July 28, 2014 | 2073 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Putting this on now... 1st layer, kinda magenty glittery mess... 2nd coat oooh this looks nice but could look better.. damn.. 3rd coat.. okay now it looks like the bottle... damn i just touched another finger.. top coat and it really does catch the light and looks pretty good.

Final thoughts, wow this is going to be a pain to get off, i should really practice because its all over my fingers, and yeah you probably really need a top coat to make this sucker stand out. but over all I love it and its totally what i was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by snubpie

I was super excited to buy this product because its so popular but it disappointed me. at first it was amazing i loved it just like any other china glaze polish but after 3 days it had totally faded. it looked dirty and really ..gross i guess. it might've been my basecoat but it was a good quality one so im not sure. i've only used it once so hopefully next time will be better. i will buy it again when it runs out because it is such a stand out colour, however :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Shushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite red nail polish!!
I normally don't like glittery makeup or nail polish because I think it can look tacky... but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. The glitter isn't chunky at all, and it looks so deep and rich and multi-dimensional when painted on.

I get so many compliments when I wear this.

A must-have!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancerUK

Upon first application of this polish I was disappointed as it was that slightly-pink/ red colour you get with cheap, less pigmented polishes but after a second coat I was seriously impressed. Full-on christmassy red chock full of sparkle, a beautiful colour. It was when it dried that I was a little disappointed, the shimmer was their but it seemed so full of glitter that it had a matt finish which was only restored with a top coat.

It lasted for two days before chipping, but then I can't keep polish on my nails so it may well last longer on everyone else.

It was when I came take it off I had issues - the stuff would not budge and cotton wool stick into the gungy polish! It took several goes of nail-drying acetone to strip it off my nails. However, I was pleased that when it finally came of their was no discolouration that you might expect with red polishes; my fingers were clean and ready to paint again.

A great colour but a nightmare to get off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always wanted a red glittery polish like this! I tried to get something like this with Orly, but was disappointed. Once I got this however, I was like, "EUREKA!" It was truly exciting. (Yes, I get excited over nail polish...)

I have received a lot of compliments on this color, and I love the subtle yet not-so-subtle glitter effect in the polish. This totally covers your nails with the color, so it's not a so-so sheer color like some other brands (Ahem, Orly). I love this color, it looks great on both fingernails and toenails. This should win an award, it's that good! What I've been looking for for awhile--thank you China Glaze color creators!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Angelurr

Gorgeous, gorgeous red. For those of you who've seen every color under the sun, this is a unique take on red. It's a fine (but not ultra fine) red glitter that takes on a gorgeous sparkle in the light. Maybe not for every day wear, and it might be a little too out of the box for most, but if you were to ever step out of the box with a nail polish, this is the one to try. As others have mentioned, it is a very true ruby red. And unlike other brands with poorer glitter formulas, this is extremely pigmented. However, three coats give the best results. It wears incredibly well--aside from some tip wear made more apparent by the color chipping off of the red glitter and leaving behind silver specks. But I have never had this polish peel or nick. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ohlalaitsamd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this color esp. on my toes..beautiful and diff. i put 2-3coats on..perfect summer color..or any season really

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Glitter-packed ruby red, not too dark or light--just a deep, true ruby red. Lovely nail polish, very pigmented but inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After looking at good ratings on here, I decide to buy this. I just applied this on my toe nails, and......holy cow!!!! Such a sexy color!!!! It reminds me of dorothy's red pumps. No wonder it named ruby pumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by starrlite77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I got this polish I had low expectations. I just new that it would be sheer like. Boy was I wrong! Its very red with some bling! Once I got that top coat on it that glitter stands out. I cannot stop looking at my nails.