Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 5/27/2007 8:17:00 AM

I found this product at Rite Aid. I use waterproof mascara and I like this product because it conditions the eyelashes and helps to prevent the fallout and drying effect of wp mascara. I think it makes your lashes look thicker just because you are no longer losing them. I've been very happy with this product.

on 5/23/2007 3:23:00 PM

I bought this product with high hopes due to the reviews on here. I used it on brows and lashes faithfully for a month or two. I found that my brows grew in a little fuller, and my lashes seemed to be a little longer in a few spots. Overall, the effects were not really noticible. I think the same can be acheived by rubbing eye cream on lashes at night.

What bothered me about the formula is that it "went bad" after a short time, turning a grey color and becomming more liquidy in the bottle. I was afraid I'd get an infection so I threw it out.

Overall, I don't know if I got a fluke. Its worth trying out for the price but its a hard-to-find product and is probably more of a conditioner than an acceleator, as mentioned below.

on 5/23/2007 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this review is partially in response to lucy camden's review below. no, there is nothing that can be applied topically to make hair grow faster, but since the hair you see can be thought of as an 'equilibrium snapshot' showing the composite of both hair growth and hair breakdown, i don't think their claims of it being a growth accelerator are all that off. if you want longer eyelashes, you can either increase the rate that your hair grows at (difficult, and probably only feasible through ingestion of massive quantities of biotin, msm, etc) OR you can decrease the rate that your hair breaks down at, which is where i think this comes in. if you coat your eyelashes in something that somewhat protects them from mechanical wear n' tear, you'll see longer eyelashes as a result. so maybe the product would be more accurately named if they called it a lash growth conditioner (which, incidently, don't just make lashes *appear* longer), but those sort of semantics bore me. so i buy the increased length, not increased eyelash density. that said, i've used ardell and am pretty happy with it when i'm vigilant about remembering to put it on every AM and PM. it definitely lengthens my eyelashes, and when i'm actually wearing it it has the added benefit of accentuating them as a clear mascara gloss would. but being a routine-challenged girl, i hardly ever remember to wear it. but i definitely recommend it to those who would. i've made the lush lash recipe on carekate's notepad, and far prefer it to ardell, but it's an awful mess to make, and in the short term more expensive. the day she puts her lush lash on the market, i'll defect from the ardell camp.

on 5/23/2007 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think the raves about this product are mostly wishful thinking. There's no ingredient in it that would encourage hair growth (if in fact such an ingredient even exists), and if it truly tripled and quadrupled lash length stores would not be able to keep it in stock. I've used it for 8 weeks and have seen no results. Maybe the conditioning ingredients make lashes and brows *appear* longer and lusher, but hair growth comes from the inside, not from a topical gel applied on the outside. Don't waste your money.

on 5/23/2007 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

IMO this is a lash conditioner and not a 'lash growth accelerator'. I tried it for a month as it replaced my treatment oils for lash care. In the end it didn't do anything that my normal routine failed to do. No increase of lashes or lash length. I also didn't like this as a mascara base. After letting it dry for a few minutes, I tried my Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof mascara. Looked nice, but halfway through the day my mascara was smudging all over my eye area! The reason I give it a 1-rating is the product name, making the product completely misleading. If it were sold as a lash conditioner I'd give it a 3 or 4 rating because for that it's decent. But since there's no way it can prove to be an effective, growth accelerator - making hair literally grow faster, it'll get low marks from me. Will not repurchase.

on 5/22/2007 11:24:00 PM

I used a full tube and the growth accelerator didn't grow my lashes longer or thicker. That doesn't mean it's bad stuff, though. It's a great lash conditioner and I'll likely keep using it for that several times a week.

I already have longish lashes, which could be why it doesn't work on me. It seems to work best on people with problem lashes.

My brows are thinning so I think I'll use the second tube on my brows and my lashes.

on 5/22/2007 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this faithfully for about 6 weeks and it did nothing. Absolutely nada. Obviously, would not buy again

on 5/20/2007 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First off the reason why I gave it 4/5 is because it doesn't really make my lashes grow like I thought it would, but the 4 I gave it is because it's still great as a lash conditioner and primer. I use it every day before mascara, just leaving it a minute or two to set before applying the mascara. I rarely ever lose lashes now, where before I was losing them daily whenever I'd remove my mascara. That alone makes this worth it!

on 5/15/2007 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think this product is like "leave-in conditioner for the lashes". I've only been using it for a few weeks, so I can't comment on the growth I've noticed on my lashes. My lashes are pretty long, dark and thick. (I don't mean to brag here) I seldom use mascara because I only wear it when I go out of the house which is about once a week. I have been noticing that when I remove my mascara (I use Clarins Fix' Mascara over because my eyes tear up easily) I'm losing one or two lashes. I use Clinique or Clarins Eye Makeup Remover and Shu's Cleansing Oils, which is why I don't think that's the culprit. However; I want to do as much as I possibly can for my lashes, to strengthen, moisturize and protect them. Think about how much we spend on shampoos, conditioners and treatments, to counter-act damage we inflict on the hair on our head. From styling, hot irons, coloring, perming, etc. Look our lashes and brows: we put a black or brown, smearproof and sometimes waterproof substance on our lashes, then we remove it several hours later. It's so hard to get off, we have to use a product made specifically for that! Our lashes get little time to actually breathe. Some of us do this on a daily basis--but what are we doing to protect our lashes? This is it! This is what we can do. I don't believe the claims of making lashes or brows grow. Come on now, it's not Rogaine, but if this product can keep those delicate pieces of hair from breaking off, then they can grow. That's all I expect from it and so far, I'm pretty happy with it:) I use it at night after cleansing my face and putting on all my other potions. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Plus (this is a big plus!) it's dirt cheap! When compared to the other products that are $40 and OMG $140, $5 isn't much to pay. I'll continue using this and hopefully my lashes will stay luscious!

My lashes: Light brown that fade to an invisible blonde at the ends, fine but dense.

I donít *need* more lashes and my brows are seriously dense on their own, but what girl doesnít want more dramatic lashes, you know? Not to mention, Iím a BIG lash girl...I love my lashes long, full, feathery, thick and black, falsies are never out of the question! So Iíve been using this religiously for the past 2 weeks and being kind to my lashes (not wearing mascara everyday). I use it in the evening after Iíve taken off my makeup and wear it to sleep, and during the day I apply a light coat under my waterproof mascara (Maybelline Full níSoft)...it seems to act as a primer even.

2 weeks...only 2 weeks and my lashes are even more dense than before and just a tad longer. The lashes on my outer corners have always been kinda wimpy, but theyíre noticeably longer. No need for my faux lashes anymore to achieve the dramatic look I love. Iím thrilled!

My only complaint is that I wish this was easier to find. Currently, only the CVS around here carries it. I would order this on the internet if no place around here carried it...thatís how much I love it. I most certainly will repurchase! continued >>

Top Rated Ardell Products