April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 9:21:00 PM More reviews by offthewall918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this powder compact today at Target for about 7 bucks I think... I have never really used powder previously since I don't break out a lot of have any really weird coloring in certain spots on my face. I used the color guide next to the display to find my color and I'm a C3 which is Creamy Natural. I really like that I could find out my color using the little color matcher thing and this powder really does blend in with my face really good. My mom has warm undertones and even when she used this powder it didn't look weird on her. She only applied it on one side of her face and had a friend decide which side looked better and the friend picked the powdered side! It evens out red blotchiness (spelling?) well and looks nice. I don't really like how the mirror is on the bottom though. The way the compact is set up makes it a little hard to apply but I don't really think it will bug me that much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by adia1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst powder foundation I have ever tried.
It left my combination skin looking dry and the neutral powder (N4) was chalky and too yellow to be called a true neutral. The ultimate test, I tested it on my little sister who has the skin and complexion of an "angel" and it made her cheek look dull and dry. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2005 9:20:00 PM More reviews by aliee

It worked well for me. It didnt cause any breakouts, and seemed to do what i wanted it to. Also had a wide colour selection.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

It doesn’t do much in every way. I use it over true match liquid foundation and also by it’s self too…. Color selection is good but the quality doesn’t cut it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by yoga4life101

Great color selection!!! Just as good as its partner in crime True Match Liquid Foundation. It does stay matte for a while even though you may need to reapply. True Match should be good for all skin types so TRY IT!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by shinobucat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very disappointed in this product. I am a very fair skinned brunette and I tried the N1, the color was great, but that is the only thing I liked. I apply my powder with a brush, not with the included sponge, and I still felt like it went on very heavily. I was expecting a finer milled powder from L'Oreal. I normally have very clear, breakout free skin. A few weeks after using this product I began to get terrible breakouts in my T-zone. I am confident that the True Match powder is the culprit because I have not had any other changes in my routine (no other new make up, cleansers, hair products, medications, etc...).
I like the packaging though, it was easy to use and easy to keep clean, so I gave it lippies for that. I definitely will not repurchase, as my last purchase is sitting in my garbage can.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by the_jinx_is_over

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

L'oreal gets my stamp of approval yet again, I bought this in buff beige, I went by their color system and was a bit unsure if I was warm or neutral, but found I really can do either one, I went for beige after noticing a lot of the powders, foundations I'ved bought in the past are either buff or beige something. What really impressed me it's the texture of this product, very fine-milled, I simply apply it whit a powder brush and I'm out the door, very no fuss, I'm yet to try their foundation, I use Prescriptives and found the powder didn't change or affect overall color, I was lucky they compliment each other. Definately would purchse again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by StGrove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great powder--works well for touchups/covering shine. Can look heavy if you put too much on--duh. ;) No problems w/ breakouts, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2005 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Cartoonfish

This is horrible. It looks very nice and flawless upon application, but it creases within 30 mins or so, and my usually normal skin starts producing more oil. i think this foundation is drying, and the finish is matte but has shimmer, which i don't like. the lasting power is horrible, faded and oxidised within 3 hrs, the only thing good about this is the variety of shades availible. If ur looking for a liquid foundation that is lasting, natural and covers well, please take a look at Revlon colorstay. cheaper too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ScoobyDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am going to yes on buying this again but so far I have only used it for 2 days.
I find that once this settles it does look very natural. I am also happy to report that it does not make my pores look bigger but it does not make the disappear either.

I would give this 4 lippies if I could find a way to get more coverage from it. I am thinking about wetting a sponge and see if that helps with more coverage.

Now about that "True Match" name. The drugstore that I bought this at did not have samplers but it did have a card thing that I could help match my skin tone. The way you do it is by holding the chart over your wrist and find the color that fades and you can not see it. The color that did this on me looked a bit too light so I got that color and the next color that looked like a match from the chart.
When I used the foundation I rubbed the sponge on each foundation and applied to my face. After trying this 2 different ways I am thinking that maybe the 1st shade was right for after all. Once you get the color on it seem to adjust to your face color. I am very happy with the color match. I according to several MAC SA's I am neutral warm yet have a bit of pink to my skin so, it is very hard for me to find a "perfect match" in foundation.

I am also very happy with how well it controlled my oil throughout the day. I didn't even need to blot once! I have very oily skin!
Once I use this for several days I will know if it is going to make me breakout. Usually if a product is going to make me breakout I start getting whiteheads around my nose. So far so good!

After use of a few more days I will update this review and if I can get more coverage and know this product will not break me out I will give it another lippie.