmer. I would say that sometimes I feel like a little girl playing dress up when I wear this, but it's totally alright - it's such a happy, make-no-excuses shade. Worn in the summer, the sunlight just makes the nails dance; in the winter, even though my toes will be hiding under a layer of cotton socks and leather boots, they'll be quite overjoyed to be sporting such a unique color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Putting this on now... 1st layer, kinda magenty glittery mess... 2nd coat oooh this looks nice but could look better.. damn.. 3rd coat.. okay now it looks like the bottle... damn i just touched another finger.. top coat and it really does catch the light and looks pretty good.

Final thoughts, wow this is going to be a pain to get off, i should really practice because its all over my fingers, and yeah you probably really need a top coat to make this sucker stand out. but over all I love it and its totally what i was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by snubpie

I was super excited to buy this product because its so popular but it disappointed me. at first it was amazing i loved it just like any other china glaze polish but after 3 days it had totally faded. it looked dirty and really ..gross i guess. it might've been my basecoat but it was a good quality one so im not sure. i've only used it once so hopefully next time will be better. i will buy it again when it runs out because it is such a stand out colour, however :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Shushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite red nail polish!!
I normally don't like glittery makeup or nail polish because I think it can look tacky... but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. The glitter isn't chunky at all, and it looks so deep and rich and multi-dimensional when painted on.

I get so many compliments when I wear this.

A must-have!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancerUK

Upon first application of this polish I was disappointed as it was that slightly-pink/ red colour you get with cheap, less pigmented polishes but after a second coat I was seriously impressed. Full-on christmassy red chock full of sparkle, a beautiful colour. It was when it dried that I was a little disappointed, the shimmer was their but it seemed so full of glitter that it had a matt finish which was only restored with a top coat.

It lasted for two days before chipping, but then I can't keep polish on my nails so it may well last longer on everyone else.

It was when I came take it off I had issues - the stuff would not budge and cotton wool stick into the gungy polish! It took several goes of nail-drying acetone to strip it off my nails. However, I was pleased that when it finally came of their was no discolouration that you might expect with red polishes; my fingers were clean and ready to paint again.

A great colour but a nightmare to get off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always wanted a red glittery polish like this! I tried to get something like this with Orly, but was disappointed. Once I got this however, I was like, "EUREKA!" It was truly exciting. (Yes, I get excited over nail polish...)

I have received a lot of compliments on this color, and I love the subtle yet not-so-subtle glitter effect in the polish. This totally covers your nails with the color, so it's not a so-so sheer color like some other brands (Ahem, Orly). I love this color, it looks great on both fingernails and toenails. This should win an award, it's that good! What I've been looking for for awhile--thank you China Glaze color creators!