October 21, 2014 | 906 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off the reason why I gave it 4/5 is because it doesn't really make my lashes grow like I thought it would, but the 4 I gave it is because it's still great as a lash conditioner and primer. I use it every day before mascara, just leaving it a minute or two to set before applying the mascara. I rarely ever lose lashes now, where before I was losing them daily whenever I'd remove my mascara. That alone makes this worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is like "leave-in conditioner for the lashes". I've only been using it for a few weeks, so I can't comment on the growth I've noticed on my lashes. My lashes are pretty long, dark and thick. (I don't mean to brag here) I seldom use mascara because I only wear it when I go out of the house which is about once a week. I have been noticing that when I remove my mascara (I use Clarins Fix' Mascara over because my eyes tear up easily) I'm losing one or two lashes. I use Clinique or Clarins Eye Makeup Remover and Shu's Cleansing Oils, which is why I don't think that's the culprit. However; I want to do as much as I possibly can for my lashes, to strengthen, moisturize and protect them. Think about how much we spend on shampoos, conditioners and treatments, to counter-act damage we inflict on the hair on our head. From styling, hot irons, coloring, perming, etc. Look our lashes and brows: we put a black or brown, smearproof and sometimes waterproof substance on our lashes, then we remove it several hours later. It's so hard to get off, we have to use a product made specifically for that! Our lashes get little time to actually breathe. Some of us do this on a daily basis--but what are we doing to protect our lashes? This is it! This is what we can do. I don't believe the claims of making lashes or brows grow. Come on now, it's not Rogaine, but if this product can keep those delicate pieces of hair from breaking off, then they can grow. That's all I expect from it and so far, I'm pretty happy with it:) I use it at night after cleansing my face and putting on all my other potions. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Plus (this is a big plus!) it's dirt cheap! When compared to the other products that are $40 and OMG $140, $5 isn't much to pay. I'll continue using this and hopefully my lashes will stay luscious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lashes: Light brown that fade to an invisible blonde at the ends, fine but dense.

I donít *need* more lashes and my brows are seriously dense on their own, but what girl doesnít want more dramatic lashes, you know? Not to mention, Iím a BIG lash girl...I love my lashes long, full, feathery, thick and black, falsies are never out of the question! So Iíve been using this religiously for the past 2 weeks and being kind to my lashes (not wearing mascara everyday). I use it in the evening after Iíve taken off my makeup and wear it to sleep, and during the day I apply a light coat under my waterproof mascara (Maybelline Full níSoft)...it seems to act as a primer even.

2 weeks...only 2 weeks and my lashes are even more dense than before and just a tad longer. The lashes on my outer corners have always been kinda wimpy, but theyíre noticeably longer. No need for my faux lashes anymore to achieve the dramatic look I love. Iím thrilled!

My only complaint is that I wish this was easier to find. Currently, only the CVS around here carries it. I would order this on the internet if no place around here carried it...thatís how much I love it. I most certainly will repurchase! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not really sure how to feel about this becasue I only have been using it for three days. But so far, it has made a slight difference. My lashes do look a little thicker if my eyes are not deceiving me. I bought mine from drugstore.com and it was less than four dollars, so if you don't like it, it won't be a total loss and its a cheap alternative to talika's version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second tube of this. I think that really what it has done for my lashes is simply condition them, making them less prone to fallout. My brows are another story. I've always fought with uneven, wild brows, and since I started to use this on them, i've been overjoyed at the results. I was seriously surprised in a FOTD photo of mine to see what they were doing. I didn't even pay attention till then. WIthin a couple months they were getting really long. I'd been cleaning them up as I went, so I didn't notice, but the shape is just about perfect and the ends of my arches are grown back in. I've had to trim them down big time and now my brows are what I've always wanted them to be. I will repurchase until it ceases to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by SWTGINBUG

I love this product. Before I use to have the tendency of over plucking my brows. yes I know. But after using this product for about 6 months now, I love it. I use it every night on my brows and eyelashes. The before and after effect on my brows has been amazing. Before I had sparse brows and now they are full, I dont have to fill them in as much as I did before. I love it and I will use it over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Rainbowcrushed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is advertised as helping eyelashes and eyebrows grow. But it really doesnt make a noticeable difference to me. It seems more like it just coats the lashes with conditioners and little fibers and makes them seem thicker.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ntra

I've been using this for two weeks (maybe less) and I think my lashes are thicker, but it's hard to tell because I can't remember what my lashes looked like before. It's great that other people have gotten dramatic results, but I haven't seen anything really that noticable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by calif_maki

This really works! In 2 weeks, I could see the improvement on both upper and lower lashes. They're getting longer and thicker! I think they've gotten stronger too as I've been shedding less lashes. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by haruchan

It's just almost unbelievable that something so cheap can work so well. I have no idea what they put in this but it worked for me within just a week. My lashes became fuller and noticeable longer. I used to have less than 10 lashes on my lower lids and now, there are new lashes growing out along my lower lids. For the first time, I can actually apply mascara to my lower lashes. Previously I could not do that without looking silly as mascara would only accentuate the lack of lashes along my lower lid. I will gladly repurchase this a thousand times over.